Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

GodOfWine wrote:People like MoS and Shanba are kind of annoying me here, by voting for people who are in absolutely NO danger of being lynched. If you're only doing this so that later you can say "Look I voted for this guy back when no one else did!" just put a freaking FoS on them and let it go. MoS vote/unvote was totally weak. Shanba's vote on Setael was retarded. Oman should just self-vote and let TCS do the honors.
I'm voting for him because I want to call attention to the fact that he's scum and get other people to vote him. An FoS just doesn't carry that much weight. Look, by me voting him, you're already noticing it. Clearly it's done the job. I was confident that if the town really wanted Oman lynched, someone would step up, but I decided I didn't want to be apart of it. I wasn't going to be in the majority that tried to lynch someone I believed to be innocent, even if it meant no lynch instead. I realized that only a protown person would pony up and volunteer to hammer him, and so I felt no pressing need to assist their suicide, because I felt Oman was telling the truth. I voted Erg0 as an expression of my belief that he should be the one to die. Not Oman, not TCS. Erg0-scum is the one we need dead.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Vote: Erg0

Stupid vote count reset.
Permanent V/LA.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Anything more to it than that one point of theory that we disagree on? I'll argue that with you if you want, but I strongly believe that it would be a waste of time. If there's something else to the case then feel free to let me know.

Vote: Setael
, incidentally.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm sure I could easily make a case for you to be scum, Erg0. However, any case I try to make against you will be tainted by the fact that I already think you are scum, and it would seem that I twisted your actions to make them look like they were motivated by a scum alignment. That's pretty easy to do, and I'm not going to fall into that pit trap.
Permanent V/LA.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Erg0 »

So you can't make a case against me because you think I'm scum? That's the most brilliant non-answer I've heard in a while.
V/LA most weekends.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Kison »

Here's my problem with Erg0 :
Erg0 wrote:Hypothetically, anyone that refused to hammer should be lynched in his place, though in practice we probably don't have time.
Vote : Erg0

Oman still could be scum.

I don't like Paradoxombie's latest reason for going after Albert B. Rampage.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Kison wrote: I don't like Paradoxombie's latest reason for going after Albert B. Rampage.
and why is that so?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Cause you're a retard that killed the doc in 436.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ugh. Yay for disregarding 41 pages of content and voting based on one hypothetical point.

I seriously don't want to drag this out, but I can prove you wrong if you really need me to.
V/LA most weekends.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Go for it.
Permanent V/LA.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ok then:

The plan, as proposed, was that we should vote on the next scummiest player and require that player to hammer Oman. The idea is that we essentially get a second lynch option for the day if Oman is telling the truth about his role, because the person we select to hammer will die. The point of the exercise is to choose the person that we would lynch of we were not going to lynch Oman. The selected individual's opinions on Oman are irrelevant to the exercise, the point is that the will of the town states that they are scummiest and should be the one to potentially die.

This is why I say that we should lynch any player that refuses to comply. If this were a real lynch vote rather than a simulation, the individual does not have an option on whether to be lynched - once the town decides, that's it. My statement was intended to convey the the concept that the same would apply if we were to vote on the chosen hammerer. As with a normal lynch, if the person chose to claim before they reached a majority then that would be taken into account in the voting as each individual saw fit, but it doesn't get them an auto-out. The person who receives the majority of votes hammers or gets lynched - the town has spoken. If we didn't apply this rule then the entire exercise would be completely pointless.

Point is, we
didn't
fully adopt the plan, and therefore this isn't relevant to anything. At all.
V/LA most weekends.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Kison »

Erg0 wrote:Point is, we
didn't
So if I say we should lynch the claimed cop, and it doesn't happen, we just disregard that attempt?

Paradoxombie : You were very misleading in your statement about Albert when you voted him. Albert B Rampage did not
refused
to hammer Oman. At the time he said that he would hammer if the town felt he should, people were being asked to select who they felt should place the hammer anyway.

Your
other
reasons for going after him are a different story.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

vote: Erg0

Post 1036 is absolutely incoherent babble.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Kison wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Point is, we
didn't
So if I say we should lynch the claimed cop, and it doesn't happen, we just disregard that attempt?
No, we shouldn't - but I didn't say that, or anything like it. I said we should force the person with the most votes to hammer, regardless of other factors. If somebody claims cop and a bunch of people still vote for them, then on their heads be it.

You're either not reading carefully or deliberately strawmanning me.
The plan I proposed is functionally identical to the normal lynching process.
Feel free to take the idea into account in your assessment of my play, but at least try to understand what I'm saying first.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Erg0 »

GodOfWine wrote:
vote: Erg0

Post 1036 is absolutely incoherent babble.
And
this
is why I didn't want to get into this. We'll waste a bunch of time arguing over it until you realise I'm right, and then we'll be a day from deadline with nobody to lynch.
V/LA most weekends.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Oman - are you perpetually unlynchable? If so, we can just make ABR hammer you this time.

Shanba - Wow. So aggressive, completely unBelgian of you, and completely unlike the townieshanba I've seen in other games. Why the Skruffs hate? Unless you think I can see through your little guise?

I do not understand why a power role would risk themselves like that (TCS), but I rarely understand TCS's manner of playing. :P

ABR had no problem taking someone out of hte game buyt balked at being asked to risk the same to prove someone's role claim. Instead, he let TCS claim - another power role dead because of ABR's action or nonaction. And no, it's nto explicitly ABR's fault that TCS died, TCS is a moron.
For the record, ABR, I have no perception of you other than the one you are portraying in this game. It sounds like you are trying to make yourself out to be a new battle mage, or something. Drop the hubris, and help the town,
for once
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

Okay, okay, its not incoherent its just worthless.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Unvote, vote Skruffs

There's my hefty share of helping.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'd like you to tell me why you think that.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Erg0 »

That was to GoW, obv.
V/LA most weekends.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

Erg0 wrote:Point is, we didn't fully adopt the plan, and therefore this isn't relevant to anything. At all.
You can't tack this on to the end of your most detailed post and then expect it to be taken seriously. I actually agree with the plan you proposed, I just can't see it actually being organized because there would always be some morons who didn't see the logic and refuse to adhere, based on the logic those moronic refusers are supposed to be automatically forced to hammer, and I'm sure there will be more than one.

Also, since the vote count has been reset, we would have to wait for Oman to return to L-1, which I don't think is even going to happen.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm not suggesting that we do this now - this is in relation to the plan that I proposed in post 925 (for the first Oman lynch), which MoS and Kison apparently now have an issue with.
V/LA most weekends.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Kison wrote: Paradoxombie : You were very misleading in your statement about Albert when you voted him. Albert B Rampage did not
refused
to hammer Oman. At the time he said that he would hammer if the town felt he should, people were being asked to select who they felt should place the hammer anyway.
Well I didn't intend to be misleading, I puposely used the phrase "indirect refusal" and later was more clear when I was laying it all out. The thing is, I don't see why ABR said he would only hammer if the town reached a concensus. If he authentically didn't believe Oman, then there would be no point in caring about it, a protown player would simply volunteer like TCS did. It doesn't really make sense that he actually cares whether or not he hammers, once you're on a wagon you take just as much responsibility as the last guy. Imo, it makes most sense that he knew Oman was town and therefore probably not lying, so he gave a condition that the town couldn't reasonably make for him to hammer.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:50 pm

It makes sense because I know that I am town...that I think that a few others also think I'm town, and it would be a waste of a town player.

You know parax, your problem is you OVERTHINK. People could go through the same thought process as you and come to the RIGHT CONCLUSION. Every time I see you play its the same shit. I don't mean to be so rude, but dude, just, freaking GET IT.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Oman »

Skruffs wrote:Oman - are you perpetually unlynchable? If so, we can just make ABR hammer you this time.
Firstly, why not just lynch him? Why make him hammer me? A lynch is easier to organise and doesn't give him a chance.

No I'm not saying I agree with an ABR lynch, but seriously, what is this plan?

Ergo: you need to drop the A) attitude and B) belief that you are right and will win all arguments. I'm sick of reading stuff you write like "We'll waste a bunch of time arguing over it until you realise I'm right," and "but I can prove you wrong if you really need me to."

Para - What is your case on Albert, I happen to think you're wrong. You'll notice MoS refused to hammer me, why aren't you voting him for it?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”