ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Things of note:
Kscope has 2 items but claims he hasn't received or picked up an item.
Kilroy has 1 item, which he picked up, but claims he did not drop or give away an item.

There are still people who haven't claimed, but I find both Kscope and Kilroy's claims inconsistent with all of those who have claimed up to this point.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Wow, people aren't paying attention. Blight, BM, we're not lynching Ksc0pe. He got his CD from the shop he runs, and he made himself bear bear, because he's the winemaker. YagamiLight has confirmed that the winemaker is the only place to get bear bear. This doesn't preclude the two of them from running a risky scum gambit, but we're not lynching him today.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MoS, I didn't quite understand that either. I read the whole thing with Yag, but was confused by it. Can you point the post where Kscope claimed to have made the bear bear?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I'm Kaith, the Wine Maker. I deal in Wine and run Fye.

[quote="Battle Scum"]is this your pathetic attempt to make it look like we are distancing? lol[/quote]There's no need to help you to suicide, really. You're quite good at doing that yourself usually.[/quote] And my PM ensures me Bear Bear is a Gummy Bear Wine
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Blight »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow, people aren't paying attention. Blight, BM, we're not lynching Ksc0pe. He got his CD from the shop he runs, and he made himself bear bear, because he's the winemaker. YagamiLight has confirmed that the winemaker is the only place to get bear bear. This doesn't preclude the two of them from running a risky scum gambit, but we're not lynching him today.
I just wanted to hear him say it himself, rather than have others provide the answer for him.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I have stated all I will on the item claim. The terms keep changing and if there was discussion before the given terms were set, I would have pointed something out: Mainly that you can possibly derive the store from which your item came from based on what you dropped. I don't want to give that information out to the scum at the current time, it is something I feel the scum could make much more use of then the town.

I'm not sure how the "dead" shops work, but it seems to me those items are not going to be lost forever. Either someone has an ability that lets them loot dead character's stores (which seems like a scummy ability to me, but it could be town), the item rolled for on the list is "dropped" from the store at the beginning of the next day, or people can just choose to steal from the store at will (the doors are open, we can see all the items), I think it is a little crazy to give out that information yet. I would hate to be night killed because some scum wants the items in my store. So I refuse to tell them where I'm from.

As I understand it the point of the item claim is to determine who is holding what. If someone doesn't claim to have picked up what I dropped, I would make a note of it and maybe say something, but I'm sure someone would notice if an item that was on the ground wasn't claimed. I will also definitely claim what item I dropped if someone decides to be a wise guy and claim to have dropped something I actually dropped.

Also, the only reason I even claimed I had nothing was because I in fact have nothing. I don't really think going through with the item claim is a good idea, solely on the principal that the scum could kill someone who has an item they need. If I was actually holding something I would have been a lot more vehement against this item claim, and its possible I might even be so tomorrow. But since people started claiming before we even knew
what
to claim, I'm really unsure on how to proceed at this point.

Some people just "assume" we'll do this everyday, while others think its a one day thing, and while others still don't actually completely agree on the terms that seem to have been pushed forward.

That being said, if everyone else claims what they dropped you can most likely guess what I dropped from what hasn't been claimed.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Carrotcake replaces Aegor who replaced inHimshallibe
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Unvote Vote: BM

For good cause.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:15 pm

Blight, I would've agreed with you if it weren't for the people who had already given him a way out. Now he'll just agree with them, because either it's right and he's town, or it's wrong and he's scum who will lie about it.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm

That being said, I think that Ksc0pe should give the bear bear to someone as a show of good faith.
Permanent V/LA.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Hello everyone.
21 + the odd game rules altogether look pretty intimidating. I am also very very busy this week. Please be patient with my posting, as it would probably take a while for me to even catch up.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow, people aren't paying attention. Blight, BM, we're not lynching Ksc0pe. He got his CD from the shop he runs, and he made himself bear bear, because he's the winemaker. YagamiLight has confirmed that the winemaker is the only place to get bear bear. This doesn't preclude the two of them from running a risky scum gambit, but we're not lynching him today.
Ok. what about Kilroy?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:47 am

Post by IH »

[quote="Blight"]Those who haven't item claimed yet:

1. Battle Mage
2. FlyingFoxBat
3. IH
4. JDodge
5. LoudmouthLee
6. MastermindofSin
7. rolandofthewhite
8. soupfly
9. tautology
10. xyzzy

KaleiÐoscøpe, how'd you get your two items?

[/quote]

Have too.

I have Sourgum, or sourghum. It's the plant.

[quote="Kinetic"]I have stated all I will on the item claim. The terms keep changing and if there was discussion before the given terms were set, I would have pointed something out: Mainly that you can possibly derive the store from which your item came from based on what you dropped. I don't want to give that information out to the scum at the current time, it is something I feel the scum could make much more use of then the town.

[/quote]

Way to keep yourself open to give stuff to your buddy.

[quote="Kinetic"]I'm not sure how the "dead" shops work, but it seems to me those items are not going to be lost forever. Either someone has an ability that lets them loot dead character's stores (which seems like a scummy ability to me, but it could be town), the item rolled for on the list is "dropped" from the store at the beginning of the next day, or people can just choose to steal from the store at will (the doors are open, we can see all the items), I think it is a little crazy to give out that information yet. I would hate to be night killed because some scum wants the items in my store. So I refuse to tell them where I'm from.

[/quote]

Sounds like scum or SK who's trying to avoid being nightkilled. Townies have nothing to fear from a NK.
[quote="Kinetic"]As I understand it the point of the item claim is to determine who is holding what. If someone doesn't claim to have picked up what I dropped, I would make a note of it and maybe say something, but I'm sure someone would notice if an item that was on the ground wasn't claimed. I will also definitely claim what item I dropped if someone decides to be a wise guy and claim to have dropped something I actually dropped.

[/quote]

Which is why no one is going to do that. Counterclaims are way to easy.

[quote="kinetic"]Also, the only reason I even claimed I had nothing was because I in fact have nothing. I don't really think going through with the item claim is a good idea, solely on the principal that the scum could kill someone who has an item they need. If I was actually holding something I would have been a lot more vehement against this item claim, and its possible I might even be so tomorrow. But since people started claiming before we even knew what to claim, I'm really unsure on how to proceed at this point.
[/quote]

FoS:Kinetic
keeping track of the items is a MUCH more important thing than trying to stay alive and treat every item as a power role.

The only thing we have to worry about are people like Fritz who need an item, and could possibly have another win condition.

[quote="Kinetic"]That being said, if everyone else claims what they dropped you can most likely guess what I dropped from what hasn't been claimed.
[/quote]

Which is a good way to oppose a claim, but go dead last in the claim.

[quote="MoS"]That being said, I think that Ksc0pe should give the bear bear to someone as a show of good faith.
[/quote]

I think if he does, either the town should decide who, or decide a list of 3 possible candidates.

I'd like to nominate Ibby personally if we do do this. I figure her clearing Fritz and his item thing is either a gambit or that she's town.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:43 am

Post by ibaesha »

IH wrote:Sounds like scum or SK who's trying to avoid being nightkilled. Townies have nothing to fear from a NK.
*agree*
And since I'm no longer happy with my kscope vote...

unvote, vote Kinetic

I didn't really like his post where he claimed that I said Fritz was lying scum, either. Because I didn't. When I made the post regarding Fritz's claim, I actually felt it was -more- likely that Fritz didn't pay attention to his PMs than that he was lying. If I had truly felt that Fritz was lying, my post would've been accompanied by a vote. Note: it wasn't.

Also, in regards to Kinetic's last post:
I think it's more likely that scum would be trying to figure out who has what stores than town. Because Kinetic is thinking from that perspective, it hints to me that he's possible scum attempting to do just that. People who think like scum, tend to be scum. Just sayin'.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:29 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Vote IH
Any town who reads his last post should see a pretty good reason.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

uhh...I'm not seeing why there yagami.I'm incline to agree with IH and ibby, and will go ahead and
Vote Kinetic
Yo.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Faeren Lord of Carlisle wrote:uhh...I'm not seeing why there yagami.I'm incline to agree with IH and ibby, and will go ahead and
Vote Kinetic
I dont see it either. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Read carefully, if no one sees it soon I'll point it out. For now, I will say this much, it's after his FoS.
-Al Franken-
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Kinetic »

ibaesha wrote:
IH wrote:Sounds like scum or SK who's trying to avoid being nightkilled. Townies have nothing to fear from a NK.
*agree*
And since I'm no longer happy with my kscope vote...

unvote, vote Kinetic

I didn't really like his post where he claimed that I said Fritz was lying scum, either. Because I didn't. When I made the post regarding Fritz's claim, I actually felt it was -more- likely that Fritz didn't pay attention to his PMs than that he was lying. If I had truly felt that Fritz was lying, my post would've been accompanied by a vote. Note: it wasn't.

Also, in regards to Kinetic's last post:
I think it's more likely that scum would be trying to figure out who has what stores than town. Because Kinetic is thinking from that perspective, it hints to me that he's possible scum attempting to do just that. People who think like scum, tend to be scum. Just sayin'.
Well I was kind of half joking about the whole Fritz thing. I kinda thought it was funny since the way he attached himself to you earlier I half thought it might be because he knew about the item. When he claimed he didn't (or at least you pointed out he never said anything) I wanted to see what Fritz/you would do about the increased pressure/attention.

Unvote
, mainly because I've pretty much accomplished what I set out for.

And Ibby, I think about all the possibilities, good and bad, about such a thing that may really effect the town, you know, like a mass item claim. If I felt that I figured something out, I'm going tell the town. I've been mulling it over in my head about why scum might want an item claim, and I've come up with a few reasons (I've mentioned others before). But they're all just speculation. I wish I had more information to go on, or perhaps more discussion, but by the way this went down, and its amazing quickness, I really didn't have much time to think about all the possibilities.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

I think I see why, Yagami, but I don't think it's enough to condemn at this point. As for Kinetic, I see the case on him too, but I don't see a vc in the last 3 pages and I don't have time to go digging for it, so I'll
unvote
for now if I need to. I don't think he's anywhere near a lynch, but I'm not gonna vote for anyone until I get a count.

On a quick side note, Kinetic took the easy way out of the Fritz debate by claiming he was joking and wanted to see a reaction from the miniscule pressure his vote would cause.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 am

Post by IH »

YagamiLight wrote:Vote IH Any town who reads his last post should see a pretty good reason.
Way to shirk responsibility.

Yagami, are you referring to my win condition statement?

If so why do you think this is scummy?

If not, what are you referring too?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Yes IH, and its scummy because if you had a townie pm you would notice you have item goals too. Because of this you would be saying to watch out for all townies because we all have items like that. Also, I wasn't shirking responsibility. I wanted to see how many people noticed it first.
-Al Franken-
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:36 am

Post by IH »

Oh I do have item goals....

Blackberries, painkillers and the sims are on it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ah yes, i didnt actually notice them till now.

Who picked up Survivor?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”