Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Prof. Guppy wrote:2. He seems to want to derail the bandwagon on flea, that suggests he an flea are in concort w/ each other.
To be fair, that's a pretty WIFOM point. Some scum have a tendency to "buddy up" with townies.
Prof. Guppy wrote:3. Flea has been lurking on purpose. I've heard that is a big scumtell.
Please come up with your own arguments. Suspecting people based on what "you've heard" are scumtells is incredibly poor. Otherwise, I'd be suspecting you because you gave a numbered list.
I've heard
that's a scumtell...
Prof. Guppy wrote:4. He's leaving his vote on AlyG, and I'm not sure why.
No I'm not. I suppose that's pretty easy to miss though. Except you didn't...
Prof. Guppy wrote:5. Flea is currently voting on Cicero, who I think is town. That smells of scum to me.
Is this not effectively OMGUS voting on behalf of someone else?
Prof. Guppy wrote:I wasn't feeling the flea wagon at first, but then I began to question why theo was defending him. The conclusion I came to was that they must be scumbuddies.
That's a pretty poor conclusion to jump to...
Prof. Guppy wrote:The reason I'm voting for flea and not theo is because he's more likely to get lynched right now. Call it what you will, I call it playing the field.
I call it opportunistic scum, going after both the popular wagons, in the hope that
one
of them will get deaded...

Unvote
Vote: Prof. Guppy

ObvOMGUS... ;)

Mod Edit

Vote Count

somestrangeflea- 4 (cicero, Gorgon, Prof. Guppy, shaka!!)

Prof. Guppy- 3 (Battle Mage, daedalus, somestrangeflea)
Honary Hitchhiker- 2 (AlyG, ChocolateAttack)
Battle Mage- 1 (pwayne66)

Not voting (2): Honary Hitchhiker, theopor_COD

7 to lynch
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:58 am

Post by cicero »

My suspicion of Theo is mild and most of it is just blowback from actions of flea. I find it odd that he would be someone's top choice. Could you outline your case against him, Guppy? Because on re-reading most of his play doesn't seem very scummy. I went looking for your reasoning and this is what I found:

Prof. Guppy wrote: @theo: if we do skip a lynch, we WILL have usuful information when we wake up tomorrow. We'll know who the mafia killed, and that says they veiw this person as a threat. Maybe because they were onto something earlier, hmm?

Vote: theo

Plus, I don't live your avatar. There, I said it.
So the entirety of your case at that point was that he had the ever so radical idea that voting no lynch on day one was a bad idea? This may be the worse case against someone in the history of the game of mafia. I'd like you to take this opportunity to try to articulate a better one if you could. It would be helpful if you could limit yourself to reasons occurring prior to my raising of the somestrangeflea issue.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:00 am

Post by cicero »

edit: "Because on re-reading most of his play doesn't seem very scummy" would be better articulated as "Doesn't seem to be playing very scummily".
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
2. He seems to want to derail the bandwagon on flea, that suggests he an flea are in concort w/ each other.

To be fair, that's a pretty WIFOM point. Some scum have a tendency to "buddy up" with townies.
No, your assertation is WIFOM. Mine uses Occi-whats-his-name's Razor. Often, the simple explanation is the best one.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

This thread moves faster than a runaway train, anyways an attempt to keep adrift of proceedings.

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Now, if you had given me a horrible reason, I would have instantly switched my vote to you. For now, I'm going to assume you're on my side and leave my vote on theo.

On second thought, Unvote. I'm not feeling the flea-wagon either.
Let me get this straight. You want to switch to shaka but your happy with your vote on me, for what calling you out on the no-lynch and a dislike of my avatar, meh weird. You also state you ain't feeling the Flea wagon . . .
Cicero wrote:
Please note that I'm not votiing him just because he is lurking. I am already used to lots of people drifting away from their mafia games. Again, he is actively lurking. And, more importantly, I thought his bandwagon push on AlyG was a scummy move.
I disagree I don't think Alyg has done much that reflects townieness, his original vote and FOS was odd more than anything, Flea's vote strook me as a shameless bandwagon vote which isn't scummy in my mind, call it defending him but I don't think it was scummy. Nowehere near the CLA lack of question answering and yep I've seen scum flake with pressure so Guppy isn't clear.

AlyG wrote:
Guys i'm here no need for more prods, i'll post something later.
Yeh please do.

Then we have this pearler only five or so posts since Guppy pointed out he wasn't feeling the Flea wagon WTF.
Prof. Guppy wrote:Vote: somestrangeflea

I still think theo is Mafia, and I think he might be tring to cover for flea. Either that or they're masons, which I highly doubt.
1) What made you change your mind since your last post? 2) Why exactly do you think I'm mafia, at least state a case. And quit fishing.

SSF and Pwayne quite rightly have already pointed this out I see.

Cicero backs up Alyg without Aly posting another defence, Cicero at this stage do you think Alyg is likely to be protown?

gorgon wrote:Well, extremely weird as GP's play may be, he does have an interesting point. Why did Theo point to ChocolateAttack and daedalus, saying they were 'missing even more'?
Erm because they were . . Daedalus has posted what three times. Flea gave a reason for his lurking, i.e the speed of the game i don't think it's a tell against him.

gorgon wrote:So, cicero, are you suggesting that SSF might have been trying to deflect attention from Theo? Interesting ...
Alyg did that himself by not even voting me, yet suspecting me kinda like throwing his scumdar over two ppl hoping one shot hits. p.s Bandwagons are not scummy!! Truth they are good for information, they have been other votes on bandwagons already this game which haven't been analysed what about the Orlowksi 5th vote?
Cicero's consistent attack at me is bugging me . .

Do I need to respond to this crap again?
prof guppy wrote:Okay, here's why I'm voting somestrangeflea

1. I still think theo is scum. That has not changed.
2. He seems to want to derail the bandwagon on flea, that suggests he an flea are in concort w/ each other.
3. Flea has been lurking on purpose. I've heard that is a big scumtell.
4. He's leaving his vote on AlyG, and I'm not sure why. I don't have a read on AlyG, but I'm guessing he's town.
5. Flea is currently voting on Cicero, who I think is town. That smells of scum to me.

I wasn't feeling the flea wagon at first, but then I began to question why theo was defending him. The conclusion I came to was that they must be scumbuddies. The reason I'm voting for flea and not theo is because he's more likely to get lynched right now. Call it what you will, I call it playing the field.
1) Why exactly am I scum?
2) I'm finding the bandwagon flawed, not bothered about derailing, not joining it.
3) Some ppl think it is, sometimes town are just as lazy
4) Alyg's doing a great job of apeparing town by not posting, guessing he appears town is frankly not solid it is.
5) Cicero is town and Flea voting him smells of scum lol. You couldn't make it up.

Cicero's 226 makes me feel much happier with him, so townie brownies there.

So after all that we've still got several players lurking/inactive they need to chime in. Guppy just confuses me, I don't think we should give him a free pass, Cicero how do you feel about Guppy painting you and Alyg as town? BM is quiet any thoughts? infact everyone get into it. My vote is staying in my pocket but I'd really like Guppy to explain his vote on me, why I'm scum, his shift from not feeling the Flea wagon to joining it and why Cicero and Alyg are town. There you Guppy get writing.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

I'm out until Monday. I will catch up then.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:14 am

Prof. Guppy wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote: 2. He seems to want to derail the bandwagon on flea, that suggests he an flea are in concort w/ each other.
No, your assertation is WIFOM. Mine uses Occi-whats-his-name's Razor. Often, the simple explanation is the best one.
I find it suspicious that you replied 3 hours after cirero's previous post, yet you didn't address any of his points, and the above was the only point of mine you addressed. Please do so...

And respond to theo's post as well, while you're at it...
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:26 am

Post by shaka!! »

Reasons I feel content with a BM lynch.

Taking minimal evidence and overly stretching it:

Posts 95, 107, 109, 168

Explanation: This is so obviously fishing, it seems as if BM has taken the smallest scum tell he can find and stretched it into an elaborative court case. For someone as experienced as BM to be town and want to lynch someone over the reasons he gave, is just not acceptable. Also, notice how the Cicero case just seemed to disappear?

Super defensiveness:

Posts 124, 191

Explanation: Do they need one?

I know this is not a clear explanation, but I've been suspicious of BM for a while now, but not being able to word it I never posted it. I am still not confident in my wording but I'm hoping it's sufficient.

Vote: BM
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 am

Post by shaka!! »

EBWOP

Unvote: Vote: BattleMage
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:58 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

theopor_COD wrote:
Why exactly am I scum?
Okay, you're not scum. Satisfied?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Gorgon »

theopor_COD wrote:
gorgon wrote:Well, extremely weird as GP's play may be, he does have an interesting point. Why did Theo point to ChocolateAttack and daedalus, saying they were 'missing even more'?
Erm because they were . . Daedalus has posted what three times. Flea gave a reason for his lurking, i.e the speed of the game i don't think it's a tell against him.
Okay, so there's obviously a difference of opinion. Cicero and I are in agreement that SSF actively lurking was suspicious, but it seems we're in the minority here. We are, of course, both fairly new to Mafiascum, and have been eagerly posting and keeping up with things, so naturally we would both be suspicious against someone who chooses to remain in the background while there's active discussion going on. That's the way I saw it, anwyay. I also readily admit that this game has been moving very quickly, which is probably pretty unusual for a Mafia game on this forum, even though it may not seem so to newbies. You don't really get a feeling for the pace of the games while reading over finished games.

I'm therefore letting SSF off the hook, especially as there doesn't seem to be anything else to go on.

PG is, sad to say, digging himself into a deep dark hole yet again. There's not much more I can say about that, as others have already picked his words to pieces.

shaka!!'s points against BM seem to be mostly just critisism of BM for being BM (I can say this with conviction, as I've metagamed him extensively, being in two games with him now) ... but the fact that BM is no longer attacking cicero is interesting.

BM, how do you feel about cicero right now? Still convinced he's scum?

Oh, and
Unvote
, for now.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:41 am

Prof. Guppy wrote:Okay, you're not scum. Satisfied?
Here's a thought, why not answer the questions which are actually being asked in a convincing way, rather than buckling under the pressure of actually having to justify your opinion?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:42 am

Let me rephrase:

Why not try to convincingly answer the questions which are being asked, rather than buckling under the pressure of actually having to justify your opinion?
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

All right, my play is scummy. And right now, I don't care. If you idiots want to think I'm scum, you go right ahead. You're only doing yourselves a diservice, tho. So from now on, I'm not going to defend myself to you bunch of kill-happy jerks. I'll play the game my way, and let the rest of you fall flat on your faces.

And I'm not changing my vote.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Rejoice! I've been invited to play in another game, not as a replacement either!

So long, suckers! I'm leaving! Jordan, can you replace me, please?

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Gorgon »

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:28 am

Post by JordanA24 »

*sigh* Finding a replacement for Prof. Guppy
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:29 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Erm right okay.

Let's just hope you don't act like such a total ass in your new game.

For the record I still think CLA/Prof.Guppy/Replacement is likely scum. However it's time to have a re-read regards everyone else.

Gorgon in reply to your statement above, I think some people find lurking a big scum-tell, I personally don't, yes it's anti-town and ain't helping catch scum but it's not in my book a bigger scumtell than say someone following or lacking curiousity, even appealing to emotion like Guppy. I can get lazy as town or scum so I guess other players do. I'm not clearing SSF by any stretch of the imagination it's just that there's scummier players about, mind I'm finding it hard to look past Guppy at present.

p.s Alyg I'm still awaiting some input.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:12 am

theopor_COD wrote:Let's just hope you don't act like such a total ass in your new game.
It's like he's saying what we're all thinking!
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:58 am

Post by shaka!! »

Forgive me for my language but Prof. Guppy, you are a giant fucking faggot.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:21 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Yes. I agree ^^. I feel like we did our best to tolerate him while he was here and help him through his game. He is a douche, but at least he is gone and we didn't have to lynch his punk ass.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I HEARD THAT!

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Erotomachia replaces Prof. Guppy

EDIT: Prof. Guppy, you are no longer in the game, stop posting.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Prodding Honary Hitchiker

Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Hi everyone. I'll read the thread and hopefully post later today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”