⭐ Blitz 20 — How To Be Normal [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Marquis »

DAY 1. VOTECOUNT 07.

eight. indefinitely postpone game flavor with a short blurb like this

(0)
Ranger

»
(4)
Xtoxm
— Spiffeh, pisskop, droog, Some Random Mafia Player
(0)
Some Random Mafia Player

»
(1)
droog
— KTthecreeper
(0)
The Bulge

»
(1)
KTthecreeper
— The Bulge
»
(2)
Almost50
— 3dicerolling, GuiltyLion
(0)
davesaz

(0)
3dicerolling

»
(1)
pisskop
— Xtoxm
»
(1)
GuiltyLion
— Ranger
»
(1)
Spiffeh
— davesaz

(1)
NOT VOTING
— Almost50

With
12 alive
, it takes
7 votes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-01-24 13:00:00)
(Sun Jan 24 @ 1:30:00 PM EST).

NOTES.

davesaz is V/LA from Fri to Sun around 12 PM EST.
link in bio
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Pretty surprised at scum reads on me but it seems universal so okay I guess, must have made a bad impression.

pisskop i'm not sure what you want addressed but here goes. You mentioned it was opportunistic. This was because it was the 3rd vote? I actually didn't realise you had picked up 2 RVS votes. The statement itself - that you usually have a bigger impact - Well, most (possibly all) your games with me you have replaced in at a developed stage and immediately started spamming. I was aware of the difference, however that game was fairly stalled for a Blitz so I was just picking on something minor, mainly for reactions to help me get some reads and get the game moving. I guess it was successful in that respect, just not the way I had intended.

Spiffeh's concern:

In post 67, Spiffeh wrote:Like the way he's emphasizing that it's a serious vote makes me think he wants everyone to know that he's contributing.

The emphasis was for pisskop to know it was serious and see if he reacted in a town way. By the time I made I didn't feel pisskop had notably towned so I left it on. Since then, notably his reaction to the death, I actually do find pisskop town.

VOTE: unvote

Coming to the death, I think the bulletproof day-SK theory is the most likely. If it's a day-vig scum power in addition to a night kill ability then it's almost certainly a 1-shot thing and it would be a reckless waste to use such a power so early. pisskop you mentioned me using it as a distraction - I have more confidence in my play than that. And it clearly isn't an effective 'distraction' as my wagon has grown since it happened. I think it's more than safe to assume scum of some sort caused the death though, if it does turn out to have been a town day vig i'll be furious.

Reads.

Ranger - I have a mild scumread here. I feel she has been lot more chatty about things not related to scumhunting. She has posted a couple name lists, which is really easy to fake and on it's own does little for me. She has been very chatty about setup discussion, and made a fairly detailed response when I asked about other games, but has done very little in the way of actual scumhunting for the amount of posing she's done. I've not had a chance to look at the scumgames yet but i'm not expecting that to have a major impact on my read at this point in the game.

GuiltyLion i'm initially liking for town due to and this comment:
In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:Xtoxm wagon is better but I also feel like Xtoxm would have stronger scumplay than this

As the votes on my wagon go, Spiff and pisskop's feel like genuine scumreading. Droog and SRMP's don't strike me in the same way, and I think the reasoning SRMP gives for a 4th vote on my wagon is really poor.

In all, this is where i'm at:

Town reads (most of them mild)
GuiltyLion
davesaz
3dice
Spiffeh
pisskop

Not town reads
Some Random Mafia Player
droog
The Bulge
KTthecreeper
Almost50
Ranger

None of those lists are in any kind of order.

I can expand on any of the reads if people want.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'd quite like to get a wagon going that isn't me.

I am finding KT really underwhelming, in all of his posts, he has made no attempts to scumhunt and is pushing droog-slot over for replacement.

VOTE: KT
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

In post 176, Xtoxm wrote:Pretty surprised at scum reads on me but it seems universal so okay I guess, must have made a bad impression.

pisskop i'm not sure what you want addressed but here goes. You mentioned it was opportunistic. This was because it was the 3rd vote? I actually didn't realise you had picked up 2 RVS votes. The statement itself - that you usually have a bigger impact - Well, most (possibly all) your games with me you have replaced in at a developed stage and immediately started spamming. I was aware of the difference, however that game was fairly stalled for a Blitz so I was just picking on something minor, mainly for reactions to help me get some reads and get the game moving. I guess it was successful in that respect, just not the way I had intended.

Spiffeh's concern:

In post 67, Spiffeh wrote:Like the way he's emphasizing that it's a serious vote makes me think he wants everyone to know that he's contributing.

The emphasis was for pisskop to know it was serious and see if he reacted in a town way. By the time I made I didn't feel pisskop had notably towned so I left it on. Since then, notably his reaction to the death, I actually do find pisskop town.

VOTE: unvote

Coming to the death, I think the bulletproof day-SK theory is the most likely. If it's a day-vig scum power in addition to a night kill ability then it's almost certainly a 1-shot thing and it would be a reckless waste to use such a power so early. pisskop you mentioned me using it as a distraction - I have more confidence in my play than that. And it clearly isn't an effective 'distraction' as my wagon has grown since it happened. I think it's more than safe to assume scum of some sort caused the death though, if it does turn out to have been a town day vig i'll be furious.

Reads.

Ranger - I have a mild scumread here. I feel she has been lot more chatty about things not related to scumhunting. She has posted a couple name lists, which is really easy to fake and on it's own does little for me. She has been very chatty about setup discussion, and made a fairly detailed response when I asked about other games, but has done very little in the way of actual scumhunting for the amount of posing she's done. I've not had a chance to look at the scumgames yet but i'm not expecting that to have a major impact on my read at this point in the game.

GuiltyLion i'm initially liking for town due to and this comment:
In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:Xtoxm wagon is better but I also feel like Xtoxm would have stronger scumplay than this

As the votes on my wagon go, Spiff and pisskop's feel like genuine scumreading. Droog and SRMP's don't strike me in the same way, and I think the reasoning SRMP gives for a 4th vote on my wagon is really poor.

In all, this is where i'm at:

Town reads (most of them mild)
GuiltyLion
davesaz
3dice
Spiffeh
pisskop

Not town reads
Some Random Mafia Player
droog
The Bulge
KTthecreeper
Almost50
Ranger

None of those lists are in any kind of order.

I can expand on any of the reads if people want.

you do actually know, I was only voting you so you could start talking, and I clearly stated that, why are you trying to say it wasent actual scumhunting and thats scummy when I never voted you for being scummy? My lynch on you never came from scumhunting, it came from your 3 posts all game and im trying to make you decent posts. It worked as you posted this.

UNVOTE: Xtoxm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, at that time of my 3rd post that was about par for the course. No one had really done anything yet. Then I was away from my comp when the actual posting starting. I'm not planning to just lurk and avoid contributing all game. But, ok. Your immediate unvote does seem like a town reaction.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:09 am

In post 107, 3dicerolling wrote:You set up your post with the intent of getting someone to jump on.

The way you set it up was to strawman anyone who voted you afterwards, regardless of what reasons they gave. That is evident by the fact that you did it even though I provided no reason at all.

You aren't trying to figure out my alignment, you are trying to strawman me, and it's pretty scummy.

Read 90 again while reading back, and im pretty sure 90 was a joke if anything, no reason to build a case on it. But thats what you did here. Why try and build a case on someone using a joke post as proof?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: KT

Running out of voting options and it's either him or Spiffeh for now, so I'm opting for the one who has been absent for longer than they should. No real case on him though.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:52 am

Post by davesaz »

Running out of voting options is a weird thing to say, please elaborate.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 182, davesaz wrote:Running out of voting options is a weird thing to say, please elaborate.

Ranger & SRMP are strong town reads for me (Ranger based on meta, SRMP based on content and interactions in this thread).

Xtoxm is the largest wagon, yet I still don't have something strong against him. In fact; based on his most recent activity I'm leaning town on him. I'm also -more or less- leaning town on The Bulge, davesaz, pisskop & GL.

That leaves me with droog (who is being read as town by more than one), 3dicerolling (my strongest scum read, but Ranger's strongest town read), KTthecreeper & Spiffeh. So, practically it's either of KT & Spiffeh if I'm going to place a vote leading to a lynch. I won't be lynching someone I'm town reading, and I won't be able to make a successful push on my favourite lynch when they're being read as town by Ranger.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Almost50 - what meta leads you to have Ranger as a strong townread? Can you explain that with specifics?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 am

Post by pisskop »

Kind of agree. Almost 50, do you feel comfortable splitting the baby between town an scum Ranger?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

I've just finished a game with Ranger (admittedly my one and only experience with her so far), and she played exactly like this. She was town, I suspected her all along and eventually got her lynched in the day before last. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice in a row. davesaz was also in that game (and we both lived to the very end) so I think he will understand where I'm coming from more than anybody else. Addressing the rest of you though; I won't say she is "confirmed" town to me, but "strong" town read is fair in my view.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 186, Almost50 wrote:she played exactly like this.

^this idea is what I'm trying to get at though - what does "playing like this" mean? What is Ranger doing that reminds you of that past game? And then why do you think scum!Ranger couldn't fake it?

Like I feel like your argument here could be used any time a player mislynches another player in a past game, and I'm not sure if it's scum!Almost50 using a past game to buddy up to Ranger, or town!Almost50 with weak reasoning.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 am

Post by The Bulge »

oh so gl is town
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 187, GuiltyLion wrote:what does "playing like this" mean?

You'll have to check her first few posts in that game to get what I mean. It's #2 on my wiki page, so you won't get lost.

In post 187, GuiltyLion wrote:And then why do you think scum!Ranger couldn't fake it?

Because I don't think scum!Ranger would be this bold in defending her reads the way she does.
OK, let me put it this way: I don't feel like voting Ranger today. I would rather wait to see her on D2 before I decide if she could be anything but town-aligned, because if she is town then she's a GREAT ASSET to us, and I don't want to lose that for no reason.

In post 187, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not sure if it's scum!Almost50 using a past game to buddy up to Ranger, or town!Almost50 with weak reasoning.

To be frank, I don't quite get the "buddying" technique and I never intentionally use it. I simply call it as I see it, and the way I see it is Ranger did nothing different to her style when she was town.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 am

[/quote]Because I don't think scum!Ranger would be this bold in defending her reads the way she does.[quote]

but we dont know if they are reads or a bunch of names in random order, if they were reads they would have reasoning. Wheres the reasoning?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:14 am

Post by pisskop »

All aboard the Xtox-Box Plox
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:16 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 191, pisskop wrote:All aboard the Xtox-Box Plox

Do you not like his latest post?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:18 am

Post by pisskop »

I was meh on it. Genuine-sounding apologetic-things are not exactly game content nor has he made a move to become townread.

It amounts to a variety of AtE without adding anything to the gamestate.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:21 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 193, pisskop wrote:I was meh on it. Genuine-sounding apologetic-things are not exactly game content nor has he made a move to become townread.

It amounts to a variety of AtE without adding anything to the gamestate.

I do like the openness of it though.

It doesn't have to be 100% solid to look town imo.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 am

Xtoxm, what about 40 makes you think guilty is town? I see nothing to make him town there, and what you actually show us is him not scumreading you. How does him not scumreading you + 40 make him town? I don't see it at all.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 190, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:but we dont know if they are reads or a bunch of names in random order, if they were reads they would have reasoning. Wheres the reasoning?

NO. That's what I'm trying to say. She does NOT provide reasoning. She posts her reads just the way she did. I even did a comparison in my joke post (). The reads format was exactly the same in her previous game with me.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:30 am

In post 196, Almost50 wrote:
In post 190, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:but we dont know if they are reads or a bunch of names in random order, if they were reads they would have reasoning. Wheres the reasoning?

NO. That's what I'm trying to say. She does NOT provide reasoning. She posts her reads just the way she did. I even did a comparison in my joke post (). The reads format was exactly the same in her previous game with me.

Then how the fuck do you townread them for it?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

Are you scum reading her?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor