The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:32 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

I've played third party once, off site. SK, almost won, had the damn scum team nailed but they realized who I was at the last minute and flipped a lynch on a townie onto me instead. :P

Why do you ask?

-Cerb
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4650, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I've played third party once, off site. SK, almost won, had the damn scum team nailed but they realized who I was at the last minute and flipped a lynch on a townie onto me instead. :P

Why do you ask?

-Cerb

Yeah, therein lies your problem. It's a slight misunderstanding of how 3P, particularly 3P killing, works. Most of the time (in my experience, which is pretty extensive in Mafia theory, just not people theory), they are working just as hard, if not harder to find Mafia, unless they are bulletproof. It's much easier to avoid a lynch than a NK for most.

So, unless you think he's BP (which doesn't match his current play style), Max should not be today's lynch. To be honest, I'd always leave 3P for LyLo, in hopes that they get scum along the way.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Sensei »

No you lynch 3P because it's not Town silly.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Sensei »

So no, you weren't missing anything, most of my thoughts on Lowkey weren't in thread. It was something to pursue for D2, but now is the appropriate time to voice it given the circumstances.

Agreed.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Sensei »

Cooldog claims first. Being the guy who wanted to massclaim and all. LOL
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 4538, Rylai and Lina wrote:I saw weird things Mollie. Town can lie about very odd things. ABR had reasons to lie before. those lies won't make him scum

In post 4274, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Actually there is a very good point to be made on DGB-scum
And I'll be back on it later. ZZZX's push may be better than it seems.

I like a DGB lynch as well

There is no way we are lynching DGB today. She is very town here.

I could join a ZXXX lynch today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

"One is not born, but rather, becomes a mystic"
-Asellus,
Fascinaturu

VOTECOUNT 1.33

MaxwellPuckett (9):
Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, CooLDoG, Gale Wing Srock, Fluminator, Rylai and Lina, ErrantParabola, ZZZX, DrippingGoofball
CooLDoG (7):
DiamondSentinel, Drunken Pirates, Skybird, Itlepip, Drixx, Zulfy, Klingoncelt
Sensei (1):
BIT
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Itlepip (1):
MaxwellPuckett

Not Voting (3):
Lowkey, Sensei, The Cool Cucumbers

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-25 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
Sensei (11):
Itlepip, Drunken Pirates, Zulfy, Diamond Sentinel, ZZZX, CooLDoG, Yosarian2, MaxwellPuckett, Klingoncelt, Drixx, Skybird
Albert B. Rampage (7):
Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator, Lowkey, The Cool Cucumbers, Rylai and Lina, Gale Wing Srock
Lowkey (1):
Errantparabola

I've noticed some people have been citing flavor from various wiki pages and other sources.
The online info for this game is not very good and sometimes completely inaccurate.
If you've got a flavor question, just ask me.
The flavor isn't game-able anyway. Expect characters who are end-game bosses to be town and protagonists to be scum.
For instance, not all mystics are 'evil', but they definitely are magical vampires. Asellus herself can become 'evil' or 'good'.
Also, I'm pretty sure there's no wiki page for Rastaban or Ciato or even Lion Princess. :P
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, all caught up. Cool, looks like we might actually pull off the double lynch after all.

I do kind of have a gut feeling that cooldog is going to flip town, but I can't logically back that up at all, so, meh. He's not a terrible lynch, at least not if we get a double lynch off.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am

In post 4652, Sensei wrote:No you lynch 3P because it's not Town silly.

If you weren't essentially confirmed town I'd want you lynched right now.

This third party thing is HUGE is normal games. In fact, there's a whole thread on it. (I read a bit on here) It applies here pretty well, but not exactly. Basically, everyone knows that Mafia can win over 3rd Party just based on sheer numbers, so SK would claim. Town wouldn't lynch them, and would instead look for Mafia. Informed Minority beats Independent Singularity (I assume that's what it'd be called) in almost anything except 1v1.

So, unless you just didn't know, this sentiment is STRICTLY anti-town.

How's that for genuine, indisputable logic?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:51 am

Of course, the weakness here is that 3rd party shouldn't claim, as Mafia likely has some super powerful roles that are unforeseen.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 am

But regardless, 3rd Party should not be at the top of our priorities, unless it's a delayed or mass killer, like Arsonist or [insert one that goes on a rampage in people's houses]. I think the last is called mass murderer or psychopath or something like it.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Sensei »

Well yes you can leash SKs for example depending on your position. So it can be situational sure.
But they need to die eventually for town to win, most of the time, was my point.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 am

In post 4661, Sensei wrote:Well yes you can leash SKs for example depending on your position. So it can be situational sure.
But they need to die eventually for town to win, most of the time, was my point.

And my point is that now is definitely not that time.
“Why was I chosen?'
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 4658, DiamondSentinel wrote:

This third party thing is HUGE is normal games. In fact, there's a whole thread on it. (I read a bit on here) It applies here pretty well, but not exactly. Basically, everyone knows that Mafia can win over 3rd Party just based on sheer numbers, so SK would claim. Town wouldn't lynch them, and would instead look for Mafia. Informed Minority beats Independent Singularity (I assume that's what it'd be called) in almost anything except 1v1.

which thread in md did you read on this site about indie (you pple call them 3rdP)?

cos this site HATES indies andwill lynch them every time so I am wondering the fuck you are getting this from?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:00 pm

In post 4663, Drunken Pirates wrote:

which thread in md did you read on this site about indie (you pple call them 3rdP)?

cos this site HATES indies andwill lynch them every time so I am wondering the fuck you are getting this from?

It's linked on the pinned list. I don't care to link it, but this one is undeniably there.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Sensei »

Now would be a better time to lynch a third party killing role (for example) than later. If we're talking about this game - because town isn't behind really and don't need to rely on the help or have a need to risk for more not-town-controlled kills.
Later on if we haven't hit scum in like 9 days is when people are more likely to be like 'fuck it' and just roll the dice and try and let them kill scum.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Ok, admittedly, it's from 2005, when the forum was super new. But still. It's there.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=2407

Pinned list: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9791
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:03 pm

In post 4665, Sensei wrote:Now would be a better time to lynch a third party killing role (for example) than later. If we're talking about this game - because town isn't behind really and don't need to rely on the help or have a need to risk for more not-town-controlled kills.
Later on if we haven't hit scum in like 9 days is when people are more likely to be like 'fuck it' and just roll the dice and try and let them kill scum.

We haven't seen a flip. So you don't know if we're behind.

I can totally see how others were scum reading you earlier.
“Why was I chosen?'
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

This is pretty terrible mafia theory, all around. I could explain why, but before we go down another random sidetrack, can someone explain to me why we're talking about serial killers now? Seems like a bizzare thing to bring up in this context.

Unrelated note, the Blizzard Of The CEeeeennnntuuurrrryy is about to hit us in a little less then an about an hour, and our power company has already called and warned us to "be prepared for a power outage", so. If I suddenly stop posting that's probably why; and if it does happen I might not have power for days.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Sensei »

...I'm assuming the game is balanced and we've only had one person die and it's day 1.
Nobody is behind atm.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:08 pm

In post 4664, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4663, Drunken Pirates wrote:

It's linked on the pinned list. I don't care to link it, but this one is undeniably there.

where?
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Zulfy »

TODO: Check Fluminator
TODO: Check Yosarian
TODO: Check KlingonCelt

I will probably do the above things
no investigation no right to speak
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:12 pm

@DP check the post below. Linked it.
“Why was I chosen?'
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 pm

max has 9 votes and kewldog has 7

like really. some1 needs to jump off of the convenient max wagon and vote kewldog in order to keep the wagons balanced. or better yet those who are on neither need to vote.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Sensei »

The fact all of max's seats filled up first might mean something.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”