The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:31 am

Post by vollkan »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #23

tyhess[3](ac1983fan, Flameaxe, Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin[2](White, tyhess)
ac1983fan[1](theopor_COD)
theopor_COD[1](vollkan)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
White[1](Oman)

Not Voting[3](curiouskarmadog, pwayne66, Trojan Horse)

---

Recall that a
majority of voting players
is needed for a lynch to occur at deadline. You have a little less than a week... I will consider extending deadline if there is a high demand for it, only because ac1983fan and possibly Dr. BS need replacement.

Oman wrote: It might be a little early to start asking this but re:deadline..

Semi-baseless Lynch or No lynch
I'm always inclined to favour lynch over no lynch, though I think that we really need to significantly increase the amount of discussion going on so that we at least make as sensible a decision as possible.

I would not want a lynch right at this very minute, but I think with a renewal of discussion we can make a choice with some amount of reasoning.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Oman »

yeah, I always go for lynch (the game is based around odd/even cycles so nolynch only helps on doc protect).

Where is Doctor BS?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:52 am

Post by pwayne66 »

pwayne, I'm still willing to answer any questions that you have that haven't been answered. I said this before, but it probably got lost in the jumble of arguments that have been flying back and forth. Just letting you know.
MoS, I can't find the question. I remember being asked about what questions you hadn't answered, but I answered that. Could you ask again?
This is why I shouldn't post in th mornings... I did ask the questions again. I imagine they got lost as I had a meltdown immediatly after... I'll find them and repost.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:33 am

Post by pwayne66 »

The first question was the disputed Oman question about your "Flame axe and theo seem protown" statements. You say that you answered this question and I have no desire to rehash this really.

This was my original point of contention with you. It seemed to me that your counter attack on Oman was a deliberate attempt to avoid answering the question. I wasn't so concerned with the question itself, only the subsequent reactions.

I posted this(243) in an effort to highlight that your answer and actions seemed evasive:
It seems that:

1) MoS posts defending FlameAxe and Theo
2) Oman calls him out for it
3) MoS and Vollkan beat the hell out of him over semantical issues.
4) Lost in the dust is any answers from MoS on how he reconciles Flameaxes' actions against the Doc. Lost is his answers about how posting content clears Theo.
5) MoS doesn't bother reading other's viewpoints as they might influence him
6) This is AOK with Volkan.

Am I missing something?
(I know, a direct question or statement would have worked better)

In the end, your responce to the accusations that you didn't answer the question was that you did, but Oman didn't like the answer. I looked and I couldn't find an answer that satisfied me either. So..

In post 251, I posted this:
As an IC, do you think the town ought to take to accepting "x feels protown" , "I think x is geniune" and "scum wouldn't do x" as reasonable statements that should be accepted without question?
This was never answered either.

I think that everything following this exchange has been me believing that you are increasingly fiendish.

Also I, believed that your actions against Oman were unjust and evasive and your subsequent behavior indicated that you thought you were above what I took as common scrutiny.

I am coming to believe that this may just be the result of onflicting play styles and misunderstandings.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Guardian »

Kakeng replaces ac1983fan (who requested replacement). Welcome him!

Dr. Blackstrike has been prodded and has failed to pick up his prod, I will begin searching for a replacement for him shortly...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:10 am

Post by pwayne66 »

welcome Kakeng. thanks for replacing. Enjoy the read...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

pwayne66 wrote:The first question was the disputed Oman question about your "Flame axe and theo seem protown" statements. You say that you answered this question and I have no desire to rehash this really.

This was my original point of contention with you. It seemed to me that your counter attack on Oman was a deliberate attempt to avoid answering the question. I wasn't so concerned with the question itself, only the subsequent reactions.

I posted this(243) in an effort to highlight that your answer and actions seemed evasive:
It seems that:

1) MoS posts defending FlameAxe and Theo
2) Oman calls him out for it
3) MoS and Vollkan beat the hell out of him over semantical issues.
4) Lost in the dust is any answers from MoS on how he reconciles Flameaxes' actions against the Doc. Lost is his answers about how posting content clears Theo.
5) MoS doesn't bother reading other's viewpoints as they might influence him
6) This is AOK with Volkan.

Am I missing something?
(I know, a direct question or statement would have worked better)

In the end, your responce to the accusations that you didn't answer the question was that you did, but Oman didn't like the answer. I looked and I couldn't find an answer that satisfied me either. So..

In post 251, I posted this:
As an IC, do you think the town ought to take to accepting "x feels protown" , "I think x is geniune" and "scum wouldn't do x" as reasonable statements that should be accepted without question?
No. I could make a long-winded answer about specific cases and stuff, but let's just talk generally. The answer is no.
This was never answered either.

I think that everything following this exchange has been me believing that you are increasingly fiendish.

Also I, believed that your actions against Oman were unjust and evasive and your subsequent behavior indicated that you thought you were above what I took as common scrutiny.

I am coming to believe that this may just be the result of conflicting play styles and misunderstandings.
A little of both. First, I was trying to stir up the game with a little obstinance, but that got out of control. Mainly, though, I wanted to put some pressure on Oman, who had been pretty much clear of pressure at that point, from what I remember. Basically, I wanted to make sure that he could back up his statements with actual reasoning. He made conjectures towards me being scum with Flameaxe and Theo, so I wanted to see how deeply he felt this was a possibility. It's all fine and well if he thinks it's possible, cuz anything is possible as far as I'm concerned, other than me being scum, of course. But that's because I know my role. Anyway, that's all good, but I wanted to see how far he would commit, so that I could hold him to it later. He didn't want to commit very deeply at all, and he bucked at the pressure I put on him. That was just another note to add to the pile, so I think it was a productive endevour. It's not like I expect the scum to always say the obviously wrong things, you know. Oman questioning me on my statements was correct, but no one else called me on it, either. My statements weren't that big a deal. I wanted to see if Oman was just pointing out small things to get brownie points for being an attentive townie. It's all part of getting reactions from people.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:02 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Oman wrote:yeah, I always go for lynch (the game is based around odd/even cycles so nolynch only helps on doc protect).

Where is Doctor BS?
then why ask us if we lynch or no lynch? (if you always go for a lynch?)

Guardian wrote:Kakeng replaces ac1983fan (who requested replacement). Welcome him!

Dr. Blackstrike has been prodded and has failed to pick up his prod, I will begin searching for a replacement for him shortly...
Welcome Kakeng, you post anything it will be an improvement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:52 am

Post by White »

Hmm. I'm unsettled on MoS currently but i'm not sure I can really point to anything and say "Here! This makes you look like scum" or "Btw MoS, you didn't answer this and i'm still waiting". I guess it's more of a general aggitation as I really can't see how he's been helpful or done anything other than distract the rest of us from hunting scum (if he's town).

I guess for now i'll
unvote: MoS
but if he starts being worthless again that vote is going back on him.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Kakeng »

Unvote

Hi. I'm the replacement.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Oman »

CKD wrote:then why ask us if we lynch or no lynch? (if you always go for a lynch?)
Because I wanted the rest of the town's perspective (which I still haven't got). I do not personally control voting, so I can't really swing it one way or the other myself alone.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:12 am

Post by White »

To answer your question, i'd prefer a best guess lynch over a no lynch.

Welcome Kakeng.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Definitely, we need to give it a shot and lynch someone. A no lynch is bad news.

More meaningful thoughts to come tonight.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 am

Post by pwayne66 »

No. We need a lynch today.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:53 pm

I was doing a Tyhess analysis, but I have a test to study for. It'll have to wait. I'm still wanting a deadline extension.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Mod, please extend deadline. Thanks even if it's just a couple of days.

Rest of you apologies for my awful activity this last week, it's been the same in all my games and the ones I'm modding. This week should be miles better, I'm catching up and will redo my scumlist.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Oman wrote:
CKD wrote:then why ask us if we lynch or no lynch? (if you always go for a lynch?)
Because I wanted the rest of the town's perspective (which I still haven't got). I do not personally control voting, so I can't really swing it one way or the other myself alone.
my two cents, a lynch is almost always better than a no lynch...especially while there is a chance we can hit the cult leader Day 1 before they increase their numbers
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Trojan Horse wrote:Definitely, we need to give it a shot and lynch someone. A no lynch is bad news.

More meaningful thoughts to come tonight.
dont lie to me now.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Perhaps I should have said "An attempt at more meaningful thoughts" to come tonight. Cause I looked over the posts since I made my last major post, looking for more things to go on... and I didn't find much.

I am glad Flameaxe is back, and that he had a legitimate reason for his absence. And I'm DEFINITELY glad acfan finally got replaced. Two more minds will help solve this problem (I hope).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that nearly everyone has been accused of possibly being scum for one reason or another. Either because of absence (acfan, Flameaxe, Dr. Blackstrike) or extreme newbishness (tyhess) or of trying to lead the conversation too much (vollkan, White), or for some other reason. But one person seems to have avoided all suspicion for any reason: curiouskarmadog. My point? Well, uh... not sure I have one, but... uh... just seemed strange I couldn't find anything against him... uh...

Okay, I guess I lied. This was definitely not meaningful. Sorry.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

It seemed that MoS wanted to say something about CKD @ one point. I don't have much of a read on him myself. I plan on a reread (leaving out anything that me, white or MoS has said for the last 10 pages) and then I will post an updated listing.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:59 pm

An extension to next Friday would be nice. I think we're getting pretty good activity now, but it's really dumb to have a lynch rushed when we're finally getting back on track with out discussion instead of just talking about me all the time.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by Oman »

CKD is a wildcard to me too. I wouldn't lynch on it now, but there is little read.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mos wrote: An extension to next Friday would be nice. I think we're getting pretty good activity now, but it's really dumb to have a lynch rushed when we're finally getting back on track with out discussion instead of just talking about me all the time.
For what it's worth, I would like an extension also.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Oman »

vollkan wrote:
Mos wrote: An extension to next Friday would be nice. I think we're getting pretty good activity now, but it's really dumb to have a lynch rushed when we're finally getting back on track with out discussion instead of just talking about me all the time.
For what it's worth, I would like an extension also.
Yeah, if it has any bearing put me down.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:31 am

I am always for longer days (as long as it is not for the sake of being long)...I think we have a replacement we need to hear from. I hope that "hi, I am a replacement" will not be the extent of what we hear Day 1. Also do not like Dr. BS's last post, but I think he might be replaced too...we should at least hear from the replacement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”