Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 1119, Skybird wrote:
In post 799, Varsoon wrote:
There are four races in SaGa Frontier and each have different mechanics the govern how they level up and fight.
Humans gain stat points relevant to what they did in combat; they can also 'spark' new techniques in the middle of battle!
Robots gain stats depending on the quality of gear they have equipped; they can download new 'programs' from defeated mecs.
Monsters absorb other monsters to learn their abilities and transform into new forms that influence their stats.
Mystics entrap the souls of slain enemies into their equipment; this gives them unique moves and stat increases.

Varsoon, are all characters in this game human?

I can answer that!

the answer is no!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Mystics aren't human, and there are robots, so...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Skybird can you do a reads list?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:50 pm

In post 1123, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm doing the reads list now.

That's not lurking, that's me going through the ISOs.

Doing a reads is isn't scummy, is it?

Stop focusing on perception. Give the unvarnished truth in your list.

Lists aren't scummy. It's the content or lack thereof that is scummy.

~Titus
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Skybird »

ABR, I'm working on that right now.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:37 pm

In post 1127, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Skybird can you do a reads list?

How about you cough up one of your own, since you are wanting to be the Main Character. Reasons would be a plus.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Skybird »

UNVOTE:

This is not complete, but I'm running out of time.

Reads list:

Diamond Sentinel – He is all over the place with his posting. He also posts that he is unreliable (313), looks for advice from several other players and generally puts down his reads lists. It all looks like someone who is trying to set up explanations for being on mislynches. (“I told you guys on D1 I suck”) In his other games I’ve had with him he has been more confident so that makes all of his “I suck” comments so weird. He also calls DP scum in post 782 but never votes them. He votes ABR in 829. When ABR gains traction as MC, he starts promising ABR his vote for MC if ABR includes him in the party. Why does he want to go on an adventure with a scum read? That doesn’t make sense to me. Lean scum.

Rylai & Lina – Their early posts were OK. I still don’t like the way they seem to be saying that all main characters are going to be town. (post 662, 711) I seriously doubt that Varsoon would do that. It would make the game breakable. But I saw a couple of things in their posts that make me think they are town. Lean town.

ABR – I don’t have a lot of experience with him. I like the fact that he took time to interact with me instead of just talking about me. Through that conversation I'm more comfortable thinking he is town. Lean town.

ZZZX – Posted a bunch at the start of the game but hasn’t posted much since. His posts don’t hit me one way or the other. I’m not concerned about him right now though. Null.

Cool Cucumbers – I don’t have a lot in my notes yet about them other than they feel town. lean town.

Klingoncelt – She hasn’t posted much due to being under the weather. Null for now.

Drunken Pirates (Titus & Pirate Mollie) – gut feel is they are town.

Fluminator – my issues with him have already been posted in-thread. Lean scum.

Yimmy – he’s in this game? Null

MaxwellPuckett – I’m not seeing the scum-read on her. Lean town.

I'm leaning scum on both DS and Fluminator. Will probably be voting one of them soon.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I'm too high to post right now, and my morning is occupied. I WILL have thoughts about what's going down.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 945, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Cooldog vote me for MC. I got you on my ticket.

ohh, swag, this motivated me to read my role pm past alignment.

In post 948, Albert B. Rampage wrote:@Rylai and Cooldog

Can you guys play nice in the neighborhood if we're on the adventure together?

I guess... depends on flips and shit later, but maybe. I'd have to think about it sober.
In post 961, DiamondSentinel wrote:@CoolDoG Nice misrep. I didn't lynch to defend. I lynched because his scumminess was overwhelming. Start actually reading.

bullshit. I'm on to you.

Also, I don't know how abr is pulling of pushing an inflammatory wagon and getting mc votes. Not sure if good player or, somehow, odd.

that's all I can get through tonight.
after a wank.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

@Skybird You have been in 1 game with me and it's unfinished. So that meta-read is even more bullshit than usual.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:03 pm

In post 1133, CooLDoG wrote:Also, I don't know how abr is pulling of pushing an inflammatory wagon and getting mc votes. Not sure if good player or, somehow, odd.

I AM WONDERING THE SAME THING!!!!

what is depressing is that dgb is voting for him after I spent an hour on the phone trying to convince titus to lay off of her. but putting some1 who is nakedly campaigning to be the mc while nakedly stating that he is emotionally compromised is pretty bad logic. and it makes me sad about dgb. :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1135, Drunken Pirates wrote:what is depressing is that dgb is voting for him after I spent an hour on the phone trying to convince titus to lay off of her. but putting some1 who is nakedly campaigning to be the mc while nakedly stating that he is emotionally compromised is pretty bad logic. and it makes me sad about dgb.

It'll be fuuuuuuuuuuun!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:15 pm

In post 1136, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1135, Drunken Pirates wrote:what is depressing is that dgb is voting for him after I spent an hour on the phone trying to convince titus to lay off of her. but putting some1 who is nakedly campaigning to be the mc while nakedly stating that he is emotionally compromised is pretty bad logic. and it makes me sad about dgb.

It'll be fuuuuuuuuuuun!

only if I have crayons. will there be crayons? and a colouring book.

then it will be fun.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1135, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 1133, CooLDoG wrote:Also, I don't know how abr is pulling of pushing an inflammatory wagon and getting mc votes. Not sure if good player or, somehow, odd.

I AM WONDERING THE SAME THING!!!!

what is depressing is that dgb is voting for him after I spent an hour on the phone trying to convince titus to lay off of her. but putting some1 who is nakedly campaigning to be the mc while nakedly stating that he is emotionally compromised is pretty bad logic. and it makes me sad about dgb. :(

Well, BOTH of the MC wagons have been built on someone campaigning for it, and someone who wasn't exactly the best choice. First a lurker, then someone "emotionally compromised"
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

Sunday night DnD is done. Wasn't super fun. Lots of pages to read.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Sorry I've been away today. Sunday's are quite busy. I'll be back in the groove soon.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

Okay. I read the pages. I think I'll go with:

VOTE: DGB

MC: Drixx

Despite assertions to the contrary, I did already lay out what I planned to do. Caretake the spot until we get someone who is as obviously townie as possible to take over the reigns. I would bring my strongest town reads into the party, pending a town block forming that would then be the best way to handle that mechanically. Remember, the MC doesn't necessarily take the rewards. Also, if my best town reads from today were to be bad and if the party had a couple scum in it and they killed me, it's not a gigantic utility loss, plus me dying would confirm scum in party, so there's that.

It would be super cool to leave the shouting matches behind and sort out the mechanical stuff and then actually push people and try and find scum. I realize I posted about the mechanics yesterday, and while I feel like it's worth taking the time to try and keep the whole set of mechanics in town's hands ... it won't mean anything if we go adventuring and get a bunch of extra stuff but lose because we mislynch every day. Need a bit more balance.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 935, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Hi. My MC vote is for sale. If I don't think you're scum, and wgeurts doesn't disagree, and you take me on a single adventure, I will support your campaign.

Just one guys. Cuz it'll be fun.

Anyways, I have more time too now, so I read the last buncha pages, two things in particular jumped at me (well, more than that, but two things I actually noted in our hydra pt and then figured hey, why not just tell the whole game?

Pretty sure I can quote from my hydra pt because I've, like, done basically that before, but I'm going to just remove the quote tags. Just in case!!

Catching up on what's happened since I slept now. Drixx just said ( 6 pages back) that all he can see is defensive but nothing scummy from the Rylan slot, but whIle interacting with ABR earlier he said he was 90% of the way to agreeing with him about the Rylan slot....and ABR waa pushing that it was scum. That is weird.

Mechanically it seems unlikely Drixx is scum, but, umm. Explain the above Drixx.
How did you go from 90% agreeing with ABR to determining that everything was defensive and nothing was scummy?

Idk why ABR is suggesting we get the information Rylai has about confirmed town characters. All scum need to have us a janitor, and if they kill one of those people with a janitor kill and then Rylan flips town they have a nearly ironclad free trip to the endgame. There will be Wifom sure, but they'll only be considered as a lynch in lylo. :/

And ABR, WTF? I get that the information might be lost, BUT if the information is part of their role card (confirm that rylai), then I would expect it to be shared with town when they flip. If it won't be, your concern is valid....but umm...what do we do if we end up with janitored kills and people claiming the roles a town flipped Rylai named as town? I get that it's a moderately improbable scenario, but what you're suggesting can give scum another tool. :/

Hmm. Maybe I'm over thinking this. If we have agreement from the entire game that the individuals rylai knows are guaranteed town are going to claim roles today if rylai names them, then I think they should share who they are. Since everyone is alive, scum will be unable to fake claim them because said characters will be here to counterclaim.

Yeah, okay, I like this better now that I think about it. We can't just have her share the information. We need the information shared and a clear x and y are town claim established. Then, IF we lynch her and she flips town, we'll know certain slots are town. If she's scum, we'll have associatives to follow up on.

Sorry ABR. Not as bad if an idea as I thought at first.

Also: ABRs attitude is super antitown, his activity and pushing of people is absolutely super town. However, at this point, because I know Drixx wants to figure us out and will thus take us on an adventure (plus the mechanical unlikely hood of him being scum, his inconsistency on the R&L slot aside ), consider me part of the Drixx for MC lobby, but the polls aren't open yet so I can't vote. :p

Also Varsoon, I haven't said this yet, but it was my first thought: Thanks for making a game where I have to try to be popular to get to do the cool stuff, instead of trying to be unpopular like I normally do. :p

-Cerb

Pedit: OMG ABR WANTS ME TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE WITH HIM SHIT. Okay, ABR is acceptable too. :p

Drixx: bold please, Kthxbye going to sleep now.

-Cerb
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

TOWN

CooLDoG - Dang, he crabby. But he's making more sense than most players.

Skybird

ZZZX

LEAN TOWN

ArchAngel9 - I've played with Town ArchAngel a couple times this looks the same. I never saw her Scum game, but nothing's pinging me here.

DiamondSentinel - He seems to be playing his Town game, I'm not getting any real pings, but I disagree with some of his reads...

Drunken Pirates

Sensei - Who is this guy?

The Cool Cucumbers

NULL

Drixx - Calls himself "pseudo-IC" and normally I'd agree, slot-wise, but he's Towning it up a bit too much, not tons of Scum-hunting going on.

Sharky5x - Funny, those that voted me for lurking never even mentioned this slot... Null until replacement

Wickedestjr - I want to hear more from him.

Yimmy - Lame readslist and 1 other post... I bet this one replaces out...

SCUM

Albert B. Rampage - I've said bunches that his first post nom of DGB for MC was creepy & weird. His obsession with going on adventures - to the point of voting Drixx off - is setting off major alarms. Is there someone in this game that wants to stay at home and gain nothing?

DrippingGoofball - Well, she's cheerful, I'll give her that, but I'm not liking her reads lists or her vote on someone that's been V/LA since the game started.

Fluminator - He reminds me of his play in HU2 - where he was my scumbuddy. And the hammers thing...

Lowkey - Defends Flum, but then votes for a player that's been V/LA.

MaxwellPuckett - In a real hurry to jump on the sick granny's wagon.

Rylai and Lina - Frozen Angel speaks fluent English, I've been in several games with her. This is NOT her Town game, it's her weirdly defensive Scum game. I'm not kidding.

Yosarian2 - Someone else that ignores real lurkers to go after the poor sick granny.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

VOTE: Rylai and Lina

MC: Drunken Pirates
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Yep Klingon is scum.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

No U.
-
MiniDeathStar
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:05 pm

@Diamond Wicked posted yesterday, how is he lurking...?
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1143, Klingoncelt wrote:This is NOT her Town game, it's her weirdly defensive Scum game. I'm not kidding.

Just because you think yoy are not kidding it doesn't make you Any less awfully wrong.

She is a bit hyper defensive because she isn't used to having an important role.

Also her English is not fluent and calling her a lier on that is pretty shitty.
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Not awfully wrong, just scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”