NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 am

Post by pisskop »

Do you think he's scum or overanxious?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 797, pisskop wrote:Thats a little serious for such a weak point bro.

Considering you have an interest in Psychology, I'm surprised you think so.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 799, Ricastle wrote:I mean, I could keep obnoxiously picking holes in Xkfyu's posts, but that would definitely become very annoying very fast for the both of us.

Go for it. It won't annoy me in the slightest. I do love a good debate.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:52 am

Post by pisskop »

Is your ultimate point that no town ever makes this mistake? Where are you going from here? Youve confined your arguement too much
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 am

Post by pisskop »

Im still of the mindset he is town. This really only works if he is scum either

-buddying snarky
-using snarky as a point of reference

1 is much, much more possible than 2.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 803, pisskop wrote:Is your ultimate point that no town ever makes this mistake? Where are you going from here? Youve confined your arguement too much

I'll get to my ultimate point by way of interactions with Almost50. Once I've made up my mind about whether I think he's town or scum, I'll address your concerns. For now, how about letting me question him, instead of answering to you?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 802, Xkfyu wrote:
There'd be no point, anyway, because I'm townreading you. And I think the last thing this thread needs is utterly useless clog.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:01 am

Post by pisskop »

Well no, Im completely happy sorting through you while I wait for the rest of the game. Ima get in yo' head.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 807, pisskop wrote:Well no, Im completely happy sorting through you while I wait for the rest of the game. Ima get in yo' head.

Yeah, good luck with that. But fine, you can ask me whatever you want, as long as you understand that I won't be addressing anything having to do with my line of questioning with Almost, until after I'm done.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 806, Ricastle wrote:
In post 802, Xkfyu wrote:
There'd be no point, anyway, because I'm townreading you. And I think the last thing this thread needs is utterly useless clog.

You don't think you could be wrong?

What if you do pick apart my posts, and you hit on something that leads to the lynch of a scum me? That wouldn't be useless would it?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Xkfyu: There's a fine line between trusting someone to be town & trusting their reads to be accurate. I think I've addressed this point before, but here goes for one more town: hypothetically assuming SS is scum it doesn't change the fact that his reads are trustworthy. If scum he might not put them in the correct order, but he will not place his scum partners at the top or the most established townies at the bottom. He may opt to mix them up in the middle, which is an assumption I'm fine with.

Now, I myself have reason to suspect GR. I'm only using SS' reads for a double check. If I ignore his reads totally I'd still be scum reading GR. No, let me rephrase that:
My read list would still look the same
. So, please... let's stop this "but what if he's scum?" argument because it's making me regret being honest and telling you the whole truth. I could've stopped with my own two reason to suspect GR and saved myself the headache of the side argument.

Now what did SS post that moved him from null to town indeed. Just a read list that looked close enough to my own, noted the difference between my play on the game where I was scum and this one, & suggested we should ignore the ika-Silver opting out as basis for deciding their alignment. I would've expected Scum!SS to capitalize on such points which is the opposite of what he did. And before anyone points out "hey, he could still be scum partners with them" I'd respond: Oh, but I know my own alignment and I thus don't see how Scum!SS would miss out on this opportunity to push me and -instead- try to convince BeBop to reconsider.

If you're of an unknown alignment and you soft defend town you're likely town. If you play down suspicious behaviour by two -more or less- linked players you're likely town regardless of their alignment (he could've just ignored it or said something that is neither for nor against the case), and if your read list coincides with one produced by a townie you're likely town. 3 reasons that -combined- make me read him as town.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 809, Xkfyu wrote:

What if you do pick apart my posts, and you hit on something that leads to the lynch of a scum me? That wouldn't be useless would it?
Do you think I could be wrong?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 811, Ricastle wrote:
In post 809, Xkfyu wrote:

Do you think I could be wrong?

Clearly, I don't need to think about it, because I KNOW if you're wrong or not. I'm just curious as to why you're so confident.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 810, Almost50 wrote:@Xkfyu: There's a fine line between trusting someone to be town & trusting their reads to be accurate. I think I've addressed this point before, but here goes for one more town: hypothetically assuming SS is scum it doesn't change the fact that his reads are trustworthy. If scum he might not put them in the correct order, but he will not place his scum partners at the top or the most established townies at the bottom. He may opt to mix them up in the middle, which is an assumption I'm fine with.

Now, I myself have reason to suspect GR. I'm only using SS' reads for a double check. If I ignore his reads totally I'd still be scum reading GR. No, let me rephrase that:
My read list would still look the same
. So, please... let's stop this "but what if he's scum?" argument because it's making me regret being honest and telling you the whole truth. I could've stopped with my own two reason to suspect GR and saved myself the headache of the side argument.

Now what did SS post that moved him from null to town indeed. Just a read list that looked close enough to my own, noted the difference between my play on the game where I was scum and this one, & suggested we should ignore the ika-Silver opting out as basis for deciding their alignment. I would've expected Scum!SS to capitalize on such points which is the opposite of what he did. And before anyone points out "hey, he could still be scum partners with them" I'd respond: Oh, but I know my own alignment and I thus don't see how Scum!SS would miss out on this opportunity to push me and -instead- try to convince BeBop to reconsider.

If you're of an unknown alignment and you soft defend town you're likely town. If you play down suspicious behaviour by two -more or less- linked players you're likely town regardless of their alignment (he could've just ignored it or said something that is neither for nor against the case), and if your read list coincides with one produced by a townie you're likely town. 3 reasons that -combined- make me read him as town.

Man, you were so close...

I agree with your points about what makes Snarky probably town, and if you would've left well enough alone, I could've accepted that. But you had to go that extra mile and throw the bit in about trusting a scum players reads. Half of it is true, however. I don't think scum is stupid enough to put his scum buddies at the top of his town-read list. But, this early in the game, Snarky would have no real reason to have more than one scum buddy in his scum-read list. And possibly not even that many. He certainly doesn't have all of them in there.

Scum's main objective is to mislead town. So, there's no way that I'm buying that you legitimately believe that you can "trust" a scum Snarky's read list.

UNVOTE: pisskop

VOTE: Almost50
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Now, I'll address your stuff pisskop.

In post 800, pisskop wrote:Do you think he's scum or overanxious?

Scum

In post 803, pisskop wrote:Is your ultimate point that no town ever makes this mistake? Where are you going from here? Youve confined your arguement too much

My point was to try and figure out why he felt like he could trust Snarky so much, and my read on him was to be based on that.

In post 804, pisskop wrote:Im still of the mindset he is town. This really only works if he is scum either

-buddying snarky
-using snarky as a point of reference

1 is much, much more possible than 2.

No to your previous question (about whether I think they're buddies), as well. I actually think Snarky is town and is just wrong about Almost, and Almost is trying to take advantage of it.

In post 807, pisskop wrote:Well no, Im completely happy sorting through you while I wait for the rest of the game. Ima get in yo' head.

So, what are you waiting on? Let's do this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

That's fine by me. Just one more town player to ignore is all. :roll:
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Masquerade replaces PhantomCobalt who failed to respond to a Prod.

VC coming soon.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Very close to bedtime, how much time left in the phase please?

And hi.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Vote Count 1.10

pisskop (4)- JarJarDrinks, Nero Cain, I Am Innocent, BebopAReBopRhubarbPie
TheBlueRose (3) - Keyser Söze, Blackstar, Firebringer
Ricastle (2) - TheBlueRose, Radiant Cowbells
SnarkySnowman (2) - Golden Robster, Ricastle
Firebringer (1) - Masquerade
JarJarDrinks (1) - SnarkySnowman
I Am Innocent (1)- Almost50
Almost50 (1) - Xkfyu

Not Voting (2) - Zulfy, pisskop

With 17 alive it takes 9 to Lynch.

Deadline is Feb, 4th 2016 at 3:49 PM EST
Last edited by Fraggernaut on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by pisskop »

oh wow. we have like 9 day
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Good, I'll start catching up tomorrow then.

UNVOTE:
TheBlueRose
TheBlueRose
Goon
TheBlueRose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by TheBlueRose »

Sorry everyone going to have to V/LA for about 2-3 days due to family loss. Will post as soon as I am able.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 821, TheBlueRose wrote:Sorry everyone going to have to V/LA for about 2-3 days due to family loss. Will post as soon as I am able.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie »

Sorry to hear that blue.

RC, whats your opinion of Xkfyu and Almost50? The fact that I'm finding you trustworthy this game worries me...

In post 781, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 760, Almost50 wrote:BeBop is the one I'm leaning town on AND will still be listening to his reasoning.

this is also kinda funny given that bebop is sorta kinda shepping me
In post 605, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:I read the previous page, and I'm ready to vote ABR if nero's reasons are good.

but I'm sorta sheeping Jar Jar so meh...

Meh, I was mainly sheeping two other people on the wagon, but yours were the only reasons I hadn't heard. I'm sorry I've been so inactive.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Mod Notes:

I Am Innocent has appox. 8 hours to respond to a prod or will be replaced.

Keyser is coming off V/LA today, therefore he will be granted a additional 24 hours to post or will be prodded.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”