Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1499, Sensei wrote:
yosarian wrote:Also less confident about CC then i was a few pages ago. His attempt to manipulate Drixx into not giving me rings, even though CC never actually has said anything about my alignment at all, seems scummy.

Yea. And I also find it weird how cerb somehow can't give reads just cuz his hydra partner isn't around.

To the multiple people townreading cucumbers. Why?

Lowkey and Cucumbers have both posted pro-town content and are in good standing, but I trust my ability to read Cool Cucumbers more.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Sensei »

What did you think of hiplops metacase thingy on them earlier?

Looking back at it now (their wall in response to mollie) it looked like going above and beyond the call of duty pretty hard.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm

When did hiplop join this game...?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

To me their motives are obviously pro-town, even if their play isn't the best.

Also, if you want a good town play compared to scum play by me, compare Antihero v. Fakegod or Fire and Ice (I don't remember number, but most recent playing, more aggressive play by me than AvF) to the recently completed Metal Gear Solid (I'd suggest days 3 through 4, as 1 and 2 I was still noobish and 5 and onward was super dead.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Oh spifflop. Well that was early game, I don't think it's so relevant anymore.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 1504, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oh spifflop. Well that was early game, I don't think it's so relevant anymore.

...What do you mean it's not relevant anymore?

It's a read conftown looked like they felt pretty strongly about that's starting to resonate with me. It's pretty relevant.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Not much had happened up to that point. They were still a null read for me. I doubt they did anything scummy enough to compromise the slot at that early stage.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 1503, DiamondSentinel wrote:To me their motives are obviously pro-town, even if their play isn't the best.

Also, if you want a good town play compared to scum play by me, compare Antihero v. Fakegod or Fire and Ice (I don't remember number, but most recent playing, more aggressive play by me than AvF) to the recently completed Metal Gear Solid (I'd suggest days 3 through 4, as 1 and 2 I was still noobish and 5 and onward was super dead.

Is the first line talking about cucumbers? If so please elaborate.

And do you always just randomly provide meta?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm

In post 1507, Sensei wrote:
In post 1503, DiamondSentinel wrote:To me their motives are obviously pro-town, even if their play isn't the best.

The first line was, and I'm on mobile so I don't care to elaborate on this.

As for the second question, this is my first scum game. Everyone always complains about how the fact that I act like my town meta means nothing with no completed scum games, so now I'm debunking that.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 1310, Drunken Pirates wrote:If RaL claims the names of the confirmed town in the thread, those possessing the names would be forced to claim, even if otherwise disadvantageous to do so. The reason being is that we have no way of knowing if scum have a janitor. If the slots didn't claim and scum shot and janitored those slots, the fake claim would allow them to coast to victory. We should not depend on getting lucky in scum shooting a mason lover and the other mason lover flipping like in Stevens Universe.
There seem to be three possibilities;
A. Nothing is revealed today. The risk: RL are killed/janitor'd tonight - we lose the information.

B. Flavor names are revealed, but the players don't claim until a day or two from now. The risk: confirmed townies are killed/janitor'd before claiming and scum decide to fake claim.

C. The 'confirmed townies' are revealed today. The risk: confirmed townies are made known to the scum, they could be killed.

I could be overlooking something, but option B seems best. Scum wouldn't know who the confirmed townies are but they do now know that RL has the information that confirms them (if RL's town), so the risk for B seems smaller than the risk for A (it's easier to kill a role that's publicly claimed than it is to kill two hidden roles). Also: the risk for B is only a problem if scum have a janitor ability that they use during one of the first few nights - and we will see/know if they use it - if they don't, then we can trust the people that claim in thread. For what it's worth, I think option A is worse than option C as well: I'd rather have two vulnerable confirmed townies than potentially lose the information that confirms them.

Thoughts?

Next: providing my reads, as requested
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Fluminator »

DiamondSentinel wrote:

As for the second question, this is my first scum game. Everyone always complains about how the fact that I act like my town meta means nothing with no completed scum games, so now I'm debunking that.
For a second I thought you were claiming scum lol.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 1502, Albert B. Rampage wrote:When did hiplop join this game...?

tell me how that is remotely important?

I mean what is the net worth of info finding that you are trying to find here.

in other newz, I think I hate every1 except titus. and some other pple.

this is a new and interesting way to scumhunt I will be composing a list of pple I hate and pple I don't.

no1 shld ever try to be on any list ever.

I asked titus to create a scum!gif of abr cos I thought it wld be funny.

guess what came up!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:53 pm

In post 1510, Fluminator wrote:
DiamondSentinel wrote:

For a second I thought you were claiming scum lol.

Lolyeah no. You all know how much I
love
playing town, so much so that I'd game throw any scum game, but alas, I am not scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:54 pm

@wicked you still haven't answered my question about the Adventuring Crew list.
“Why was I chosen?'
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Fluminator »

What are you talking about Mollie? Am I missing something?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 1513, DiamondSentinel wrote:@wicked you still haven't answered my question about the Adventuring Crew list.

See this;
In post 1509, Wickedestjr wrote:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 1310, Drunken Pirates wrote:If RaL claims the names of the confirmed town in the thread, those possessing the names would be forced to claim, even if otherwise disadvantageous to do so. The reason being is that we have no way of knowing if scum have a janitor. If the slots didn't claim and scum shot and janitored those slots, the fake claim would allow them to coast to victory. We should not depend on getting lucky in scum shooting a mason lover and the other mason lover flipping like in Stevens Universe.
There seem to be three possibilities;
A. Nothing is revealed today. The risk: RL are killed/janitor'd tonight - we lose the information.

B. Flavor names are revealed, but the players don't claim until a day or two from now. The risk: confirmed townies are killed/janitor'd before claiming and scum decide to fake claim.

C. The 'confirmed townies' are revealed today. The risk: confirmed townies are made known to the scum, they could be killed.

I could be overlooking something, but option B seems best. Scum wouldn't know who the confirmed townies are but they do now know that RL has the information that confirms them (if RL's town), so the risk for B seems smaller than the risk for A (it's easier to kill a role that's publicly claimed than it is to kill two hidden roles). Also: the risk for B is only a problem if scum have a janitor ability that they use during one of the first few nights - and we will see/know if they use it - if they don't, then we can trust the people that claim in thread. For what it's worth, I think option A is worse than option C as well: I'd rather have two vulnerable confirmed townies than potentially lose the information that confirms them.

Thoughts?

I thought that we were trying to get them into an all town adventure so that scum would be cut off from the info altogether.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm

In post 1515, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 1513, DiamondSentinel wrote:@wicked you still haven't answered my question about the Adventuring Crew list.

See this;

Ok. I didn't know the 2 were equivalent for you.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Sensei »

Suppose that's just wishful thinking but we can definitely try!
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1499, Sensei wrote:
yosarian wrote:Also less confident about CC then i was a few pages ago. His attempt to manipulate Drixx into not giving me rings, even though CC never actually has said anything about my alignment at all, seems scummy.

Yea. And I also find it weird how cerb somehow can't give reads just cuz his hydra partner isn't around.

To the multiple people townreading cucumbers. Why?

*points at CC's early game*
*shrugs*

In post 1497, Sensei wrote:K. So I'm thinking secret voter. Probs a scummy thing.

And the fact they decided to park and not join either top wagon to try and throw doubt on it is a thing.

Scum might be comfortable right now.

*nods contemplatively*

In post 1511, Drunken Pirates wrote:I think I hate every1 except titus.

*single tear runs down cheek*
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm

In post 1518, Sensei wrote:Suppose that's just wishful thinking but we can definitely try!

I would say that's a decent idea, but I'm thinking anyone in the null to (possibly) null-scum would work just fine as well, and potentially use the PC to work some things out.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Sensei »

What's PC?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 1511, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 1502, Albert B. Rampage wrote:When did hiplop join this game...?

tell me how that is remotely important?

I mean what is the net worth of info finding that you are trying to find here.

in other newz, I think I hate every1 except titus. and some other pple.

this is a new and interesting way to scumhunt I will be composing a list of pple I hate and pple I don't.

no1 shld ever try to be on any list ever.

I asked titus to create a scum!gif of abr cos I thought it wld be funny.

guess what came up!

Anymore passive aggressiveness addressed to me from you will be construed as harassment. Stop now.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:07 pm

In post 1521, Sensei wrote:What's PC?

Private chat
“Why was I chosen?'
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Sensei »

If I was looking for a party...

drixx/yos/rylai/zzzx/diamond

would be a solid one

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”