Blitz 21 - Hope plus One ―kibou― [End]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:30 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 123, Wisdom wrote:
In post 118, KTthecreeper wrote:UNVOTE: anti

VOTE: Phantom From what I'm use to as town he pops in and out, I'm not use to him being this active and I don't think its town for him.

Is he active as scum?

I have never seen him active but he typically is more active as scum
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Scatterplot »

In post 119, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Okay, I'm glad that you've done things as scum. I've done lots of things as scum.
You asked me to explainw hy it would be advantageous to do something. I did.

I do not push mislynches for mislynches sake. That's something that's consistent in my scum meta and it isn't something I'd switch to switch up my meta because it's optimal play pure and simple.
Okay?

Further, I called you out for a bizarre read transition. You gave an inadequate answer and tried to turn it back on me.
We're on page 4. I haven't had time for my reads to transition yet. I have a townlean on somebody. You seem to care an awful lot about it.

Particularly considering you already implied that you wanted to try to mislynch me in a future game after 1750 that gives me very bad feelings about your slot.
I never said this. I don't bring past influences into games like that. All I felt when you vengekilled me was relief that I wouldn't have to read all of those pages after all.

You don't see why?

Would I or wouldn't I, Plot? Am I doing it now?
What are you asking?

Why did you vote the lead wagon when I tried to pressure you?
I voted Sakura because I wanted her to change her avatar. She refused, so I voted Talah who I have a scumlean on instead. It had nothing to do with you.

Aka, you want to take advantage of the fact that Raskol is easily mislynched to try to push a lynch on me without having to try to explain why I'm scummy.
Nope. I have experience with Rask and I can read him. It is 100% not true that he is an easy mislynch. He was stupidlynched in his first newbie game because his IC didn't realise she had to explain what L-1 means to the newbies. I don't think he has any other completed games that I can talk about.

Why are you so frightened that I want to read you by your other head?

In post 120, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
In post 30, Scatterplot wrote:Wow I apparently do not remember how to do RVS at all.

PhantomCobalt is town, though, so there's that! I'm not really interested in the talah wagon. (Plotinus finds him vaguely scummy, I think.)

-Ether

This is an absolutely horrible post and remains so.

PC is town because he's jokey, what? Since when are all scum supernatural super serious?

Why did Plot back up that PC read as if he was the one who made it?
Why the fuck do you care so much about the fact that Ether and I came to independent mild townleans on a slot that you either don't know how to read or don't want to pretend to put in the effort of trying to read?

--P
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Mad King Ashnard »

Why do I care so much that you had a weird position based on hugely insufficient evidence and were completely unable to back it up?

idk, sorry I forgot we were supposed to scumhunt in this game.

Substantiate or suffocate beneath Daein's might, heathen.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

KT was your read on Antihero serious?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:38 am

Nope. I have experience with Rask and I can read him. It is 100% not true that he is an easy mislynch. He was stupidlynched in his first newbie game because his IC didn't realise she had to explain what L-1 means to the newbies. I don't think he has any other completed games that I can talk about.

Why are you so frightened that I want to read you by your other head?

I'm not frightened at all. I'm vague amused by the fact that you came into this game trying to mudsling my slot considering that we left our last game where you were scum with you trying to assert that you would be able to mislynch me as scum. And then you did exactly what you did in my previous experience with you as scum and then started mudslinging my slot. You want to pick this fight, we'll pick this fight. Have at me, Plotty.

I'm not buying what you're selling, sirs and madames.

What are you asking?

I'm asking you to put the belgian waffle mix away and commit to something.

I voted Sakura because I wanted her to change her avatar. She refused, so I voted Talah who I have a scumlean on instead. It had nothing to do with you.

Why do you have a scumlean on Talah, and how do I know if the latter part is true?

I never said this. I don't bring past influences into games like that. All I felt when you vengekilled me was relief that I wouldn't have to read all of those pages after all.

If you're denying this I will literally deathtunnel you the rest of the game.
You said that you would have easily been able to mislynch me as scum, don't deny it. It's public knowledge that anyone can go into the 1750 thread and read.
I don't think my thought process here is at all out of whack. If you want to change my mind, go substantiate on one of your reads.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:40 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 128, Ankamius wrote:KT was your read on Antihero serious?

It was sarcasm
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

Do you have serious reads then? If PC is your only one, then go into more detail since your activity point doesn't make any sense.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:44 am

Is KT really your first priority to sort here, Ankamius?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

No, but he's the easiest to sort right now.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:47 am

In post 2346, Plotinus wrote:
In post 2341, RadiantCowbells wrote:RC paranoia is a thing, but it doesn't mean people are willing or able to lynch me in day phase, particularly not after I led a lynch on an uber strong scum PR.

I am usually good at strongarming lynches and sounding genuine and convincing and shit.

It's true though that thread temperature would have changed in response to that and it might have taken me a few day phases.

just one of a few things that Plot said on the topic.

Also.

He'll be the easiest to sort later as well.

Vote Scatterplot.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 134, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
In post 2346, Plotinus wrote:
In post 2341, RadiantCowbells wrote:RC paranoia is a thing, but it doesn't mean people are willing or able to lynch me in day phase, particularly not after I led a lynch on an uber strong scum PR.

I am usually good at strongarming lynches and sounding genuine and convincing and shit.

It's true though that thread temperature would have changed in response to that and it might have taken me a few day phases.

just one of a few things that Plot said on the topic.

Also.

He'll be the easiest to sort later as well.

Vote Scatterplot.

Nah. I'll sort that slot when I get around to it. I'm not at that point yet.
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Scatterplot »

Or I don't want to produce the evidence yet because my read on him is still a work in progress and if I provide the citations right now it's going to make it harder for me to realise if i'm wrong about him. Like clearly i'm trying to figure something out and before the cake's baked you're like hey why is the cake all soggy in the middle.

In post 129, Mad King Ashnard wrote:I'm not frightened at all. I'm vague amused by the fact that you came into this game trying to mudsling my slot considering that we left our last game where you were scum with you trying to assert that you would be able to mislynch me as scum. And then you did exactly what you did in my previous experience with you as scum and then started mudslinging my slot. You want to pick this fight, we'll pick this fight. Have at me, Plotty.
oh, that. I could have mislynched you
in that game
when 8/12 people were suspicious of you, yes. Like if you look at the 12 living players ISOs and skim the tail end of them for what their reads are, their last opinion of of your hydra was that you were scummy, so yes, I did think that, with effort, I could have mislynched you in that game.

I'm asking you to put the belgian waffle mix away and commit to something.
about what though? I lost the thread. I have a townlean on Phantom and a scumlean on Talah and I don't know how to read you so I want to hear more from Rask and either I'll realise that he's town or I won't.

Why do you have a scumlean on Talah, and how do I know if the latter part is true?
Are you reading the thread? I literally just answered that when Wisdom asked me, in . Then in , I said that I was willing to vote Talah but I was tempted to votepark sakura until she changed her avatar. She said she wasn't going to and I don't have a read on sakura yet so I switched to Talah.

If you look at , which was mostly a response to you, you'll see at the end a "pedit" which means that this was in response to something that was said while I was typing the response to you. It starts "but sakuuuuura i can't tell you aparrrrrrt.", this indicates that it was sakura's post that I was responding to in that pedit.

If you're denying this I will literally deathtunnel you the rest of the game.
You said that you would have easily been able to mislynch me as scum, don't deny it. It's public knowledge that anyone can go into the 1750 thread and read.
I don't think my thought process here is at all out of whack. If you want to change my mind, go substantiate on one of your reads.
I didn't remember it until you elaborated. I didn't say easily. I meant in that game. I'm not going to bring it into a different game. Like you think that I'm somehow mad at you for putting me out of my misery in Miller's Hollow and that now i'm trying to mislynch you. How do you differentiate what i'm doing from scumhunting?

PEDIT AND IN THAT QUOTE THAT YOU ARE QUOTING I WAS CLEARLY TALKING ABOUT IN THAT GAME BASED ON THE THREAD TEMPERATURE IN THAT GAME.

why would the thread temperature of that game carry over to this one?

--P
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 am

Nah. I'll sort that slot when I get around to it. I'm not at that point yet.

Why are you not at that point?

What specific rationale do you have to refuse to sort an actually potentially dangerous slot over someone who will likely eat a lynch as town and guaranteed will as scum?

Or I don't want to produce the evidence yet because my read on him is still a work in progress and if I provide the citations right now it's going to make it harder for me to realise if i'm wrong about him. Like clearly i'm trying to figure something out and before the cake's baked you're like hey why is the cake all soggy in the middle.

Wait so you can't share your reads now because they might be wrong later?

Durr better never sort someone this entire game then. Postie might be scum, yo.

oh, that. I could have mislynched you in that game when 8/12 people were suspicious of you, yes. Like if you look at the 12 living players ISOs and skim the tail end of them for what their reads are, their last opinion of of your hydra was that you were scummy, so yes, I did think that, with effort, I could have mislynched you in that game.

Well you're clearly trying in this one as well so let's do this.

Fight me.

about what though? I lost the thread. I have a townlean on Phantom and a scumlean on Talah and I don't know how to read you so I want to hear more from Rask and either I'll realise that he's town or I won't.

These are well substantiated positions that I can respect and see as a beacon of shining towniness.

Are you reading the thread? I literally just answered that when Wisdom asked me, in 82. Then in 85, I said that I was willing to vote Talah but I was tempted to votepark sakura until she changed her avatar. She said she wasn't going to and I don't have a read on sakura yet so I switched to Talah.

WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.

I didn't remember it until you elaborated. I didn't say easily. I meant in that game. I'm not going to bring it into a different game. Like you think that I'm somehow mad at you for putting me out of my misery in Miller's Hollow and that now i'm trying to mislynch you. How do you differentiate what i'm doing from scumhunting?

PEDIT AND IN THAT QUOTE THAT YOU ARE QUOTING I WAS CLEARLY TALKING ABOUT IN THAT GAME BASED ON THE THREAD TEMPERATURE IN THAT GAME.

I never said that it's a thread temperature thing at all.

Please continue to insert words into my mouth about my stances on things.

Also, there WERE a few people spouting scumreads on me when you started; namely Antihero and PC (although I'm not sure PC legit scumread me or was just voting)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

I avoid wall slots until I already have a grasp on the game. It's better for my sanity that way.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:56 am

And yes, I understand the Sakura vote, that was well explained albeit absolutely horrible.

I'm asking you to explain your reads, you're going NO I DONT EXPLAIN MY READS and I'm calling you scum for it.

Particularly given that I don't at all like you trying to spin my pushing for you to substantiate as "trying to set you up."

This isn't difficult to understand.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

So I'm currently reading Mad king vs Scatterplot as a TvT. They both seem like town to me but what I don't understand is why they are fighting each other this early in the game over something that happened last game. I understand that Plot did something but this is a new game witch brings new possibilities. So I think instead of us fighting we do something useful and try to read some other people ok?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:07 am

Don't spin this as being over last game.

In this game, he

1) made weird unsubstantiated reads
2) jumped to largest wagon under pressure
3) tried to spin me trying to sort his slot as me setting him up.

not in last game.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 140, KTthecreeper wrote:So I think instead of us fighting we do something useful and try to read some other people ok?

You don't seem to be trying to read anyone yourself.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

RC. You're tunneling. Plot is town.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:10 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 142, Wisdom wrote:
In post 140, KTthecreeper wrote:So I think instead of us fighting we do something useful and try to read some other people ok?

You don't seem to be trying to read anyone yourself.

I'm currently trying to figure out why RC vs plot is happening
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:11 am

I'm not tunneling anyone.

They have given no explanations for their weird behaviour and until such time as they do I want them pressured.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

You said it yourself. They are paranoid of each other because previous game. What's there to figure out about that?

What do you think about the rest of the players? Like talah or Sakura?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:12 am

No, this isn't anything to do with previous game.

I am calling him out because of inconsistencies in
this
game and will continue to vote him until such time as they are cleaned up.
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Scatterplot »

I'm not trying to lynch you, I'm having a conversation with you. I'm not even voting you. I haven't made a case against you. All I posted was a tiny worry that you might be setting me up for something and you went ballistic because...I expressed town paranoia. ok.

It's not about "because they might be wrong later". It's about "if I say
hey, Phantom, if you write all your posts in green I will townread you but if you write them in red then I will scumread you
and then Phantom starts posting in green, how do I know that he's posting in green because he's town and not because I told him I would give him a cookie if he did it?

It's not that I
can't
substantiate my read on Phantom, it's that I don't want to. If he's wagonned and my read on him strengthens to a point that I care about derailing the wagon then I'll do so in a compelling manner.

I have an early read on him. It's either right or it's not. If it's not, the less I say about why I'm reading him, the soooner I'll realise it and course correct. If it is right, the less I say about it, the stronger it will become and then I'll reach a point of certainty and explain what i'm doing to the rest of the class. Why are you so impatient? Why do you care?

In post 137, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
Are you reading the thread? I literally just answered that when Wisdom asked me, in 82. Then in 85, I said that I was willing to vote Talah but I was tempted to votepark sakura until she changed her avatar. She said she wasn't going to and I don't have a read on sakura yet so I switched to Talah.

WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
WHY.
IF YOU CLICK THE LINKS YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER BECAUSE I EXPLAINED IT. Read post .

I never said that it's a thread temperature thing at all.

Please continue to insert words into my mouth about my stances on things.
That's right, you specifically ignored that I was talking about the thread temperature in that game and quoted it as if I were saying I had a vendetta against you that I would use in future games.

Also, there WERE a few people spouting scumreads on me when you started; namely Antihero and PC (although I'm not sure PC legit scumread me or was just voting)
I'm not even voting you. I am reasonably confident that if your slot is town I will be able to townread your hydra partner eventually. You seem to think that means that I'm going to lynch you after I talk to him, in spite of my having experience with him.

pedit: RC, you asked me about the talah vote, not the sakura vote. and i explained the talah vote and you keep saying i didn't.

In post 82, Scatterplot wrote:
In post 80, Wisdom wrote:Plot, talk to us about your talah scumread?
mostly sheeping hiplop. I felt it was weird the way that talah acknowledges that wisdom is probably reaction testing sakura but then needs an explanation RIGHT NOW before sakura even has time to respond to wisdom's vote. If he thought the rvs naked vote was for reactions, which is a reasonable assumption, and he thought the purpose was to get reactions from sakura, then why was he getting in the way of that?

i have dinner on the stove.

--P

So my problem with talah is that talah got in the way of sakura and wisdom. and my problem with you is that you're getting in the way of me and phantom by being impatient and demanding answers NOW NOW NOW when I will explain my reads when i'm ready. I'm not going to lynch anybody based on unexplained reads, I'm not going to derail a wagon with unexplained reads, but i'm not going to explain reads that are still in progress.

KT I don't understand it either why RC is bringing last game into this especially when I barely remember Miller's Hollow because of how sick I was for the entire duration of the game. It had a 90 page day 1 and I was too sick to read the thread and then I died on night 1 and that was game over town wins because the setup was 2:11 and all I felt when it was over was relieved that I didn't have to catch up on it after all. I'm not salty about that game at all. Good riddance to it.

pedit: actually yeah can we just drop this and not clog up the thread and come back to each other if we need to later on because there are other slots in this game too.

pedit: if this post doesn't clear it up then I don't know what to tell you.

--P
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Wisdom »

I was talking to KT if not clear

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”