Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi Max! Good to be playing with you again.

DS, some of the players in this game can accrue power by doing certain actions. I suspect that Fluminator is one of them. The way he went about asking for getting to hammer and then saying he's going to bitch about if we don't really sounds bad to me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 208, Rylai and Lina wrote:Drixx is for tonight. we're choosing the next MC

Wait, can we do that today?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 115, Drunken Pirates wrote:okay I am caught up

I am also on the phone with titus.

I think drixx is town, zzthing and unfortunately possibly abr.

that is what I have so far.

In post 127, Drunken Pirates wrote:also

this hydra is a healing hydra so that I can stop wanting to murder titus and so that titus will not take it personally that I wanna always murder her. we are hoping to end the shit war between us and learn to get along. we have very different playstyles and very different game approaches but we have agreed to a plan of action; I am going to do most of the heavy lifting on d1 and if we are alive after d3. I am at my best early in the game cos I read players based on reactions whereas titus does better flips and more info. we are going to communicate via text and phone.

true story: when titus and i were talking about game approaches we covered policy lynches and she said she is against them. I said I used to feel that way but I had a change of heart and she asked why. I said "cos of you!" and she laughed and said "I knew it!". <---- I am feeling good about this hydra.

most of the reads on d1 will be MY reads but I AM discussing them with her.

flum is ticking my scumdar so

VOTE: fluminator

I am also very happy with my role.

This is it, yes Mollie?

So, Drixx tox, zzetc town, abr town.

Flum scum.

Lemme iso.

Drixx is null. His posting is all setting up for future game play and stating things which are obvious optimal play, but that's what he would do as either alignment. He will absolutely tell us the best way to play the game with the rules presented, to do otherwise runs counter to both his nature and his interests in the game, since getting caught presenting sub-optimal play to the town as *him* will get him killed by *me*

zzzx: I dislike ZZZX's opening. How hard is it to read the rules? No reason why he should be confused about whether or not drixx's MC status is alignment indicative. Oh, speaking of which, I missed this when I was talking about drixx, yes, obviously something as simple as who starts off as mc isn't alignment indicative, BUT it is incredibly difficult to balance. Assuming one scum team(which is a meh assumption, I think mod meta is "I hate multiball", but the mod has also said he wants to break out of that meta, sooooooooooo), he would need to balance the rewards of ALL the choices Drixx could make on N1 to ensure his scum team didn't end up overpowered. Seems difficult to do, and even harder to do in multiball where you don't want the teams massively imbalanced as well. So, yes, unlikely that he is scum, but if Varsoon is super smart about setting games up, which he is, he might have managed to pull it off without imbalancing *everything*.

Back to zzzx: Not enugh zzzx experience, he's always been inactive as fuck in all our games. This early activity is, well, nothing especially impressive, but it is weird for him. Keeping an eye on him, but I don't have an opinion on him overall. Sorry. :(

abr: Who the hell is ABR? Another toxic individual who should have replaced out of the game when he realized mollie was going to be in it if he wasn't going to be able to be civil, it seems.

ABR: I give no shits about you, like none at this, but if you fuck up my happy little game with insults and vitriol because you personally dislike another player, i will be very upset with you. It's a large, ignore mollie. There ya go, problem solved, when we get down to 10 players you guys can go at it or something if you're both still around.

Alright, that aside over, I hope we can get along man. I love everyone. ^^

And, yeah I don't know him at all. He's another one who couldn't read the basic rules for the game and asked a question he should have known the answer to. Does that make him town or scum? fuck if I know. I do like his desire to get to the adventures though! That's awesome, adventures are the best part, and he makes valid points regarding the gameplay space that was superseded by flavor, but, well, it was kinda an elegant way to handle this situation. If Varsoon hadn't done things this way, there would be like, no MC tonight, or we'd have to vote for two MC's(one for tonight, one for tomorrow), etc. It would have been messy.

Again, sorry. I suck at this "reading someone from less than a 3 digit post count with 0 flips" thing. Like, I can give thoughts on individual posts, but I can't really see motivation or an overall design with so little ot go off of.

Alright, fluminator: Entry is weird as fuck, but it begs the question of why would scum him make that entry that just draws all eyes to him. Brazen etc, would need to look at games to see if he's that bold as scum, and I won't be doing that. Also, fluminator, maxwells scum game was on point man. He was like, super smooth and stuff in SU. AND town lost in SU because grapes torpedoed us AND Drixx and I didn't follow our original lynch order AND because we were dumb and didn't connect "acid spewing monster" with "janitor". ^^ I agree with my other head that it's weird how he reacted to the barely even there wagon.

Those are my thoughts? They're not really reads, just...thoughts. What I get from their iso's alone with no context. I have been reading the game, but I've been only half paying attention cause work.

Any futher questions, feel free to ask, i'm open for business for another couple hours, then I'll be out partying, and then I'll be around pretty much all weekend to some extent.

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:59 pm

In post 276, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 208, Rylai and Lina wrote:Drixx is for tonight. we're choosing the next MC

Wait, can we do that today?

Yes. Read the rules. Thanks! <3

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:01 pm

In post 275, Skybird wrote:Hi Max! Good to be playing with you again.

DS, some of the players in this game can accrue power by doing certain actions. I suspect that Fluminator is one of them. The way he went about asking for getting to hammer and then saying he's going to bitch about if we don't really sounds bad to me.

Interesting soft. I don't think this was hinted at in the rules. If it was, someone please correct me.

-Cerb
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I also get a good vibe from Mollie's posts so far.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh. I'm dumb. There was a bit about ther ebeing other methods to gain techniques other than going on adventures, I believe. Alright. NM. Ignore me, I'm dumb!

-Cerb
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

And with his shitty play style, I don't want him to get extra actions.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 279, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Interesting soft. I don't think this was hinted at in the rules. If it was, someone please correct me.

-Cerb

I think she thinks it was in regards to one of those technique thingys in the OP.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Yosarian: We vote for the next MC every day. They become the MC the following day. Drixx is the first MC, to be adventuring tonight, and so he does not get a party this first time. (presumably because you choose a party at night and the game is daystart) I'm gonna start a running counter on MC questions. Maybe a drinking game?

PEDIT: Cerb! You're seriously making me blush. :oops:

His buncha-thoughts post is very Cerb-like, not much alignment info to glean from that, at least for me.

I didn't think about that part of the rules when reading Skybird's post, Cerb, but that makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking. I just thought Skybird was hinting at something else entirely.

You bringing up multi-ball is interesting, if unlikely imo. I didn't think to check, but maybe I should do a thorough read-through to see if multiple scumteams are something that could be done with this flavour. Considering it's an rpg, I guess it's likely, though I don't know much about the flavour yet besides what I've looked up concerning my own role.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Also, @Cerb, call me vain, but what are your thoughts on me? I'm both trying to read you here and trying to gauge my D1 performance. It seems like I'm getting better, but I dunno.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

vote:Skybird

Not liking the reasoning for the fluminator vote.

In post 270, Skybird wrote:
In post 201, Fluminator wrote:Lol. It's true though.

First, we should never rule someone as town based on their role power. That mistake cost town the game in Steven Universe mafia.
Also, in the scum chat for that game, some of the scum gave Varsoon a hard time for not making good enough fakeclaims, so I imagine he has pretty good fakeclaims this game.

Since so many people want to be in the main party, I'll be a nice person and not ask to be in it IF you guys give me the hammers. If not prepare for bitching.

I don't like this post at all. Claiming to be nice and then asking for all the hammers.

VOTE: Fluminator

If you think Fluminator has a role that gains powers if he gets hammers or whatever, then why wouldn't he ask for hammers no matter what his alignment was? How is that alignment indicative in any way? At worst those posts were totally null.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.
“Why was I chosen?'
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:23 pm

In post 285, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, @Cerb, call me vain, but what are your thoughts on me? I'm both trying to read you here and trying to gauge my D1 performance. It seems like I'm getting better, but I dunno.

Eh, give me a bit, I kinda wanna watch some shows for a bit..:p I'll look at your iso shortly!

In post 286, Yosarian2 wrote:
vote:Skybird

Not liking the reasoning for the fluminator vote.

In post 270, Skybird wrote:
In post 201, Fluminator wrote:Lol. It's true though.

First, we should never rule someone as town based on their role power. That mistake cost town the game in Steven Universe mafia.
Also, in the scum chat for that game, some of the scum gave Varsoon a hard time for not making good enough fakeclaims, so I imagine he has pretty good fakeclaims this game.

Since so many people want to be in the main party, I'll be a nice person and not ask to be in it IF you guys give me the hammers. If not prepare for bitching.

I don't like this post at all. Claiming to be nice and then asking for all the hammers.

VOTE: Fluminator

If you think Fluminator has a role that gains powers if he gets hammers or whatever, then why wouldn't he ask for hammers no matter what his alignment was? How is that alignment indicative in any way? At worst those posts were totally null.

I love you for this post. I mean, skyburd being wrong isn't alignment indicative, but I enjoy you pointing it out.

MP: my first thought was a soft, my second thought was oh yeah, that one technique, and my third thought was things other than adventures give powers, in that order. All possible.

Multiball is not something I'm n going to assume, but it shouldn't be dismissed completely based on mod meta, which it might be if the possibility isn't mentioned.
-Cerb
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Skybird »

It's going to be weird seeing Cerb and Drixx not in a hydra together. I think every game I've played with you Cerb has been in hydra with Drixx. :)

Max, you town this game? What did you think I was hinting at?

P-edit: Yos, perhaps you should ask Flub why he wants the hammers.

P-edit 2: it's not so much that he asked for the hammers but then said he would bitch if he didn't get them.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Skybird, we tried but just couldn't get someone to fill the spot that would have appeared if he had hydraed with us. :(
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I appear to be outvoted. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Sentinel, I want to ask how you feel about Flum, in plain words. You said he was still scum, but that you didn't like the wagon, and would be coming back to him if he did something scummy. I don't understand that. Is he nullscum for you? Just null?
You've disliked all of Flum's posts before this one, apparently, but when someone else takes issue with a post of his, after you've gotten off the wagon, you don't like the reasoning.

And, to Yosarian, Skybird's post read to me like they didn't like Flum's tone, and the way he made a 'concession'' by saying he wouldn't want to be in the adventuring group, if he gets to hammer. That you've reduced that to Skybird simply not liking that Flum might have this kind of power, and not the way he approached it, makes me thinking you're either misinterpreting her or just not reading.

This would probably be a good time to mention that Fluminator's another one of my townleans. I don't really agree with Skybird's thought process, but it doesn't look that dishonest from here.

PEDIT: Cerb, the reason I have a problem with Sentinel and Yosarian's interpretation is because they're making it out to be alignment indicative. And yeah, good to keep that sort of thing in mind.

Skybird: I'm town
this
time. And since you asked, I'll answer properly: I thought you were hinting at your own role, and how it might be similar to Flum's when it comes to acquiring some kind of ability. Cerb bringing up the rules made me think his interpretation was more likely.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 pm

In post 291, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I appear to be outvoted. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Sentinel, I want to ask how you feel about Flum, in plain words. You said he was still scum, but that you didn't like the wagon, and would be coming back to him if he did something scummy. I don't understand that. Is he nullscum for you? Just null?
You've disliked all of Flum's posts before this one, apparently, but when someone else takes issue with a post of his, after you've gotten off the wagon, you don't like the reasoning.

And, to Yosarian, Skybird's post read to me like they didn't like Flum's tone, and the way he made a 'concession'' by saying he wouldn't want to be in the adventuring group, if he gets to hammer. That you've reduced that to Skybird simply not liking that Flum might have this kind of power, and not the way he approached it, makes me thinking you're either misinterpreting her or just not reading.

This would probably be a good time to mention that Fluminator's another one of my townleans. I don't really agree with Skybird's thought process, but it doesn't look that dishonest from here.

PEDIT: Cerb, the reason I have a problem with Sentinel and Yosarian's interpretation is because they're making it out to be alignment indicative. And yeah, good to keep that sort of thing in mind.

Skybird: I'm town
this
time. And since you asked, I'll answer properly: I thought you were hinting at your own role, and how it might be similar to Flum's when it comes to acquiring some kind of ability. Cerb bringing up the rules made me think his interpretation was more likely.

He's scum, but his wagon is crap. Not in the sense that it's scum driven. In the sense that it won't lead to a scum lynch. And I feel like my sense of understanding wagons is better than my sense of understanding people.
“Why was I chosen?'
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 292, DiamondSentinel wrote:He's scum, but his wagon is crap. Not in the sense that it's scum driven. In the sense that it won't lead to a scum lynch. And I feel like my sense of understanding wagons is better than my sense of understanding people.

I think I understand that a bit better. You're saying the wagon is too shaky and wishy-washy to actually lead to a lynch.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 293, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 292, DiamondSentinel wrote:He's scum, but his wagon is crap. Not in the sense that it's scum driven. In the sense that it won't lead to a scum lynch. And I feel like my sense of understanding wagons is better than my sense of understanding people.

I think I understand that a bit better. You're saying the wagon is too shaky and wishy-washy to actually lead to a lynch.

Let me help. This wagon is led by two strong willed females who think it will catch scum. There's no wishy washy.

Now, I am going to provide my view on who else has posted. Yet make no mistake, our slot wants Fluminator lynched.

~Titus
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Skybird »

Max, why is Flub a townlean for you?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Basically.

I'm saying if it does actually lead to a lynch, I doubt he's scum. But I don't think it will lead to a lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Did a quick check of your slot on Flum. You're right, you're on this one, but I'm not so sure about the rest of them. With 11 votes to lynch, and with the way a few people have joined the wagon, I'm not sure the others on it have your conviction.

Skybird: Sensei is a better townread for me than Flum is, Flum is closer to a gut read. Rereading the post of his that you quoted () made me feel that way. His line referencing SU mafia and mistakes made is kind of part of it, it's something anyone who played that could have said, I just liked the confident way he said it. That and how he didn't seem to see a problem with saying that line you didn't like. He just seems comfortable.

Sentinel: Huh, maybe I don't understand as well as I thought. I'm not great at reading wagons while they form, without flips. But I get the point you just said here.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 296, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Basically.

I'm saying if it does actually lead to a lynch, I doubt he's scum. But I don't think it will lead to a lynch.

This is a bunch of double-talk. Are you scum reading Flub or not?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 296, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Basically.

It will. Absolutely.

Join it.

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”