⭐ Blitz 20 — How To Be Normal [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Marquis »

[this will no longer be a VC as the new page was reached before editing]
Last edited by Marquis on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
link in bio
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

In post 198, Almost50 wrote:Are you scum reading her?

I guess you could say that, I see 2 naked readlists, and thats about it. Everything else was about the dayvig or their meta

2 naked readlists with no reasoning is nothing to have a strong townread over, and I dont see why you think otherwise.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 201, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:2 naked readlists with no reasoning is nothing to have a strong townread over, and I dont see why you think otherwise.

Fair enough, I guess. I do understand how you feel bc that's how it felt -more or less so- in my previous game with her.

Then again, that is not a good enough case to convince anyone to vote her, is it? I mean, if it only goes down to gut feeling and/or not liking her posting style then we will have to agree to disagree.

Here's why (but it's not directly related to this game, hence the spoiler)
Spoiler:
I have only 2 completed games on this site. At first I found it very odd and somewhat irritating for someone to give naked reads or -even worse- place a naked vote. However, I can give you a list of players who consistently do that on this site, and it was acquired through just 2 games. SnarkySnowman, RadiantCowbells, GoodMorning, Wednesday, Ranger are just some of them. Now with the exception of Wednesday -who was a 3rd party yet "sort of" town aligned- all other 4 flipped town. RC was on both games and was town on both. That's how my view of such behaviour changed from considering it scummy on its own to a null tell in general. However, if any of those fore-mentioned does it and there's nothing else in their play that would make me suspicious I get to town read them bc that's their meta. Now I have yet to play with someone who does this who flipped scum or a potentially harmful 3rd party.

I hope this makes sense. 5 players, 6 occasions, all play the obscure/cryptic way, and all town aligned vs none playing this way and flipping scum.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 pm

In post 202, Almost50 wrote:
In post 201, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:2 naked readlists with no reasoning is nothing to have a strong townread over, and I dont see why you think otherwise.

Fair enough, I guess. I do understand how you feel bc that's how it felt -more or less so- in my previous game with her.

Then again, that is not a good enough case to convince anyone to vote her, is it? I mean, if it only goes down to gut feeling and/or not liking her posting style then we will have to agree to disagree.

Here's why (but it's not directly related to this game, hence the spoiler)
Spoiler:
I have only 2 completed games on this site. At first I found it very odd and somewhat irritating for someone to give naked reads or -even worse- place a naked vote. However, I can give you a list of players who consistently do that on this site, and it was acquired through just 2 games. SnarkySnowman, RadiantCowbells, GoodMorning, Wednesday, Ranger are just some of them. Now with the exception of Wednesday -who was a 3rd party yet "sort of" town aligned- all other 4 flipped town. RC was on both games and was town on both. That's how my view of such behaviour changed from considering it scummy on its own to a null tell in general. However, if any of those fore-mentioned does it and there's nothing else in their play that would make me suspicious I get to town read them bc that's their meta. Now I have yet to play with someone who does this who flipped scum or a potentially harmful 3rd party.

I hope this makes sense. 5 players, 6 occasions, all play the obscure/cryptic way, and all town aligned vs none playing this way and flipping scum.

From what I understand, you read ranger as town because they post naked read lists as town. So you are trying to tell me doing something scummy is a town move? They are easy to fake (and they make it look like their doing something productive, which they arent, they are actually just posting names.)
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:02 pm

the most credit I would give them is null, I wouldent call them town because I see nothing townie or even very related to the game tbh.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. so let's just say "null leaning town" for me, "null leaning scum" for you, and pending more posts from her on both cases. Does this work for you?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Marquis »

REPLACEMENT.

Nosferatu
replaces KTthecreeper. (This was originally their slot. Thanks for coming back to us!)

On mobile and will update VC/first post when home in an hour or two.
link in bio
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:02 pm

In post 205, Almost50 wrote:OK.. so let's just say "null leaning town" for me, "null leaning scum" for you, and pending more posts from her on both cases. Does this work for you?

its not null leaning scum tbh, its just straight up scum. They contributed nothing through 8+ pages. Gonna place my vote as clearly im not putting my vote anywhere else.

VOTE: Ranger

post something helpful to finding scum, naked read lists that dont explain anything arent helpful.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

yo, reading up
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 72, Ranger wrote:{3dice, RadiantCowbells}
{Almost50, TheBuldge, pisskop}
{droog, Spiffeh}
{davesaz, KTthecreeper}
{Some Random Mafia Player, Xtoxm}
{GuiltyLion}

why

In post 101, 3dicerolling wrote:I think I have reached the correct conclusion here.

So we have 3 factions in this game. Mafia is unable to shoot at RC because mafia dayvig isn't normal.

That leaves town and sk. RC claimed PGO, so if you consider that, a town player has absolutely no reason to vig RC. If they do, they not only risk hitting town, but they risk getting themselves killed.

That leaves only sk. What I think about the sk is this: If they have bulletproof, then it makes sense that they might take the shot at RC, since it would mean no harm to them. RC is also a strong player in general.

This leads me to believe the sk has at least one dayvig shot, and has bulletproof.

sk dayvig isn't normal either. Bulletproof doesn't make sense because PGO only activates at night.
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:@3dicerolling: That's some perfect analysis and conclusion. I very much like you vote target too. Here's your reward:

VOTE: 3dicerolling

My "skewed manner of thought" was an obvious joke, but it obviously did harvest something. Now you can go on and call it OMGUS or whatever, but I can't see one reason for you to vote me except me "jokingly" pointing a finger at you and -inadvertently- hitting the bull's eye.

buddiying person who states obviously wrong information
In post 120, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:Also, why are we assuming it was a SK vig? Are those normal either?

questioning wrong information. Either actually is unsure or sees this information and wants to lowkey discredit.

VOTE: Almost50
FoS: srmp

not done making comments on everything, but I've skimmed through.
last.fm
gtkas
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 pm

In post 209, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 72, Ranger wrote:{3dice, RadiantCowbells}
{Almost50, TheBuldge, pisskop}
{droog, Spiffeh}
{davesaz, KTthecreeper}
{Some Random Mafia Player, Xtoxm}
{GuiltyLion}

why

In post 101, 3dicerolling wrote:I think I have reached the correct conclusion here.

So we have 3 factions in this game. Mafia is unable to shoot at RC because mafia dayvig isn't normal.

That leaves town and sk. RC claimed PGO, so if you consider that, a town player has absolutely no reason to vig RC. If they do, they not only risk hitting town, but they risk getting themselves killed.

That leaves only sk. What I think about the sk is this: If they have bulletproof, then it makes sense that they might take the shot at RC, since it would mean no harm to them. RC is also a strong player in general.

This leads me to believe the sk has at least one dayvig shot, and has bulletproof.

sk dayvig isn't normal either. Bulletproof doesn't make sense because PGO only activates at night.
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:@3dicerolling: That's some perfect analysis and conclusion. I very much like you vote target too. Here's your reward:

VOTE: 3dicerolling

My "skewed manner of thought" was an obvious joke, but it obviously did harvest something. Now you can go on and call it OMGUS or whatever, but I can't see one reason for you to vote me except me "jokingly" pointing a finger at you and -inadvertently- hitting the bull's eye.

buddiying person who states obviously wrong information
In post 120, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:Also, why are we assuming it was a SK vig? Are those normal either?

questioning wrong information. Either actually is unsure or sees this information and wants to lowkey discredit.

VOTE: Almost50
FoS: srmp

not done making comments on everything, but I've skimmed through.

im actually unsure, its not stated anywhere if sk dayvig is normal or not. Besides, I have been here 2 weeks, I wouldent know how to figure it out yet.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Marquis »

Three players are going to be prodded if they don't post in 20 minutes. Pick it up, please :frowny:
link in bio
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by pisskop »

Radiant Cowbells
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

In post 212, pisskop wrote:
Radiant Cowbells

>you knew they werent in the game

FoS pisskop

I have no reason why to vote for the dead confirmed player (who you knew was dead) but im gonna be safe and assume its a scum move.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 176, Xtoxm wrote:
Spoiler: worthless stuff I really didn't need to read
Pretty surprised at scum reads on me but it seems universal so okay I guess, must have made a bad impression.

pisskop i'm not sure what you want addressed but here goes. You mentioned it was opportunistic. This was because it was the 3rd vote? I actually didn't realise you had picked up 2 RVS votes. The statement itself - that you usually have a bigger impact - Well, most (possibly all) your games with me you have replaced in at a developed stage and immediately started spamming. I was aware of the difference, however that game was fairly stalled for a Blitz so I was just picking on something minor, mainly for reactions to help me get some reads and get the game moving. I guess it was successful in that respect, just not the way I had intended.

Spiffeh's concern:

In post 67, Spiffeh wrote:Like the way he's emphasizing that it's a serious vote makes me think he wants everyone to know that he's contributing.

The emphasis was for pisskop to know it was serious and see if he reacted in a town way. By the time I made I didn't feel pisskop had notably towned so I left it on. Since then, notably his reaction to the death, I actually do find pisskop town.

VOTE: unvote

Coming to the death, I think the bulletproof day-SK theory is the most likely. If it's a day-vig scum power in addition to a night kill ability then it's almost certainly a 1-shot thing and it would be a reckless waste to use such a power so early. pisskop you mentioned me using it as a distraction - I have more confidence in my play than that. And it clearly isn't an effective 'distraction' as my wagon has grown since it happened. I think it's more than safe to assume scum of some sort caused the death though, if it does turn out to have been a town day vig i'll be furious.
you think it's plausible but didn't bother to read the normal guidelines?

Reads.

Ranger - I have a mild scumread here. I feel she has been lot more chatty about things not related to scumhunting. She has posted a couple name lists, which is really easy to fake and on it's own does little for me. She has been very chatty about setup discussion, and made a fairly detailed response when I asked about other games, but has done very little in the way of actual scumhunting for the amount of posing she's done. I've not had a chance to look at the scumgames yet but i'm not expecting that to have a major impact on my read at this point in the game.

GuiltyLion i'm initially liking for town due to and this comment:
In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:Xtoxm wagon is better but I also feel like Xtoxm would have stronger scumplay than this

As the votes on my wagon go, Spiff and pisskop's feel like genuine scumreading. Droog and SRMP's don't strike me in the same way, and I think the reasoning SRMP gives for a 4th vote on my wagon is really poor.

In all, this is where i'm at:

Town reads (most of them mild)
GuiltyLion
davesaz
3dice
Spiffeh
pisskop

Not town reads
Some Random Mafia Player
droog
The Bulge
KTthecreeper
Almost50
Ranger

None of those lists are in any kind of order.

I can expand on any of the reads if people want.
go ahead an explain all of them. And give an introspective read on yourself. Be brief with everything except the last one.

comments in blue.

pedit: oh yeah, believe me, I noticed.
last.fm
gtkas
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 213, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:I have no reason why to vote for the dead confirmed player (who you knew was dead) but im gonna be safe and assume its a scum move.

this is terrible

"I don't know why you did this, therefore it's scum"

pisskop's post wasn't even a vote for RadiantCowbells
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:32 pm

In post 215, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 213, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:I have no reason why to vote for the dead confirmed player (who you knew was dead) but im gonna be safe and assume its a scum move.

this is terrible

I took it as one, because it was bolded, and IDK what to assume, what was it?
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:33 pm

In post 214, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 176, Xtoxm wrote:
Spoiler: worthless stuff I really didn't need to read
Pretty surprised at scum reads on me but it seems universal so okay I guess, must have made a bad impression.

pisskop i'm not sure what you want addressed but here goes. You mentioned it was opportunistic. This was because it was the 3rd vote? I actually didn't realise you had picked up 2 RVS votes. The statement itself - that you usually have a bigger impact - Well, most (possibly all) your games with me you have replaced in at a developed stage and immediately started spamming. I was aware of the difference, however that game was fairly stalled for a Blitz so I was just picking on something minor, mainly for reactions to help me get some reads and get the game moving. I guess it was successful in that respect, just not the way I had intended.

Spiffeh's concern:

In post 67, Spiffeh wrote:Like the way he's emphasizing that it's a serious vote makes me think he wants everyone to know that he's contributing.

The emphasis was for pisskop to know it was serious and see if he reacted in a town way. By the time I made I didn't feel pisskop had notably towned so I left it on. Since then, notably his reaction to the death, I actually do find pisskop town.

VOTE: unvote

Coming to the death, I think the bulletproof day-SK theory is the most likely. If it's a day-vig scum power in addition to a night kill ability then it's almost certainly a 1-shot thing and it would be a reckless waste to use such a power so early. pisskop you mentioned me using it as a distraction - I have more confidence in my play than that. And it clearly isn't an effective 'distraction' as my wagon has grown since it happened. I think it's more than safe to assume scum of some sort caused the death though, if it does turn out to have been a town day vig i'll be furious.
you think it's plausible but didn't bother to read the normal guidelines?

Reads.

Ranger - I have a mild scumread here. I feel she has been lot more chatty about things not related to scumhunting. She has posted a couple name lists, which is really easy to fake and on it's own does little for me. She has been very chatty about setup discussion, and made a fairly detailed response when I asked about other games, but has done very little in the way of actual scumhunting for the amount of posing she's done. I've not had a chance to look at the scumgames yet but i'm not expecting that to have a major impact on my read at this point in the game.

GuiltyLion i'm initially liking for town due to and this comment:
In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:Xtoxm wagon is better but I also feel like Xtoxm would have stronger scumplay than this

As the votes on my wagon go, Spiff and pisskop's feel like genuine scumreading. Droog and SRMP's don't strike me in the same way, and I think the reasoning SRMP gives for a 4th vote on my wagon is really poor.

In all, this is where i'm at:

Town reads (most of them mild)
GuiltyLion
davesaz
3dice
Spiffeh
pisskop

Not town reads
Some Random Mafia Player
droog
The Bulge
KTthecreeper
Almost50
Ranger

None of those lists are in any kind of order.

I can expand on any of the reads if people want.
go ahead an explain all of them. And give an introspective read on yourself. Be brief with everything except the last one.

comments in blue.

pedit: oh yeah, believe me, I noticed.

tbh if your gonna question Xtoxm on naked reads, ranger and 3dice did the same thing 5 pages earlier than him.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:36 pm

In post 215, GuiltyLion wrote:

this is terrible

eh, probably should have asked him what he was doing, jumped to conclusions too quickly

and tbh, if I dont know the motive for it, why should I assume it was a town motive when it may have (somehow) helped advance his scum agenda?

pisskop wtf were you doing.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

since some people might actually ask me how I know sk dayvig isn't normal:
[quote=mafiascum wiki]Roles which are explicitly Normal for Serial Killer only include:
Serial Killer, Investigation-Immune, Ninja, Strongman, any roles listed as "for any alignment"[/quote]
>but nos, it says "any roles listed as 'for any alignment'"
you'd still be wrong, because when you check roles listed as "for any alignment":
[quote=mafiascum wiki]Roles which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Bodyguard, Commuter, Sane Cop, Doctor, Follower, Gunsmith, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Motion Detector, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper, Tracker, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Voyeur, Watcher[/quote]
notice the lack of a vigilante in this list.

pedit: protip: when you don't know the motive behind something, you ask.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 219, Nosferatu wrote:since some people might actually ask me how I know sk dayvig isn't normal:
mafiascum wiki wrote:Roles which are explicitly Normal for Serial Killer only include:
Serial Killer, Investigation-Immune, Ninja, Strongman, any roles listed as "for any alignment"

you'd still be wrong, because when you check roles listed as "for any alignment":
mafiascum wiki wrote:Roles which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Bodyguard, Commuter, Sane Cop, Doctor, Follower, Gunsmith, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Motion Detector, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper, Tracker, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Voyeur, Watcher

fixed tags
last.fm
gtkas
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:40 pm

In post 219, Nosferatu wrote:since some people might actually ask me how I know sk dayvig isn't normal:
mafiascum wiki wrote:Roles which are explicitly Normal for Serial Killer only include:
Serial Killer, Investigation-Immune, Ninja, Strongman, any roles listed as "for any alignment"

mafiascum wiki wrote:Roles which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Bodyguard, Commuter, Sane Cop, Doctor, Follower, Gunsmith, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Motion Detector, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper, Tracker, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Voyeur, Watcher

I honestly never checked what roles were normal, as I never needed to know that until now.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:40 pm

I blame formatting error, you can probably figure out what was already there and what I just wrote.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't know what to make of Almost50 defending his townread on Ranger

It's not at all a valid reason to townread someone but when reading his posts I get the sense that he genuinely believes in it.

I can't tell if that's because he knows she's town or because he's a newbie. I would like Ranger's thoughts if she has them.

Meanwhile, my scumvibes are back on SRMP, especially given how he's hedging immediately on his throwing shade on pisskop. I just don't feel like he's genuinely trying to solve the game. His accusations are always on the basis of people not posting or not being helpful, as opposed to doing something that legitimately appears scum-motivated.

And I also think voting a player who was replaced () is more likely to come from scum trying to find a comfortable spot to vote rather than a town player keeping tabs on players in the game. Although I'm a bit hesitant because I would expect cautious scum to catch that mistake before they post.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by pisskop »

wow.

Just wow.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”