Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glad you are going to the doctor mollie. Good luck.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Sensei »

Yosarian wrote:We need literally everyone in the game to work together to pull that off.

We can do it.
Go teamwork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3604, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 3578, Sensei wrote:Titus can you please explain to the town that double-lynching is optimal.

it is most defo optimal and I did explain it and it is scummy as fuck that yoyo and abr are saying otherwise!

Meow? I never said thay.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:47 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Sensei, have you given a list of your party?

If so, then don't.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 am

If not, then don't*
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Sensei »

Yea I have but you know me it's changed already.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:50 am

Good.
I hope that I'm in it

Make sure to give a list of reads either during twilight or right before DL/Lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Mod confirmed this for us : We know both characters are town if they are in game. we don't know if they are or are not.

:(

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 3632, Rylai and Lina wrote:Mod confirmed this for us : We know both characters are town if they are in game. we don't know if they are or are not.

~Rylai

I'm not sure why I said this here though :facepalm: I think I really screwed up ...

Now Liza claim might look very suspicious ....

fuck

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:04 am

Post by ZZZX »

Well one less scum read I have been wrong about is one better shot at hitting the actual scum in there ! :D
Also thats one less iso to do
MC:Sensei

lead us, Sensei!
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:05 am

Post by ZZZX »

and well i am pretty sure you didnt claim the other name. but we shouldnt take the other name as granted. you could fake some name to be in your town list to see reactions and then declare if its there or not f.e but its up2you.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:11 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 3633, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 3632, Rylai and Lina wrote:Mod confirmed this for us : We know both characters are town if they are in game. we don't know if they are or are not.

~Rylai

I'm not sure why I said this here though :facepalm: I think I really screwed up ...

Now Liza claim might look very suspicious ....

fuck

~Rylai

Which is why I was saying before that the people who you know as conftown should claim ASAP. Nobody is dead yet, I can't imagine scum risking a one for one on D1, so they won't risk making the claim, so if someone does claim it is highly like that they really are who they're claiming to be.

I find lynching two people to be unlikley to occur today, without some major organizational work done, and done quickly. I think we should have everyone, in addition to listing their top *4* town reads(not more, not less, 4, so we don't end up with lopsided counts of who prefers who goes adventuring tonight), also list the *3* slots they find scummiest. We can keep track of those, review who the top two are, and assign people who they vote for based on who they've displayed a willingness to vote for between those two. That way we don't end up with accidental hammering, and we don't end up with people being forced to vote for someone they don't want to see lynched.

-Cerb

pedit: they claimed the other name, DS outed it by asking them to confirm if it was this one person, and they confirmed it.

i would also, just...ugh. I hate this, but you are all being entirely too trusting. We don't KNOW R&L's alignment, so we don't KNOW if we can trust anything they say. Yes, improbable, etc, but we don't KNOW! I'd also like to remind you all that conftown DOES NOT mean right. The way sensei plays makes little sense to me, which means I simply don't trust his judgment. I agree giving the MC to a conftown is almost certainly the best decision, but I *really* don't trust him to choose a party without scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3636, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

i would also, just...ugh. I hate this, but you are all being entirely too trusting. We don't KNOW R&L's alignment, so we don't KNOW if we can trust anything they say. Yes, improbable, etc, but we don't KNOW!

You don't "know" anything on day 1 really.

But, really, R&L are town. We can all see this.

Do I know this 100%? Nope. But I'm pretty damn sure anyway. So I'm going to treat them as town until i have a really, really good reason to do otherwise.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

The only reason i haven't moved my MC vote to sensi or R&L yet is cause i want to give ABR a chance to respond first, especally with his claim.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

@3636, Borrowing a few minutes before court to hug Cerb.

How you feel now is how I feel in We Didn't Playtest this. So *hug*.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:24 am

In post 3624, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 3578, Sensei wrote:Titus can you please explain to the town that double-lynching is optimal.

In theory it is. In a complex theme game like this where mislynching the wrong power role screws us, it's less clear.

Probably be worth trying, but it'll be really tricky to heard cats; we will need 9 votes on wagon a and 9 votes on wagon b at the same time without anyone hammering right, so you use your ability and they're both hammered? We need literally everyone in the game to work together to pull that off.

It is worth trying. :nod: Will get proof later.

~Titus
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 am

Every time someone throws shade on a quasi-proven town (basically someone who's claim is illogical if they weren't town) I want to turbo-lynch them. With fire. And a harpoon. Maybe a harpoon on fire.

I'm looking at you, CC, Itlepip
“Why was I chosen?'
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 am

DS:

All you're saying with that is that you're willing to defend your idiocy to the point of a loss. Give me fucking mod confirmation in thread of someones alignment and I'll start considering them town. Give me a few flips, and I'll put some work in and figure out who does and doesn't make sense as scum/town with that information. But on Day fucking 1? No. No fucking way. I am not going to consider a single fucking person anywhere close to conftown, and I will remind every idiot who wants to think anything other than flip makes someone guaranteed town, that they're fucking wrong.

I mean, seriously, how about this: Does it make sense for scum fucking ABR to claim he will be able to guarantee giving us a scum on D3, AND then go ahead and draw a shitload of attention to himself about the MC thing, when he had it in the bag? Does that make sense? No?

It fucking doesn't.

His CLAIM does not make sense for scum to make.

Guess who keeps fucking screaming he's scum?

You fucking do. Listen to your own fucking advice, or admit your advice is fucking terrible, because it is.

I will throw shade on *everything* in the game, until we have confirmation of at least 1 parties motivations, preferably someone who is scum. I prefer more, but we can start working from that.

Hmph. Work is irritating me, that was probably harsher than I intended, but you know what I mean. Just don't be dumb people. There is *nothing* preventing this from being some sort of complex gambit. It's *unlikley*, I will freely admit that, but it isn't fucking impossible.

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 am

Also, <3 Titus. I'm actually not sure which part of WDPT you're talking about because man, that game was awhile ago, but I appreciate the expression of support. :)

-Cerb
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 am

Itlepip yes.

TCC, no. I get what TCC is doing since I have done it myself.

Cerb, remember when you claimed one way mason and I was all ohhhh no don't trust it. That's what you're doing here. Rylai is the one way mason and Sensei is the target.

There is scum motivation in what ABR is claiming. I think you're being a little rigid there and it's impacting everything else.

~Titus
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 am

@Cerb It makes a crap tone of sense to claim as scum.

Let's see, town wouldn't make that claim because THEY WOULD DIE! THATS SO FREAKING OBVIOUS!
How is "revealing" scum with an ability any different from a bus? Well, it is in a single way: it "confirms" the busser.

Use your brain. Scum would make that claim because they don't have to worry about dying as much as town, and THEY KNOW SCUM. It doesn't matter that the method of revealing scum isn't through a lynch, it doesn't make any difference.
“Why was I chosen?'
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:20 am

In post 3626, Sensei wrote:
Yosarian wrote:We need literally everyone in the game to work together to pull that off.

We can do it.
Go teamwork!

@DS @Cerb, If you want to yell at each other using comments such as "use your brain" and rage caps, stop. Talk to me instead. You're not talking to each other but at each other BC you're so convinced you are right.

~Titus
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Sensei »

With this newfound responsibility, think I'm about due for a reread.
Wish me luck.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

DS: I'm well aware of the possible scum motivation for ABR to make the claim(I think overall the claim doesn't do anything to buy him town cred though, because of how obvious it is as a bus, so all it really does is give away a member of his team, thus, overall it doesn't make sense. When you take into account other potential benefits of being MC, it *might* make sense, but just as a bus, no, it's shitty). I'm actually one of the people who is/has been wary of him. The point of my comment was(though it was poorly expressed) that you're inconsistently applying your paranoia.

DP: Ah, yes. Understood. And I'm done yelling at DS, I just dislike his decision to be paranoid about people who are being paranoid. :P

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:29 am

In post 3506, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 3473, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 3459, Sensei wrote:zzzx, why are you scumreading me mate?

"I don't care how people read me he said"

gogurts listen to me. you are being stubborn and immovable and totally missed that sensai soft-claimed. in the last varsoona game you in your infinite wisdom got the day vig to shoot the IC and then went on to hand the game to scum by tunneling on town. you did better in nightless and I liked how in that game you wld consider other options can we see some of that plz.

also remember i tried to stop your lynch in nightless, sorry no1 wld listen to me. can you listen to me now.

I was wrong, I get the point. I also am awful at finding crumbs or whatever I know. I'm playing as I was in nightless, except I mad mistake. My reads day one tend to be off at times, however one thing I've learned that when I start doubting myself and double-thinking myself I screw up harder. It happened in Nightless, it happened in Diffusion of power and it happened in varsoon mafia. I'm not making the same bloody mistake again.

If I think someone is scum, I'll push them. It's up to them to try and convince me and explain how they are town and what in heavens name they are thinking. If they are unable to do that properly I have nothing to work with.

Also don't you dare compare my play to varsoon mafia, that was god awful. This isn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”