Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Zindaras »

Bad timing for uni homework, it'll be a little while longer.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Ripley »

OK. There are 20 pages for Zindaras to read, and he has indicated he won't have time to start for a while. Patrick and I prefer to abandon it. Aimee? Skruffs? Is it really worth carrying on with this?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

I intend to do it tomorrow. I figure I have an hour or 4-5 tomorrow, and I should be able to get through this game in that time.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Aimee »

Ripley wrote:OK. There are 20 pages for Zindaras to read, and he has indicated he won't have time to start for a while. Patrick and I prefer to abandon it. Aimee? Skruffs? Is it really worth carrying on with this?
Hm. I don't really want to abandon it, since I hate abandoning games, but it seems like lots of the momentum has gone, which is definitely a shame. For my part in the lurking, I apologise.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Patrick »

Do you feel a win just round the corner? :lol:
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

I absolutely refuse to let a game die. I'd rather lose it than abandon it, because, there's been a lot of time and effort into it.

IF one of the mafiates want to just abandon the game, they should vote themselves, without revealing their accompolice.

I know I would be grateful. ^.^
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

All players are active, so I don't see any reason to abandon this game.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

I would really like to vote Aimee or Ripley right now. Prolly Aimee though. IT's what I want, but it's not responsible to do so.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Vote : Ripley

It's been nearly a week. Nobody seems to have any interest in this game, and Ripley wasn't quick lynched the first time. If I get counter lynched for voting, then at least it will be game over, but otherwise, this is the only way I see it moving forward.

I will be checking the thread to see if anyone responds, of course.

Ripley, it's either you or Aimee, and Aimee has more people against her right now, which makes me second guses myself about her.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Patrick »

Whilst that vote is consistent with your stated beliefs, I don't think that the lack of quicklynch last time actually means anything.

Zindaras said he's analyse this game a week ago.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yeah, I know.
And I am also aware the quick lynch doesn't mean anything - the vote was at another slow period and was not for very long.
I am glad you are still paying attention to the game, though, Patrick.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Unvote

Now I'm nervous because Patrick may have been signalling to his co hort that he is there and ready to hammer
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Patrick »

My posting to show I'm still here makes you nervous. Ok.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Ripley »

Nice to see you both! (As always.)

Skruffs, you said "this is the only way I see it moving forward." Does this mean you've given up on Zindaras bringing anything to the game? Not an unreasonable conclusion, given his contribution so far, though I dispute the wisdom of your choice of action. As you would expect.

I'm increasingly dreading the prospect of having to go back and remaster the minutiae of the events of this game, which I now only remember in a very vague and general way. I'm almost willing to take a punt at lynching Zindaras. Either the game would end then and there, and I can't say at this stage that I'd view that loss as a tragedy or indeed as any great shame, or else the success of lynching a scum would serve as an incentive to regroup and revise for the final battle.

Patrick said something earlier about Aimee not being curious about who the scum were. I recognise that that comment was a comparison of Aimee's play in this game with her play in other games, but I think IH was also massively uncurious in this game. Patrick also made a comment that he thought IH wasn't much interested in Mafia generally at this time, but he's still active here and I've seen him sign up for new games in past weeks. Yet he was, over a long period, unable to summon up the faintest interest in this particular game. (And with all of us delightful people in it too!) Such interest as I had myself, as often happens, was sustained largely by curiosity to solve a puzzle. While no two people are the same, I can't help but wonder if the lack of anything to solve, in conjunction with the need to post without tripping up or contradicting himself, might just not have been enough
fun
. And, though I've never played with Zindaras, it might be possible that the same sort of of reasons are deterring him from getting started. Skruffs, you're a serial replacer of the first rank. What do you think? Is it more of a chore taking over a scum role?

Hmm - I only meant this to be a quick two-liner when I started writing it. I must have been missing you guys.

Anyway, any thoughts?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Patrick »

Ripley. Long time no see.

I can't remember whether or not I said that about IH, though it's possible. I know Simenon did. I suppose the obvious question is whether or not he was posting alot more in other games at the time or whether certain games were getting similar treatment. It might be useful to see what Skruffs has to say.

I think my tiers of suspicion were

1. Aimee / Zindaras
2. Ripley / Skruffs
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by Aimee »

Yay posting!

Update: I'd most like to lynch Zindaras, since I remember really disliking IH's play, regarding Simenon in particular. I'd have to re-read again, though, obviously.

I wouldn't really be happy lynching anyone else, if I'm honest.

Patrick can you clarify, does your "tiers of suspicion" mean that you consider Zindie and myself as
individually
most likely to be scum or most likely to be scum partners. The reason I ask is mainly due to Ripley/Skruffs being lower down - I think the idea of those two being a partnership is fairly unlikely, judging by former Simenon/Ripley interactions in particular.

Would seriously like some comment from Zindaras at this stage.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:30 am

Post by Patrick »

Individually suspicious yes. I don't think Skruffs and Ripley are scum together either.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well I posted a week ago, and Aimee and Zindaras had both promised summaries, while Ripley had posted waning enthusiasm. Nobody posted in a week, so I had to stir the pot. Ripley seemed safer than Aimee, due to precedent.

Ripley - I'm not sure, about which side is easier to replace into or not. I enjoy the challenge of either side. It really depends on the situation - I've never been lynched as mafia after replacing in as one, which can not be said the same as townie. I actually have a pretty bad track record for replacing in to a townie position in games - I either get nightkilled or lynched very quickly, or I make it to the end. Summarizing is easy regardless of alignment, and is more influenced by the number of games you are in. In large games, I don't even read through until the 'next day', unless I'm in lylo situations.

If Zindaras was lynched and turnd up scum, I can understand there being a lot of suspicion of me, since IH was the only person to have my back when I was under pressure. This in turn pulled aat least a bit of suspicion on to him.

I don't know who Aimee's partner would be, based on her interactions with others.. did she follow ripley or patrick more? Certainly not Zindaras...
Patrick would lead back to Ripley, too, mostly.

Hmmm...
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Ripley »

Of course IH was a replacement too, and Jordan made a comment that Teffc, who he replaced, had dropped out of another game as scum and so maybe didn't like playing scum roles. So I just took a look at Teffc's other games to see if there was any evidence for this. It's qute a weird list, with not a single example of a normal completed game in it.

Newbie 375: replaced in, townie, lynched D1, self-voted Jun 3rd.
Newbie 368: Doctor, game mod abandoned Jul 2nd (D1).
Mini 453: requested replacement Jun 16th, mod abandoned, roles not known.
Mini 457: requested replacement Jul 3rd, game closed, roles not revealed.
Mini 442: requested replacement, presumably by PM circa May 22, Mafia Godfather. This is the game Jordan referred to.
Pie E7 (Us): requested replacement Jun 16th.

Not really a great deal of use, except maybe for the fact that she dropped out of another game as the same day as this one (Jun 16th) which might indicate that the exam pressure was genuine, rather than a selective desire to avoid completing games as Mafia. However, a certain amount of selection
was
involved since Newbie 368 was still going on Jun 16th and she chose to stay in that one (and was protown in it). I really wish we had the roles for Mini 453, the other game she left on Jun 16th. All we know is that of the 4/12 players dead, 3 were townies and 1 SK. Which does actually leave a reasonably high probability that Teffc was Mafia in that game (3/8, I guess.)

Skruffs, you used the fact of my not having been quicklynched at the start of the day as a reason for choosing me to vote for, and have just now again described that choice as "safer, due to precedent", yet when Patrick gave the opinion that the lack of a quicklynch was meaningless you promptly agreed, and even gave the reasons why. I don't see how you can hold both these beliefs simultaneously.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

Urm, try to look at it more objectively. There is no hard case against anyone, specifically, and the game is on the verge of abandonment. (Maybe that is teffc's curse?)

I was going to vote someone, I knew that. You hadn't been quick lynched when simenon voted you. It's'a nulltell, yes, but there is also the history of it having happened before. Plus, with zindaras gone, that left only a patrick and aimee scum team that i'd'have to worry about, rather than the much loathed possibility of ripley and patrick on aimee.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In order to get this game moving again, I'm placing a deadline for Wednesday, September 26th, at 11:59 PM GMT +1. You have roughly one week to reach a decision.

Zindaras has been prodded.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Aimee »

Mod:
Requesting deadline extension.

Reason: Likely no access at deadline. At best limited access.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

fos - aimee

you'll be around before then, though - or are you insinuating that you have no intentions of being active before we get close to deadline?
scuuuum! SCUCUUMM!!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Patrick »

I could go with an Aimee or Zindaras lynch as they are my top suspects. Skruffs, why is an Aimee/Zindaras pairing not a possibility in your eyes?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

Patrick - where did I say that it wasn't a possibility?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”