MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork:

Glork wrote:You've never played a role that requires you to survive, have you? Survivor, SK, role-with-a-Survivor-condition... they require a different style of play altogether. Why? Because no matter what you do, no matter how many correct lynches or mislynhces the town as a whole attains, no matter what plans you lay out to drive yourself to victory -- it all means nothing if you are killed. Playing a Survivor requires a different strategy altogether.

even if I am scum, I can still hunt scum because we know that there is both a mafia and an SK in the game.

I'm not following the logic of keeping an SK alive, on the assumption that he's going to go after the mafia. Could you explain that a bit better?

What SK tells on Guardian *have* you seen, exactly?

If Guardian is not the SK, then the SK will have significant incentive to kill Guardian regardless of whether Guardian is scum or the Doctor. If Guardian is the SK (which I must say, I find rather unlikely -- I think he'd have taken a lower profile in this game if so), then the Mafia may in fact leave him around for a while.

I find it very likely that in the next night or two, the SK will be cutting Guardian to pieces. And as long as we've got the SK playing vigilante for us, it's strategic to look eslewhere for our lynch.

Scenario 1: Guardian is a Mafiate. The SK likely kills him sooner or later -- preferrably, sooner.
Scenario 2: Guardian is the SK. I find this unlikely, but if it is, he will probably survive for a little while.
Scenario 3: Guardian is a Doctor. The SK will likely target him at some point; the Mafia may or may not. Survival may be dependent on the existence of a second Doc.

I find it highly likely (say, 80%) that the SK will target Guardian (again, unless Guardian is the SK -- a probability which I find to be insignificant).

So Guardian is most likely to survive if he is the SK, but I have already stated that I firmly believe Guardian to be non-SK.

I'm not *telling* the SK what to do. I am predicting what they will likely do. Like I said, regardless of what Guardian is, the SK would have a vested interest in seeing Guardian die.

Whoa. Time out. When I said "the SK is probably going to end up killing Guardian," both AE and you flew off the handle at me. And yet now you're directly telling the SK to kill Guardian. What the fuck, inHim? (does this indicate Glork knows inHim is not SK?)

(a ton of SK-scum killing speculation in post 204)

Quoting AE for saying "Glork is telling the SK what to do" and then TELLING THE SK WHAT TO DO is hypocritical at best. Really, if you hadn't quoted that post, which emphasized the "directing the SK" part, I probably wouldn't be going off like that. But you said that AE "hit the nail on the head" with "Glork is directing the SK" and now you're trying to direct the SK.

I think if inHim is scum caught with his pants down, he's probably the SK and he was trying to signal to the scums that he's going to target Guardian.

I think inHim is rather unlikely to be scum (in spite of his play -- like I said, *if* he's scum, he's probably the SK).

I'm curious to know why you think I'm the Serial Killer and not Mafia. What SK-specific tells do you believe I have given off in your opinion?

YB is definitely not the SK. He was the first person to claim on D1, and he claimed Townie. Considering he wasn't going to be counterclaimed (unless he was moronic enough to claim Vigilante or Cop), he could easily have claimed Doc and bought himself some time. As people discussed around the time of his claim, Townie is a weak claim because it gives a town no incentive to keep you alive. Townie is especially a bad claim for an SK.

I'm not sure why you've listed YB, Glork, and ManaSpryte as possible SKs while leaving off others such as Yos and TCS, whom you've asked to explain their actions more clearly. I get the feeling that you've listed YB because he's been a prime suspect, Glork because two people (inHim and TCS) have accused me of being the SK

SK is probably among {MBL, Yos, HH, BT, inHim}

with one Cop already dead, there really isn't a good fake-claim for scum (especially the SK) to make. Vigilante can't be proven, since we know the SK chainsaws and the Vig shoots. Cop could be counterclaimed, and it would force the SK to give accurate results. (If, for example, he'd declared an innocent on Sarc, the SK would be dead by now.)

Personally, I am seeing Guardian as a very likely SK candidate right now. As both inHim and I previously have pointed out why the SK would (or, in inHim's case, "should") target Guardian, does anybody else find it odd that the SK went after AE? Given his self-survival play, the somewhat odd kill choice (which, I think, was a weak attempt to frame MBL as an SK)

I want to point out that while Guardian brought up being crazy to revert his claim, it makes PERFECT sense if he is the SK and feared a second counterclaim.

I think that HH is very likely Mafia (prolly the last Goon), and that Guardian is the SK. I'm not sure who the Godfather is yet, but after those two are out of the way, we can figure that out. GG, scums. You've been paragon'd.

SK has every incentive to unclaim. As I stated earlier, if the SK gets countered, he's completely and utterly screwed unless he tries to back off of the claim. If he doesn't back off, he will very likely be lynched, and he will lose the game entirely. If he unclaims, there is a chance (albeit a slim one) that he will be believed and can maneuver himself into a position to win the game.

Your behavior has convinced me that you are very likely the SK. Period.

right now, your actions ring of being the SK. Period.

making a 'bad' claim such as Doc is preferrable to getting lynched if you're an SK. Do you understand that an SK's top priority is survival? Do you understand why players who will do anything to survive (as you have done) will be seen as being a likely SK?

My biggest problem is that I'm actually trying to decide if MBL makes more sense as the SK or as a Mafiate. I've seen indicators of both -- more on the SK side than the Mafia side, though.

MBL as SK: (blah blah blah post 272)

MBL is not only likely to be the SK, but his behavior is certainly NOT indicative of him being non-mafia.

MBL is still the SK, and eliminating him eliminates a nightkill upcoming. MBL, if Kinetic is lynched as town, you should probably be hitting scum tonight.

I think that if we lynch Mafia, they'll both try to kill town tonight to make it 7 players alive with 5 Town, 1 SK, 1 Mafia. That is their best hope for survival. Our goal should be to eliminate a kill altogether. Alternatively, hitting scum is the second option, but going after the SK is definitely, IMHO, the right play here.

As SK, I'd leave YB alive because he probably buys me another day/night.

Also, Sheven, what makes you think that TCS is the Godfather or the SK? I'd like specifics, please.

MBL, part of the reason I don't seem interested in your opinions of others' alignments is because I don't feel that you're necessarily telling the truth if you're an SK (which I obviously believe right now).

You are the SK and I want you dead today. End of story.

with no second Doctor and a Goon still out there, claiming Cop as SK would literally be giving up the game, ESPECIALLY AS I AM GOING AFTER SOMEBODY WHOM I BELIEVE IS THE SK.

I don't think that Billy, as SK, would stick his neck out for ANYBODY at that stage, especially Kinetic. the SK probably has little (if any) concern over whether we lynch town or scum today, so long as he survives.
Note: My main objection all along is that a mistake in his innocents (calling the goon innocent) would get him killed immediately. Would Glork take this risk, knowing full well he's already been targeted by scum and will be again? Tough to say. At this point, my lingering "hope" that Glork's the SK is largely because if he's not, I have to accept the fact he's played poorly this game. I'm so so tempted to say I really really don't think he is, but I'd hate to let him get away with murder if he IS. Also: Is eliminating a few players as SK, also not optimal.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

SK:

Jack(White)-most likely
TCS
Shteven
Yogurt(Rogueben)
BM(Kinetic)
inHim(CTD)
Yos
Twilight
Glork - least likely

I'll also add that an SK's much less likely to want to be replaced, unless like Jack, they're leaving the site altogether and abruptly. This jives with White, TCS, Shteven being my top three SK suspects.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:37 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
TCS:

TCS wrote:I'm calling Guardian as SK. Anyone else feeling this?

So are you Mafia or SK? Feel like claiming Vig?

does the SK hitting scum increase Glork's odds of being the SK?

Glork Mafia, Shteven SK?

he's Glork, and if he's mafia/SK he's just going to win because no one is going to have the stones to string him up. MBL seems like he wants to suicide though. (note: what did that mean?)

For my money, either Glork or Inhim is the SK.

I am more and more suspiscious that Glork is our SK.

I think that Glork is the serial killer. And even if he's not, if he's vanilla town, I'll eat some celery (I don't have a hat, and celery is gross).

1) the SK killed mafia
2) Glork has been overdefensive
3) Glork does not appear to be linked to any other players
I think that Glork is the SK
Very black and white one-dimensional, unsupported observations about an SK. Almost seems to be fishing for reactions or for something that sticks. Though his instinct on Glork wasn't bad at the time.
So you're saying I did what a protown player would try to--out scum, I at one point did what you agreed with--accused Glork, and I'm number two on your SK-list. You don't jive, daddy.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:39 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Shteven wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but september 13th was still day 4, ie, now. And since then, you've been voting for no one. I haven't checked but I'd believe you have voted MBL at some point, my question was about right now. Why won't the non-voting, non-replaced players keep the game moving?
"Guyyyys, why isn't there more activity? Why don't we keep the gaaame moving?"

I think I've tried to sound protown with these lines in every game as scum.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:05 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:So you're saying I did what a protown player would try to--out scum, I at one point did what you agreed with--accused Glork, and I'm number two on your SK-list. You don't jive, daddy.
No, I'm saying your comments on the subject are incredibly thin and unsubstantiated. "Bet you X is the SK." "Y is probably the SK." "Hai guyz think Z or PDQ could be the SK?"

And Shteven is right, some people need to step it up if we're going to catch scum. At least three of you are barking up the wrong tree without a backup plan. If Glork dies tonight, he'll most likely be kicking himself at the end of this game because net he's done more harm than good and not left us with anything positive to work with. Glork, I'm town. Please leave a legacy for the rest of your town and tell them who to go after once I turn up town. I don't care if you keep voting for me at this point. Just figure out who the three scum are.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:45 am

Post by White »

In an attempt to clear my name from Jacks actions; Jack (metagame) seems to always lurk. In this game alone i've actually seen more Jack action than I have in most of his games. He's also contributed quite a bit (imo) in the latter half of the game. However, his lurking always gets on my bad side. If you expect everyone to be up and in your face like Glork then naturally you'll assume Jack is scum. However based on his nonlurking posts and performance I find it easy to believe he's town. Knowing he's town "jives" perfectly with this.
MBL wrote:I'll also add that an SK's much less likely to want to be replaced <snip> This jives with White, TCS, Shteven being my top three SK suspects.
Actually I think based on the first sentence that Kinetic fits the bill best due to BMs actions. I've never been an sk, in fact i've never even played in a game (before this one) with an sk. I would imagine there's quite a burden of stress involved knowing that you're the only one on your team and you've got to craft beautful posts in order to even have a slight chance at surviving until the end game. Thinking that an sk wouldn't want to be replaced is pure WIFOM because you can't get inside of the mind of the sk. In addition i've replaced lurker scum and lurker town about evenly (talking about non-ongoing games) so using lurking/replacement as a scumtell is craplogic.

Pointing the finger with craplogic isn't helping dissuade me. My vote stands.
Shteven wrote:Do you ever intend to follow up on this, or any other vote, TCS?
I recall quite vividly that TCS stated he wouldn't mind hammering MBL earlier in the thread.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Sorry guys, I've let this game slip off the radar. I'll give a read of the last few pages and have something substantial later tonight, hopefully.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, like I mentioned before, I think the move for today is to go after one of the likely "mafia goon" suspects; if we hit either the SK or the Godfather in the process that's even better, but the real goal for today is to hit any of the three bad guys, (as lynching a townie puts us in a bad situation tommorow) and with the info we have the goon should be easiest to find.

So, this is the player list:

LoudmouthLee wrote: Still Alive: (10/20)

1. Shteven

2. MrBuddyLee (MBL)

5. The Central Scrutinizer (TCS)

6. Coron
6. inHimshallIbe
6. AlyG
6.CrashTextDummie

9. BattleMage
9. Kinetic

12. Glork

15. Billy Twilight

16. Jack
16. White

17. Yogurt Bandit
17. Mole
17. Rougeben

18. Nik Zero
18. Yosarian2
Glork is almost certanly not mafia, and if we believe him, then we know that InHim and TCS (and me) are not the mafia goon. So that narrows us down to:

1. Shteven

2. MrBuddyLee (MBL)

9. BattleMage
9. Kinetic

15. Billy Twilight

16. Jack
16. White

17. Yogurt Bandit
17. Mole
17. Rougeben

I know Glork was saying he was still harboring doubts, but at this point, unless he can make a better case then he has so far, I don't think it's likely MBL is mafia (he could very easily be the SK, of course). Billy Twilight and has seemed quite strongly pro-town to me today, and I've been getting a pro-town vibe from Jack for quite a while now.

So, in my opinion, the three most likely suspects for Goon/some other scum role are Shteven, Kinetic, and Rogueban/Yogurt. I'd be very surprised if the Goon isn't one of them, and I think the chances of any of them being any of the scum roles are fairly high.

Kinetic's a reasonable suspect, but while I've gotten some logical scumtells from him, I got a strong pro-town gut feeling from Battle Mage and I'm some weaker town gut feelings from Kinetic (mostly because his play in this game feels different from the one time I've seen him as scum). I know Glork's been going after Shteven for a long time, but I'm not really sure I see quite why; Glork, could you re-state the case for him being mafia? At the moment, I think the best suspect is probably Yogurt/Rogueban; the only point in his favor is the whole "almost got lynched twice" thing, but I'm not willing to take that as a strong town tell.

vote:Rougeban
. I'd be willing to change that if someone can either make a clearer case for him being town or make a stronger case for someone else being the mafia goon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Shteven »

White wrote:
Shteven wrote:Do you ever intend to follow up on this, or any other vote, TCS?
I recall quite vividly that TCS stated he wouldn't mind hammering MBL earlier in the thread.
That's the problem. He may want to hammer it, but he certainly won't support it now. If you think he's scum so strongly, you vote now. I have a very strong suspicion that TCS wouldn't mind hammering -anyone-. And that he doesn't want to get on a wagon early in case he'll be judged negatively for it. And that is the problem.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Shteven »

And to be consistent in my crusade for correct spelling, I wish to inform you that our dear friend rogueben's name is spelled rogueben. Picture a guy ben, give him some daggers, and put him in a shady tavern. Do not put him in a makeup factory (which produces rouge).

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

I'm curious as to why you want to goon hunt, Yos? Isn't the correct play to attempt to find the SK and lengthen the game as much as possible?

Glork, I looked at your list in post #2519, and I don't understand why White is in the "refuse to lynch at any point" list. Yos2 has seemed very protown to me, and I see no reason to lynch him any time soon, but Jack's play seemed to be a pretty good match for mafia, and certainly not non-SK play, to me. I'd list Jack/White (see what I did there?) in my top three suspects ATM. I simply don't understand why you and Yos both seem to find his play overtly pro-town.

My top three suspects currently are TCS, Shteven, and White. I think all three have play that is consistent with SK or mafia. I'd prefer a lynch of one of them, but I am willing to lynch MBL as well. Although I still don't really think we'd be lynching scum, his lynch could be very helpful for us in the long run, eliminating a safety net for a SK later assuming he isn't the SK, which I have been having doubts about recently. I've felt a good deal worse about MBL since his attack against Yos, which seemed to be reaching a long ways for me. Still, I think his chances of being SK are only slightly more than random, but the added benefit of getting rid of a WIFOM problem down the line is a good thing, IMO.

Glork, if you had to put a % number on MBL being the goon, what would it be?

I also want to hear a lot more from inHim's replacement before we move on with the day. I still find inHim's play scummy, but I want CtD to have a chance to post more before including him in my preferred lynch category.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

BillyTwilight wrote:I'm curious as to why you want to goon hunt, Yos? Isn't the correct play to attempt to find the SK and lengthen the game as much as possible?
At this point, I think the goal should be to lynch a bad guy, any bad guy, because if we do we're in decent shape numerically, no matter if there's a cross kill or not, and if we don't, we're in trouble. And I think our odds of finding the goon today are much higher then our odds of finding any other scum, because with Glork's investigations and such we can rule out about half the town right off the bat.

I also explained the other reasons earlier; any of the people in the "likely goon" group could also easily be another type of scum. If we lynch someone in that group, and it is either the godfather or the SK, we're in incredibly good shape because we should be able to find and lynch the goon tommorow. If they're the goon, then tommorow even if there isn't a cross-kill or a double kill, we'll be in a 6 townie, 1 scum, 1 mafia situation, and that's a pretty good place for the town to be. Wost case scenerio, if we lynch someone in that group and they're a townie, then our odds of lynching the goon tommorow and thus not losing are high, because there are only so many possible goon suspects left.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Correction: We'd actually be in a 5 townie 1 SK 1 scum situation if we lynch the goon and there's no cross-kills or double kills. Still not a bad place to be.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

If any of you have the time to read through those SK comments I posted for everyone, I'd love your thoughts on which one or two seem least sincere, with your explanations. One of those people is taking about themselves as they talk about the SK--it's a direct challenge to each of you to identify one or two prospective SKs out of the bunch.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

A brief reread of TCS's play shows that his defense against accusations today has been entirely:

"It's a bad mathematical play to lynch an investigated innocent."

Which is a terrible argument in this situation if he's speaking in generalities, and which is a downright scummy argument considering he's a prime suspect AND an investigated innocent.

TCS, if you are town, please step up your play. You're doing so little scumhunting that it's impossible to tell whether you're lazy town or indifferent scum. And your only significant push today has been against a proposed SK, which would be the predictable behavior of scum. At this moment I see you as today's most likely lynch, and if you're town that would be a disastrous result so please take this more seriously instead of nickel and dimeing this game with pithy weightless remarks. There are 100 pages to work with--please utilize them.

I'll also note that of the nine suspects remaining in this game, the one I see most likely to unwisely try to frame me as SK is TCS. I suppose anyone could have done it, but in my opinion, Glork, Billy, Yos, Jack, inHim would have found it too risky and YB wouldn't be that bold. BM and TCS fit the psychological profile decently, with Shteven a distant third due to the oddness in the way he's discussed the framing in this thread.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by White »

Mafia:
TCS-------------\
Shteven \
CTD } Very close together as likely scum.
Kinetic }
MBL /
RogueBen-------/
Billy
Yos2
Glork

SK:
MBL
Shteven
CKD
TCS
Rogueben
Kinetic
Billy
Yos2
Glork

Pretty much i'm thinking Billy, Yos2 and Glork are town with Billy being possibly a scum role but I think our likelihood of killing scum by nailing MBL, TCS or Shteven today is very high. Which in turn means I think i'd be ok with a lynch of any of those 3. I want more info from the others and I still feel we've got our best shot at nailing scum by lynching you MBL.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Any specific reason you're putting Yogurt/Rogueben so low on both lists, White?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Actually, now that I think about it, you'd think White as SK would be trying to get scum lynched, and he can't actually think I'm a real likely suspect for that. That might bump him below TCS on the possible SK list. Same with TCS to some extent, which leaves Shteven...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:If any of you have the time to read through those SK comments I posted for everyone, I'd love your thoughts on which one or two seem least sincere, with your explanations. One of those people is taking about themselves as they talk about the SK--it's a direct challenge to each of you to identify one or two prospective SKs out of the bunch.
Well, just going by gut here, but from that collecton on quotes you put together, I'd say that, other then you, the most likely SK candidates are probably Yogurt, TCS, or Shteven. I find it a bit wierd that none of your suspects here responded to your list at all; any of you guys feel like he's misrepresenting you here or anything?
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by Shteven »

MBL wrote:BM and TCS fit the [SK] psychological profile decently, with Shteven a distant third due to the oddness in the way he's discussed the framing in this thread.
Care to explain this? What makes you think I'm a candidate for SK?
MBL wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, you'd think White as SK would be trying to get scum lynched, and he can't actually think I'm a real likely suspect for that. That might bump him below TCS on the possible SK list. Same with TCS to some extent, which leaves Shteven...
Are you claiming that I am not trying to get rid of scum? This would seem to be a major hole in your argument. MBL's argument basically goes: White, tcs, shteven could be sk. White's scumhunting, tcs is kind of scum hunting, shteven is scumhunting, but since we listed shteven last, after we "to some extent" cleared TCS, let's pin Shteven.

Huh? Or just tell me you don't think I've been effective at scumhunting, I suppose...Or does only voting MBL count as scumhunting? It would be rather ironic if you thought I was the SK because I'm not voting you. The anti-OMGUS[K]...I'm going to have to coin that term now ;)

White: I'm sure you'll get around to it, but what makes you think I'm likely mafia/sk? I'll do my best to answer any concerns, of course. <nudge TCS>

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by Shteven »

White: You list TCS/Myself as top two for mafia. Do you really think I'd be trying to bus my partner at this stage of the game? Especially when I'm far from being cleared myself. Or are we just likely to be mafia ourselves and not linked? It would be odd if we're the two most likely mafia and cannot both be on the same team.

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by Shteven »

Yosarian2 wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:If any of you have the time to read through those SK comments I posted for everyone, I'd love your thoughts on which one or two seem least sincere, with your explanations. One of those people is taking about themselves as they talk about the SK--it's a direct challenge to each of you to identify one or two prospective SKs out of the bunch.
Well, just going by gut here, but from that collecton on quotes you put together, I'd say that, other then you, the most likely SK candidates are probably Yogurt, TCS, or Shteven. I find it a bit wierd that none of your suspects here responded to your list at all; any of you guys feel like he's misrepresenting you here or anything?
Context is always useful, but I don't think that anything in my quotes is misrepresented. Sometimes it can be confusing who "you" is, but it's pretty clear for my quotes.

To summarize them, I basically said:

I know I'm town.
The SK may be laying low early on.
YB, despite being pretty active, could be an SK. I was much more interested in YB if guardian was scum, but guardian being town nullified this somewhat.
I thought guardian had a good chance of being SK (oops!).
TCS could be the SK but I think he's mafia more.

I stand by all of these still; of course I was wrong about guardian, but my comments at the time were reasonable.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:24 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

In the quest for scum, you want to know who's voting for who. I already pointed out that many of you wasted time on Guardian. Particularly BM, who was voting Guardian 95% of this game. But we're down to 10, and three of you are scum. Here's who's been voting who in this final ten:

TCS on BM, Glork, Shteven, YB, MBL
YB on TCS, Glork, Jack
inHim on TCS, YB
Shteven on Glork, TCS
Yos on inHim
Jack(White) on Shteven, inHim, Kinetic, MBL
Billy on YB, Shteven, Kinetic
Glork on Shteven, MBL
BM(Kinetic) on YB, MBL

First glance:
TCS, Jack casting very wide nets.
TCS, Jack, Glork voted both MBL+Shteven.
Billy, inHim making low-key votes.
Yos not finding many living people voteworthy.
BM making the easy votes all game long.

No one's been voting BillyTwilight, Yos.
Only YB on Jack.
inHim, Shteven on TCS
Yos Jack on inHim
Shteven TCS YB on Glork.
TCS Jack Billy on BM
TCS, inHim, Billy, BM on YB.
Jack, TCS, BM, Glork on MBL.
Jack, TCS, Billy, Glork on Shteven.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Shteven »

MrBuddyLee wrote: ....
Shteven on Glork, TCS
TCS, Jack, Glork voted both MBL+Shteven.
This is not a coincidence. I've felt that the two of them have been working together for some time.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Shteven wrote:Care to explain this? What makes you think I'm a candidate for SK?
Mostly because of the way you not-so-subtly pointed everyone to the framing of me that's going on:
Shteven wrote:there's a chance she may have been onto the SK, since the SK had her killed. This will be a bit of a stretch, though may be interesting.

She first gave a long list of people who could be the SK, but followed it up with a pretty long post detailing a case for MBL being the SK.
To your other point, I had White and TCS as my top two suspects for SK, but in looking at their actions I had to be fair and point out that I'd expect them to be going after scum, not someone no one thinks is scum. And since you're going after scum, that would make you fit the profile better than them. But I'm not putting a ton of stock in that, just had to point it out.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”