Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #19

Mastermind of Sin[4](White, tyhess, Trojan Horse, Oman)
tyhess[3](ac1983fan, Flameaxe, Mastermind of Sin)
ac1983fan[1](theopor_COD)
theopor_COD[1](vollkan)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)

Not Voting[2](curiouskarmadog, pwayne66)

This is true. However, you aren't even voting me at the moment, are you? My votes are White, Tyhess, Trojan, and Oman, and none of them have even said anything about a claim. White and Tyhess in particular have been so certain that I am scum, yet neither of them took the obvious step to ask for a claim. This does not bode well for them being protown.

I also need to take a look at Oman's posts. I would recommend that other people do so as well. From what I can recall, he's done a lot of jumping off and on my wagon on a whim, but I need to double-check this. If someone could corroborate this for me, that'd be appreciated.
Permanent V/LA.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by vollkan »

MoS wrote: This is true. However, you aren't even voting me at the moment, are you?
No. I am not. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't ask for a claim when the time is appropriate though.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Of course. I'm just saying, I don't really fault you for not asking for one yet. The people who were voting me don't have that excuse. Trojan Horse and Oman put me at -1 with barely a reason mentioned, and they didn't even ask for a claim. pwayne, Tyhess, and White have been on me for a long time and didn't say anything about a claim, even after I was at -1. All of that seems suspect. The fact that you haven't yet asked for a claim isn't suspicious. I could make other arguments for you being suspicious, but that's not one of them.
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

As far as the claiming before lynch thing, MoS, remember that this is a different kind of game. If you're a plain townie, then your claiming that doesn't do us any good, as has been discussed. We'd really have no choice but to lynch you at that point; from our point of view, either we'd then be down one scum, or we'd deny the cult an easy recruit. And if you are a protown power role... well, I'm sure you would come forward right before your lynch and make the claim, regardless of whether we asked for it. So I didn't think of pushing for a claim.

Anyway,
Unvote
for now so I can think, and also to give our replacement for acfan some time to weigh in.

Finally, what's this about -1? I never saw more than 5 votes on MoS at any one time. Did I miscount?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by vollkan »

Trojan wrote: Finally, what's this about -1? I never saw more than 5 votes on MoS at any one time. Did I miscount?
You're right, there were only 5 votes. I was getting mixed up with one of my other games where 6 were needed.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:07 pm

See, I disagree with your game theory, Trojan Horse.

First off, if I claimed townie or whatever, I wouldn't be an easy recruit for the cult. They could recruit me at night, but I'm under so much suspicion that I'm not likely to live for long even if I make it through today.

Secondly I, as a power role that might claim eventually, am not even sure if I wouldn't just claim townie. That's something I have debated back and forth. If I claim townie and live the cult might try to recruit me and fail. However if I claim townie we're left with my first point which is that I would be a bad recruit for the cult in the first place. If I claimed townie I wouldn't be a target for the mafia to kill therefore allowing me to keep my role alive and put it to good use.

Hmm, might've been 5. I was just going off what Vollkan said. L-2 is still more than enough to be asking for a claim, especially with Vollkan suspicious of me as well.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by Oman »

MoS wrote:
Oman wrote:
Vote MoS
I'm going with Trojan Horse here, that last vote was obviously a joke about theo thinking I'm scum or something and then saying "but thats probably just OMGUS".

I don't know MoS, can we stop this game and get back to the scumhunting.
What was obvious about it? Trojan Horse may have put a non-serious expression to it, but it was not the first time something like that had been said. I felt that some pressure should be applied, because statements like that are just appeals to emotion, and they can subconsciously get people to lean towards not voting the person. Better curbed now than let it continue.

Unvote
Unvote
A rational explaination, doesn't sound like backpedaling to me.

This argument is interesting, cause it feels like there is at least 1 scum of Vollkan, Pwayne, MoS, but I don't know who.

About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything, I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them. Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Whether or not there is a lot of value in claims, lynching without a claim at all is ludicrous.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Oman wrote:
About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything, I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them. Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
then way would you ask for a claim if MoS ever got to -1 if you would disregard it anyway?

and where exactly did the -1 conversation come up....I remember reading it and suddenly MoS was at -1 (and I thought "what, going to have to count that")...I have caught up to find that it was screwed up somewhere, now I read back I cant find the first mention of MoS being at -1. Also the flurry of unvotes look sort of suspicious too..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Oman »

Wait, mos is at -1?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:33 am

Oman wrote:Wait, mos is at -1?
no he wasnt, but if you have been following the conversation for the past couple of days..you know he thought he was.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:38 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: and where exactly did the -1 conversation come up....I remember reading it and suddenly MoS was at -1 (and I thought "what, going to have to count that")...I have caught up to find that it was screwed up somewhere, now I read back I cant find the first mention of MoS being at -1. Also the flurry of unvotes look sort of suspicious too..
It was my mistake. I said
Vollkan in #459 wrote: By my count, MoS is at L-1. He shows no signs of making any contribution now that he has placed himself into this "I'll act scummy to attack my wagoners" thing because he sees that as his great contribution. And his posts are definitely beginning to take on a veneer of defensiveness (inc. swearing)
It is rather interesting about the "flurry" of unvotes that followed me making that blunder though.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:39 am

Post by Oman »

I have been, but only Vollkan said he was at -1, and I never trust player vote counts (if not scum they could just make a mistake)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:48 am

Oman wrote:I have been, but only Vollkan said he was at -1, and I never trust player vote counts (if not scum they could just make a mistake)
now answer my question
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:49 am

Post by Oman »

CKD wrote:then way would you ask for a claim if MoS ever got to -1 if you would disregard it anyway
I'm sorry...where did I say this? Please quote the post and/or highlight the sentence.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:51 am

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: I'm sorry...where did I say this? Please quote the post and/or highlight the sentence.
Here.
Oman wrote: About the claim situation MoS,
I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1
, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything, I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:52 am

why are you suddenly being ridiculous? you just posted it
Oman wrote:

About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything,
I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:52 am

Post by Oman »

Yeah, but I never said I'd disregard it.

I said I wouldn't take it too seriously and then I said I would take it at face value.

I'm still going to read and ponder.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:55 am

What? Now you are backtracking and lying..over this?..why?
Oman wrote:Yeah, but I never said I'd disregard it.

I said I wouldn't take it too seriously and then
I said I would take it at face value.

I'm still going to read and ponder.
Oman wrote:

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them.
Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Oman »

Sorry, should be not take it on face value. I'm tired and have been drinking, so my typing is rather erratic.

The sentence is contradictary without that not anyway.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:57 am

well, then answer the first question..if you werent going to take the claim seriously or at face value...why would you ask MoS to claim if he got to -1?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:59 am

Post by vollkan »

Haven't we just gone round in circles then?

CKD asks Oman why he asked for a claim if he was not going to take it seriously, Oman challenges to know where he said this, challenge is met, Oman then says he was not going to take it seriously

Oman,
If you were not going to take it seriously, why did you ask?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:00 am

Post by vollkan »

Edit: should be why
would
you ask
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:00 am

Post by Oman »

Umm I would still take it seriously, just not tooooooooo seriously. I.e. A doc claim would not have the instant unvote power and a banillia claim would be WIFOMed and considered to death before i acted either way. I would sitll consider, they just wouldn't be the be all and end all of the argument.

Ya, and just in case i missed one...NOT
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:10 am

Now I think about it…I don’t understand this post at all
Oman wrote:
Unvote
A rational explaination, doesn't sound like backpedaling to me.

This argument is interesting, cause it feels like there is at least 1 scum of Vollkan, Pwayne, MoS, but I don't know who.

Why are you unvoting MoS? What changed versus your original argument against him. Seems like you are covering all of your basis here…why do you think vollkan or pwayne might be scummy?

If you are not going to take a claim at face value, then there is no point in asking for one. IF someone is at –1 and claims doctor…you unvote (just in case) for discussion…I cant think of any situation where you would not unvote. Seems to me, that you want cover why you haven’t asked MoS for a claim yet…but, push that the claim really wont matter to you anyway..this doesnt sound very protown to me.

Now YOU are backpedaling …
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”