NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by BlackStar »

@keyser I only just noticed that your avatar is Amy Santiago lol. You made some good points. The entire situation surrounding Ika and Silverwolf has made me uneasy for a while now.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 402, Nero Cain wrote:Ika had 4 votes on him. My worry is that he realized the heat on him was growing and fakeclaimed seer to out the real seer.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it. I do not sense that ika was under that intense pressure (I'm not seeing the need to play survivalist). Here were the votes on ika's slot:
Spoiler: votes
In post 27, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: ika

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

In post 116, Xkfyu wrote:Oops EBWOP

Alright, let's get this thing sorted then.

UNVOTE: JarJarDrinks

VOTE: ika

In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

In post 229, BlackStar wrote:@ika Okay, you want me to vote again?
VOTE: ika I think its weird that you're already so willing to trust in silverwolf. He hasn't proven himself as town but as soon as he said I seemed off you voted for me. Either you're scum partners or you're just an opportunist scum who used his post as a chance to start a wagon on a townie. Yes, I know that its not a wagon yet but that's what it looks like you're doing.

p-edit: That's how I always am...

In post 249, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:ika

I'm joining this wagon until I feel like killing someone else.

In post 283, Ricastle wrote:Alright, then. You asked for it.

As you can see there were few votes with a strong scum-case on ika - thus, town-ika or scum-ika should not have been forced to roleclaim in fear of their slot being under threat.
I fear this is bad play by town-ika
. If scum-ika has fakeclaimed, he has no long-term strategy, as the real seer would inevitably counter-claim/flip.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Vote Count 1.6

ika (4) - Xkfyu, Blackstar , PhantomCobalt , Albert B. Rampage
JarJarDrinks (2) - SnarkySnowman, Golden Robster
Ricastle (2) - TheBlueRose, Radiant Cowbells
TheBlueRose (1) - Keyser Söze
Nero Cain (1)- ika
I Am Innocent (1)- Almost50
Blackstar (1)- I Am Innocent
BeBopAReBopRhubarbPie (1)- Nero Cain
SnarkySnowman (1)- Ricastle
Albert B. Fampage (1)- JarJarDrinks

Not Voting (2) - BebopAReBopRhubarbPie, Zulfy

With 17 alive it takes 9 to Lynch.

Deadline is Feb, 1st, 2016 at 3:49 PM EST.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
TheBlueRose
TheBlueRose
Goon
TheBlueRose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by TheBlueRose »

Okay so I'm going up from the beginning of where I left off to now. I'll stop as I see things so they could have been answered or so as the pages go on. But for now this is some stuff I'm finding.

First of all in regards to the tornado that was Ika and Nero and the whole mess with them and Silver. I already stated my discomfort with their continuous stating of each other "knowing one another's play" and stating a town read on each h other without any actual information to support that. I was willing to put it to the side for a moment before, but now no. Now I'm not 100% sure on the seer claim at the moment. I do feel it was absolutely unwarranted and unnecessary to claim though. With the accusation against nero from both Ika and Silver that he "forced the claim"? Seriously what would have forced that? It was a bunch of bickering back and forth then a sudden claim. That is how I saw it. And then after a moment and being judged on his claim he basically dares anyone to cc. Which there was none except Nero's earlier (fakeclaim?). So if it is a ruse then I'd guess either there is a seer but they are choosing to stay low for now or there may not be that specific role in this game. (Since the claim I realized I need to read up on what roles are what and do what in werewolf because this would be my first werewolf game and I have little knowledge on the types of roles there are.)

Also I really like Ricastle ' post against SilverWolf's post who spoke about meta shouldn't be strictly followed due to the ability of it changing. Yet reading over it and what Ricastle pointed out was Ika acting very similar in his play when he was scum in that particular game. What was SilverWolf trying to prove with that post exactly?

In post 276, Ricastle wrote:
In post 219, SilverWolf wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=64698 Scum

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=64575 Town

Please be careful assuming you know someone's alignment based on meta as people can manipulate their meta.
Oh, so this post did happen.

I don't know what you were trying to prove here, 'cause all this shows is that ika's behaviour here matches his recorded scum meta with you. That'll be a scumread for him too then I think.

Another thing IAI points out a mistake in the VC and just addresses it, casually and in honest curiosity from my eyes. Then Ika jumps in and calls Nero scum for what was just a mistake with the VC? To me it felt as if he was trying a desperate escape to divert some attention towards a different direction.

In post 286, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero why can't you vote?

Twice now the mod has you listed as a no voter yet you had votes cast both times?

In post 287, ika wrote:
In post 287, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero why can't you vote?

Twice now the mod has you listed as a no voter yet you had votes cast both times?

hes scum. if you want to wagon that i can be happy to oblige. i could prob also get silver to join up

In post 338, ika wrote:no i encoaurage a seer to CC me

Now I had a fairly null read on both Silver and Ika earlier but I'm leaning scum - Ika and null - scum Silver. While Silver didn't lose his absolute mind like Ika seemed too he seemed to just sit back and try to help Ika but mostly just agreed with him and followed his votes mostly.
TheBlueRose
TheBlueRose
Goon
TheBlueRose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by TheBlueRose »

In post 456, Nero Cain wrote:i mean, ok sure. I'm willing to buy the "atleast 1 is town" thing but you came in and tried to throw shade my way and that doesn't seem real town to me.

What shade are you even talking about? Like do you really mean RC's telling everyone to slow down? While I didn't see a good enough reason to just stop everything, I don't see why that is casting shade against you. Unless I missed something? But if not I don't get why you'd think that is scummy. Like "Oh no I must kill Ika now or else. Why are you stopping me?"
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Yeah I don't get at all why people think ika is scum.

Bebop, to touch on what you said about almost, I think this game feels different for him than the newbie game we played with him in, and I read him as town for now. I haven't seen a town game of his but this doesn't feel like a scum game.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie »

PhantomCobalt, do you have any reads yet?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie »

I should direct the same question to Albert B. Rampage too.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I just want to point out that SW and ika are always defending each other Day 1 no matter what. They say it's because "they can read each other really well" but the reality is that they are just going to defend each other and play them vs. everyone else on Day 1.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 558, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I just want to point out that SW and ika are always defending each other Day 1 no matter what. They say it's because "they can read each other really well" but the reality is that they are just going to defend each other and play them vs. everyone else on Day 1.

What happens when they're in opposite factions?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

This.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Perhaps we just found out?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 554, TheBlueRose wrote:What shade are you even talking about? Like do you really mean RC's telling everyone to slow down? While I didn't see a good enough reason to just stop everything, I don't see why that is casting shade against you. Unless I missed something? But if not I don't get why you'd think that is scummy. Like "Oh no I must kill Ika now or else. Why are you stopping me?"
He's referring to .

I don't think you'd be so sure, or so quick to rule out the possibility of them both being town, as town here. I get the impression that you knew this would be a face-off as soon as you got your PM.

VOTE: ABR
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Ricastle still scum.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 563, RadiantCowbells wrote:NOTICE ME SENPAI
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:51 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I'll get a readslist with reasons tonight.
Speed don't lie.
CC
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 551, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 402, Nero Cain wrote:Ika had 4 votes on him. My worry is that he realized the heat on him was growing and fakeclaimed seer to out the real seer.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it. I do not sense that ika was under that intense pressure (I'm not seeing the need to play survivalist). Here were the votes on ika's slot:
Spoiler: votes
In post 27, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: ika

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

In post 116, Xkfyu wrote:Oops EBWOP

Alright, let's get this thing sorted then.

UNVOTE: JarJarDrinks

In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

In post 229, BlackStar wrote:@ika Okay, you want me to vote again?
VOTE: ika I think its weird that you're already so willing to trust in silverwolf. He hasn't proven himself as town but as soon as he said I seemed off you voted for me. Either you're scum partners or you're just an opportunist scum who used his post as a chance to start a wagon on a townie. Yes, I know that its not a wagon yet but that's what it looks like you're doing.

p-edit: That's how I always am...

In post 249, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:ika

I'm joining this wagon until I feel like killing someone else.

In post 283, Ricastle wrote:Alright, then. You asked for it.

As you can see there were few votes with a strong scum-case on ika - thus, town-ika or scum-ika should not have been forced to roleclaim in fear of their slot being under threat.
I fear this is bad play by town-ika
. If scum-ika has fakeclaimed, he has no long-term strategy, as the real seer would inevitably counter-claim/flip.

Why can't it be bad scum play?

Why is it that everyone assumes that all scum play is good scum play?

Also, unless you're scum with him, how could you possibly know that a scum ika has no long term strategy? You don't know what roles scum have, or exactly how many there are. How can you assume that you know someone's motivation behind their actions when you don't have all the information that they do.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Xkfyu »

So, I feel like we're in a sort of a limbo status until ika is replaced. Well, at least I am anyways.

Ika was (and still is) my top lynch candidate. However, I'm not so set on it that I'm not prepared to believe his claim, if I end up being happy with the entrance and play of his replacement. But, I won't be moving my vote until then.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to get at least another vote or two on ika, so that when his replacement get here, he/she has as much pressure on him/her as possible.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 555, SnarkySnowman wrote:Yeah I don't get at all why people think ika is scum.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 568, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 555, SnarkySnowman wrote:Yeah I don't get at all why people think ika is scum.

who do U think is scum?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Is posting a one sentence quote of yourself what you meant when you said this?
In post 536, SnarkySnowman wrote:Reading through and gonna post stuff but have my notes for now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

So we're still stuck on the "ika is scum. No he's not" subject. :(

If Ika is going to be replaced, anmd if we're going to wait for his replacement to post, I think we're better off leaving the subject for now and looking elsewhere where we can do something fruitful now. We can always recall the subject once a replacement is in place.

I find it very counter-productive to stay stuck on one subject/player and halt the game until something in particular occurs. But that's just me, of course.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 571, Almost50 wrote:So we're still stuck on the "ika is scum. No he's not" subject. :(

If Ika is going to be replaced, anmd if we're going to wait for his replacement to post, I think we're better off leaving the subject for now and looking elsewhere where we can do something fruitful now. We can always recall the subject once a replacement is in place.

I find it very counter-productive to stay stuck on one subject/player and halt the game until something in particular occurs. But that's just me, of course.

On one hand I agree with what you're saying. But on the other hand this post feels way too similar to the ones you made earlier where you told everyone to ignore you and save you as a backup lynch.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 571, Almost50 wrote:So we're still stuck on the "ika is scum. No he's not" subject. :(

I'm not saying that we shouldn't discuss and look other subjects while we wait. In fact, I've been trying to do exactly that. I am saying, however, that it would be nice to have the pressure of a significant number of votes on ika's slot for when his replacement arrives.

The legitimacy of ika's claim is the most important thing to work out right now, and I think that having that slot under pressure, with a lot of votes sitting on it, as soon as the replacement arrives is the best way to go about it.

By all means, let's talk about something else while we wait, though.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

We aren't lynching any of Ika or Almost today: Its ABR or Ric.

With Blackstar, Cobalt and Snowman as maybes.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”