PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #17

tyhess[4](ac1983fan, Flameaxe, Mastermind of Sin, Oman)
theopor_COD[2](vollkan, tyhess)
Mastermind of Sin[2](White, pwayne66)
ac1983fan[2](theopor_COD, curiouskarmadog)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)

Not Voting[1](Trojan Horse)

---

At deadline, it will take a
plurality
to lynch.
5-4 with 3
not voting
is a lynch.
5-3-2 with 2 not voting is a NO lynch.

Oman wrote:Theo is being unhelpful (yes, you are) and simply a jerk. I don't see that as scummy anymore. I think he might just be a jerky town. it makes more sense for scum to be more "helpful".
How Dare You. :wink: I'm gonna OMGUS you to death.

I am re-reading and then in isolation expect something "useful" soon.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm gonna go A-Z because I like being different.

ac1983
- Well what we can say. Appears late - not a great start, mind so do I and MoS.
ac1983fan wrote:my only thoughts are that DRB is protown but flawed.
more tomorrow
Blackstrike is pro-town. Nothing else. Thoughts to come - his only comment is that Rump-Wat is kind of scummy. Rump struck me more a genuine noob than anything else. He was in one of my newbie games and did the old day one no-lynch so he's obv very inexperienced. Possibly looking to pick on an easy target.

Mind my main beef with him is this.
ac1983fan wrote:
vote:tyhess

He was acting scummy a few pages back, then he comes in and slaps a badwagon vote on theo, which is a crap wagon.
FOS:Oman
for started the theo case (which is crap)
He's yet to say why the Theo wagon was so crap. As I say I obviously now its "crap" alignment wise, but his dissaperance/lurk since then makes me think he doesn't have an answer, and it was a case of scum buddying up to a townie wagon. (6 posts in 18 pages is also completely non pro-town)
Scumdar rating - 8/10.

Curiouskarmadog
- I seem to always think this guy is town, so he's a cagey fella. Pushes against MoS early for his lack of appearance ignores me and ac1983, not that I find it scummy, just saddens me. Moves on to Tyhess but actively asks questions and pressures him. I like bullies get ppl talking involved.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am not bullying you...I just want you to back up your vote, just like everyone else..
His reaction to MoS wanting to exert pressure on him seems reasonable. Moves onto ac1983 "good vote". His list of suspicion has similar vibes to most, lurking ac, blackstrike and tyhess newbish scummy. I do like his opinion on MoS it sticks similar to mine. Anyways
scumdar rating - 3/10
. He's pretty solid but as I say is a decent player so one to keep an eye.

Dr B
- His second post still reads scummy to me but he is actively promoting discussion at an early stage which for a newb strikes me as a good sign. Quotes like this have me shaking my head mind but as I say it seems more silly than anti-town on reflection
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I would say that in this game, a townie lynch is almost as good as a scum lynch.
Slings his vote onto Flameaxe. seems more OMGussy than anything else. Does likewise after my first post, and yeh I love broken records. Since then he's been on the lurk even admitted it's fun. I'd like to hear more content from the Doctor but overall he just seems kind of out of his depth more than anything.
Scumdar rating 5/10
- Mainly due to his lurking and lack of content.

Flameaxe
- Very active first few pages, where it was random and jokey stuff. Pulls Dr.B up about his cult/vanilla theories and what not, reasonably aswell it was scummy. Interesting . .
Flameaxe wrote:(Oman can tell you I lurked my way to victory in N417. Haha I beat you :)
His defence with regard to lynching the vanillas tho seems pretty standard and I agreed with it whilst reading originally. Since then done a week or so of lurking, which isn't good but pops back to post his list. He still hasn't answered my question tho. Slings vote on Tyhess. I'm not feeling overly excited about Flame and would like some more of his early play to re-appear.
Scumdar rating 6/10
. Mainly because I think he's capabale of much more scum hunting, which aside from pulling up Blackstrike has been in short supply.

Mastermind of Sin
- As I say a fair bit of metagaming with MoS, I've played I think 4 completed games with him and 4 he's been scum, aside from Yos's destruction where the town screwed themselves with stupidity. He hasn't done anything overly scummy in my eyes, call it a defence or whatever but I feel he's pretty laid back and looking more to trap people than attack easy targets. Sticks up for Flameaxe and myself two early wagons, chances are I'd expect scum to want to look to attack and join big wagons than destroy em. He's since been attacked mainly by Oman for doing this and posted pretty logical reasons why he finds both myself and Flame not scummy. It's not like ac1983 shouting the Theo wagon is crap. I agree with his thoughts on posting styles. Moves on to Tyhess for his incredibly sketchy list. Concludes with painting one scum as attacking him and one sitting on the fence.
Scumdar rating 3/10
. Yep he's damn good player as scum aswell but genuinely I don't find him scummy. I'd add that I don't think Oman and White are scummy for going after him either.

Next six later, I need to concentrate on PokerStars.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:38 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Unvote

It looks like acfan is AWOL in his other games as well, so I do not think he is actively lurking as much as he is just not here. I cant pressure someone who is simply gone. Going to put together a top three list(in the next two days). Most likely it will be

Dr. BS (early on scumminess coupled with his inactivity), Flameaxe (aggressive early, now lurking), and tyhess (for reason I have stated throughout.)

But once I read a bit it might change.

Also,
Mastermind of Sin wrote:CKD - said he expected me to act different if I was scum, but left himself the opening to switch opinions without anything momentous happening first
Well, what would you like me to think? You admitted that you were intentional being unhelpful and scummy. My review of you was that I didn’t really buy the arguments against you at a time and I requested what I would like to see from you. Now, you are putting content out there and participating, have I attacked? No…I think you are helping the town. I didn’t attack you before because I thought it was too easy…which made me curious. Which again, I mentioned in my review that if you were scum, I thought you might act different. It was a defense for you of sorts…

The only thing you have said recently I didn’t like was this.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
Seemed like you were playing a victim. It seemed that if anyone in the futures decides you might be scummy afterall, you can always fall back on this. Do you think that is was just you that “almost everyone” would turn on? The game is ever changing…and opinion will change…I personally think that you are townish now..does that mean 2 pages from now I will? No…if you say or do something I think is scummy, I will call you on it….am I scummy for changing my opinion later?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:44 am

Post by tyhess »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
White wrote:So you're saying you're deliberately encouraging people to bandwagon you and we're supposed to then sort out who's taking an easy ride and ignore the others? Or are we supposed to look for....?

That sounds like a really bad plan there MoS....heck, even if I were scum i'd be attacking you. Gosh, it's an easy way to look like i'm helping the town by attacking someone that willingly submits themself to it. Dude...that's really....not IC-ish...

Not sure whether you're scum now or not but that's a really bad and unthought out plan....

Are you saying you're giving yourself up for a lynch? Because if not then your plan fails miserably.
Exactly. If you were scum, and for all I know, you might be, you'd be attacking me. Because scum feel that attacking the obviously scummy person makes them look protown, they are more likely to do it. Scum tend to stay away from attacking newbies that are scummy too much, because it's not protown to bully newbies around when they likely just don't know what they're doing. So, I gave them an IC target, someone they couldn't resist to jump on. And it seems to have worked. Now we just need to evaluate. That's what this whole game is about, isn't it? Look at what people do, who votes who, who defends who, and find scum. So let's do that.
tyhess wrote:That doesn't make sense MoS....your portraying yourself as a vanilla townie who wants to get lynched....it seems like someone is following the Doc's advice....and i don't get how if we jumped on you it would look like we were scum.....there would have to be about 4-5 people to lynch you, and theres only 2 mafia +1 cultist.....so who would you want us to lynch then when we would be down to possibly 7 protown vs 2 mafia vs possibly 2 cultists??? doesn't seem protown to me.....and what happens if we got an all out lynch on you (7 people)....then that would mean at the minimum 4 protown players......it wouldn't give us any extra info......

FoS MoS
WHOA WHOA WHOA. Who said I was vanilla townie? I certainly didn't. I'm not saying I'm anything. Who said I was willing to get lynched, too? That would be retarded. Letting myself get lynched would be giving the scum a free pass to tomorrow, as White was saying. It would take a really bad town to decide to lynch me before looking for the scum. Even if I was scum, it'd be likely that I was being bussed, so every single protown player should be analyzing my wagon instead of just waiting for me to be lynched.

There aren't 7 people on me, or I'd be dead. There are less people than that, and I'm 99% sure there is at least one, so we've got a good shot. A second one is probably among those sitting on the fence and leaning towards me.

Oman, White, pwayne, tyhess. The four people who have attacked me this game. 1 of them is scum. Oman doesn't seem like the one. He's been fairly genuine in his thoughts and willing to change his mind. Still possibly scum, but the least likely in my eyes. White is overly aggressive and likes to insult people as well, but it's possible that's just a behavioral problem. I'm willing to bet that one of pwayne and tyhess is scum. My money's on tyhess, but pwayne has been playing a pretty conservative game, in the fact that he hasn't really done much to stir people up and get a lot of attention. So much so that he might have an alterior motive for avoiding it. One of Flameaxe, Vollkan, and CKD is scum as well. Let's do some hunting, people!

Enough is enough MoS. Your saying that your an easy target and that's why scum would be attacking you. I think its more of the fact that you found yourself in a hole, couldn't get out, and now your going to play this card of anybody who votes for you is scum.

You said that you didn't want to be lynched, but the way your acting to me seems like it does matters to you but your trying to use reverse psychology so that no one would vote for you, and if they do you can yell scum.

Not going to happen

Unvote, Vote:MoS

Still keeping an
FOS:theo
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 am

Post by White »

MoS, I find it really hard to believe that's what you've been doing. Setting yourself up as scummy and then expecting everyone to flop away from your bandwagon because you come up with a lame and uncreative excuse is just newbish. This isn't a newbie game, as has been pointed out, so why in the WORLD would you expect the mafia to be classic mass produced stereotypical scum? My vote is staying on you for now but if you could hunt and mount a case (separate from "**** voted me, therefore they are scum") i'll be more willing to take my vote off of you. Hopefully (if you're town) you'll learn from this mistake. Acting scummy when you're town never ever works.

I must've missed where CKD was being a jerk to me...I don't feel any hard feelings toward him at all....?
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Oman »

I don't know exactly where I stand on this MoS issue. His posts seem to be in parallel to this idea that he's saying. He's been scummy, but this is what makes me think he's town: He hasn't pushed a wagon, hasn't built a case, and hasn't taken anyone remotly near a lynch. In fact, he's put down his random vote, defended and hasn't voted since. Why is that MoS?

I agree he's not activly scumhunting much, but he is helping to defend who he thinks are townies, and I just can't see scum sitting there while all this happens and not even placing a vote or pushing a wagon.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:56 am

Post by White »

I can. Especially from someone like MoS. Not scumhunting is interchangable with allowing scum to live another day. If you're not hunting, you're helping. As for his defending suspected townie? That would be called buddying up to the town. Scummy again.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:CKD - said he expected me to act different if I was scum, but left himself the opening to switch opinions without anything momentous happening first
Well, what would you like me to think? You admitted that you were intentional being unhelpful and scummy. My review of you was that I didn’t really buy the arguments against you at a time and I requested what I would like to see from you. Now, you are putting content out there and participating, have I attacked? No…I think you are helping the town. I didn’t attack you before because I thought it was too easy…which made me curious. Which again, I mentioned in my review that if you were scum, I thought you might act different. It was a defense for you of sorts…
I understand this. I don't have you high on my list of suspicion, but if you were scum, that's what your action says to me. That's not saying you are scum, but the fact that what I said could happen from where you're sitting is still true.
The only thing you have said recently I didn’t like was this.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
Seemed like you were playing a victim. It seemed that if anyone in the futures decides you might be scummy afterall, you can always fall back on this. Do you think that is was just you that “almost everyone” would turn on? The game is ever changing…and opinion will change…I personally think that you are townish now..does that mean 2 pages from now I will? No…if you say or do something I think is scummy, I will call you on it….am I scummy for changing my opinion later?
Not really. I was just trying to point out that my wagon was obviously being supported by some of the scum, since everyone was in place to jump on. I'm not the victim, I purposefully caused this to happen.
tyhess wrote:Enough is enough MoS. Your saying that your an easy target and that's why scum would be attacking you. I think its more of the fact that you found yourself in a hole, couldn't get out, and now your going to play this card of anybody who votes for you is scum.
You really love misrepresenting people, don't you? You're almost as bad as White. It's sad how you guys are calling my strategies stupid when you do shit like this. If you're town, twisting everything someone says so that it says something completely different is *not* going to find you scum. I found that out the hard way.

First off, I didn't say anyone who votes for me is scum. If I thought that, the game would be over. I would've found all the scum by now. What I said is that scum are likely to jump on easy bandwagons when someone is acting obviously scummy, therefore
one
of the people that voted me is almost certainly scum. That's called logic and deduction, but then you obviously don't know about that.
Tyhess wrote:You said that you didn't want to be lynched, but the way your acting to me seems like it does matters to you but your trying to use reverse psychology so that no one would vote for you, and if they do you can yell scum.

Not going to happen

Unvote, Vote:MoS

Still keeping an
FOS:theo
This paragraph doesn't even make sense. I don't want to be lynched, but it matters to me, and I'm trying to use reverse psychology to no one would vote me, then I call them scum? How could I use reverse psychology in saying that I
don't
want to be lynched? Think about what you're saying here. This is like a stream of consciousness post. That makes less sense than BM's usual posts. Please think about what you meant to say and rephrase it.
White wrote:MoS, I find it really hard to believe that's what you've been doing. Setting yourself up as scummy and then expecting everyone to flop away from your bandwagon because you come up with a lame and uncreative excuse is just newbish. This isn't a newbie game, as has been pointed out, so why in the WORLD would you expect the mafia to be classic mass produced stereotypical scum? My vote is staying on you for now but if you could hunt and mount a case (separate from "**** voted me, therefore they are scum") i'll be more willing to take my vote off of you. Hopefully (if you're town) you'll learn from this mistake. Acting scummy when you're town never ever works.

I must've missed where CKD was being a jerk to me...I don't feel any hard feelings toward him at all....?
Looks like pwayne was right. Double standards and mischaracterizations *are* the norm for you. You tell me I shouldn't expect scum to do any classic moves or be stereotypically scummy. Yet, when I act like a stereotypical scum, not answering questions, not actively helping the town, you think I'm scum? Bullshit. Try again, buddy.
White wrote:I can. Especially from someone like MoS. Not scumhunting is interchangable with allowing scum to live another day. If you're not hunting, you're helping. As for his defending suspected townie? That would be called buddying up to the town. Scummy again.
Especially from me? What the fuck do you know about me? You know nothing me, otherwise you wouldn't think I was scum. Don't come up with bullshit reasons to keep from having to unvote me. "Especially from someone like MoS" my ass.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by White »

MoS wrote:You're almost as bad as White. It's sad how you guys are calling my strategies stupid when you do shit like this.
Guess what? I also got lynched for bulling this crap. I would've expected much more from you, shame.

[quote="MoS]You tell me I shouldn't expect scum to do any classic moves or be stereotypically scummy. Yet, when I act like a stereotypical scum, not answering questions, not actively helping the town, you think I'm scum?[/quote]
Scum, used as a plural. Seeing as you're experience but choosing to ignore such knowledge and act like newb scum, yes, I can see you being stereotypical. However I find it hard to believe your partner to be stereotypical other than that they may be on your wagon because of your likelihood of going down the drain.

Btw, stop putting words in my mouth. I never EVER said don't expect the scum to do anything classic or stereotypical. That's actions. I said don't expect the scum (people) to be mass produced stereotypes. Oh...and nice ever reactions there bud, 4 lines with 4 swear words. Did I hit a nerve?
White wrote:My vote is staying on you for now but if you could hunt and mount a case (separate from "**** voted me, therefore they are scum") i'll be more willing to take my vote off of you.
Uh...waiting...
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by tyhess »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'm not the victim, I purposefully caused this to happen.
Wait. So you purposefully got us to vote for you, but since some of us
are
voting for you, then one of us is defiently scum. That makes a lot of sense. Basically what you're saying is that if anyone votes for you they were looking for an easy way out and they are scum. You said youself that you put yourslef in that position, meaning that you admit it is scumlike. So basically we're not suppose to vote for someome who puts them in a position to look like scum based on the fact that they say it'll make us look like scum.....
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess wrote: Wait. So you purposefully got us to vote for you, but since some of us are voting for you, then one of us is defiently scum. That makes a lot of sense. Basically what you're saying is that if anyone votes for you they were looking for an easy way out and they are scum. You said youself that you put yourslef in that position, meaning that you admit it is scumlike. So basically we're not suppose to vote for someome who puts them in a position to look like scum based on the fact that they say it'll make us look like scum.....
You make a good point.

If MoS is town, then it is quite likely I would say that scum is/are on his wagon. However, the problem is that MoS has been scummy by his own admission, he says intentionally. As such, I don't think the fact that people have wagoned on MoS is evidence of potential scumminess at this point of the game, because we don't know MoS's alignment. I mean, suspecting one of the wagoners might be valid, but it requires an assumption that MoS is pro-town.
Theo wrote: He hasn't done anything overly scummy in my eyes, call it a defence or whatever but I feel he's pretty laid back and looking more to trap people than attack easy targets.
And you're okay with that? A "trap" as MoS has laid it is just as likely to catch town as scum; it is not helpful at all unless MoS's alignment is known and, even then, because it is so reasonable for town to jump on the wagon it really proves nothing.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by tyhess »

as usual, vollkan has said it best....he has summed up and added to pretty much to what I was saying.....MoS is not acting in the best interest of the town.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

3 days since last post from acfan. 7 days since last post with any substance from acfan. Tick tick.

I eagerly await theo's next post, as he completes his breakdown of all the players. Hope he doesn't think I'm too scummy.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

ac1983fan has requested replacement. I'll search for one...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mod Edit: Quote tags fixed BY REQUEST.

White wrote:
MoS wrote:You're almost as bad as White. It's sad how you guys are calling my strategies stupid when you do shit like this.
Guess what? I also got lynched for bulling this crap. I would've expected much more from you, shame.
This makes even less sense. You're saying you got lynched for acting like I'm acting? Then you shouldn't think that I'm scum for acting this way. You should know from past experience that it's a bad lynch.
MoS wrote:You tell me I shouldn't expect scum to do any classic moves or be stereotypically scummy. Yet, when I act like a stereotypical scum, not answering questions, not actively helping the town, you think I'm scum?
Scum, used as a plural. Seeing as you're experience but choosing to ignore such knowledge and act like newb scum, yes, I can see you being stereotypical. However I find it hard to believe your partner to be stereotypical other than that they may be on your wagon because of your likelihood of going down the drain.
Hmm. So, you think that because I'm acting like newb scum, I'm experienced scum? This makes no sense. Please explain how me acting like a newb makes me an experienced scum. That's a contradiction in and of itself. It sounds like if I was acting more reasonably you'd say I was experienced scum, and if I act less reasonably, I'm acting like newb scum, but I'm still experienced. Not only does this defy logic, you're just fitting the circumstances to the assumption that I'm scum, rather than taking the facts and seeing if they actually make sense.
Btw, stop putting words in my mouth. I never EVER said don't expect the scum to do anything classic or stereotypical. That's actions. I said don't expect the scum (people) to be mass produced stereotypes. Oh...and nice ever reactions there bud, 4 lines with 4 swear words. Did I hit a nerve?
Actually, it was more like 1 line with 1 swear word. Learn to count, bud. Even if you're scum retardedly religious dude that thinks stuff like "stupid" is a swear word, there were only 3 in 4 lines. However, bullshit is merely an adjective used to describe something that is a ludicrously false statement, but combined into one word. Ass is not a swear word, either. "My ass" is merely an expression of incredulity. There is nothing vulgar about it.
White wrote:My vote is staying on you for now but if you could hunt and mount a case (separate from "**** voted me, therefore they are scum") i'll be more willing to take my vote off of you.
Uh...waiting...
When I find someone I'm sure is scum, I'll make a case for them to be scum. You don't need me to guide you around like sheep. This statement is a complete contradiction of what you've been saying. Before it's always "he's obvscum", but now you'd be more willing to unvote me if I just attack someone? That makes no sense.
tyhess wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'm not the victim, I purposefully caused this to happen.
Wait. So you purposefully got us to vote for you, but since some of us
are
voting for you, then one of us is defiently scum. That makes a lot of sense. Basically what you're saying is that if anyone votes for you they were looking for an easy way out and they are scum. You said youself that you put yourslef in that position, meaning that you admit it is scumlike.
Whether or not I purposefully acted scummy doesn't really make a difference. If I had acted scummy on accident, you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference, and it wouldn't changed anything. Also, I admit that I played classicly scummy on purpose. I didn't play how scum *should* play, which is what you're implying. No scum that actually knows what they're doing would act like this, but newb scum don't know what they're doing. Therefore, I hoped to trap scum by giving them a target acting like newb scum, hoping that a real newb scum would fall for the trap by not thinking about how an experienced scum would play. The people who aren't attacking me are not clear either. However, I severely doubt that all of our scum smelled a trap, so I have very much narrowed down the field for finding at least one scum. Apply pressure in the right places, and a scum may just pop out at you. You never know until you try.
So basically we're not suppose to vote for someome who puts them in a position to look like scum based on the fact that they say it'll make us look like scum.....
No. You're not supposed to vote for someone who puts themselves in a position to look like scum based on the fact that you've looked into how said person plays as scum and town and have been able to deduce whether or not they would play that way as scum. It has nothing to do with looking scummy. Townies don't need to worry about looking scummy. It's far more important that protown people find scum than not look scummy. At the very least, if all else goes wrong and you die, your word is then trustworthy after your alignment is revealed, even if they can't figure out that they should trust you beforehand. However, that doesn't mean that townies should *want* to die. They should not try to hurt the town in an effort to live, but they should never be willing to be lynched, unless there is some strategical reason it will help the town.
vollkan wrote:
Tyhess wrote: Wait. So you purposefully got us to vote for you, but since some of us are voting for you, then one of us is defiently scum. That makes a lot of sense. Basically what you're saying is that if anyone votes for you they were looking for an easy way out and they are scum. You said youself that you put yourslef in that position, meaning that you admit it is scumlike. So basically we're not suppose to vote for someome who puts them in a position to look like scum based on the fact that they say it'll make us look like scum.....
You make a good point.

If MoS is town, then it is quite likely I would say that scum is/are on his wagon. However, the problem is that MoS has been scummy by his own admission, he says intentionally. As such, I don't think the fact that people have wagoned on MoS is evidence of potential scumminess at this point of the game, because we don't know MoS's alignment. I mean, suspecting one of the wagoners might be valid, but it requires an assumption that MoS is pro-town.
As I said with Tyhess, I fail to see how me doing this intentionally is relevant at all. If I was accidentally scummy, it wouldn't change what I did, and it wouldn't change who was going to attack me. It's not like all the scum could tell the difference between accidental and on purpose. They're going to act the same regardless, for the most part. There are town on every wagon, but people still look for scum on wagons, yes? There is no reason it can't be done in this instance. It's not like I was so obviously scum that no townie in their right minds would stay off my wagon. This is evidenced by the fact that only 4 people have voted me out of 11 possible. I gave the town a wagon, and there is very, very likely to be one scum found on it.
Theo wrote: He hasn't done anything overly scummy in my eyes, call it a defence or whatever but I feel he's pretty laid back and looking more to trap people than attack easy targets.
And you're okay with that? A "trap" as MoS has laid it is just as likely to catch town as scum; it is not helpful at all unless MoS's alignment is known and, even then, because it is so reasonable for town to jump on the wagon it really proves nothing.
See above.
Trojan Horse wrote:3 days since last post from acfan. 7 days since last post with any substance from acfan. Tick tick.

I eagerly await theo's next post, as he completes his breakdown of all the players. Hope he doesn't think I'm too scummy.
Unvote, Vote: Trojan Horse

This feels way off to me. You hope he doesn't think you're "too" scummy? I see no reason to make a post like this. You've made posts like this earlier, asking me if I was going to attack you now, or something like that. You keep acting like you expect to be scummy, you expect to get heat from other players. It's almost as if you expect to be lynched. Other than these remarks, you haven't seemed that scummy, so I don't see any reason a protown player would be worried about their scumminess. You haven't done anything of note for a townie to worry about.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:51 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Isn't MoS's theory really just one massive OMGUS to everybody that has had the audacity to ask him some simple questions and expect to be acknowledged? Don't answer that MoS. (reverse pyscology? or reverse reverse pyscology? hmmm...)

Point is: MoS is anti-town. MoS is pro-MoS. He claims his tactics are meant to bring scum out into the light, but conveniently he is the only one that can correctly divine the results of his tests. Somehow, only MoS knows how many assumptions the town can safely make when untangling his elaborate WIFOM arguement. MoS is the only person that can say what questions he ought and ought not consider answering and then only he can determine what assumptions should be drawn from his decisions. Sounds like a scum utopia.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:18 am

Post by tyhess »

yo guardian....... i don't think i voted for myself!!!
Mod Edit: Fixed

and i'll go against MoS yet again when i can get more time.....
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:21 am

Post by pwayne66 »

MoS in post 432 wrote:What I said is that scum are likely to jump on easy bandwagons when someone is acting obviously scummy, therefore one of the people that voted me is almost certainly scum. That's called logic and deduction, but then you obviously don't know about that.
Thats called logic and deduction? It seems to me that it requires us to do two things: 1) assume that one of the people on your wagon is scum. 2) assume that you are not scum. Where I come from, that's not logic. That's called a leap of faith.
MoS in post 432 wrote:Especially from me? What the fuck do you know about me? You know nothing me, otherwise you wouldn't think I was scum. Don't come up with bullshit reasons to keep from having to unvote me. "Especially from someone like MoS" my ass.
Aside from the fact that he watchs too much Jerry Springer, we know this about MoS: he likes metagaming unless it is used against him...
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Trojan Horse wrote:
3 days since last post from acfan. 7 days since last post with any substance from acfan. Tick tick.

This feels way off to me. You hope he doesn't think you're "too" scummy? I see no reason to make a post like this. You've made posts like this earlier, asking me if I was going to attack you now, or something like that. You keep acting like you expect to be scummy, you expect to get heat from other players. It's almost as if you expect to be lynched. Other than these remarks, you haven't seemed that scummy, so I don't see any reason a protown player would be worried about their scumminess. You haven't done anything of note for a townie to worry about.
Oh man. There was supposed to be a smiley at the end of that post. That comment was in jest. :)
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

The above quote was from MoS, of course. Forgot to mention that.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:35 am

Post by tyhess »

Question for MoS. Assuming that we assume your town (which I don't), how do we know who is pro town and who is scum/cultist? There's no way to differentiate between the two.

And then you say it doesn't matter if you did it on purpose or on accident, but earlier you said that it matter if you did it on purpose because then that means your not scum, your just trying to catch them. You aren't helping the town at all, which means your not protown, which means I'm keeping my vote on you.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 am

Post by White »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
White wrote:
This makes even less sense. You're saying you got lynched for acting like I'm acting? Then you shouldn't think that I'm scum for acting this way. You should know from past experience that it's a bad lynch.
I did it as a newb. You're experienced. An experienced player can't pull the newb card.
MoS wrote:
White wrote:
MoS wrote:You tell me I shouldn't expect scum to do any classic moves or be stereotypically scummy. Yet, when I act like a stereotypical scum, not answering questions, not actively helping the town, you think I'm scum?
Hmm. So, you think that because I'm acting like newb scum, I'm experienced scum? This makes no sense. Please explain how me acting like a newb makes me an experienced scum. That's a contradiction in and of itself. It sounds like if I was acting more reasonably you'd say I was experienced scum, and if I act less reasonably, I'm acting like newb scum, but I'm still experienced. Not only does this defy logic, you're just fitting the circumstances to the assumption that I'm scum, rather than taking the facts and seeing if they actually make sense.
Bad Idea II, you intentionally killed a player so that it would look like the scum were newbs when in reality it was just a diversion. It's not beyond you to try and pull this again.
MoS wrote:
Actually, it was more like 1 line with 1 swear word. Learn to count, bud. Even if you're scum retardedly religious dude that thinks stuff like "stupid" is a swear word, there were only 3 in 4 lines. However, bullshit is merely an adjective used to describe something that is a ludicrously false statement, but combined into one word. Ass is not a swear word, either. "My ass" is merely an expression of incredulity. There is nothing vulgar about it.
Irrelevant other than that Ass is a swear word (you could use butt, but you didn't) and shit (regardless of being coupled with bull, which could've been used on it's own) is a swear word. Btw, you never dealt with the content of the post, you nitpicked an assessment that has nothing to do with the game at hand. Please deal with the content this time and stop being so anti town evasive.
MoS wrote:
White wrote:
Uh...waiting...
When I find someone I'm sure is scum, I'll make a case for them to be scum. You don't need me to guide you around like sheep. This statement is a complete contradiction of what you've been saying. Before it's always "he's obvscum", but now you'd be more willing to unvote me if I just attack someone? That makes no sense.
Nice mischaracterization there. I said when you start hunting scum (read helping the town) then I won't really have a reason to vote you. However that sentiment is rapidly disapating.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I didn't play how scum *should* play, which is what you're implying. No scum that actually knows what they're doing would act like this, but newb scum don't know what they're doing.
Hmm, so that automatically clears you? By simply pointing this out it means you are aware of it and could be twisting it to suit your purposes. Besides, what better way to clear an experienced player than to act like a newb?
MoS wrote:There are town on every wagon, but people still look for scum on wagons, yes? There is no reason it can't be done in this instance..........I gave the town a wagon, and there is very, very likely to be one scum found on it.
Ok, so what was presented as a main point and intention of acting scummy now appears to be a logical conclusion. Oh, well since I looked like scum, you can pretty much expect that scum would try and push for an innocent lynch. Isn't that logical? As opposed to your previous stance of, I did it to set a trap for scum, deliberately intent on catching scummy bandwagon pushers! Flip flop much on your main point?
MoS wrote:
This here just looks like an attempt to redirect the attention on him. It's not a case like I was asking for.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

RRR.
Vote: MoS
. This is not about his latest vote on me; I guess I deserved that, after I made my "hope theo doesn't think I'm scum" comment without tacking on a smiley. This is about my gut feelings about him being scum.

I've been sitting around without voting for too long. It's time for me to (at least temporarily) commit.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote MoS
I'm going with Trojan Horse here, that last vote was obviously a joke about theo thinking I'm scum or something and then saying "but thats probably just OMGUS".

I don't know MoS, can we stop this game and get back to the scumhunting.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by White »

Shameless Filler Post (I want to see the vote count, been waiting to ask since this pages was half full)
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”