Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #11

theopor_COD[2](vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](ac1983fan, Trojan Horse)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin[1](Oman)
ac1983fan[1](theopor_COD)

Not Voting[4](pwayne66, Flameaxe, White, curiouskarmadog)

---

Reminder, there is a deadline: October 1
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by tyhess »

White wrote:
Pwayne wrote:True. Maybe he could refrain from accusing people of whining and having crap ideas until then.
It's how I play, suck it up and get used to it. Some people around here would call it agressive.

Obviously all your doing is being is beign aggressive.....but his point is valid. I like how you read 4 pages and then commented, but stop "whining and having crap ideas" not related to the pages that you have read so far.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

White wrote:
Pwayne wrote:True. Maybe he could refrain from accusing people of whining and having crap ideas until then.
It's how I play, suck it up and get used to it. Some people around here would call it agressive.
Hypocrit. Don't attack me for "how I play" and then turn around and expect to be able to defend yourself with it.
Permanent V/LA.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:34 am

Post by ac1983fan »

sorry for not posting, im here, i meant to read and post yeasterday, but i got interuppted... sorry,
Not a dayvig.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:11 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...some say aggressive, some say obnoxious. I can see that there are many things that I am going to have to suck up and get used to though. Among them are: gross mis characterizations, double standards, evasiveness and an over powering sense of self importance.

I will try my best. I also apologizing for not "getting" your shtick, I just had a hard time believing that anybody would
choose
to play that way. I assumed that it was a flaw in your personality. I was wrong. Sorry.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:02 am

Post by White »

Passive agression, nice. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. Reading now.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:08 am

Post by White »

Ok, not too much thoughts on the previous pages as it just seemed bashing here and bashing there, nitpicking and grumbling.
CKD wrote:AGAIN? Tyhess is jumping on the bandwagon of the hour without providing much content at all...
This stuck out to me because it perfectly embodies my sentiments up to page 7 regarding Tyhess. Tyhess, branch out and state your own ideas, don't jump from bandwagon to bandwagon, that looks scummy.

It was been said that Pwayne plays more defensively than the normal player. I'm going to have to agree with this, in addition it seems Pwayne takes things personally, again not good. Pwayne, the goal of this game is to win, not to not lose. You playing to not lose is counterproductive, play to win or go home. Oh, and please stop taking things so personally, it's a game.
Oman wrote:Any objections?
Oman, this game isn't a popularity contest. Your opinions shouldn't be able to be swayed so easily as someone saying "No, I think you're wrong" and you rewriting. That's being wishy washy and it looks scummy.
Theo wrote:First off can everyone attempt when quoting other players to leave the person's name in the quote
QFT

I also find MoS way more defensive than I would even imagine of him for only having 1 (ONE) vote on him. It's simply uncalled for. He also stated that he hates being called out for stupid mistakes when he's scum more than when he's town, it appears to me he foretold his actions to a T. For this reason,
Vote: MoS

I think as we're now at over 10 pages it would be advantageous to everyone to post their scumdars so we can get moving on the right lynch of the day.

Theo - I'm not getting any scum vibes from him. He made some blunders in the beginning of the game but are we going to be anal about it?

Vollkan - I particularily don't like that Vollkan has run into virtually zero opposition to all of his views. He comes across like a mediator and judge, his words supercede others. This I don't like. However he hasn't really done anything deserving of a scum metal.

Tyhess - Newb. Made too many mistakes to let fly though so i'm going to see how he reacts as time goes by. Wildcard because I can't really get a read on him because of his newbiness.

Flame - I never really saw the case against Flame, it seemed more to me that people were antsy and so they picked a target and ran with him, then Flame kinda crumbled and disappears.
Mod: Please prod Flame

Acfan - Newb as well. However has made virtually no effort to contribute to the game. I have recently been smarted by lynching a lurker and then losing the game because of it so i'm anti-lynch-all-lurkers. I much prefer to prod them until they go replaced. Seems scummy.
FoS: Acfan. Mod: Please prod Acfan

TH - Seems new to the game (gee, there are quite a few) but has made his effort to pull his weight. I don't see too much going on wrong with TH so i'm not too concerned, i'll still keep my eye out but I don't see any big blunders.

BS - Newb (again). I'd like to see BS post more in light of the recent activity. I also don't understand why he wasn't lynched. I don't understand why the bandwagon was dropped against him so if someone could point me to the post(s) that made him seem townier? Looks scummy to me.

MoS - Overreacts. Taking things personally. Overly defensive. Jumping on Oman for reasonably minor mistakes. Seems antsy and trigger happy. Looks most scummy to me out of the current living players.

Oman - Has a lot of trouble defending himself. Has no trouble joining in on bashing others though as was demonstrated in pages like 1-7 or something. Seemed like anything Vollkan said, Oman agreed with. Not really liking that so i'll keep my eye on you but still i'm leaving this without a FoS.

Pwayne - Strikes me as a pacifist. Seems to abhor confrontation and doesn't like to "dissuade conversation" by voting for someone (I have yet to see this work in reality, votes stimulate conversation) which sounds crock to me. Takes things personally and needs to realize it's just a game. I'm willing to attribute this all to newbiness though. No FoS but still somewhat suspicious.

CKD - I find myself agreeing with CKD a lot. I like many of his views and support him. He hasn't really done too much to arouse suspicion imo. I do recall MoS saying that we needed to pressure or something CKD but then MoS just kinda dropped what he seemed so adamant about. Hmm. No FoS for CKD.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:51 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Pwayne - Strikes me as a pacifist. Seems to abhor confrontation and doesn't like to "dissuade conversation" by voting for someone (I have yet to see this work in reality, votes stimulate conversation) which sounds crock to me. Takes things personally and needs to realize it's just a game. I'm willing to attribute this all to newbiness though. No FoS but still somewhat suspicious.
Are we reading the same game here? At what point have I indicated that I abhor confrontation (for that matter, I never did hear where I advocated sitting back and asking others to work). I have confronted a hoard of posters for what I felt was a weak case against Dr. BS. I have confront both MoS and Volkan for what still strikes me as a tag teamed and illogical attack on Oman. I have attacked you repeatedly for mischaracterizing actions in this game.

As far as taking things personally. It always seems that the most aggresive posters that get defensive call names and claim that it is them just "playing the game" and that the other player "takes things too seriously" when somebody calls them out. It never seems to occur to them that the other player might just be playing along, and in reality they are the ones bringing the arguement OOC by talking about playing the game and other being to serious.

Onto newbiness... try answersing some questions, and comprehending what is happening in this game correctly and then I will take you serious as an IC.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 am

Post by White »

*laugh* I'm no IC dude, completed 2 games and one of those I replaced into on Day 3. For for pacifism, it's just a general vibe i'm getting from you, however the things you have said are true about what you have done regarding controntation and so I retract that statement. It was said based off of your desire to not pressure vote to dissuade conversation (could you provide an example of when a vote dissuades conversation?) which I still interpret as a desire to not pressure vote.
Pwayne wrote:As far as what I have done to get the other talking. Nothing. I have been more focused on figuring out the logistics of this game. I am just arguing that we put aside the "gotcha" politics for a moment and determine a course of action.
So you've done (at the point I made that statement) nothing to get others to talk but you're "arguing that we put aside" the idiotic nonsensical blah blah for real game content related material. You said in essence "Guys! Stop whining and do something helpful!" while doing nothing helpful yourself. That is where I got my info from.

Can you post your scumdar?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:20 am

Post by pwayne66 »

It was said based off of your desire to not pressure vote to dissuade conversation (could you provide an example of when a vote dissuades conversation?) which I still interpret as a desire to not pressure vote.
Earlier in this game, when it was to the town's benefit to place ourselves in the shoes of the cult to determine what course of action to take, Flameaxe and Karmadog promptly voted for him. The only result I saw coming from this was Dr. BS changing his stance or maintaining his line of thought under the threat of lynch. Thus he backed away from an idea that he still seems to support but fears expressing the reasons why as he might be seen as culty.

Dissuading conversation is anti-town. Allowing Dr BS to state his full case, is pro town. Bullying him into shutting his mouth is anti-town.

It strikes me as odd that the town still buys the theory that the votes on Dr. BS stimulated conversation. Dr. BS has been non-existent since the incident. He was posting prior to it.

Pressure votes do work when people are not talking or not answering specific questions. Players that are willfully talking still react to votes, but in the opposite way.

I'll post my scumdar tomorrow after I reread the last few pages.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:30 am

Post by White »

Pwayne wrote:Dissuading conversation is anti-town. Allowing Dr BS to state his full case, is pro town. Bullying him into shutting his mouth is anti-town.
I agree that it's anti town. However I see things differently. Dr BS posted what he thought, it came across scummy and was interpreted by I think everyone as not protown. Are you saying we should've encouraged him to keep spouting off not protown statements and that would've made him less scummy looking?

Btw, the votes on Dr BS did stimulate conversation, in fact that whole bandwagon and the ensuing activity led us onto the future bandwagons. So it did actually stimulate conversation, just not conversation coming from Dr BS.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:49 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I agree that it's anti town. However I see things differently. Dr BS posted what he thought, it came across scummy and was interpreted by I think everyone as not protown. Are you saying we should've encouraged him to keep spouting off not protown statements and that would've made him less scummy looking?
Possibly. Or it could have made him more scummy looking. The point is, now, we don't know. He stopped talking. The post everybody jumped on was still going to be there and could be referenced later.

Do you feel like you got more insight in Dr. BS's position or motivations because he was pressured. I don't. I think he would have been perfectly happy to continue telling us what he thought had the bull in the china shop approach not been taken.

I have stated that I felt that the start of this game ought to be treated differently. I have stated that I thought everybody was so too anxious to start posting "x is scummy" b/c I didn't feel that the same rules of scumminess applied. I have stated that I thought the town needed to discuss what is and is not the goal of scum in this game and that I felt people saying "you messed up you must be scum" was only distracting to developing a town plan. I am apparently alone in my reasoning.

Anything that I have said during this phase (3 pages or so?) was done for the stated purpose. It wasn't done for hunting scum. I didn't feel like I had enough info to hunt scum during this phase. I doubted anybody else did too.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:46 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I lied. I put a quick one together today. I included my first list on page four and inserted any changes.
Mastermind of Sin- I'm not thrilled about his random vote in the middle of page 4 or his lack of an apology for his absence. It's not that I need an apology, or that accidents don't happen, It would just show some sort of interest in helping the town.
He has explained this and argued it with White. I never thought this action was scummy, only disrespectful. That said, I am much more concerned with his actions, evasiveness and defensiveness toward Oman.
Oman- Can't get a good feel on him. Has posted calm and reasonable insight. Has his sights on Flameaxe and I don't know that I blame him.
Also doesn't seem to take much seriously. This could pose trouble later on as it provides opprotunity to say "I was just playing then" if asked questions about actions.
ac1983fan- I can't anything here.
Nothing has changed here. This absolutley has to stop.
Vollkan- seems legit. suspicions of flameaxe might be a little aggressive.
Here, I agree with White. He is in a mediator role so far, and it bothers me. The tagteam action of MoS and himself against Oman, is troubling as well.

Dr. Blackstrike- early questions cast suspicions about his loyalty. I have no particular reason to believe him town but don't think that his question betray his allegiance.
needs to post more. Considering that he is on a lot of people's lists, he ought to be concerned with ridding himself of those suspicions. If he isn't, that seems suspicious.

curiouskarmadog- first to jump on Dr. BS and his questions were legit. May have stayed on the "Dr. BS bandwagon" too long though.
Nothing new IMO.
tyhess- continues to vote Dr. BS b/c he is "weird". This seems, well... weird.
Hasn't improved in my view.
Trojan Horse- seems intent on contributing to the discussion
No changes.
Flameaxe- Seems a tad defensive. that's not scumtell but it should be noted. Like CKD, I can appreciate a little pressure on the doc initially, but he seems to try too hard too build a case that isn't there.
Needs to be around more. I don't really hold the Dr. BS situation against him, but given the lack of anything else to judge, it's all I have.
Rump-Wat- His "Flameaxe was suspicious and now isn't but initially it was a random vote" stance is bothersome. I would like to know specifically what was suspicious about flameaxe and what happened to stop the suspicion.
Now White. If I had to guess, I would say protown. I can't imagine scum benefiting from bringing this much attention to themselves (WIFOM anybody?). Likes to stir the pot. I will be curious to see how this works out.
theopor_COD- was absent for quite a while and as far as I am concerned is still. Can't list any real pros or cons.
I am hard pressed to find anything either protown or controversial about this player.

Vote:MoS

PS. I realized that I forgot AC while I was typing this out. That speaks volumes to his/her contribution to this game.[/b]
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:58 am

Post by White »

I do love to stir the pot. I find it much easier to find scum that way. If you can piss everyone off then you can find the arguers that are justified and the ones that aren't. Justification is very very difficult to fake. Hence the reason I picked on you earlier, you passed btw, you don't seem that bad.
Pwayne wrote:Also doesn't seem to take much seriously. [Oman]
Really? I'm getting a different read, he seems pretty defensive to me (for good reason) and seems to be taking things seriously but keeps messing up his words and stumbling over himself.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I was prodded, but alas! I are here. To make it simple, I forgot to mention that this week happened to be homecoming week at my school, and I have had very little access because of it. Will re-read tomorrow probably, depending on workloads.

(Already let the mod know but: I will also be away from Thurs.-Mon. next week.)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Still waiting for ac1983 to answer the previus question.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Permanent V/LA.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Now I'm slightly hungry, grats.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Where was I uberdefensive over 1 vote? I thought you actually had an argument there, but I was thinking of the wrong game. There's another game in little italy where I got pissed off at someone over stupid shit. That wasn't this game. If you think how I've acted in this game is overreacting, you've got an education coming.
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by White »

Yeah, well, stop evading and deal with the stuff brought up against you. It's all visible if you look in the previous pages. Oh and MoScum, post your scumdar.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

needs to post more. Considering that he is on a lot of people's lists, he ought to be concerned with ridding himself of those suspicions. If he isn't, that seems suspicious.

Sorry!!! I just have this thing where I'm not quite sure what to say, jsut trying to take notes and watch. And lurk, which is funner than might be expected.

I see that I am a big topic of conversation.
White wrote:Passive agression, nice. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. Reading now.
If it makes any differanceto you, I don't mind.
White wrote:BS - Newb (again). I'd like to see BS post more in light of the recent activity. I also don't understand why he wasn't lynched. I don't understand why the bandwagon was dropped against him so if someone could point me to the post(s) that made him seem townier? Looks scummy to me.
Not sure I understand this here. Dropped bandwagon makes me look scummier? Hm?

I think the bandwagon was dropped because everyone just looked back over my posts and decided I was more newb then scum. (come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure why myself, though pawyne defending me helped.)
pawyne wrote:Earlier in this game, when it was to the town's benefit to place ourselves in the shoes of the cult to determine what course of action to take, Flameaxe and Karmadog promptly voted for him. The only result I saw coming from this was Dr. BS changing his stance or maintaining his line of thought under the threat of lynch. Thus he backed away from an idea that he still seems to support but fears expressing the reasons why as he might be seen as culty.
Even if I do support it, I certainly won't be saying so.

Really though, I think that it *was* a bit of a bad idea, just something I threw out for discussion. And got voted for.
Dissuading conversation is anti-town. Allowing Dr BS to state his full case, is pro town. Bullying him into shutting his mouth is anti-town.

It strikes me as odd that the town still buys the theory that the votes on Dr. BS stimulated conversation. Dr. BS has been non-existent since the incident. He was posting prior to it.
Well, conversation by non-me people.
I think I ran out of things to say after everyone shot down my thoughts...

-Doc "I don't know what to say, I don't know what to say" Blackstrike
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by White »

Dr BS wrote:Sorry!!! I just have this thing where I'm not quite sure what to say, jsut trying to take notes and watch. And lurk, which is funner than might be expected.
Ok, so if you're hanging back and lurking and "trying to take notes"...care to share some of those notes? We kinda need something to talk about. Oh, and please post your scumdar(list of people who you think are most suspicious to not suspicious at all and why you feel that way). Please try to have your own thoughts too or i'll be inclined to vote you for piggybacking your way through the game, that's no fun because we've got MoScum to lynch.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Why should I? I see no reason to do something just because you say so.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:46 pm

White wrote:Yeah, well, stop evading and deal with the stuff brought up against you. It's all visible if you look in the previous pages. Oh and MoScum, post your scumdar.
My scumdar is
all visible if you look in the previous pages
Permanent V/LA.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

shameless filler post.