PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #16

tyhess[3](ac1983fan, Flameaxe, Mastermind of Sin)
theopor_COD[3](vollkan, tyhess, Oman)
Mastermind of Sin[2](White, pwayne66)
ac1983fan[2](theopor_COD, curiouskarmadog)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)

Not Voting[1](Trojan Horse)

---

At deadline, it will take a
plurality
to lynch.
5-4 with 3
not voting
is a lynch.
5-3-2 with 2 not voting is a NO lynch.

This game is moving awfully quickly aswell which makes life doubly uncomfortable for the lurkers.

The lack of answer from Oman's question to ac1983 back on page 8 or whenever though is just focusing all my scum radars.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:28 am

Post by White »

How then do you feel on the past 9 pages?

Just a reminder, we've got 6 days until deadline and the highest amount of votes (as of last vote count pg 16) was 4.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:31 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'd need to do a concise re-read. As I say the game moves so quick, 6 days will probably = another ten pages.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:37 am

Post by White »

Ok, I think i'd be ok with a MoS lynch and probably a Tyhess lynch. I'm unsettled on the Acfan wagon and not ready to lynch Theo.

Theo, could you give us your insights with a time limit? Seeing as we've got a deadline perhaps you could tell us how you feel 2 days before the deadline so we can start to wagon a guy and give time for a defence before lynching/changing wagons?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:40 am

Post by theopor_COD »

White wrote:Seeing as we've got a deadline perhaps you could tell us
how you feel 2 days before the deadline so we can start to wagon
a guy and give time for a defence before lynching/changing wagons?
This rubs me up the wrong way.

You seem to want me to post a case on someone and then hope it's good enough to get a wagon on em and kind of let me take the blame, in a weird way.

I'll post opinions on everyone tomorrow, I'll have a spare couple of hours.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 am

Post by tyhess »

White: the deadline is the 1st. We have about 12 days left, not 6.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:16 am

Post by White »

Oh wow....I wonder why I thought the 24th....
Theo wrote:You seem to want me to post a case on someone and then hope it's good enough to get a wagon on em and kind of let me take the blame, in a weird way.
Nah, I just want to make sure you can put your word in on the lynch and i'm interested in your thoughts. I also want to give the person that get's wagon'd enough time to respond and deal with the accusations so that we don't mislynch.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Don't worry White. I'll post my suspects tomorrow. Needless to say ac1983 will be up top.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

theopor_COD wrote:White - No. I ain't being forced into doing something. Deal with it. I'll post if and when I want too, I'd disagree that I'm being particularly unhelpful - fact is I think everyone's lists are a pile of shit. I've also looked at MoS's post and have no intention of joining his wagon . . . go read a whole host of MoS's games he's scum quite a lot, infact I think I must have played about 4 games with him and he's always scum . . . at this stage I don't find him to be overly scummy.
QFT

This post saved your ass, theo. I just went through your posts, and this was the only post where you actually addressed the conversation about me. IT would've looked rather bad if you were all over acfan for not answering questions, but you ignored me doing the same thing. Shame, for a second there I thought I'd drawn out a scum with my antics.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has avoided talking about me.

Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
really, almost everyone?

even if that were true what would you say that means?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:52 am

Post by White »

Could it be because you're acting like scum? Evading questions? Being anti town? (please answer these questions)
You're setting yourself up for being lynched and if you turn up town...not too many people will be saddened, some people (myself included) would call you deadweight. You are contributing next to nothing.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:15 pm

acfan - lurking
CKD - said he expected me to act different if I was scum, but left himself the opening to switch opinions without anything momentous happening first
Dr. Blackstrike - has ignored conversation about me completely
FoS: Dr. Blackstrike

Flameaxe - says I'm not helping much, but doesn't really offer an analysis on me, just reiterates actions I've taken
Oman - attacking me
pwayne - attacking me
theo - defending me
Trojan Horse - defending me
tyhess - attacking me on crappy reasoning over stuff that's not even relevant to the game
vollkan - agreed with me a lot and defended me a bit, somehow managed to put me at his #3 suspicion when he "doesn't feel strongly about MoS"
White - attacking me

I have to say, pwayne absolutely owns White in this post. I didn't notice this before, but it's not only fucking genius, it's a good characterization of White as well.
pwayne66 wrote:
It's how I play, suck it up and get used to it. Some people around here would call it agressive.
...some say aggressive, some say obnoxious. I can see that there are many things that I am going to have to suck up and get used to though. Among them are: gross mis characterizations, double standards, evasiveness and an over powering sense of self importance.

I will try my best. I also apologizing for not "getting" your shtick, I just had a hard time believing that anybody would
choose
to play that way. I assumed that it was a flaw in your personality. I was wrong. Sorry.
QFFT
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:18 pm

White wrote:Could it be because you're acting like scum? Evading questions? Being anti town? (please answer these questions)
You're setting yourself up for being lynched and if you turn up town...not too many people will be saddened, some people (myself included) would call you deadweight. You are contributing next to nothing.
No, I'm not really acting like scum. I'm acting like what you *think* is scum, in your limited experience of playing with people who aren't very good at being scum.

Sure I'm evading questions. It's fun, and it draws scum out of the woodwork as the react to it.

Anti-town? Nah. I just operate differently than you do.
Suck it up and deal with it
Whoever said this was a genius. 'keffed.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Oh yea, sorry for the triple, forgot something. You consider me deadweight because you aren't stopping to consider whether or not I'm actually trying to accomplish something with what I'm doing, instead just jumping ahead to the easy solutions.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by White »

Ok then, care to elaborate on what you're doing and how it's effective? I also don't see how you drawing suspicion to yourself isn't giving the scum an easy ride to tomorrow...
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by tyhess »

Ok, MoS, time for you to redeem yourself in my eyes (which I know you think are unwarranted, but that's another topic). So what are you trying to accomplish that most think is doing nothing?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:03 pm

White wrote:Ok then, care to elaborate on what you're doing and how it's effective? I also don't see how you drawing suspicion to yourself isn't giving the scum an easy ride to tomorrow...
See? You already know more than you think you do. If I'm giving scum an easy ride to tomorrow, why not inspect more closely those who are taking said "easy ride"? No sane scum would pass up an opportunity like this, although I would not be surprised if at least one scum was on the fringe or away from it altogether, just so they aren't all connected. However, that's beside the point.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by White »

So you're saying you're deliberately encouraging people to bandwagon you and we're supposed to then sort out who's taking an easy ride and ignore the others? Or are we supposed to look for....?

That sounds like a really bad plan there MoS....heck, even if I were scum i'd be attacking you. Gosh, it's an easy way to look like i'm helping the town by attacking someone that willingly submits themself to it. Dude...that's really....not IC-ish...

Not sure whether you're scum now or not but that's a really bad and unthought out plan....

Are you saying you're giving yourself up for a lynch? Because if not then your plan fails miserably.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by tyhess »

That doesn't make sense MoS....your portraying yourself as a vanilla townie who wants to get lynched....it seems like someone is following the Doc's advice....and i don't get how if we jumped on you it would look like we were scum.....there would have to be about 4-5 people to lynch you, and theres only 2 mafia +1 cultist.....so who would you want us to lynch then when we would be down to possibly 7 protown vs 2 mafia vs possibly 2 cultists??? doesn't seem protown to me.....and what happens if we got an all out lynch on you (7 people)....then that would mean at the minimum 4 protown players......it wouldn't give us any extra info......

FoS MoS
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:acfan - lurking
CKD - said he expected me to act different if I was scum, but left himself the opening to switch opinions without anything momentous happening first
Dr. Blackstrike - has ignored conversation about me completely
FoS: Dr. Blackstrike

Flameaxe - says I'm not helping much, but doesn't really offer an analysis on me, just reiterates actions I've taken
Oman - attacking me
pwayne - attacking me
theo - defending me
Trojan Horse - defending me
tyhess - attacking me on crappy reasoning over stuff that's not even relevant to the game
vollkan - agreed with me a lot and defended me a bit, somehow managed to put me at his #3 suspicion when he "doesn't feel strongly about MoS"
White - attacking me
I just want to point out that I think MoS is acting a bit more conservatively than normal for him, and it bothers me. Theo may soon be the only one defending you, MoS.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by White »

I was waiting to say this but that's not really a list of suspicions...that's a list of actions...attacking you isn't scumming necessarily, nor is defending you. Could you actually list your suspicions? Heck, if we want to see who's attacking you...it's not that hard.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Oman »

Activity surge FTW.

I'll post now.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm starting on page 15 btw (activity!) Firstly
Unvote
A lot has gone on. I don't know where we're up to. This might go back on at the end of this post.

Tyhess is talking about theo being protown now? didn't he top the suspicion list and earn a vote?
Theo wrote:Oman was actively pressing me for something which I felt was a town-tell, fishing for information.
Well, I just wanted clarification. It was fishing, but not for anything sinister. I was fishing for information, but not role or anything else like that, so I don't see how that is a bad thing.
Theo wrote:Oman's starting to bug me aswell but that's probably just OMGUS.
Sorry :D
Tyhess wrote:I think that explains how you misinterpretted my English mistake as saying that the cultist thinks there was only one other person, compared to what I meant to say was that the mafia knew their was only 1 person they didn't know (the cultist).
So...wait what...you meant mafia? Okay so you meant one person OTHER THAN THEMSELVES. Which makes more sense for mafia than cult....hmm.

I don't like Tyhess' idea about focusing on people for 4 days or whatever. Deadlines come man.
White wrote:I'm not sure if you remember this or not but there are only 2 catagories of people in this game.
White wrote:Town and not town.
Town, Mafia (I called them scum), and cult. Mafia and cult do not know eachother or interact, therefor should be seperate.

Trojan suggests lynching a lurker. Normally I'd slam for this, but it was in passing and its been hit by a few people already.

CKD was just plain bitchy to white. If you're going to slam someone for contribution, at least do some yourself. CKD's explaination to this is unsatisfactory for me(?) BTW: 2-3 pages is a long time.

Theo is being unhelpful (yes, you are) and simply a jerk. I don't see that as scummy anymore. I think he might just be a jerky town. it makes more sense for scum to be more "helpful".
MoS wrote:Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist
Leading me to think you are town. Plus, as I've seen you behave in scumtube (I know I said I hated metagaming) you are pretty....nuts and unstable. Yet, I assume you know what you're doing (??) You have been pretty strange, but I don't think strange = scummy anymore.

I don't like white saying he'd be happy with a MoS lynch even if he was protown because he's a "deadweight" but is "unsettled" on the acfan wagon (who is even more a deadweight).
MoS wrote:You consider me deadweight because you aren't stopping to consider whether or not I'm actually trying to accomplish something with what I'm doing, instead just jumping ahead to the easy solutions.
I can believe this, but damn it had better be good.
white wrote:Dude...that's really....not IC-ish...
This isn't a newbie is it?

Tyhess are you now objecting to a MoS lynch?
tyhess wrote:what happens if we got an all out lynch on you (7 people)....then that would mean at the minimum 4 protown players......it wouldn't give us any extra info......
FTR, I can't pick a lynch atm. Theo is crazy, as is MoS, but I'm willing to bet that MoS has a plan and Theo will come good. I'm gonna put a vote on the player I think has been the most sketch so far without reason.

Vote Tyhess
MAJORFOS: Flameaxe
I am against voting for lurkers when the only thing they've done in ages is lurk.

Tyhess has changed his stance on MoS a fair bit without seeming to, his posts are contradictory and sometimes even within themselves. I disagree right now with the other 3 major wagons.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm

White wrote:So you're saying you're deliberately encouraging people to bandwagon you and we're supposed to then sort out who's taking an easy ride and ignore the others? Or are we supposed to look for....?

That sounds like a really bad plan there MoS....heck, even if I were scum i'd be attacking you. Gosh, it's an easy way to look like i'm helping the town by attacking someone that willingly submits themself to it. Dude...that's really....not IC-ish...

Not sure whether you're scum now or not but that's a really bad and unthought out plan....

Are you saying you're giving yourself up for a lynch? Because if not then your plan fails miserably.
Exactly. If you were scum, and for all I know, you might be, you'd be attacking me. Because scum feel that attacking the obviously scummy person makes them look protown, they are more likely to do it. Scum tend to stay away from attacking newbies that are scummy too much, because it's not protown to bully newbies around when they likely just don't know what they're doing. So, I gave them an IC target, someone they couldn't resist to jump on. And it seems to have worked. Now we just need to evaluate. That's what this whole game is about, isn't it? Look at what people do, who votes who, who defends who, and find scum. So let's do that.
tyhess wrote:That doesn't make sense MoS....your portraying yourself as a vanilla townie who wants to get lynched....it seems like someone is following the Doc's advice....and i don't get how if we jumped on you it would look like we were scum.....there would have to be about 4-5 people to lynch you, and theres only 2 mafia +1 cultist.....so who would you want us to lynch then when we would be down to possibly 7 protown vs 2 mafia vs possibly 2 cultists??? doesn't seem protown to me.....and what happens if we got an all out lynch on you (7 people)....then that would mean at the minimum 4 protown players......it wouldn't give us any extra info......

FoS MoS
WHOA WHOA WHOA. Who said I was vanilla townie? I certainly didn't. I'm not saying I'm anything. Who said I was willing to get lynched, too? That would be retarded. Letting myself get lynched would be giving the scum a free pass to tomorrow, as White was saying. It would take a really bad town to decide to lynch me before looking for the scum. Even if I was scum, it'd be likely that I was being bussed, so every single protown player should be analyzing my wagon instead of just waiting for me to be lynched.

There aren't 7 people on me, or I'd be dead. There are less people than that, and I'm 99% sure there is at least one, so we've got a good shot. A second one is probably among those sitting on the fence and leaning towards me.

Oman, White, pwayne, tyhess. The four people who have attacked me this game. 1 of them is scum. Oman doesn't seem like the one. He's been fairly genuine in his thoughts and willing to change his mind. Still possibly scum, but the least likely in my eyes. White is overly aggressive and likes to insult people as well, but it's possible that's just a behavioral problem. I'm willing to bet that one of pwayne and tyhess is scum. My money's on tyhess, but pwayne has been playing a pretty conservative game, in the fact that he hasn't really done much to stir people up and get a lot of attention. So much so that he might have an alterior motive for avoiding it. One of Flameaxe, Vollkan, and CKD is scum as well. Let's do some hunting, people!
Permanent V/LA.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Way to completely misrepresent me by saying I suspected you at number 3 when I "didn't feel strongly".
Vollkan wrote: I object to posting "List your Top 3 Suspects" because it is very easily exploited by scum trying to latch onto a consensus. Scumdar posting is somewhat better because it provides a fuller picture.

That said, I will list the three people I think pressure will be most helpful on in terms of clarifying my impressions of them:
1) Theo - Early scummy behaviour and not enough posting from him since to really dissuade me. Hence, pressure could bring something out.
2) Tyhess - Newby and scummy. I am interested to see his reaction to pressure.
3) MoS - Even though I don't have particularly strong suspicion of MoS,
I can see the arguments against him and I think a bit more pressure on him could be productive.
I was very clear that I was not placing you third because I felt strongly about you, but I was doing it because I felt there was a need for a bit of probing. You only took one snippet of a sentence and changed what it meant. You get a
FoS
for that.
MoS wrote: Exactly. If you were scum, and for all I know, you might be, you'd be attacking me. Because scum feel that attacking the obviously scummy person makes them look protown, they are more likely to do it. Scum tend to stay away from attacking newbies that are scummy too much, because it's not protown to bully newbies around when they likely just don't know what they're doing. So, I gave them an IC target, someone they couldn't resist to jump on. And it seems to have worked. Now we just need to evaluate. That's what this whole game is about, isn't it? Look at what people do, who votes who, who defends who, and find scum. So let's do that.
So, we are expected to believe that you have intentionally been playing scummy so as to attract votes? The whole problem with this is that any suspicion or otherwise of people based on their responses to your wagon simply assumes that you are pro-town, which is a poor foundation on which to start basing suspicion of people.

Also, MoS, if this is your strategy, for how much of this game have you been adopting it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”