California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Information about the data of Voting.

Foolinc is first (17-0). Current deadline lynch.

Adele is a close second (16-1, only losing to Foolinc 5-8-4. This means that 5 people have Adele over Foolinc. 8 people have Foolinc over Adele, 4 people have no preference.)

MGM is third (14-2-1), Losing to Foolinc (4-8-5), Adele (4-6-7) and TIED with Dani Banani (6-6-5)

Dani Banani and CES both have 5 ties. Which means slight changes in voting could make a significant change to the condorcet.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch.

foolinc: 5 (Dragon Phoenix, Gaspar, LoudmouthLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Adele: 2 (Dani Banani, VitaminR)
Skruffs: 2 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Tamuz)
Mgm: 1 (logicticus)
IH: 1 (Thesp)
logicticus: 1 (Mgm)
Tamuz: 1 (Skruffs)

Current Condorcet Winner:
foolinc

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Well, I'm not a fan of foolinc's latest posts, so I can't say I'd protest a foolinc-lynch.

I'm not really seeing the case on Adele though. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary from her.

Skruffs, if you want to know why I'm voting for you, you can look back to yesterday. It's the same reason for your place on my list. Everyone above you died.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I hereby request that everyone makes a condorcet list ASAP. Even if it's temporary, having a total unvote is incredibly anti-town. It makes everyone "equal ground" for lynching, and gives the town less to work with later.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ces, the same thing as foolinc said he has me up there, at one point. Why did you vote me yesterday? Was it because you saw me and cubs being scum together, because he pointed out that i was acting how i almost always do as town?

Considering cubs was mostly run up as an information lynch, to not use that information - to in fact continue holding the same theories from yesterday as today without being interested in exploring new paths, is scummy. And it took you how many real time days to settle on that as an excuse?

Basically you are interested in lynching, not in hunting. I'll keep you way up high on my list for that.

I'll do a condorcet list when i'm not on my cellphne.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

My suspicion of you was never related to Cubs, nor did I ever suggest it was.

You are being incredible OMGUSy, Skruffs.

Also, time to condorcet!

Vote: Skruffs
, [Mgm], [everyone else, excluding me], [Dragon Phoenix, logicticus]
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Tamuz »

(To prove Skruffs wrong, I'm going to run this through altavista translators-- what a jackass)
Tamuz megatranslated wrote:(To prove Skruffs wringed, I'm going to run this through altavista translators -- what a jackass) Yep CES, are he ever OMGUSsy... (refering to 774) - Skruffs I don't think you are scum with Thesp. I think you are scum, and your relationship with Thesp must be observed. - I focus on town powers because I'm town. I assume thats why you focus on mafia powers. or SKs WHO try to look like Vig powers. You ongoing to make completely incorrectly scenarios that * might * imply you to be scum but because these scenarios are so follic you denounce them, and in so doing so try to denounce that you are scum, but then avoid * real * cases that people property on you. MGM and the doctor situation is wholly uninteresting to me. It'd be a good chance for someone (LML) to act town, but since I don't really feel LML are acting, or isn't town, I don't really consider it revealing or much useful. The rationalrational rational part or me feels Skruffs should property a mix between BJ's Title, and the unclaimed, pain in the ass to play with. He basically are outbursting with anyone WHO even says his nasty and doesn't associate it with 100% innocent. quite frankly its scummy play under pressure, and even if it weren't its unhelpful play. That being said, my vote can easily sway to foolinc, bumping skruffs down slightly. [ b ] vote: Skruffs[/b ], foolinc, [ Talitha Adele, MgM], [pooky ] [ errrryone else ] [ Mr. Grey, No lynches]

Yep CES, is he ever OMGUSsy...

(refering to 774)
-Skruffs I don't think you are scum with Thesp. I think you are scum, and your relationship with Thesp must be observed.
-I focus on town powers because I'm town. I assume thats why you focus on mafia powers. or SKs who try to look like Vig powers.

You continue to make completely incorrect scenarios that *might* imply you to be scum but because these scenarios are so follic you denounce them, and in so doing so try to denounce that you are scum, but then avoid *real* cases that people have on you.

MGM and the doctor situation is wholly uninteresting to me. It'd be a good chance for someone (LML) to act town, but since I don't really feel LML is acting, or isn't town, I don't really consider it revealing of much useful.

The non-rational part of me feels Skruffs should have a mix between BJ's Title, and the unclaimed, pain in the ass to play with. He basically is outbursting at anyone who even says his name and doesn't associate it with 100% innocent. quite frankly its scummy play under pressure, and even if it weren't its unhelpful play.

That being said, my vote can easily sway to foolinc, bumping skruffs down slightly.

vote: Skruffs
, foolinc, [Talitha Adele, MgM],[pooky] [errrryone else] [Mr. Grey, No Lynch]
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:35 am

Post by logicticus »

It disturbs me over the last couple of pages how much Skruffs is interrogating people who are voting him while he has such few votes.

I understand when you are close to being lynched (esp day 1 bandwagon), but when you arent even a leading suspect in most peoples eyes it just looks scummy to make people validate their votes on you constantly.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Zindaras »

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and noone's going to replace me now.

Okay, well, it's not a beautiful day, the sun isn't shining at all, and I'm not feeling
that
good either, but at least I'm not getting replaced.

Right?

Mucho posto tomorro.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Thesp »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:just now, I actually googled for the term dochunting
FOS: Dragon Phoenix
for searching for how to hunt doctors. >:-|
foolinc wrote:Thesp: Could you expand on why you are enjoying the Adele hate?
Sure. I think it's right.

I'm also beginning to suspect that Dani Banani was asking about the secret word like he was to test the waters and see if
everyone
had a secret word. I think he was more worried about
his own
than Mgm's. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him swing, either. Heck, can we lynch four people today? We might be able to win today, and not worry about silly nightactions.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Gaspar »

....obligatory post by Glork.

I'm still okay with the pressure on Foolinc, Mgm, and Adele. I will also concede that Dani's mentioning of the Secret Words is a bit odd, but I maintain that the rest of his play seems pretty reasonable.

I expect the people who have bee making useless check-in posts to actually contribute something substantial very soon. Making posts like the one Zindaras just made is really nothing more than mere lurking, and it does bother me somewhat, and it makes me wonder if there are scums riding out the day to see what happens.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:I will also concede that Dani's mentioning of the Secret Words is a bit odd, but I maintain that the rest of his play seems pretty reasonable.
I maintain you're wrong.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Gaspar »

*pats Thesp's head condescendingly*

It's okay to be imperfect, Thesp. Even I was imperfect once.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Incidentally, Thesp, could you articulate your suspicion of Dani? A brief skim doesn't turn up very much, and I'm not seeing the "case" against him.

Thanks in advance.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:*pats Thesp's head condescendingly*
I suppose PJ would have it best here - *bites*

;)

Re: DB, Threatening Talitha, stays away from taking stances, takes the easy bandwagons, tries to see about secret words in a way that suggests he's trying to find out more than Mgm's secret word - that's what seems to be pretty odd to me. I'm curious as to what about his play seems "reasonable" to you.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Not sure whether I will have much time to get on this weekend, so anotrher quick post. For the time being, nothing much has changed. I don;t think I ever played with Skruffs, but according to some of the posts, those who did, have similar reactions to him as I did. I read that as scummy yesterday, but if he always plays like this, I am comfortable with the way he ranks in my condorcet right now.
Dani Banani
Dani Banani
Townie
Dani Banani
Townie
Townie

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Dani Banani »

seeing as i don't know how the secret word works, i thought there was a possibility certain people (such as Mgm) would be able to be cleared by revealing what they were... you are partially correct, Thesp, in that i was testing the waters to see how many people had secret words, but you are incorrect in thinking i was worried about myself... as i said earlier, i thought i might be able to clear him... it was a gambit of sorts, and for some odd reason it's seemed to put me under suspicion... i don't have anything to hide including the fact that i have a secret word...

@Mgm,
you've said you've already included it in your posts, so i don't think it's necessary at this point... for right now, i'm going to assume the secret word means absolutely nothing...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

Dani, you only responded to one of Thesp's suspicions. What do you think of the other suspicions against you? I am a little surprised you didnt say anything about the supposedly threatening post towards me...

When I get around to posting a new condorcet list I am going to move Dani back up into 1st or 2nd as (from memory) I put Adele above Dani, but I've never played with Adele before and a lot of my suspicion on her has come from other people's opinions.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Foolinc, I'm voting you because I didn't like your comment about the softclaiming and some other reason that I don't remember currently but I'll get back to you on when I remember it.

I don't like MGM's justification of the doctor being able to "possibly blend in" with the crowd with his own justification for obv reasons.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by Mgm »

I'm also beginning to suspect that Dani Banani was asking about the secret word like he was to test the waters and see if everyone had a secret word. I think he was more worried about his own than Mgm's. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him swing, either. Heck, can we lynch four people today? We might be able to win today, and not worry about silly nightactions.
He obviously had a secret word. It's quite hard to be the first to ask about them if you don't know they exist...
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Mgm »

Dani Banani wrote:@Mgm,
you've said you've already included it in your posts, so i don't think it's necessary at this point... for right now, i'm going to assume the secret word means absolutely nothing...
I think you're mixing me up with LML.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Fearless Forecast:

Beat Big, Bet Now! Find a Bookie Today!

Michigan is going to beat Penn State, 31-17.

The New York Yankees will win the World Series, overall Yankees record during the postseason:
11-4.

Team USA will dominate England, 2-0 but nobody will be watching or care.

NBA Finals Champs 2008 will be:

Dallas Mavericks.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Thesp »

Mgm wrote:
I'm also beginning to suspect that Dani Banani was asking about the secret word like he was to test the waters and see if everyone had a secret word. I think he was more worried about his own than Mgm's. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him swing, either. Heck, can we lynch four people today? We might be able to win today, and not worry about silly nightactions.
He obviously had a secret word. It's quite hard to be the first to ask about them if you don't know they exist...
Yes, I agree. I think he was worried that
only scum had them
, and was trying to test the waters in a way that could be explained away, should it turn out that town didn't have them.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:NBA Finals Champs 2008 will be:

Dallas Mavericks.
I sure hope so. I'm still devastated after last season. :(
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Zindaras »

IH wrote:I don't like how Logictus figured out MGM's claim 8 minutes after he posted.
This is an odd post. Why wouldn't someone be able to do it in 8 minutes? I think it could be done in even less. This looks like reaching.
foolinc wrote:Speaking of Mgm, I've taken a look at jeep's and xyzzy's posts and discovered that mgm, PlaysWithSquirrels (who was replaced by Gaspar), LoudMouthLee, and Skruffs are common votes between both players. There has to be a reason that both were nightkilled instead of scum attempting to get the town to lynch them.
Nightkill discussion is inherently WIFOM. Drawing conclusions from it is very much scummy. Also, note that while BM makes a reasonable amount of sense as Mafia kill, I doubt it very much that xyzzy was killed by scum (barring scum setting up for a Vig claim).
LoudmouthLee wrote:I, too, have a secret word. I used it twice yesterday. I don't know what, if anything, happened with it. I had asked the mod what it does and if everyone has one (like Verbose). Mr. Grey put on his charms and told me that he couldn't answer either of those questions.
Wait, everyone had a secret word in Verbose? Were they relevant in that game?

Gaspar's 763 is really good, points out a lot of flaws in foolinc's post. DP's 764 needs to be looked at again later. Especially his analysis of Adele (little to go on) seems somewhat odd. Adele's QFT'ing of IH's "8-minute" stuff is very disconcerting.
foolinc wrote:Your right, he most likely would have been the lynch of day 2, maybe even a quick lynch. Isn't there a possiblity that the mafia would set up someone to be that guy? I'm still not quite sure that the poisoning (or whatever sort of attack caused a delayed heart attack) of Xyzzy was done by a vig either. Call it gut, but even though the game is only loosely based on The Count of Monte Cristo, with the way Xyzzy died that I think their is a serial killer in the game (I guess a second family that uses poison could also be a possiblity as well).
Why would the poison have to be because of a Serial Killer?

I don't think a second Mafia would kill xyzzy. That's a silly idea. Xyzzy was a fairly likely lynch. His death was either caused by a vig or someone who's trying to look like a vig. And Mafias don't use their kills like a Vig, period. Foolinc also does a 180 on Gaspar. I agree with Lee that Mgm's post regarding the doc is rather scummy and odd, but I don't think it's as blatant as Lee would like us to think.

Mgm has not explained why I moved up on his list, so I'm going to move him up on mine until he does.

Looking through Skruffs's list, I have been on the following positions:

Day One: 2-18 (shared with 2 others)-17 (shared with 3 others)-6 (shared with 15 others)-13 (shared with 8 others)-8 (shared with 12 others)
Day Two: 2 (shared with 15 others)-4 (shared with 13 others)-5 (shared with 12 others)-6 (shared with 3 others).

There is no mention of me between the sudden shift upwards. I've been pretty far down on his list for most of the game, so I don't understand why I've suddenly gone up.

Vote: Mgm
, [Adele, foolinc], [IH, Skruffs], [Dani Banani, Talitha, Thesp, Tamuz, Cogito Ergo Sum], [VitaminR, logicticus, Gaspar, Dragon Phoenix, PookyTheMagicalBear], LoudmouthLee, No Lynch, Zindaras
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Thesp »

Zindaras wrote:Nightkill discussion is inherently WIFOM. Drawing conclusions from it is very much scummy.
Is nightkill discussion inherently not useful?
Zindaras wrote:I agree with Lee that Mgm's post regarding the doc is rather scummy and odd, but I don't think it's as blatant as Lee would like us to think.
Do you think LmL has ulterior motives in pushing the Mgm wagon?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”