Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Spifflop »

@Max I'm curious as to why you're shutting down everyone scum reading Fluminator.

Are you townreading him?

~Spiffy (the nice head)
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Spifflop »

In post 351, Spifflop wrote:~Spiffy (the nice head)

did you forget I'm a fucking sweetheart

I just had a really fuicking bad day :cry:
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Spifflop »

It's ok lynching scum TCC/Flum will make you feel better :)

~Spiffy
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 350, Spifflop wrote:are you an alt or new player

I don't consider myself a new player, but since you looked at my join date and asked that question, I guess I am.
In post 351, Spifflop wrote:@Max I'm curious as to why you're shutting down everyone scum reading Fluminator.

Are you townreading him?

~Spiffy (the nice head)

You may want to read my posts mentioning Flum again. I first mentioned him when I took issue with Sentinel disliking Skybird's Flum vote. Basically I was wondering what was up with Sentinel's Flum read, and why they were suddenly against votes on that wagon, when it totally makes sense for people to dislike Flum.

Quote where I was shutting down people scum reading Fluminator, because right now I can only make educated guesses and I feel like this way will just be faster.

I'm townleaning him, but my stronger opinions all just involved Fluminator, they weren't about his alignment.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Spifflop »

I'm also unsure about flum being scum. Like, you might be right but it does seem to be one of those situations where hes just talking out of his ass and not playing well lol
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Spifflop »

I'm also unsure about flum being scum. Like, you might be right but it does seem to be one of those situations where hes just talking out of his ass and not playing well lol

max, I don't mean to be rude. Just was wondering.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I may or may not be right, he's not priority, and I don't think a wagon on him would be super productive. That's why he's a lean and not a strong read.

PEDIT: It's fine, I seem to have a knack for catching people on bad days, heh.
Do you have any questions for me? Restate any that you already asked that I missed.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 261, Fluminator wrote:Which head are you LiquidLeoq errr Shiro?
Rylai or Lina?

Already answered Rylai = Frozen Angel / Lina =Shiro

In post 300, Drunken Pirates wrote:The miller hydra is weird. They claim miller modifier. Straight up is that gravedigger, miller, universal miller? Also, why did they only ask Mollie for her meta when there are two heads.

We did. we have a miller modifier.

because I'm "Frozen Angel" and I never played with her before. I played with you Titus! remember me?

going to eat breakfast ... will be here for sharing my couple of reads and notes so far!

~Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

whats a universal miller ? We show "Not town" to everyone ...

~Rylai
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Spifflop »

crystal maiden is the worst hero btw
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

:|
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 360, Spifflop wrote:crystal maiden is the worst hero btw

I count this as an insult

~Rylai
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 323, MaxwellPuckett wrote:

PEDIT: Hey Klingon, first post and you've got an issue with a townread on ABR? Why's he scum?

The very first part of his very first post was a vote for Dripping Goofball for the next MC.

The MC vote is something we should put some serious thought into and take our time over, yet ABR votes for DG before DG even posts. During RVS.

When he finally gets that Drixx won't be dethroned today, he jumps off the MC tangent and starts getting aggro with other players.

How is that Town-like???
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Klingon. It's anti-town, but something scum would have to think about before risking doing. Scum can be helpful and town can be anti-town, so usefulness is secondary for me when it comes to scum hunting. I assume it's like that for other players as well.

Though, I'm not townreading ABR, I was more concerned with that being the first thing you talked about, above all other discussion.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 363, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 323, MaxwellPuckett wrote:

PEDIT: Hey Klingon, first post and you've got an issue with a townread on ABR? Why's he scum?

The very first part of his very first post was a vote for Dripping Goofball for the next MC.

The MC vote is something we should put some serious thought into and take our time over, yet ABR votes for DG before DG even posts. During RVS.

When he finally gets that Drixx won't be dethroned today, he jumps off the MC tangent and starts getting aggro with other players.

How is that Town-like???

This doesn't make any sense.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Locking the topic as I resolve an issue.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spifflop's slot has been compromised.
In order to continue forward with a fair game (and after discussion with all parties involved), I have no other choice but to modkill Spifflop's slot.
I ask that the players involved in this issue stay quiet about it until post-game.
The day phase will continue.

Spifflop was Mod-Killed on Day 1. They were
Red Okonogi
, aligned via mod-kill as a
Neutral Survivor
Red Okonogi's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
PLAYER NAME - RED OKONOGI
A super hero fighting against evil
Damn that Black X...
You must follow the hero's code of Honor.

You may not talk about any of the powers featured on this rolecard, or this post restriction.
If pushed to claim, you may claim as 'Red Okonogi - A Boy Fighting Against Evil', with no abilities.
If you ever reveal that you can gain these abilities or if you break this post restriction in any way, you will lose access to ALKAIZER CHANGE.

ALKAIZER CHANGE!

You may only use this ability during the Night Phase and you are not Alkaizer.
You may use this ability in addition to any other ability that you have.
You may only use this ability if no other player is voting for you at the end of the previous Day Phase.
You are now Alakaizer - The Hero of Justice.
If any player accuses you of gaining abilities and you are not under these effects, you may not use 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'
If any day ends and at least one player is voting for you, you lose the effects of 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'

Ray Sword

You may only use this ability during the Day Phase and if you are Alkaizer.
Send me the name of one player. They will be voted twice with a vote that reads 'RAY SWORD'.

Al-Pheonix

You may only use this ability during the Night Phase and if you are Alkaizer.
Target one player. If they are not aligned with town, they will die.

Re-Al-Pheonix

If you used Al-Pheonix at night and you are targeted by a killing or blocking action, you do not die and are not blocked.
Instead, your Al-Pheonix ability fails and you kill the player who targeted you.
You will be informed if you ever use Re-Al-Pheonix, but you will not know which player triggered it.

Final Crusade

You permanently take one less vote to lynch. All other players in the game are bulletproof during the night that you use this ability.
If you are in a Party, you may have this ability only affect the other members of your party.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

You are aligned with the Protagonists (town). You win when all threats to the Protagonists are eliminated and at least one Protagonist-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"I have avenged your death. Now you can rest in peace."
-Alkaizer,
Black X Headquarters

VOTECOUNT 1.05

Fluminator (3):
Drunken Pirates, ArcAngel9, Skybird
Drunken Pirates (1):
Albert B. Rampage
CooLDoG (1):
Lowkey
DiamondSentinel (1):
MaxwellPuckett
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
Drixx
Drixx (1):
The Cool Cucumbers
Sensei (1):
ZZZX
Skybird (1):
Yosarian2

Not Voting (10):
Klingoncelt, Sharky5x, Yimmy, Wickedestjr, Rylai and Lina, CooLDoG, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator, Sensei, DiamondSentinel

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
DrippingGoofball (1):
Albert B. Rampage
ZZZX (1):
ZZZX
Drixx (1):
DiamondSentinel
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 367, Varsoon wrote:
Spifflop's slot has been compromised.
In order to continue forward with a fair game (and after discussion with all parties involved), I have no other choice but to modkill Spifflop's slot.
I ask that the players involved in this issue stay quiet about it until post-game.
The day phase will continue.

Spifflop was Mod-Killed on Day 1. They were
Red Okonogi
, aligned via mod-kill as a
Neutral Survivor
Red Okonogi's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
PLAYER NAME - RED OKONOGI
A super hero fighting against evil
Damn that Black X...
You must follow the hero's code of Honor.

You may not talk about any of the powers featured on this rolecard, or this post restriction.
If pushed to claim, you may claim as 'Red Okonogi - A Boy Fighting Against Evil', with no abilities.
If you ever reveal that you can gain these abilities or if you break this post restriction in any way, you will lose access to ALKAIZER CHANGE.

ALKAIZER CHANGE!

You may only use this ability during the Night Phase and you are not Alkaizer.
You may use this ability in addition to any other ability that you have.
You may only use this ability if no other player is voting for you at the end of the previous Day Phase.
You are now Alakaizer - The Hero of Justice.
If any player accuses you of gaining abilities and you are not under these effects, you may not use 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'
If any day ends and at least one player is voting for you, you lose the effects of 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'

Ray Sword

You may only use this ability during the Day Phase and if you are Alkaizer.
Send me the name of one player. They will be voted twice with a vote that reads 'RAY SWORD'.

Al-Pheonix

Target one player. If they are not aligned with town, they will die.

Re-Al-Pheonix

If you used Al-Pheonix at night and you are targeted by a killing or blocking action, you do not die and are not blocked.
Instead, your Al-Pheonix ability fails and you kill the player who targeted you.
You will be informed if you ever use Re-Al-Pheonix, but you will not know which player triggered it.

Final Crusade

You permanently take one less vote to lynch. All other players in the game are bulletproof during the night that you use this ability.
If you are in a Party, you may have this ability only affect the other members of your party.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

You are aligned with the Protagonists (town). You win when all threats to the Protagonists are eliminated and at least one Protagonist-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

I'm sorry but I see nothing in the game thread that at all appears to line up with his slot being compromised.

I got mod-killed in Titus' bastard game because of mod error, and I was town, and it made me enraged that town was penalized because of no fault of mine or any other town player (and in fact, a scum player had manipulated things to bring about the situation). I very nearly went to the site admins over it, because it was ridiculously harmful to the town to penalize them without offsetting that by doing something to the scum team to compensate.

Feel free to respond to me privately or publicly. You know I have mad respect for you, but if this turns out to be a situation where you just penalized town and gave scum a free mislynch and there's no fault on the part of Spifflop (and I see nothing in the thread that warrants mod kill), I won't restrain myself this time.

This was 100% a player based error.
We will discuss it post-game. Trust me, the modkill was the last action I wanted to take in this situation, but the slot was compromised.
Please trust in me.
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

@drixx, that should be handled privately.

In post 359, Rylai and Lina wrote:whats a universal miller ? We show "Not town" to everyone ...

~Rylai

A universal miller returns scum regardless of the type of investigation. For instance, you would be tracked to every kill, show as guilty to any cop, have a gun to any GS etc.

A gravedigger shows up as guilty to watchers and trackers.

So when you state you have a miller modifier, this is very very unclear.

If you only give false positives to cops, then you're just a miller. Miller modifier is unnecessarily confusing.

~Titus
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Fluminator »

That's too bad.

In post 282, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 275, Skybird wrote:Hi Max! Good to be playing with you again.

DS, some of the players in this game can accrue power by doing certain actions. I suspect that Fluminator is one of them. The way he went about asking for getting to hammer and then saying he's going to bitch about if we don't really sounds bad to me.

And with his shitty play style, I don't want him to get extra actions.

Ouch. Instead of being a jerk, can you explain why my playstyle is shitty? If not, I have absolutely zero desire to talk to you for the rest of the game.

In post 289, Skybird wrote:It's going to be weird seeing Cerb and Drixx not in a hydra together. I think every game I've played with you Cerb has been in hydra with Drixx. :)

Max, you town this game? What did you think I was hinting at?

P-edit: Yos, perhaps you should ask Flub why he wants the hammers.

P-edit 2: it's not so much that he asked for the hammers but then said he would bitch if he didn't get them.

Why are you asking Yos to ask me when you can ask yourself?

In post 295, Skybird wrote:Max, why is Flub a townlean for you?

You know, if you haven't even learned my name yet, I have a hard time believing you're actually that interested in me.

In post 318, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 317, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 311, Skybird wrote:Yos, are you town reading Flub?

Eh. Slightly leaning town on him. I mean how weird would it be for a scum to claim "not Miller" for no reason? That's like pointing a big flashing sign at your head saying "hey cops come investingate me".

There's a giant can on WIFOM in there of course, and it's not worth much. But if he's scum he's really really weird scum. Same with asking for the hammers in such an unsubtle way; again, just don't really see scum playing it like that.

Counterpoint: Godfather, scum wifoing, or deliberately fake cop claim. Godfathers would love investigations.

Power on hammer is null. Not a reason to townread. If you fuck with votes or cops, it's the kinda thing that is mandatory to claim d1.

It's actually something I planned to say at the start of a game a long time ago, even before I signed up for this game. Another game I was in, a bunch of people claimed miller and it sparked a lot of conversation and bypassed RVS entirely. I figured it would be interesting to put a spin on that.

In post 319, Spifflop wrote:
I HATE THIS POST. Cerb is doing WAY too well establishing reads for my liking. Cerb hates day one, absolutely disgusts it. This is a guy who spends entire phases not voting because he can't come up with associations. This post does not read like that. Why? probably because he knows who is town and who isn't.

Cerb's meta must have changed a lot since I last played with him then.

In post 346, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 343, Spifflop wrote:If TCC or Flum flip scum I am immediately lynching the other.

Their useless and sudden back and forth around page 9-10 reeks of scum theatre.

~Spiffy

Explain? With quotes, when you have the time. Particularly I'd like you to explain why it's sudden and unnatural.

(town uselessly bicker all the time, just an fyi)

I would actually agree that the questions they asked me did seem a little unnatural.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Drixx »

Erm ... let's agree to disagree. All Varsoon has to say if that modkill was Spifflop's fault is something like: "Unlike your case in Titus' game, in this case unfortunately something happened that required this. Trust me it's not a situation where the town is being unfairly penalized like the situation you are referring to." and I'll chill and wait till end game to find out what happened. If any player on a team does something warranting a mod kill, then the rest of his team has to bear the consequences. It's just not at all clear that this is the case at the moment.

And you well know that I tried handling the previous situation in private and I am still waiting (and shall apparently wait until hell freezes over) for a satisfactory explanation for how killing a slot because of no fault of their own and then doing nothing to offset the drastic shift in game balance that action created can possibly be justified as even an acceptable course of action, let alone the best course.

Here I am in another game and I see something that looks very similar. We're like a single real time day into the game and already the balance of the game is shifted in favor of scum by one free mislynch.

I have sent you a message, but please understand that due to the nature of the offense, I can not discuss it in full until the game is over.
Trust my judgment.
Furthermore, I ask that all players focus on continuing the game. If you want to discuss this issue, PM me. This thread is for playing the game; both Spifflop and I would prefer if the modkill would not disrupt the game-play as they often do.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by Drixx »

Fluminator's soft defense of Cerberus (who is under fire for being much more open about reads early on day one than usual) just jumped off the monitor and smacked me in the face.

As someone who talks to Cerberus daily and has played with him extensively, I have to agree that the post in question was quite a lot more firm in its thinking than He ever is on day one. He threw in some equivocation, but he wasn't equivocating about me. He's acting far outside of what I would expect. Mitigating that is that he was specifically asked to say something about the people in question. Still ... the Cool Cucumbers need to be pushed to interact as much as possible. We don't want to leave Cerb and Wguerts together alive if they got assigned scum. It will puff up his ego that I'm saying this, but Cerberus is way too intelligent for me to be comfy with the idea of him being scum.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 371, Fluminator wrote:
In post 346, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 343, Spifflop wrote:If TCC or Flum flip scum I am immediately lynching the other.

Their useless and sudden back and forth around page 9-10 reeks of scum theatre.

~Spiffy

Explain? With quotes, when you have the time. Particularly I'd like you to explain why it's sudden and unnatural.

(town uselessly bicker all the time, just an fyi)

I would actually agree that the questions they asked me did seem a little unnatural.

Can you explain (or quote) this for me in more detail, Flum?
In post 373, Drixx wrote:Fluminator's soft defense of Cerberus (who is under fire for being much more open about reads early on day one than usual) just jumped off the monitor and smacked me in the face.

As someone who talks to Cerberus daily and has played with him extensively, I have to agree that the post in question was quite a lot more firm in its thinking than He ever is on day one. He threw in some equivocation, but he wasn't equivocating about me. He's acting far outside of what I would expect. Mitigating that is that he was specifically asked to say something about the people in question. Still ... the Cool Cucumbers need to be pushed to interact as much as possible. We don't want to leave Cerb and Wguerts together alive if they got assigned scum. It will puff up his ego that I'm saying this, but Cerberus is way too intelligent for me to be comfy with the idea of him being scum.

Since my experience with you two is solely when you were in a hydra together, I kind of have to listen if you're saying this stuff about Cerb as well. I don't know him enough to say, but now that three of you are bringing it up, I'm reconsidering.
But, Drixx, is this wariness because you think that Cerb's behaviour is out-of-character enough to warrant a bit of suspicion, or are you just wary of what Cerb and wgeurts would be like as scum? I guess I'm asking for your read on the slot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”