Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Party* God damn it
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Main Character: DrippingGoofball

VOTE: Cooldog
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

"It was the only way to save your life. I had to make you a hero."
-Alkarl,
to Alkaizer

VOTECOUNT 1.01

CooLDoG (2):
Lowkey, Albert B. Rampage
DiamondSentinel (1):
MaxwellPuckett
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
Drixx
Drunken Pirates (1):
Spifflop
Drixx (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Not Voting (15):
DiamondSentinel, Klingoncelt, Sharky5x, Drunken Pirates, Yimmy, Wickedestjr, Rylai and Lina, Skybird, CooLDoG, DrippingGoofball, Yosarian2, Fluminator, Sensei, ZZZX, ArcAngel9

With 21 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
DrippingGoofball (1):
Albert B. Rampage
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Spifflop »

The Cool Cucumbers is scum

~Spiffy
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:03 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

Giving the MC to the most widely town-read player is a good idea, then having the town bloc chosen as the rest also sounds like a good idea.
¬wgeurts
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:04 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 26, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Why do you want DrippingGoofball as MC? Throwing MC votes around seems like a bad idea.
In post 28, Spifflop wrote:The Cool Cucumbers is scum

~Spiffy

Says you!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 19, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 15, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we just skip the RVS and cut to the chase? Is there a reason in the OP that Drixx is MC, and I just missed it? Or is it some other reason we don't yet know?

PEdit: I think he chooses a party today.

You're the one who cast the first RVS vote, and very few players have even posted. Nothing wrong with getting out of RVS, but if you want to, you have to do it yourself. ;) not sure if asking people will help.

Pedit: titus' day one can make you confident of her alignment? You two close?

I actually recently spent a great deal of time reading Titus games from 2015 because I felt her performance was so far ahead of the norm in Suikoden that if there were other games where she was also way ahead of base probability at figuring out alignments, then I wanted to nominate her for Best Scum Catcher. She is objectively over the course of the past year statistically several standard deviations above what basic probability predicts (I used bayes theorem and I can show my work if anyone is really that interested and would understand it ... or you can take my word for it). Anyway, suffice it to say that I nommed her (and keep hoping someone will second because being significantly better at finding scum than the vast majority of people is pretty much what that scummy is for).

So yeah ... if Titus obvtowns to me, I would probably be pretty happy to vote her and hope I earn a spot in the town block because the party mechanic is cool. I'm being super careful here ... if one were to view my recent posts they would find that I hydra with Titus as "Learned Hand". I understand her quite a lot more now than I did before.

In post 21, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 10, Drixx wrote:Since I don't get a party I'm open to suggestions on where to adventure. I don't think there's an inherent clock on when I have to decide, but let's say 48 hours. I'll keep my own counsel concerning the rest of what I know for the time being.

VOTE: Cool Cucumbers - My hydra partner is cheating on me and we both agreed that the result would be that we would end up on opposing factions. Well ... I don't have access to any PTs for this game so that is all I need to know.

VOTE: Drixx
For not accepting we tried to get you in when you mentioned it.
(Can we be in your party so we can pretend to be hyrda'd at least?)
¬wgeurts

I can't have a party unless I'm MC after today. If I am, I would probably bring you guys in the party so I could talk to you in the Party PT and figure out your alignment for real. All joking aside, figuring you two out is a priority for me. You're either the biggest threat to town or among the biggest assets. That's the level of respect I have for Cerberus' intellect and your common sense. I'm a little bummed we didn't find another player so that I could be in the Cool Cucumbers hydra, but then if we had, I wouldn't be Lute, so I guess I the RNG was kind to me.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 am

I can see a case for Drixx being either alignment, but I am leaning the town side.

Town - Putting MC in the hands of mafia on the very first day would be a bit sucky for town. It gives scum a huge edge with the LP and BP, and the possible reward. It also seems like a pretty good IC-esque idea without making it super obvious.

Mafia - Since there is no party, it's not as powerful as it might have been, especially if adventuring solo has a high chance of failure. It could also be a way to implement a 1-shot LP and BP without it being gamebreaking. While the aspects might usually be bad, this might be a way of balancing them. Also, this would potentially give scum 1 foot in on the Adventuring thingy, which it might never get without it.

PEdit: @Drixx watch it... That's involving an ongoing game. Also, I forget that you are hydraing with her, so I think I'll be able to read you pretty well.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 am

In post 30, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Why do you want DrippingGoofball as MC? Throwing MC votes around seems like a bad idea.

Because I haven't had the honor of playing a game with DrippingGoofball in years, and she's a badass from top to bottom. I want her to put together a party of heroes to go adventuring. I love everything about this game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Voting the host, voting a player for a purposely silly reason, they're still RVS, at least imo.

Drixx, your second suggestion sounds like the MC is a figurehead leader for the Town Council. heh.
And, you have info about MC voting we don't? I did think we werent given a lot of information, such as info about majorities, tie breakers, etc. That's interesting, reminds me of 999.

Pedit: we dont know a lot about MC voting, and Drixx, who apparently does, has advised us to to wait on the voting. I think we should.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 am

In post 31, Drixx wrote:I actually recently spent a great deal of time reading Titus games from 2015 because I felt her performance was so far ahead of the norm in Suikoden that if there were other games where she was also way ahead of base probability at figuring out alignments, then I wanted to nominate her for Best Scum Catcher. She is objectively over the course of the past year statistically several standard deviations above what basic probability predicts (I used bayes theorem and I can show my work if anyone is really that interested and would understand it ... or you can take my word for it). Anyway, suffice it to say that I nommed her (and keep hoping someone will second because being significantly better at finding scum than the vast majority of people is pretty much what that scummy is for).

So yeah ... if Titus obvtowns to me, I would probably be pretty happy to vote her and hope I earn a spot in the town block because the party mechanic is cool. I'm being super careful here ... if one were to view my recent posts they would find that I hydra with Titus as "Learned Hand". I understand her quite a lot more now than I did before.

Everybody can have a hot year. I have a 70% win rate in 2015.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:10 am

In post 35, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 31, Drixx wrote:I actually recently spent a great deal of time reading Titus games from 2015 because I felt her performance was so far ahead of the norm in Suikoden that if there were other games where she was also way ahead of base probability at figuring out alignments, then I wanted to nominate her for Best Scum Catcher. She is objectively over the course of the past year statistically several standard deviations above what basic probability predicts (I used bayes theorem and I can show my work if anyone is really that interested and would understand it ... or you can take my word for it). Anyway, suffice it to say that I nommed her (and keep hoping someone will second because being significantly better at finding scum than the vast majority of people is pretty much what that scummy is for).

That's in 20 games. Tell me how many standard deviations above the average I am.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 26, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

I know you tend to be contrary ABR, but why on earth would you actually vote for an MC so early in day one? I can't think of a town motive for it. I'm going to be blunt and say that rationally it feels like scum doing something that nobody will think scum would do so early. You're already hard enough for me to read and trust ... why you gotta make it harder?

P-Edit: Yeah. The rule is really clear. I can mention that there is an ongoing game. I just cannot talk in any way about what's going on in it. The fact that I am in that hydra is public info easily found in my post history, so I'm pretty sure I'm well away from crossing the line. It's contextually important to know why I might be able to read Titus in this game where I've had trouble with reading her in the past (most famously in WDPT).

P-Edit2:
Because of one of my character's flavor "abilities", I am the Main Character today. Basically whomever was assigned "Lute" as their character was going to be that. RNG chose me. That same ability prevents me having a party.

Hopefully people see that this time :)
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:12 am

Post by ZZZX »

VOTE: Fluminator

Albert ya town?
Mollie/Titus ya town?

also

@mod is there any info about weither drixx start as mc is allignment indicative,result from another role,pure flavor or are you unable to answer that question?

Also

MC:ZZZX

I am ZZZX

You MC ZZZX

cus ZZZX
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 am

Post by ZZZX »

Oh
and @Drixx are you town?
redacted
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Fluminator »

I am not a Miller
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:17 am

In post 37, Drixx wrote:I know you tend to be contrary ABR, but why on earth would you actually vote for an MC so early in day one? I can't think of a town motive for it. I'm going to be blunt and say that rationally it feels like scum doing something that nobody will think scum would do so early. You're already hard enough for me to read and trust ... why you gotta make it harder?

I think it would be interesting to have DGB as the Main Character. I want her to live a while in this game so I can play longer with her. There's not much to it other than that.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:17 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 40, Fluminator wrote:I am not a Miller

:shifty:
redacted
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 am

In post 38, ZZZX wrote:Albert ya town?

Ya dude. Do you think we should vote on the region to explore?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 41, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 37, Drixx wrote:I know you tend to be contrary ABR, but why on earth would you actually vote for an MC so early in day one? I can't think of a town motive for it. I'm going to be blunt and say that rationally it feels like scum doing something that nobody will think scum would do so early. You're already hard enough for me to read and trust ... why you gotta make it harder?

I think it would be interesting to have DGB as the Main Character. I want her to live a while in this game so I can play longer with her. There's not much to it other than that.

Quick question. Is there a history of games between you two?

Like if metal (rip :cry: ) was here I would vote him for MC but well.... yea

Just askin'. Links 'be nice

pedit: I know a good idea. and i shall explain it in a moment for hte region
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:20 am

Post by ZZZX »

Also

@MOD can the MC be choosen for a few nights/days in a row?

is the MC voted today's protection valid starting today?

And is there any way for the MC to die"?
redacted
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 36, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 35, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

That's in 20 games. Tell me how many standard deviations above the average I am.

If you actually want to know, start a discussion about statistical analysis in Mafia Discussion, and I'll be happy to dump my thoughts on analyzing how people play as different alignments using Bayes Theorem and my thoughts on assigning values and weights. I have some preliminary thoughts on evaluating how people perform in certain roles, but it's a lot of work and I haven't figured out an actually useful reason to put in the work. Perhaps you can think of one if you want to start such a thread. I'll be happy to contribute. I don't think this thread is the place to try and go through all that.

And the Scummies are year by year, so if someone has a really good year, that's the point.

We're way besides the point though. I was simply saying that I know Titus has been significantly above the norm this past year (especially so in the past few months), so if she shows up and obvtowns to the people who can read her, I would not have any problem at all with letting her do her thing and giving her the partial immunity.

The thing people need to be aware of is that the MC isn't actually completely immune until LYLO. If they choose a party unwisely, the party is able to get through the immunity. That seems like a strong motivator for town to not only make sure the MC stays in town hands, but also to try and organize and keep scum out of the adventure party as much as possible. If the scum end up getting the MC, it also strikes me as a sort of Sophie's Choice for them because if they pull in a town party and slip or in some other way become widely scum read, the party can strip the protection ... but if they pick scum partners in the party, they make the game super easy for us.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Fluminator »

I have a final in 2 hours. After that I want to hammer some scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:22 am

In post 44, ZZZX wrote:
In post 41, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Quick question. Is there a history of games between you two?

Like if metal (rip :cry: ) was here I would vote him for MC but well.... yea

Just askin'. Links 'be nice

pedit: I know a good idea. and i shall explain it in a moment for hte region

It's likely been over a year that we've played so I don't remember. Feel free to look at my wiki for match history.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:23 am

In post 45, ZZZX wrote:Also

@MOD can the MC be choosen for a few nights/days in a row?

is the MC voted today's protection valid starting today?

And is there any way for the MC to die"?

All of those are answered in the OP (except the first, which I think is PObvious)

I honestly doubt that there is a restriction on MC.

MC is immune as long as they are MC, doesn't matter when it started.

In post 1, Varsoon wrote:If the party ever groups up on a target (two or more party members target the same player during the same day or night phase) then the abilities that they use on that player will always affect that player without fail--this does not extend to factional abilities. This is the ONLY way the Main Character can die aside from being lynched in LYLO.[/spoiler]

There's the answer for your third question.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”