California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch.

foolinc: 4 (Gaspar, LoudmouthLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Skruffs: 3 (Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, Tamuz)
Mgm: 2 (Dani Banani, logicticus)
Adele: 1 (VitaminR)
Dani Banani: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
IH: 1 (Thesp)
logicticus: 1 (Mgm)
LoudmouthLee: 1 (IH)
Tamuz: 1 (Skruffs)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:You think a mafia role blocker would block Skruffs of all players night one? With a claimed investigation role about, which they could not be sure they could kill?
>.<
The mafia KILLED BM. Why would they also waste a block on him?
BM is improving in play over how he used to be but he still has rather bad luck with night actions.

DP & MGM -
Superkills overwhelm doc protection. Why postulate things if you are not going to consider possibilities at all?

Foolinc -
Again, Tamuz voted me for misleading town with a bad role claim, before I had role claimed. He did not say anything about soft claiming until I pointed out that he had no idea what he was talking about and was just trying to pick an easy target.
foolinc wrote: Speaking of Mgm, I've taken a look at jeep's and xyzzy's posts and discovered that mgm, PlaysWithSquirrels (who was replaced by Gaspar), LoudMouthLee, and Skruffs are common votes between both players. There has to be a reason that both were nightkilled instead of scum attempting to get the town to lynch them.

Vote: Skruffs,
[Dani Banani, Gaspar], [PookyTheMagicalBear, IH, Mgm, Talitha, Tamuz ], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, Dragon Phoenix, logicticus, LoudmouthLee, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], no lynch, foolinc
That's the post where you moved me to the front of your list, and your explanation - that BM voted me (which is wrong if you look at BM's attitudes towards me at the end of the day) - does not jive with your new explanation. CAUGHT!

I guess it's possible a town role-blocker may have targeted me, and I won't presume to say I've been at the bottom of everyone's lists.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

unvote

vote : Tamuz
, [IH, CES, Foolinc, Logicticus], [dp, zindaras, adele, MGM], [those not listed], [no lynch]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Skruffs wrote:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:You think a mafia role blocker would block Skruffs of all players night one? With a claimed investigation role about, which they could not be sure they could kill?
>.<
The mafia KILLED BM. Why would they also waste a block on him?
BM is improving in play over how he used to be but he still has rather bad luck with night actions.

DP & MGM -
Superkills overwhelm doc protection. Why postulate things if you are not going to consider possibilities at all?
Who said anything about blocking BM? And WTF is a superkill?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:13 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

A superkill is when more than one group targets a player. For instance, Mafia and SK both killing the same guy.

I'm at a loss for words for why MGM's blatant dochunting is going largely unnoticed.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

First time hear it call that. Never mind.

And in sharing embarassing moments: just now, I actually googled for the term dochunting, as I failed to read it correctly.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

I didn't mean it like that, I meant like how in some games a mafia goon will have a one time super kill that avoids doctor protections and whatnot.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:58 am

Post by IH »

I actually would consider a super kill being from one player, and would classify the mentioned action as "simultaneous".

I'm also unsure if it has been discussed or not, but has anyone thought to try and refute my points about Cubs action? Or even Read it? Any other comments would be appreciative?

Does anyone think anything from the flavor can be gathered from it? The way the duelist action happened where both players received a gun may have actually been the reverse, as only a killer would have known how to use a gun, and Cubs wasn't a killer, so he therefore missed.....

I'm unsure.

So for the moment, while I review and possibly make a better post that has a little more content and isn't so theoretical I will unvote and consider doing a reread.

Unvote
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:07 am

Post by foolinc »

Gaspar wrote:(Glork.)
foolinc wrote:It's not the fact you said you were blocked. It's:
foolinc wrote: I'm not a fan of the soft claim in general because it points out that you are a powerrole which will make you a target of scum, while not giving information to the town.
Erm... this logic is flawed.
1) He might not be power. Though they are relatively rare, there
are
roleblockers whose targets are told that they are blocked, regardless of whether they have an active ability or not.
I didn't really think of that.

2) Unless I am mistaken, your reason for suspicion assumes that Skruffs' claim of "power role" is legit. If you believe that he gave information about his role to the scums, then wouldn't that mean that he's not scum? In contrast, if you believe his scum, why would his claim of "I was roleblocked" have to do with anything? Do you believe that he is scum with power and that he was roleblocked? If so, why would he choose to share that with the town?
I've been trying to answer this question for some time, but the best answer I can give is a less than sound idea, IMO. Skruffs would do so because he, if he was scum, would pretend to be town. In an attempt to gain the trust of the town he shared some information. However, like I have said, a soft claim is scummy in my eyes. This means that scum would be unlikely to make this move unless Skruffs is the poisoner. In this case, since only BM died that night he assumed someone blocked him and posted. The reason he would post would be because the best way to survive as an SK is to pretend to be a vig, which would not only kill someone they voted for, but also probably share that they were roleblocked.

However, this idea is way too complitcated for my liking. The simplest answer is that my logic on the situation was flawed and that Skurffs is really a townie that made a less than omptimal play. I think the timing with his roleblocked claim and Xyzzy's death might have played a part in my views on Skruffs and I "saw" something that wasn't there.

----

Before, I re-evaluate the situation and create a new list. I have a few questions/comments:

Talitha: If your eyes have been glazed over the last couple of pages, how you know whether or not you liked the wagon on me?

Pooky: Any reason for voting for me at all?

Mgm: Mind sharing your reasoning for, as LML puts it, dochunting?

Dani Banani: Like Thesp, I would also like to know What about xyzzy's death makes Mgm the correct play?

IH:

Thesp: Could you expand on why you are enjoying the Adele hate?

Unvote
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:13 am

Post by IH »

curious why my name is up there? o.o;
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:21 am

Post by foolinc »

IH wrote:curious why my name is up there? o.o;
Actually, I was going to comment on your last post, but had to leave the computer lab to get to a class. My bad.

I'm in a class right now on my laptop, so it might be a while till I can comment on it.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:04 am

Post by foolinc »

IH wrote:I actually would consider a super kill being from one player, and would classify the mentioned action as "simultaneous".

I'm also unsure if it has been discussed or not, but has anyone thought to try and refute my points about Cubs action? Or even Read it? Any other comments would be appreciative?

Does anyone think anything from the flavor can be gathered from it? The way the duelist action happened where both players received a gun may have actually been the reverse, as only a killer would have known how to use a gun, and Cubs wasn't a killer, so he therefore missed.....
I'm a bit suspicious on the situation, but there is a lot of possibilities on what really happened.

Possible Reasons for Cubs' weird claim:
1. He didn't think anyone would buy the Kirk claim and using his power claimed CoMC.
2. Mod Bastardary - There is a chance that to use his power (which seemed to be VERY powerful) he had to claim CoMC ala Sparticus.
3. Mod Bastardary - He thought he really was the Count.

However this is really a null point right now because all we have to figure out is whether or not the duel worked the way Cubs thought it would. It's really a weird situation because no matter how scummy Cubs looks with his claim, his WAS a townie.
Dani Banani
Dani Banani
Townie
Dani Banani
Townie
Townie

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Dani Banani »

@DragonPhoenix
the reason i brought up the secret word, is b/c i wanted to gauge how many people had one... i see a couple possibilities... they are completely useless, just random words to make the game more interesting, or they are useful in identifying who is town or scum... based on Talitha's assessment of mith not liking a person to be cleared by their role, i would have to say they're probably useless for the most part...

Unvote:

Vote: Adele
, foolinc, Mgm
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

If someone is a poisoner, they wouldn't expect their target to be dead in the morning... I would think.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Mgm »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Mgm wrote:I´ve seen mafia do stranger things. If they believed the investigator was totally wrong in his suspicions for example, it would be a shame to waste a block on him that could be used against someone else.

I´m more concerned about how scum was able to kill BM without running into a doctor protection.
God.

Since everyone knows I'm not a doctor, I will say this:

PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER MGM.

This seems like blatant doctor rolefishing, and I REALLY dislike it.

His claim seemed fine, but he's acting so scummy, I know not what to do. I feel like moving him up... way way up... on my list again.
I didn't ask a question, so I'm not asking anyone to answer me. Surely we can discuss how BM managed to die without outing the doctor.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm pretty sur someone PM'd Mr. Grey with "Dantees in Fresno night choice" in the subject title and "Kill : BM" in the body. They clicked send, and Mr. Grey posted that BM died.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I didn't ask a question, so I'm not asking anyone to answer me. Surely we can discuss how BM managed to die without outing the doctor.
You're trying to give the scum a crucial advantage in this game.

I'd rather not give the scum the ability to use role speculation against us. As of right now, I would rather assume that there IS NO doctor, and if there is a protection, we get a wonderful surprise. Why give the scum more information? I think this is a pro-scum line of discussion, and I would love for it to be ended.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Mgm »

Both No Doc and Superkills make fine explanations. I don't feel the need to pursue this any further. However, I don't like how you immediately jumped to the conclusion I was fishing.

Dani Banani, do you still want my secret word, or has the discussion of the last few pages changed your mind?
Show
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

Maaaybe the doc didn't believe his claim and targetted someone else.. or (less likely) there are two roleblockers... etc, etc, etc
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 am

Post by IH »

There is always the possibility that

A.There isn't a doc
B.They targetted LML.

Speaking of LML....

LML who did you target last night? If you are looking for a specific person, and you have not found them, the least we can do is stop someone else claiming the said rolename.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Gaspar »

(Glork.)

Oh my god. LmL is exactly right in that we should
ABSOLUTELY NOT
be discussing why BattleMage died last night.

I could think of probably a dozen different possibilities. The fact that people keep coming into the thread and suggesting one or two possibilites gives off an awful lot of info.

Mgm, I came to the same conclusion as LmL: That it seemed like you were fishing. If you're town, you are almost certainly doing the scums' work for them by making people give hints about their roles. If you're scum, I think that you were a bit crude, but you seem to have gotten responses from a few players already... and if you're already going down in flames, I could definitely see you blatantly trying to squeeze information from us. You may not have definitively outed a Doctor, but you have caused players to label themselves as very likely "Not-Doctors," which is just as bad if the scums are looking for a Doc to kill.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Mgm »

Nothing is stopping the doctor from mixing with the crowd and posing alternate possibilities himself. Unless their posts outright say what they did, I don't think they tell much about the poster's role.

Your mileage may vary.

Interesting how a lot of those comments came after I said I wasn't interested in more discussion on the topic.
Show
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Gaspar wrote:(Glork.)

Oh my god. LmL is exactly right in that we should
ABSOLUTELY NOT
be discussing why BattleMage died last night.

I could think of probably a dozen different possibilities. The fact that people keep coming into the thread and suggesting one or two possibilites gives off an awful lot of info.
I agree completely.
Mgm wrote:Nothing is stopping the doctor from mixing with the crowd and posing alternate possibilities himself. Unless their posts outright say what they did, I don't think they tell much about the poster's role.
The danger lies mostly in the fact that we don't know what information the scum have. Someone might say something that looks relatively innocuous now, but that will be, or will later be, significant to scum.

There's just no reason to discuss this now. It doesn't give us any certainty and it distracts from scumhunting.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch.

foolinc: 4 (Gaspar, LoudmouthLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Adele: 2 (Dani Banani, VitaminR)
Skruffs: 2 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Tamuz)
Mgm: 1 (logicticus)
Dani Banani: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
IH: 1 (Thesp)
logicticus: 1 (Mgm)
Tamuz: 1 (Skruffs)

Current Condorcet Winner:
foolinc

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:33 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

My DB vote is getting nowhere fast. Joining the Foolinc wagon, seeing that he is on my likely scum list as well.

Unvote

Vote Foolinc
, Dani Banani, Mgm, Cogito Ergo Sum, [Adele, Gaspar, Pooky, Talitha, Tamuz], [IH, Logisticus, Skruffs, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], LML, DP, no lynch

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”