Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28 am

Post by tyhess »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #21

tyhess[3](ac1983fan, Flameaxe, Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin[2](White, tyhess)
ac1983fan[1](theopor_COD)
theopor_COD[1](vollkan)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)

Not Voting[4](curiouskarmadog, pwayne66, Trojan Horse, Oman)

cross post with pwayne.....i would have to say that the reason i'm voting for him is a combination of the 3 things you said, the most of which being that I think it is the most protown thing to do. And like I said MoS in my last post, tell me where you have asked me a question and I will answer......unlike you, who keeps avoiding everything, and then saying that that's what I'm doing.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

pwayne66 wrote:I jumped off of MoS b/c I thought he might be at lynch -1 and I didn't want him to get lynched just when he seems willing to play ball. He still is the most suspicious player to me (even more so in light of his "I have answered all questions to the best of my abilities" statement he made)

@tyhess- are you ready to lynch MoS based on what you have seen so far?

If yes, are you ready to do so because you think he is scum, because he is distracting and annoying, or because he deserves it for his untown friendly behavior.

I ask b/c I don't necessarily think he is scum. He might be might not be. I know this: if it came down to a lylo situation, he would be the last person I would want to be in the game. I also know that failure to lynch at this point sets a dangerous precedent: that you are not accountable for what you say or for defending your positions.
Oh, cuz we're totally going to believe that anyone else besides me is employing this strategy? The people on my wagon couldn't possible get away with exploiting said precedent, because they nearly lynched me for what I did. The people off my wagon aren't acting scummy enough to exploit it, so anyone who tries to not be held accountable for what they say had better have a damn good excuse. There aren't multiple people doing what I'm doing.

Just as a point of fact, though. I have
always
defended my positions. As far as I know, I have only deigned not to comment on the positions of others. Every position I have taken, I have defended to the fullest or given a good reason that I changed my mind.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:32 am

MoS wrote:
tyhess wrote:Enough is enough MoS. Your saying that your an easy target and that's why scum would be attacking you. I think its more of the fact that you found yourself in a hole, couldn't get out, and now your going to play this card of anybody who votes for you is scum.
You really love misrepresenting people, don't you? You're almost as bad as White. It's sad how you guys are calling my strategies stupid when you do shit like this. If you're town, twisting everything someone says so that it says something completely different is *not* going to find you scum. I found that out the hard way.

First off, I didn't say anyone who votes for me is scum. If I thought that, the game would be over. I would've found all the scum by now. What I said is that scum are likely to jump on easy bandwagons when someone is acting obviously scummy, therefore
one
of the people that voted me is almost certainly scum. That's called logic and deduction, but then you obviously don't know about that.
Tyhess wrote:You said that you didn't want to be lynched, but the way your acting to me seems like it does matters to you but your trying to use reverse psychology so that no one would vote for you, and if they do you can yell scum.

Not going to happen

Unvote, Vote:MoS

Still keeping an
FOS:theo
This paragraph doesn't even make sense. I don't want to be lynched, but it matters to me, and I'm trying to use reverse psychology to no one would vote me, then I call them scum? How could I use reverse psychology in saying that I
don't
want to be lynched? Think about what you're saying here. This is like a stream of consciousness post. That makes less sense than BM's usual posts. Please think about what you meant to say and rephrase it.
Responding to this would be a good start.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:33 am

Post by White »

I'm going to wait for Tyhess' question to be answered. MoS did bring up a point and i'm curious to see what follows.
MoS wrote:The other 36 games will prove you wrong.
*laugh* Dismissed *laugh*
MoS wrote:You should listen to the people that can compare my play as scum to this game.
If you read my posts you would never have said this. I said in a previous post that the very fact that you mentions this opens up the strong possibility that you are twisting it to fit your desires. If someone else brought it up, that would be different. But it's easy for you to bank on the fact that you're changing your playstyle to fit this game independently and then making such an absurd statement that implies you never change your style.
MoS wrote:The theory that only newbies would've done it was a godsend that I used to play the entire town, but it certainly was never something that I would've thought of. So no, this isn't something I do as scum.
I do believe you never stated that in the thread. Hence my inevitable conclusion. Oh, of course not. Why would I ever think an experienced player would do something different? Haha, no, they are all the same and stuck in their invarying ways. /sarcasm
MoS wrote:It's retarded to lynch people without giving them a chance to claim.
Agreed. However, you were at the supposedly -1 for quite a while. Over a day I believe (in this game, that's quite a while) so in all actuality you had your chance to claim, you just didn't.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:34 am

pwayne66 wrote:
MoS, read my whole posts next time. I metagamed you from Bad Idea II where you (as scum) killed someone to make it look like the scum was some newbie thereby discrediting yourself as scum. The reason this is applicable is because we were talking about your "tactic" to lure scum and how it was newbish and you said something along the lines of you couldn't do it because you're not a newb.
I might have to check this out. The whole reason I would have any doubt about him actually being scum is the fact that he is an IC. The fact that he likes to play the newb card could change that.
This accusation is 100% false. I don't play the newb card. Feel free to look for yourself.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:38 am

Post by pwayne66 »

MoS wrote:Just as a point of fact, though. I have always defended my positions. As far as I know, I have only deigned not to comment on the positions of others. Every position I have taken, I have defended to the fullest or given a good reason that I changed my mind.
This was a reference to my original suspicions of you, where you seem to argue that saying you think somebody is protown does not require further commentary. Oman pressed the issue and you never went beyond flimsy WIFOM analysis. I address this in 316.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 am

Here. I did the research for you, since you failed miserably at finding it. These comments were made after the game, which means they can be 100% trusted, since I'd already won at that point.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 119#590119

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 736#589736

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 330#590330

GG Argument.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:42 am

Post by pwayne66 »

In post 251 I ask this:
As an IC, do you think the town ought to take to accepting "x feels protown" , "I think x is geniune" and "scum wouldn't do x" as reasonable statements that should be accepted without question?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:44 am

Post by White »

So you're saying a killing can't serve more than one purpose? How do you win?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:45 am

Post by tyhess »

So basically MoS asks one question 4-5 pages back that I thought was retorical and that makes me seem like scum. And I don't beleive that I ever said that you don't not want to get lynched (because who would)....I said that your telling people to not vote for you because you made yourself look scummy and that voting for you would make them look scummy. I don't know....maybe that's called psycology and not reverse psycology....I don't have a masters in that departmnet
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:56 am

Post by pwayne66 »

since you failed miserably at finding it.
are you always such a asshole? If you want to make a point then make it. there are no extra points for being obnoxious.

there is a very large part of me that feels that is the only reason you have such a bandwagon. this has been the least pleasant experience I have yet had on this site and I think primarily b/c of your condescending comments and general assholary.

I think I taken a pretty solid shot at getting to the bottom of your scumminess or non-scumminess. It seems that you stonewall at every attempt. And then you seem to gleefully flaunt this fact. You question the intelligence of anybody who disagrees with you. You counter accuse rather then answer questions. You nit pick apart a persons post rather than deal with the actual subject of that post. You reduce things down to pointless quibbling.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:28 am

White wrote:So you're saying a killing can't serve more than one purpose? How do you win?
I'm saying that I didn't use that strategy, and I just proved that I didn't. It's not how I play.
tyhess wrote:So basically MoS asks one question 4-5 pages back that I thought was retorical and that makes me seem like scum. And I don't beleive that I ever said that you don't not want to get lynched (because who would)....I said that your telling people to not vote for you because you made yourself look scummy and that voting for you would make them look scummy. I don't know....maybe that's called psycology and not reverse psycology....I don't have a masters in that departmnet
This is why I asked you to explain yourself, but you completely ignored my questions.
pwayne66 wrote:
since you failed miserably at finding it.
are you always such a asshole? If you want to make a point then make it. there are no extra points for being obnoxious.

there is a very large part of me that feels that is the only reason you have such a bandwagon. this has been the least pleasant experience I have yet had on this site and I think primarily b/c of your condescending comments and general assholary.

I think I taken a pretty solid shot at getting to the bottom of your scumminess or non-scumminess. It seems that you stonewall at every attempt. And then you seem to gleefully flaunt this fact. You question the intelligence of anybody who disagrees with you. You counter accuse rather then answer questions. You nit pick apart a persons post rather than deal with the actual subject of that post. You reduce things down to pointless quibbling.
pwayne, apologies for that comment. That was directed at White, but I had the bad timing to have it come after your post. White is the one that brought the accusation against me, saying that he had read the game. The fact that he completely missed these posts shows that he was not actually reading the game, or that he was only seeing what he wanted to see. Therefore, I felt the comment was completely deserved in this case. You had not had time to look through the case, so I apologize if it seemed I was directing that at you. I merely tried to save you time by finding it more quickly, since I know the game better than most.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Fair enough. I do think I (for one) need a reset and fresh perspective. I think this game has gotten a little out of hand and we have three fevered egos (my obligatory bill hicks reference of the game) intent on keeping that way (me, white and MoS).

I'm gonna chill on this thread for the weekend (god grant me the strength) and try a new approach monday.

cheers
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 am

btw your avatar is full of win. KS rules.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by White »

Way to butter up.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 pm

Rofl. You have some serious issues if you take stuff like that as relevant content. Kevin Smith just happens to be one of my favorite directors/writers ever.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

If it were relevant content I'd give you a big sticky FOS for not recognizing Bill Hicks. He does kinda resemble kevin smith though...

(damn you god! one weekend! that's all I wanted)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Really? Damn. Your avatar sucks! =P
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by White »

Being unkind with no content is COMPLETELY PROSCUM. :P
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:28 pm

Obviously. FoS: White =P
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

White wrote: Trojan, are we to believe you don't think MoS is scum other than for that one post preceding your vote? Because you unvoted saying that your concern was dealt with. The point made above your vote was sketchy at best.
That one post preceding my vote made no difference to me, one way or the other. My vote was based on some very weak evidence (only for lack of anything stronger); it took quite a bit of time for MoS to start honing in on a potential suspect. Longer than I thought he'd take, if he were protown (based on some earlier games I found). I unvoted to give things some more thought; my concerns, weak as they were, were not "dealt with". I'll put the vote back on MoS if I can't find any better alternatives.

But I'm not going to vote at all until acfan is replaced. I want the replacement to read up and weigh in.

Is there anything else I need to respond to? I'm sure I missed something in all these posts.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Where is theo, anyway? I'm still waiting for him to finish breaking down who he thinks is scummy.

Incidentally; this game seems to have temporarily devolved into MoS versus pwayne and White, with everyone else (including myself) taking a back seat. If one of those three is scum, I wouldn't mind this so much. But it's bad news if all three bad guys are just sitting back and watching the town rip itself to shreds.

I'll be home most of the day tomorrow, lesson-planning and cleaning house. I'll be sure to take time for at least a few posts.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by tyhess »

question for MoS: Do you still have questions that you want me to answer or not.

And another thing. Does AC's vote still count for me if we don't get a replacement before the deadline??
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by Oman »

Whiteytheoppressor wrote:Ok, first off i'd like to say that Oman has (this is in agreement with what has already been posted) been acting very strange. I'm not sure whether it's scummy or just idiotic yet though.
Stop oppressing me, idiotic is a stupid thing to call someones play when you don't have the facts.
Whitey wrote:Don't vote unless you think the person is very likely to be scum or you're ok with the person being lynched. If you're not settled, don't vote.
You suck at bandwagoning for pressure.
Whitey wrote:QFT, I couldn't have said it better, this is what I was trying to say before.
No you weren't you were trying to say he was scum.
Whitey wrote:*laugh* Dismissed *laugh*
Don't start the metagame unless you can finish it.
Tyhess wrote:So basically MoS asks one question 4-5 pages back that I thought was retorical and that makes me seem like scum.
You really are oversimplifying.
MoS wrote:Kevin Smith just happens to be one of my favorite directors/writers ever.
So much phail. And Bill Hicks would be rolling over in his grave.

vote whitey
You seem to twist everything so that it fits you. And I don't like how hard you're pushing the MoS wagon.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by vollkan »

Trojan wrote: That one post preceding my vote made no difference to me, one way or the other. My vote was based on some very weak evidence (only for lack of anything stronger); it took quite a bit of time for MoS to start honing in on a potential suspect. Longer than I thought he'd take, if he were protown (based on some earlier games I found). I unvoted to give things some more thought; my concerns, weak as they were, were not "dealt with". I'll put the vote back on MoS if I can't find any better alternatives.
If your basis for voting was that you felt he was taking too long to find a suspect based on a meta-check why did you not say so initially? Instead of just saying:
Trojan wrote: This is about my gut feelings about him being scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”