California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch.

Mgm: 4 (Dani Banani, logicticus, LoudmouthLee, Tamuz)
Adele: 2 (Gaspar, VitaminR)
Dani Banani: 1 (Talitha)
logicticus: 1 (Mgm)
LoudmouthLee: 1 (IH)
Skruffs: 1 (Cogito Ergo Sum)
Tamuz: 1 (Skruffs)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Obv they are separate lines of thought.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by IH »

DB wrote:ok, just letting everyone know... Dani Banani is an alt for LyingBrian... well not as much an alt as a new account... i'll be using this account to play games & LB to mod until i hit my 3 months, then i'll use this account exclusively...
Seriously.......

I like Zindy's 689

Logictus, it's spelled DUEL not DUAL.
Logictus wrote:
CES wrote:Sweet. Daykill! *hi-fives dayvig*

Vote: Skruffs
I hate so much about this post.
What do you hate about it? That CES, like in every other game, appreciates a daykill?
Logictus wrote:
CES wrote:I can see a real dayvig taking out xyzzy though, as a result of a desire to avoid the deadline rush that plagued Day 1. If you kill him early, then the town has all the time in the world to find a new lynch candidate.
You sound about 100% certain that you knew xyzzy was townie. This is an extremely scummy post.
I'm unsure how you gathered that? You first of all seem to be assuming that CES made the kill. Even if it would have killed scum, it's not like the day would have seemed to have ended either way.
PHAIL.

fos:Logictus

Logictus wrote:Dont know why IH is attacking LML. I feel LML is the most likely to be town at this point and there is no reason to be going after him with such vigor.
If people would only read......

There has been many things I dislike about LML's play. I am unsure if this is how he always plays or not, but it just feels scummy to me.

Many people are just off of him because of his claim and cubs action. I personally don't trust his claim at all, because of how heavily he seemed to be leaning on it to confirm him. I also don't like how he leans even more on the Cubs failed daykill. The biggest reason why I also don't believe Cubs duel doesn't clear him is Cubs claim, and the gigantic possibility that he misread his PM.

The guy claimed count of Monte Cristo when he was not.
He was town.
Why would he claim Count of Monte Cristo if he didn't read SOMETHING wrong?

This doesn't condemn LML in it's own right, BUT it also doesn't clear him. In other words, since it does not clear him, I am still suspicious of him.

LML.... please help me to get a better grasp of your claim. What are you searching for as a searching townie? Did you also claim your rolename? I can't remember.

I don't like how Logictus deciphered the posts in around 8 minutes.
Tamuz wrote:Skruffs constantly pokes happy vibes and a George Bush like support to Thesp (allowing that Thesp is Dick Cheney). And then once Skruffs gets under fire Thesp is there, the gallant knight in shining armour to help bail his child out.
I haven't actually seen Thesp coming to Skruffs rescue.....
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by logicticus »

IH wrote:
Logictus wrote:
CES wrote:I can see a real dayvig taking out xyzzy though, as a result of a desire to avoid the deadline rush that plagued Day 1. If you kill him early, then the town has all the time in the world to find a new lynch candidate.
You sound about 100% certain that you knew xyzzy was townie. This is an extremely scummy post.
I'm unsure how you gathered that? You first of all seem to be assuming that CES made the kill. Even if it would have killed scum, it's not like the day would have seemed to have ended either way.
PHAIL.
I dont see where I am making the assumption that CES made the kill. Let me break it down for ya.

He is saying that a real dayvig (which i find to be odd terminology, how does he know it wasnt a real dayvig? why does it need to be qualified?) would want to take out xyzzy out early to avoid the deadline rush.

Aside from the terminology, i find this logic lacking. If anything, taking out xyzzy is more likely to lead to a deadline rush. He was second in the voting after cubs and it wouldnt have taken much to get him lynched before the deadline. In the couple posts before his death, people were already lining up to lynch him. Now that he is dead, we are starting without a lead candidate which will prolong the day.
I don't like how Logictus deciphered the posts in around 8 minutes.
Not sure what this means.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I did claim my rolename. I'm searching for a player. I'm a very very weak power role.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by IH »

Logicticus wrote:He is saying that a real dayvig (which i find to be odd terminology, how does he know it wasnt a real dayvig? why does it need to be qualified?) would want to take out xyzzy out early to avoid the deadline rush.

Aside from the terminology, i find this logic lacking. If anything, taking out xyzzy is more likely to lead to a deadline rush. He was second in the voting after cubs and it wouldnt have taken much to get him lynched before the deadline. In the couple posts before his death, people were already lining up to lynch him. Now that he is dead, we are starting without a lead candidate which will prolong the day.
1.You completely ignore the discussion at the time, that it could have been an SK, daykilling SK, or Poisoner/delayed kill.

2.This doesn't lead to him knowing Xyzzy would come up townie

3.I believe he was basing it off yesterday.
Logictus wrote:I don't like how Logictus deciphered the posts in around 8 minutes.
MGM posted he had a breadcrumb.

8 minutes later you deciphered it and posted it here.

You did indeed LML I had forgotten.

Is the person you're searching for guaranteed to of alignment for future reference, or not?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

It is not explicitly said. I will ask the mod.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by logicticus »

oh that.

because its terribly time consuming to sort by his posts, write down the first letter of the posts until it makes sense and then wikipedia it.

that must take at least 15 minutes.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Gaspar »

(Glork here. I need to get Primate to post his thoughts at some point... asked him to do so over the weekend, and got a quick "no worries" response, but he obviously hasn't done so since then.)

A quick check-in post... I'm still waiting to hear Adele give some thoughts on players. (And yes, I realize that I've not made much of an explicit case as to why I suspect her, other than the few vague things I mentioned yesterday. I myself am bogged down and have not found the time to make an explicit post.) I'm also interested to hear DP's updated perspective after yesterday.

The response to CES's "woo, daykill!" post has been interesting. A select handful of people have pointed out that they're not particularly fond of it, but nobody's actually made a move on CES. I almost get the feeling that scums are waiting to see if anything will actually come of it.

Random note: Pooky got bugged about Logic "having a hard time reading people," yet he never acknowledged that Dani said effectively the exact same thing in Post 690. Any particular reason for this, Pooksters?

Zindaras: You've made a "note to self" to look at both Adele and Dani, but Adele is listed at one full notch higher than Dani. Before re-reading, what distinguishes Adele from Dani on your most recent list?

Mgm's claim is uninspiring... however, in my experience, scums don't often breadcrumb Townie. I feel slightly less confident in lynching him now than I did before his claim, but I'm still none too pleased about his play/suspicions.

I find the Tamuz/Skruffs debate distracting and uninteresting... but I'm not really getting any scumvibes from either player.

No changes to my list as of now; I'd like to see some people (Adele, DP, Tally, VitR) come in and post extended thoughts on current events.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Glork

My 2nd line had nothing to do with my first line.

When I said I don't like it when people say they are having a tough time getting a read on people

I was referring to Talitha/Dani.

That's why Logi asked me to clarify and that's why I did clarify on my next post.

If Logi did say something like "i have a tough time reading people in this game" then I would make the same comment regarding him.

Currently that comment is in reference to people who have said something along the lines of "I'm having a tough time reading people in this game"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Since players do not seem to see what I'm talking about, despite me having articulated it I will cease talking about the my take on skruff's claim, but my thoughts will still be reflected in my Vote as it builds.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Post by Mgm »

The response to CES's "woo, daykill!" post has been interesting. A select handful of people have pointed out that they're not particularly fond of it, but nobody's actually made a move on CES. I almost get the feeling that scums are waiting to see if anything will actually come of it.
It could be one of jeep's common tells, but without some additional evidence I'm not going that route.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am wondering what people who are having a tough time reading people in this game should actually say so as to please Pookybear. I am not going to make up some reasons to make myself sound better, that is the gameplay of scum.

"it also alerts the scum as to who is confused about the game so that they know who they don't need to kill." And our vote lists don't? C'mon Pooks, this kind of reasoning isn't up to your usual standards :)

Anyway, I acept the point about being non-commital, I will rectify that, but not tonight as i am too tired.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 am

I'm not saying you need to have a good read on everybody.

I'm saying that you shouldn't say something like that you are having trouble getting a read on people in this game.

People who are having a tough time reading people shouldn't volunteer that information because it can't help the town and can only help the scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:32 am

Post by Talitha »

I disagree
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Mgm »

I don't.
Show
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:24 am

if you disagree, would you like to at least point out one possible benefit for a protown player to tell everyone that he has "a hard time reading everyone"?

And my point stands on the lists, if the scum are killing by the lists, that makes them trackable.

Also if two players both happen to put a scumbag higher up on their list relatively and one of those players has an actual read and is putting that scumbag up there because of said read and the other player just happens to have the person there randomly, wouldn't the other person saying something like "i'm having a hard time reading people in this game" make the scum more likely to nail the person who actually does have a read on one of them?

Doesn't this help scum prioritize their kills to go after the people who actually are moving in the right direction with their votes while downgrading those who are snowed?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by VitaminR »

The CES comment is something I can see him do as town quite easily. Null tell, in my opinion.

I don't like logicticus blowing this somewhat out of proportion and putting another MGM vote (who I still don't really suspect at all...).

I like IH's scrutiny of logicticus over this.

I think Pooky has a good point about being non-committal and I'm moving Talitha up my list.

Vote: Adele
, logicticus, Tamuz, Dani Banani, foolinc, Talitha, [Skruffs, IH, LML], [Zindaras, Gaspar, Thesp] [MGM, Dragon Phoenix, CES, Pooky]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Thesp »

Dani Banani wrote:@Talitha
not so much confidence as it is that's the feeling i got reading the exchange... i also am having a hard time getting reads on people, including you...
This feels.......
threatening
logicticus, re: Mgm's claim wrote:For those who dont want to play the game, the first letters (minus the s and confirm) spell:

Eugenie Townie.
This blows holes in my theory. Hrm.
FOS: Mgm.

IH wrote:I don't like how Logictus deciphered the posts in around 8 minutes.
Why?
Gaspar/Glork wrote:The response to CES's "woo, daykill!" post has been interesting. A select handful of people have pointed out that they're not particularly fond of it, but nobody's actually made a move on CES. I almost get the feeling that scums are waiting to see if anything will actually come of it.
Your defense of CES is noted.

I will try to get a Condorcet up tonight.
VitaminR wrote:The CES comment is something I can see him do as town quite easily. Null tell, in my opinion.
What do you think of CES on the whole?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:13 am

Post by VitaminR »

Town.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mgm's claim is rather weak.
Tamuz wrote:So Zindy if you disagree with my vehemence, what do you think of the relationship between Thesp and Skruff.

Skruffs constantly pokes happy vibes and a George Bush like support to Thesp (allowing that Thesp is Dick Cheney). And then once Skruffs gets under fire Thesp is there, the gallant knight in shining armour to help bail his childe out.

I
really don't believe those two would be masons. If anything scum would be more believable.
Uhh, I haven't looked at this one yet, I'll take a look at it.
Gaspar wrote:Zindaras: You've made a "note to self" to look at both Adele and Dani, but Adele is listed at one full notch higher than Dani. Before re-reading, what distinguishes Adele from Dani on your most recent list?
Gut. I had a gut feeling that Adele was scum. I just told myself to reread Dani because I don't really remember anything from him, and I wanted to get a better read.

As an aside, Pooky's last few posts have been giving me good vibes. Time to update my little list. Note on my list: my opinions on the people who I currently have listed as town aren't very strong.

Vote: [Mgm, Adele, Skruffs], [IH, foolinc, logicticus, Dani Banani, Gaspar, Talitha, Thesp, Tamuz], [VitaminR, Cogito Ergo Sum, Dragon Phoenix, PookyTheMagicalBear], LoudmouthLee, No Lynch, Zindaras
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:53 am

Post by logicticus »

IH wrote:
Logicticus wrote:He is saying that a real dayvig (which i find to be odd terminology, how does he know it wasnt a real dayvig? why does it need to be qualified?) would want to take out xyzzy out early to avoid the deadline rush.

1.You completely ignore the discussion at the time, that it could have been an SK, daykilling SK, or Poisoner/delayed kill.

2.This doesn't lead to him knowing Xyzzy would come up townie
1) I did not ignore the discussion around the possibilities, its irrelevent. IF he is hypothesizing, why does he need to use the word "real?" He could have just as easily said "I can see a dayvig taking out xyzzy though..."

The sentence still makes sense, the sentence still hypothesizes what a dayvig would have done. By using the term "real dayvig" it implies knowledge of how the kill was actually performed (in reality). In my opinion, the implication would look something like this:

"Xyzzy wasnt killed by a dayvig, but I can see a real dayvig taking out xyzzy..."

So, what this has to do about the discussion about modes of kills, I dont know.

2) True this doesnt address how he would know xyzzy would know he is town, but there is just something in his tone that leads me to believe that. At the very least, the tone seems to indicate indifference because MGM knows xyzzy isnt part of his group.

As for the breadcrumbing his role. I dont see why a townie would feel a need to breadcrumb it that clearly.

@VitR - Really, putting 4 out of 9 needed votes on MGM really makes you feel this uneasy?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Mgm »

As for the breadcrumbing his role. I dont see why a townie would feel a need to breadcrumb it that clearly.
I believe breadcrumbing a vanilla townie role early on in a power-heavy game indicates early knowledge vanillas actually exist. If more such claims come, or if vanilla townies are killed, it makes my claim stronger since I had the knowledge at the start of the game.

People who claim vanilla townie have next to nothing to back their role up and I think breadcrumbing has a significant advantage over a cold claim. Would you believe me if I hadn't put out the breadcrumbs?
Show
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:07 am

Post by logicticus »

At this point? No.

But I think its just as likely that scum would breadcrumb vanilla townie (the most common of scum claims) early on so they have a fall back when they get under pressure.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

logicticus wrote:(which i find to be odd terminology, how does he know it wasnt a real dayvig? why does it need to be qualified?)
Easy. I was talking about a real dayvig as opposed to a daySK pretending to be one.
logicticus wrote:Aside from the terminology, i find this logic lacking. If anything, taking out xyzzy is more likely to lead to a deadline rush. He was second in the voting after cubs and it wouldnt have taken much to get him lynched before the deadline. In the couple posts before his death, people were already lining up to lynch him. Now that he is dead, we are starting without a lead candidate which will prolong the day.
A day should be more than enough time for a town to find a lynch target. Losing its main lynch target later in the day could however easily cause the town to screw up.
Thesp wrote:This blows holes in my theory.
Your theory? Please elucidate.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”