MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:02 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Are you kidding me? A scum is more likely than town to know where people stand on things?

Glork, would you do me a favor and reread my posts, even if you skim them? I find it difficult to believe you don't see the big picture here or that you could possibly be as certain as you are that I'm the SK. (Which I'm not.)
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:04 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

*to WANT to know
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Jack »

For various reasons (some out of my control) I am leaving mafiascum. I'm sorry to make you find a replacement in a 101 page game lml.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

(gasp) - Looking for a replacement.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by White »

101 pages. Expect me to take a minute to read it all. Hmm.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

As guessed, White replaces Jack as of this post.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:I find it difficult to believe you don't see the big picture here or that you could possibly be as certain as you are that I'm the SK. (Which I'm not.)
I've read your posts several times over, thank you very much.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Shteven »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Shteven wrote: Honestly I'd like to feel as though we're getting somewhere; last few days have been back and forth to no immediate end. I'd like everyone (aside from CTD perhaps) to place a vote on someone, let's see where we stand.
Not to muddy the waters further, but this is something a scum would be likely to want--a clear picture of everyone's intentions so he can choose a side to push. I'm going to look closely about how committed you have been to a lynch thus far today, and if I see a lot of wishy-washy stuff, I'm voting you.
Not quite the response I was expecting; but in any case you'll see I've been firmly voting you for some time now. I've also announced reserverations about Jack, but I'm hoping to stick on you until you're hung!

The moderator himself has stated that there would be a deadline if not for the replacements who are trying to catch up. Reaching much, are we TCS?
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I've read the first 20 pages. Pretty light reading so far. Thoughts:

Pages 1-20

Shteven
- His stance on the Albert wagon (being on it despite being less than convinced that he's scum) is peculiar, but he's quite frank and upfront about it, which I tend to see a a town-tell. Most of what he says sounds quite reasonable to me (I especially like that fact that he's noting Glork's odd behavior). He hasn't made any big waves (only 6 posts so far), which makes him a rather uninteresting character for now.

MrBuddyLee
- I'm going to cut this one short. MBL is playing like he does as town. Not interesting.

The Central Scrutinizer
- This is where things get interesting. TCS has showcased inconsistency on more than one occasion: Scrutinizing BM for acting anti-town, then adopting an anti-town playstyle himself; saying one of Shteven and Jack is scum with reasonable certainty ("take it to the bank"), only to abandon this though for an apparently reasonless bandwagon. I also found it strange that he didn't want to vote YogurtBandit because he "gets strong scumvibes from him in nearly every game", which is somewhat of a contrast to his behavior re: BM. That Albert believing him town made him "uneasy" to the point where he voted him is just strange. As is his sudden idea that Guardian might be the SK, which, as far as I could see, had no in-threat basis. And then there's also the patented "I was acting scummy to see whether people would attack me for it" defense, which is just horribly scummy whichever way you look at it. Scum candidate.

Battle Mage
- I take solace in the fact the he's gonna be replaced at some point during this readthrough, cause he's a bitch to read as usual. I found his behavior towards Guardian legitimately scummy. On the flip side, I find the fact that a number of people where willing to defend him for little to no reason (including scumbag BBB) to be a point in favor of BM-town. A dark horse.

Glork
- Peculiar. Right off the bat he confronted MBL, which I find noteworthy considering their past history. His rather soft stance towards Guardian (at the beginning) and BM (throughout) is something I can't quite follow. The posts of his I find myself in complete agreement with are somewhat sparse, I usually jive more with town Glork. These things could point towards him being scum. On the other hand, I
seriously
doubt he's mafia, based on the rather shameless way known scumbag BBB leaned on him. Especially in the early goings, BBB tried to link himself to Glork in almost every post he made, which strikes me as very counter-intuitive behavior for scumbuddies. Glork himself didn't seem to realize the linkage, but then again it's not unheard of for him to miss such things. No verdict on Glork yet.

BillyTwilight
- Not much to analyse. Only 4 posts, no real votes to judge him upon. At this point I'd say he's sidelining a bit, but the quick glance I took at his isolated posts for the purpose of this analysis revealed that he's about to get much meatier. Looking forward to it with baited breath.

Jack
- lots of (little content) posts, and lots of vote-movement, but the vibe I'm getting is more of a pro-active scum-hunting one than a seeing-what-sticks scummy one. I liked the fact that he confronted Glork about his weird behavior, something I'd expect scum to shy away from this early in the game. Not an interesting character at this point.

YoghurtBandit
- To be quite honest, I don't really get why he's getting so much flak at this point in the game. So far, I didn't pick up any serious scum-vibes, and several of his posts have an air of townliness to me. Of particular note is, once again, BBB-scum's behavior. He went from voting YB to finding him nooby, to finding him townish, to voting him again, which, as a whole, doesn't feel like a busing effort to me. Probably not mafia.

Yosarian2
- His predecessor's only post was a bandwagon vote on page 1, which strikes me as somewhat uncharacteristic of a newbie-town. Yos' entrance was wholly unimpressive, he spends the majority of his early posts defending BM to an extent that I find unreasonable from a pro-town perspective. Not feeling too good about him at this point, scum candidate.

Part 2 to follow soon.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

MrBuddyLee – 2 – Glork, Kinetic
TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – White

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Not Voting – 5 – RougeBen, CrashTextDummie, BillyTwilight, The Central Scrutinizer, Yosarian2

[Uptick in action necessary, otherwise, deadline upcoming)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Yosarian2
- His predecessor's only post was a bandwagon vote on page 1, which strikes me as somewhat uncharacteristic of a newbie-town. Yos' entrance was wholly unimpressive, he spends the majority of his early posts defending BM to an extent that I find unreasonable from a pro-town perspective. Not feeling too good about him at this point, scum candidate.
I didn't like the wagon on Battle Mage. It was almost entierly reasonless, and, compared to normal BM play, he really wasn't looking at all scummy to me at the point. If you're pro-town and you disagree with a wagon on someone, it's your job to say so; I don't see what supposed to be scummy about that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:14 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Rogueben,

You say that TCS's arguments lack reasoning but you find him protown. Can you please explain what exactly about his play makes you think he's townish?

You say Yos has small scumtells but is protown... can you please point out the scumtells and why you choose to think they don't point to him as scum?

Can you please explain how Kinetic has been opportunistic and therefore why you find him likely scum?

You say Jack has little reason behind his suspicions but is protown... can you explain further?

Your #1 suspect is Shteven, and stated reason: flawed logic. Do you think flawed logic is a hallmark of scum, and if so can you give us examples of where you feel Shteven's been using bad logic to ring up the wrong people? Anything else scummy about Shteven to you?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:26 am

Post by White »

Alright guys, i'm on page 34 currently and i'm kinda surprised to see MBL, TSC and Shteven still alive. I'm expecting atleast one of them claimed.

unvote
as i'm still very uninformed.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:52 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Er, you see my play from page 1-34 as scummy? Can you please explain why while it's fresh in your head?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:44 am

Post by White »

Hmm. Well actually it's no longer fresh in my mind as i'm now at 59.

However if I remember correctly, I didn't like how you approached the wagons and I didn't agree with your suspicions. Currently though i'm thinking you're more protown since the the ABR lynch (overanxious town ready for night imo) and looking back through how you felt about him and blah blah blah.

Currently people i'm suspicious of: Jack (lurking....I just can't stand lurking), BM (deliberately unhelpful and flaked when it came down to lynch at deadline), AE and Xyzzy (See Jack) and HH for gut feeling, i'm personally very unsettled with HH currently but I can't really put a finger on it.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

White wrote:Currently people i'm suspicious of: Jack (lurking....I just can't stand lurking)
LoudmouthLee wrote:As guessed, White replaces Jack as of this post.
I'm a little flabbergasted...
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:57 am

Post by White »

Yeah. I'm quickly realizing that when you replace you generally replace lurkers.

I'm just going chronologically and posting how I feel. Obviously since I know Jack's (read my) role i'm no longer suspicious but i'm trying to be as objective as possibly during my read through.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by Shteven »

September 13th:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Official Day Four Vote Count

TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – Jack

Not Voting – 5 – RougeBen, CrashTextDummie, BillyTwilight, The Central Scrutinizer, Yosarian2
September 22nd:
LoudmouthLee wrote: MrBuddyLee – 2 – Glork, Kinetic
TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – White
10 (and counting) days. No votes.

Since then white unvoted since he's still catching up with the game.

So tell me TCS, am I reaching, or is it YOU who is wishy washy? Seriously everyone, it's time to pick up the pace a bit ;) Let's try to finish the game before 200 pages.

I'll reiterate that I'm looking for a TCS lynch. I had my issues with jack, but of course, some time should be given to white, so right now, I'm leaving my vote on TCS for some time. I expect to see Billy, TCS, and Yos vote soon. I can certainly excuse the two replacement players.

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Rogueben »

MrBuddyLee wrote: You say that TCS's arguments lack reasoning but you find him protown. Can you please explain what exactly about his play makes you think he's townish?
TCS wrote: FOS: Shteven, FOS: Jack

One of these two is scum... take it to the bank.
TCS wrote:Ut-oh. BM is on the wagon. Time to get off it. unvote: Guardian
These are example posts of arguments lacking reason. He has done this often and regularly throughout this game. Also pops up and says why hasn't anyone lynched X yet without providing an argument for it.
My gut feeling about TCS was town though. Even though he didn't post much content often, when he did it seemed like someone posting from a town perspective. This is what I had through my read. I have to say that his voting patterns are a bit suspect as well. He moved his vote around a fair bit, without posting reasoning. He was also very happy to jump onto other wagons.
MBL wrote:You say Yos has small scumtells but is protown... can you please point out the scumtells and why you choose to think they don't point to him as scum?
Man you don't ask for little things do you? I'll have to go back over the thread and find what I was uncomfortable with in particular. One big thing for me was the arguments over game-theory in the thread, could be seen as distracting and latching onto an easy topic to talk about. That being said it is also quite possible for a town member to get over-zealous about their game theories and post them too. His attack on Guardian was also very strong, though a lynch all liars metagame can explain this. I think in general he has posted constructively it was just a few minor things like I have just discussed (and I will look over his posts again to get a better idea)

I'm going to get back to the rest of your questions one by one. This is not a small thing you're asking for and I hope you realise that.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Glork »

"I refuse to lynch these players at any point in the game":
Jack/White
Yos2
Glork
BillyTwilight

"Probably town based on reads/meta":
BM/Kinetic
YB/mole/Rogueben

"Possible scum with the caveat that max one can be Mafia":
TCS
inHim et al

Odd Men Out (aka, likely scum):
Shteven
MBL
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:15 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Shteven wrote:September 13th:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Official Day Four Vote Count

TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – Jack

September 22nd:
LoudmouthLee wrote: MrBuddyLee – 2 – Glork, Kinetic
TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – White
10 (and counting) days. No votes.

Since then white unvoted since he's still catching up with the game.

So tell me TCS, am I reaching, or is it YOU who is wishy washy? Seriously everyone, it's time to pick up the pace a bit ;) Let's try to finish the game before 200 pages.

I'll reiterate that I'm looking for a TCS lynch. I had my issues with jack, but of course, some time should be given to white, so right now, I'm leaving my vote on TCS for some time. I expect to see Billy, TCS, and Yos vote soon. I can certainly excuse the two replacement players.
It would not be in the best interests of the town at this point to lynch me. However, if you're looking for a player to night kill, it'd probably be in the best interests of scum to rid themselves of me.

So.

I think you and Kinetic are scum and MBL is the SK. I will vote for any of you three at deadline. I will not be voting for inhim, glork, yos, billy, or jack today. I'm holding off on Rogueben because I think there's an outside chance he's scum who slipped through the cracks, and I simply haven't had the time to reread this game like I should.

But for the time being, there's the three I'd be willing to lynch. Out of the three, I prefer MBL or Kinetic.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:29 am

Post by White »

Currently on page 90 and this quote strikes me wrong:
Shteven wrote:Funny, I had HH as the ONLY cleared townie in my mind. I've mentioned I thought he was town several times, although as far as proving the "only cleared townie" part, well, you'll have to wait for my PM to LML to be revealed.
Shteven, care to clear that up? What PM did you send to LML that would clear HH? Your statement hints at being a cop but it's obvious that Glork is the cop (figured it out around mid 70s page).

I should be up to speed pretty darn soon and expect a vote before the evening.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Shteven »

Glork wrote:"I refuse to lynch these players at any point in the game":
Jack/White
Yos2
Glork
BillyTwilight

"Probably town based on reads/meta":
BM/Kinetic
YB/mole/Rogueben

"Possible scum with the caveat that max one can be Mafia":
TCS
inHim et al

Odd Men Out (aka, likely scum):
Shteven
MBL
Glork, I know you're pretty deadset on MBL being SK, but you've left out SK in this post. TCS/Inhim et al can have two scum, the godfather/sk. So remember what I said about very likely becoming certain ;) Speaking of which, why was that funny to you/MBL? I assume it came up in another game...

TCS: Care to explain why you're a bad lynch but a good night kill? I'd assume it's because you're claiming a pro-town role, but everyone would. I'd make a great night kill too, right? The only reason someone would make a better than normal night kill was if you had a power role, or were the SK/mafia and the other group killed you.

White: I am not a cop. Around the start of day 3, LML had a mini-game where all players could send him a PM with who they thought were the remaining 2 scum and the SK.

My choices were posted in the thread, but I recall it was Glork/TCS as scum. Not sure who I put as SK, as I didn't really have any solid leads. I left an optional note along the lines of "god if HH is scum he really deserves the win" more or less, because I believed him to be town. Thankfully, I was right, he was a townie.

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Shteven »

P.S. It's these little omissions by Glork, which have happened very frequently in this game, which made me list him as scum at the start of day 3. Maybe it would have hurt us in the long run, but I wish Manaspryte hadn't protected him ;)

White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:27 am

Post by White »

That's an anti town sentiment. I appreciate the innocent results (albeit semi useless now) that he has given us. However I do see the smiley so i'm wondering if that's a joke.

MBL, i'm on page 94 (almost done!) and you are waaaaaaay more defensive than you should be for having (I think) 2 votes on you. Not to mention citing metagaming as a primarty defence for why Glork is wrong is just insipid and invalid. As for why you might've killed MoS as SK, it's pretty obvious you value your opinions and thoughts higher than God's so naturally when other's didn't echo your sentiments you would take things into your own hands. Hopefully (for you) something will come up in the next 7 pages that will dissuade me or i'm voting for you.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”