This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #13

Mastermind of Sin[3](Oman, White, pwayne66)
theopor_COD[2](vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](ac1983fan, Trojan Horse)
ac1983fan[2](theopor_COD, curiouskarmadog)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[1](Flameaxe)

Mastermind of Sin
Well I was suspect of him when the game started because he was lurkerish. Now he is out bumping heads. I don’t feel like he is bringing much to the town, though. However, people are attacking him because he is being too defensive. I have never really understood that argument. If someone attacks you (scum or town) you will defend yourself…I do not get how you can defend yourself too much. At any rate, I don’t think MoS is really “defending” himself (as portraited). I think his attitude is not really helping at the moment, however, I have a feeling that if he was scum, he would be…different, at least a little more agreeable (does that make any since?) I would like more game content, than theory from him.

Oman
I think Oman might be currently trying to get conversation started. Something (that I cant place my finger on) seems scummy about him, or the way he is doing it. However, I think I am prejudiced because in recent game I have played with him he was dayvigged scum. Since then, in that game, I have been reading and rereading his posts to find clues on other scum. At this point, I think I might be might be reading too much into his post here and seeing scum everywhere. I do not trust my scumdar (currently) in regards to Oman.

ac1983fan
lurking, lurking lurking, why my “pressure” vote is here.

vollkan
I feel like vollkan is protown. I feel like he is thinking for himself and seems to be calm and promotes town conversation. HOWEVER, it should be noted that for the same reasons my scumdar is off for Oman, my towndar is could be off for vollkan. Maybe vollkan plays this way in everygame, I don’t know…I will analyze his actions (votes, unvotes, pressures, focuses) more than his words (as I will do with Oman).

Dr. Blackstrike
It was obvious that I didn’t like his thoughts and game plans at the beginning of the game(thus my blatant attack of him early on). Now he hasn’t posted very much (don’t buy that pwayne explanation that he is lurkerish now because he was pressured early on) I don’t not think he is looking at this game from a vanilla town perspective. But what that means, I do not know. He is definitely still on my radars.

pwayne66
On the fence here. Others have mentioned that he was the first to speak against a growing bandwagon of Dr. BS. This means nothing to me yet. It can be taken many different ways. However, on the surface it appears protown because he got the town talking, and personally he made me go back and reread Dr. BS’s posts some more. Pretty active now, full of opinion, which I think is good…

tyhess
Noob. I am leaning more toward scum noob over town noob, but there really isn’t enough at this point to put together a solid (as solid as Day 1 can be) case against him…keeping an eye on him.

Trojan Horse
Not a lot here…was on the mini Dr. BS and tyhess bandwagons. I don’t agree with his latest player break downs (will go into time permitting in a different post) and will require some rereading….he is on my radar…

Flameaxe
…has not provided any content since 09/05…has posted, but no content. I think he is lurking in plain site, did someone mention he is getting replaced (thought I read that somewhere, but cant find it now).
FoS flameaxe
On my scumdar…

White (r. Rump-Wat)
aggressive, seems to be “stirring” things up. No real alignment guesses yet…need to watch more...also need to go over this post a little more thoroughly

theopor_COD
took some heat from Pwayne and vollkan several pages back. I don’t think he was as “shifty” as presented. Took on an unpopular stance, was pressure and unvoted. Since then (about a week ago) has only posted in reference to acfan’s non posting….Theo, I understand the pressure (especially in a game with a cult)..but I would like to hear your thought on everyone else (and please feel free not to be “very nicey nicey”) Leaning toward town on Theo.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

CKDog I may do but I find most of the lists completely pointless - a lot of them feel pretty flimsy. I'd rather concentrate on one or two people. I'll try and post my top three suspects say after I've re-read - but without ac1983's input I'm still gunning for him as number one scum suspect (It will irritate the hell out of me if he flakes without answering).
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:21 am

Post by tyhess »

I don't think we're getting anywhere either by looking at everybody at the same time. I think we should all post the 3 people that we think are the most scummish at this point, and see who the top 3 are as far as a group goes. From their, we attack/question/go into/try to figure out those 3 poeoples "agendas" until about Sunday. If we all think they are clean, then we can try to attack/question/etc the next 3. We have about 13 days left, and since it is day one, I think we need to come up with someone that we can almost all agree on to be scum and to lynch.

My top 3:
theo
MoS
Doc
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Oman »

Tyhess's list looks incedibly sketch. 3 bandwagonees are the three on his list? I don't know. Especially since I'm more thinkingtheo is town after his reaction to the "wagon" on him. Also I never bought the Dr. BS thing.

Tyhess, what is it about those three you find scummy?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by tyhess »

oman......look at page 13, close to the top, and it had what i think about all of them (and everybody else)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

tyhess wrote:
Mastermind of Sin:
He was the one that had a random vote on Page 4, which I thought was a littles scummish, but that has been explained as just not being there. I still don't like the vote, but I will give him the benefit of doubt (For now)
Oman:
No read yet. I know it's late in the game, but I'm still going to wait him out.
ac1983fan:
No read (obviously).....needs to post......possibly the cultist and just reading posts???? probably not, but possible
Dr. Blackstrike:
I've been keeping my eye on the Doc since his original idea. Someone thought that his quick apology for the idea was good for him, but I think it made it even more suspicious.
curiouskarmadog:
Nothing scummish imo yet.
pwayne66:
Pro-town, imo
vollkan:
Pro-town, imo
Trojan Horse:
Interseting player. At times I have thought scum, but don't really have a real read on him yet.
Flameaxe:
Same as Trojan Horse
White (r. Rump-Wat):
Is posting A LOT. He says aggressive, and I'm starting to actually beelive him. He is doing the exact same thing in the other game I'm in with him. So either he's scum in both games, or that is his play style. For now I'll beleive him.....I think that as much talknig as he's doing has to be pro-town.
theopor_COD:
Still my vote. Possibility to change quickly.
Yeh they're still very sketchy, weak, pointless even. So much fence sitting your butt must be hurting.

It's all either pro-town no reasons, maybe scum - maybe not. Infact completely pointless. What makes you think ac1983 may be cult out of interest? I was leaning much more towards mafia.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

CKD wrote:Flameaxe…has not provided any content since 09/05…has posted, but no content. I think he is lurking in plain site, did someone mention he is getting replaced (thought I read that somewhere, but cant find it now). FoS flameaxe On my scumdar…
Reading my post 2 pages ago would be of help here. Reading a game, FTW!

Anyway, since to oppressor wants more of these, I shall give him more! Reverse player list order, cause I'm just that awesome.

Theo:
Didn't see the game was going for the first few pages, wasn't a fan of Dr. BS' early posting, others didn't like his stance too much.

A similar post from him would be helpful, but it doesn't seem all too necessary, as everyone's is basically pretty similar.

White (STOP OPPRESSING ME!):
Very (keyword: very) pushy these last few pages. Seems very agressive, almost demanding things from people. (See: Scumdars) Does seem all pro-town and such, but it really isn't anything to make a definite conclusion of it.

Myself:
Got tied up, then was busy with homecoming shit. He is here now, you no longer need to leave a message after the beep.

TrojH:
Not a terribly amazing amount of posting from him quite yet (after re-reading, I can see the reasoning behind this. Good luck getting your PH.D.) Reading the posts he has made, they all seem reasonable and backed up. Not very high (or low) on my scum-o-meter.

Tyhess:
If sliding in to the latest wagon with little support behind it was a drug, Tyhess might be the crackhead of the group. Following me earlier on the DBSwagon™ basically using my reasoning behind it and saying that he seemed "odd", making himself seem "odd" in the process. Agrees with many people about X topic. (see page 7, alot of posts with "I agree" as the opener.) Overreacts to the editing the topic shenanigans.

One of the higher players on my scum-o-matic 3000.

Pwayne:
One of the more pro-town looking players. Very defensive though, seemed like he was against pressure voting and bullying. (both of which I was using earlier on against DBS) Low on my scumlist as of now.

CKD:
I don't have a huge read on him yet. After a re-read, most of his posts just really seem like responses to other posters, and they don't really seem to lead me to any conclusion.

Dr. Blackstrike:
Honestly, I'm still not a fan of his early play. The discussion on it may be over, but I'm still have some doubt in the "honest mistake" conclusion. Lurked once most pressure went away, -admitted- to that lurking and explained it as playstyle and "not knowing what to say". Would REALLY like some more analysis about the other players from you, seeing as we really don't have any at the current time. We can't even use your vote to judge your opinion really, as it hasn't changed since you basically OMGUS'd me very early on. (pages 2-4ish) Still have my eye on him.

Vollkan:
Seems to be one of the leaders of most conversation, and I'll agree with White that most people don't really oppose his thoughts very much. Hasn't exactly been under a shitload of pressure, so there really isn't any way (for me) to determine scummyness.

Acfan:
Do I really need to say anything? No. I need to write a song about lurkers to post in games with them, for sure.

Omanscum <3:
Oi, my first game was with Mr. Oman, and his play here doesn't really fit with that of N417. This may mean something, it may not. As for now, I'm leaning towards not, at least until I see some posts now that I are back up to speed in the game. Definitely seems to be pushing discussion, very agreeing. Pressuring up on MoS. Could go either way with him, really.

MastermindOfSin:
Somewhat defends me early on, gets pressure from Oman about it. For the most part, all I really see from him is him defending himself from attacks from others. Isn't really helping town ALL that much, but definitely is helping in some form. A simple player-thought post would be cool with me.

My conclusion:

I don't like the way tyhess has been playing so far. Yes, he may be a newb, but that alone doesn't justify the constant bandwagon jumping-on-ing. He has been asked to go back and try to justify these, and even post some thoughts about more of the game (potential scumz!) and I believe he has come up short with both. His latest post (to me) is yet another prime example of this. Therefore,
Vote: Tyhess
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Flameaxe wrote:
Theo:
A similar post from him would be helpful, but it doesn't seem all too necessary,
as everyone's is basically pretty similar
Does it not strike you as odd if they do?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

CKD wrote wrote:For the most part, all I really see from him is him defending himself from attacks from others.

Flameaxe wrote wrote:However, people are attacking him because he is being too defensive. I have never really understood that argument.
Do either of you have an opinion of his evasiveness? This is the main part of my vote against him, not his defensiveness.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

wrote wrote?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Also, you got them backwards, the first quote is mine.

I'm not really a fan of him evading questions and such. Like I sort of said (indirectly if anything) it's not helping the town at all.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by tyhess »

theopor_COD wrote: What makes you think ac1983 may be cult out of interest? I was leaning much more towards mafia.

ac being cult goes with something I said earlier......I think that the culist would be acting more to find out the town (ie lurking) than a mafia would be, considering he knows that all but one person is protown. It's not a strong lead, because he might just have forgotten about this game, but that is why I see him as a potential cultist, and more so than scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

pwayne66 wrote:
CKD wrote wrote:For the most part, all I really see from him is him defending himself from attacks from others.

Flameaxe wrote wrote:However, people are attacking him because he is being too defensive. I have never really understood that argument.
Do either of you have an opinion of his evasiveness? This is the main part of my vote against him, not his defensiveness.
think I stated I do not think defensiveness on a whole is scummy (some peopel think you are being defensive)...if someone is attacking you (scum or town) you defend yourself. I guess your problem is how he is doing it suggests he is scum to you...am I right? do I need to reread your post again?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

CKD wrote:think I stated I do not think defensiveness on a whole is scummy (some peopel think you are being defensive)...if someone is attacking you (scum or town) you defend yourself. I guess your problem is how he is doing it suggests he is scum to you...am I right? do I need to reread your post again?
I am not concerned with him defending himself. I agree, it isn't scummy, just detrimental to the town.

For the record, if MoS was truly interested in defending himself, he would just answer the questions. As it is, I get the impress defense is the last thing on his mind.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by White »

curiouskarmadog wrote:think I stated I do not think defensiveness on a whole is scummy (some peopel think you are being defensive)...if someone is attacking you (scum or town) you defend yourself. I guess your problem is how he is doing it suggests he is scum to you...am I right? do I need to reread your post again?
Yes, everyone is going to defend themself. That's the norm and when you don't (as MoS is so aptly demonstrating at times) you draw suspicion. However, there's a level of defensiveness that is just too much, for example:

I Vote Guardian opening of page 1, my first post. He then get's on and claims doctor and swears at me to remove my vote and calls me all sorts of names. That would be way above and beyond what is necessary and he would then be promptly lynched. It could be called hyperdefensive or whatever you want but the reaction doesn't fit the accusation.

Wow, i'm thrilled with all the progress that's been made today! Go town!

I like Tyhess's idea to post your top 3 candidates, that way we can focus on who's the most suspect and maybe start pressuring them, perhaps get a day1 crack.

MoS seems scummiest to me, evasiveness and complete uselessness to town
Tyhess is second, bandwagons galore and weak arguments, no original thoughts either except this one
Acfan is third, shameless lurking and of the few posts he's made i've not agreed with any(or most) of them
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Oman »

I'd just like to make a comment on this:
Flamescum <3 wrote:Omanscum <3: Oi, my first game was with Mr. Oman, and his play here doesn't really fit with that of N417. This may mean something, it may not. As for now, I'm leaning towards not, at least until I see some posts now that I are back up to speed in the game. Definitely seems to be pushing discussion, very agreeing. Pressuring up on MoS. Could go either way with him, really.

I'd like to comment that A) I'm trying to evolve my playstyle actively (I started an improvment thread) B) As a newbie my play style is always evolving C) I dislike metagaming :P

Okay, just thought I'd mention it.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

tyhess wrote:I think that the culist would be acting more to find out the town (ie lurking) than a mafia would be,
considering he knows that all but one person is protown
I dunno whether that's a town-tell or just a basic slip.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Oman wrote:I'd just like to make a comment on this:
Flamescum <3 wrote:Omanscum <3: Oi, my first game was with Mr. Oman, and his play here doesn't really fit with that of N417. This may mean something, it may not. As for now, I'm leaning towards not, at least until I see some posts now that I are back up to speed in the game. Definitely seems to be pushing discussion, very agreeing. Pressuring up on MoS. Could go either way with him, really.

I'd like to comment that A) I'm trying to evolve my playstyle actively (I started an improvment thread) B) As a newbie my play style is always evolving C) I dislike metagaming :P

Okay, just thought I'd mention it.
Thus the "it may mean something, it may not."
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Oman »

Theo, please explain that slip you found. I can't get anything out of it except that not all but one is protown.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I didn't say it was a slip in a scummy way. It was just a basic not reading the front page slip and yeh I think it's more genuine than anything else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by Oman »

No I mean, you call it a towntell...why?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I don't need to reveal why. Quit fishing.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

White wrote: I like Tyhess's idea to post your top 3 candidates, that way we can focus on who's the most suspect and maybe start pressuring them, perhaps get a day1 crack.
I object to posting "List your Top 3 Suspects" because it is very easily exploited by scum trying to latch onto a consensus. Scumdar posting is somewhat better because it provides a fuller picture.

That said, I will list the three people I think pressure will be most helpful on in terms of clarifying my impressions of them:

1) Theo - Early scummy behaviour and not enough posting from him since to really dissuade me. Hence, pressure could bring something out.
2) Tyhess - Newby and scummy. I am interested to see his reaction to pressure.
3) MoS - Even though I don't have particularly strong suspicion of MoS, I can see the arguments against him and I think a bit more pressure on him could be productive.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Oman »

Theo...How am i fishing by asking what you meant by this:
Theo wrote:I dunno whether
that's a town-tell
or just a basic slip.
Emphasis mine.

You say its a town tell!
Oman wrote:No I mean, you call it a towntell...why?
Theo wrote:I don't need to reveal why. Quit fishing.

BEGONE
Unvote Vote Theo
MoS is still heavily on my list but that conversation was just screwed!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: BEGONE Unvote Vote Theo MoS is still heavily on my list but that conversation was just screwed!
Oman, why was that conversation vote-worthy? Yet alone BEGONE-worthy....

I think perhaps Theo thought you were fishing for a vanilla-tell.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”