=====[]

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:49 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote Count

Grek (2): Pug89, InHimshallibe

InHimshallibe (2): Grek, Zindaras

DeliciousGoldfish (2): Oman, Jex

Pug89 (1): Dead Rikimaru

Not Voting (5): Mexal , Mirth, Adam The Amazing, DeliciousGoldfish, Haschel Cedricson

This is the vote count as I counted it. As I've ruined games before because of my bad counting, I'm letting someone else do a recount before I officially lynch Grek.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:04 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

After a long and tiresome day, the town decides that Grek is the traitor among them. They gang up on him, and find out that he was
Artie, Town aligned
. Óóps?

It is now Night 2. Send in your roles.

(Edit: Glork replaces InHimshallIbe and FaerieLord replaces Adam the Amazing)
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Night will end in 48 hours.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:15 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

The creatures of fairy tale land awake to find
Jex
to be brutally murdered. Apparantly, living happily ever after wasn't ment for him. He was
Gingerbread Man, Town

It is Now Day 2. No deadline is set, but it is 6 to lynch
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Mexal »

Well, upon seeing the NK, my first thought was Goldfish. So for now, that's where I'm going to be looking. Obvious, yes, but scum tend to keep things simple. WIFOM is a great tool but I don't believe it right now.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:16 am

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

Why me? I didn't have anything against Jex. She may have had a vote against me but she, for the most part had defended me. And rightly so.

In fact, I'm sad Jex is dead... She is someone I know in real life and I definitely enjoy playing online mafia with her.

It was a good set-up by the Mafia/SK, whoever killed her, as she was the only one who had a vote on me, someone who was under some suspicion at the end of the day. Yes, I could be playing the WIFOM game but.... Quite frankly, I am not using it now and I tend not to use that ever.
The snack that smiles back.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Mexal »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Why me? I didn't have anything against Jex. She may have had a vote against me but she, for the most part had defended me. And rightly so.

In fact, I'm sad Jex is dead... She is someone I know in real life and I definitely enjoy playing online mafia with her.

It was a good set-up by the Mafia/SK, whoever killed her, as she was the only one who had a vote on me, someone who was under some suspicion at the end of the day. Yes, I could be playing the WIFOM game but.... Quite frankly, I am not using it now and I tend not to use that ever.
You're right. I only really looked at the vote. I haven't gone back and reread Jex yet. Ignore what I said since it was rather premature and it's been awhile since I've read her over.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Zindaras »

One of my meta-tells is that the first one who uses the NK target to accuse someone is, himself, scum.

My suspicion falls on the people who lynched Grek yesterday: Glork and Pug. Also:
Mexal wrote:
unvote

I don't really know where I want to vote atm. I'll place a vote in a little while. I will say though that it won't be for inHim as he's been requesting replacement in all his games for quite some time.
Hi. Your failure to vote looks very scummy.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Mexal »

Zindaras wrote:One of my meta-tells is that the first one who uses the NK target to accuse someone is, himself, scum.

My suspicion falls on the people who lynched Grek yesterday: Glork and Pug. Also:
Mexal wrote:
unvote

I don't really know where I want to vote atm. I'll place a vote in a little while. I will say though that it won't be for inHim as he's been requesting replacement in all his games for quite some time.
Hi. Your failure to vote looks very scummy.
I also happened to be the first person to post. So while you might think it's scummy, it's simple deduction and generally the truth. If I was really trying to set someone up, I highly doubt I'd be so damn obvious about it, but that's just WIFOM. I'll just have to trust that eventually you'll see that I'm smarter than you take me for. But by all means, find me suspicious. I enjoy the attention.

As for not voting, yes it makes me look scummy. I didn't realize when the deadline was. For some reason I thought it was 4:00pm and I was in 4 other games, one where I was the SK on another site with 28 hour deadlines. Simple fact is, I missed it but then again, so did 5 other people. Definitely something that can get me lynched but something I'm not surprised you looked at.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Mexal »

EBWOP: 4 other people. Sorry, I was one of the 5.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:46 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mexal wrote:I also happened to be the first person to post. So while you might think it's scummy, it's simple deduction and generally the truth. If I was really trying to set someone up, I highly doubt I'd be so damn obvious about it, but that's just WIFOM. I'll just have to trust that eventually you'll see that I'm smarter than you take me for. But by all means, find me suspicious. I enjoy the attention.
Your entire argument was WIFOM. It doesn't matter that you were the first one to post at all, good townies avoid this line of thought.
As for not voting, yes it makes me look scummy. I didn't realize when the deadline was. For some reason I thought it was 4:00pm and I was in 4 other games, one where I was the SK on another site with 28 hour deadlines. Simple fact is, I missed it but then again, so did 5 other people. Definitely something that can get me lynched but something I'm not surprised you looked at.
I did a quick skim back to see whose late actions were suspicious. That would be you and Mirth.
Mirth wrote:Deadline is in 8 minutes, I believe. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that InHim is sharing a majority with Goldfish, but got it first.
Failure to act is as bad, or even worse, than acting wrongly.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Mexal »

Zindaras wrote: Your entire argument was WIFOM. It doesn't matter that you were the first one to post at all, good townies avoid this line of thought.

I did a quick skim back to see whose late actions were suspicious. That would be you and Mirth.

Failure to act is as bad, or even worse, than acting wrongly.
I believe I clearly said that it was WIFOM in my post.

It's nice to know that we have different train of thoughts. So let me get this straight, you never think about the night kill and how it relates to the game? Or do you only think about it but refrain from posting about it? Chalk it up to different playstyles then. I've played enough games to understand that the night kill almost ALWAYS means something. It might not come to fruition til later in the game but when you look back, you'll almost always see some connection to the scum. The scum don't just sit in their little forum and go "hey, lets just use random.org and pick our NK victim." So if you really want to find me suspicious for that reasoning, by all means go ahead. As I said, I relish the attention.

Like I said in my last post, there were reasons for my actions. I just didn't have time and I was under the impression the deadline was later. When I came back, it had passed. So be it. It is what it is. You can believe it or not if you want. It makes no sense for me to avoid a lynch as scum if someone gets lynched regardless if they have majority or not, even more so considering the person lynched was town. Again, WIFOM but your whole argument is meta related and it's impossible to argue against that without venturing into WIFOM territory. So if you want to bring up something more substantial, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you but in an effort to avoid WIFOM, I'll stay away from the meta comments.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Mexal »

One more thing. I hope this rings your meta-tells as well.

Why didn't the scum kill Pug? He claimed healer so it doesn't make sense not to kill him unless of course they feel like they can get him lynched pretty easily today. Uh oh, WIFOM!

Regardless, these thoughts need to voiced by someone and since I already run up on Zindaras' meta-tell scum radar, I mind as well be the one to do it.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Mexal »

EBWOP: That was supposed to be "rung" up on. I really should preview on here since I can't edit.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

There are a multitude of things that come to my mind before your logic. In no particular order:

-Aww, bugger, I thought she was town.
-Hmm, interesting, we seem to not have a role-reveal.
-We only had one kill. Less likely we have an SK with that.
-I like kittens.
-Rawr, Glork! *mad hugglez*
It makes no sense for me to avoid a lynch as scum if someone gets lynched regardless if they have majority or not, even more so considering the person lynched was town. Again, WIFOM but your whole argument is meta related and it's impossible to argue against that without venturing into WIFOM territory. So if you want to bring up something more substantial, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you but in an effort to avoid WIFOM, I'll stay away from the meta comments.
Avoiding the lynch is a scumtell. Scum don't like to responsible for someone's death. They don't want to be the ones casting deciding votes, they don't want to be the ones in the spotlight.

Town always want to cast votes.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mexal wrote:Why didn't the scum kill Pug? He claimed healer so it doesn't make sense not to kill him unless of course they feel like they can get him lynched pretty easily today. Uh oh, WIFOM!
In general, scum will kill the claimed Doc. This is more of a realistic thought (and it should actually have been on my list of thoughts, since it crossed my mind a bit) than killing for suspicions. Why? Because it's not pure WIFOM. WIFOM implies an equal choice: the glasses of wine are exactly the same. Not killing a claimed Doc isn't true WIFOM anymore.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Mexal »

Zindaras wrote:
Mexal wrote:Why didn't the scum kill Pug? He claimed healer so it doesn't make sense not to kill him unless of course they feel like they can get him lynched pretty easily today. Uh oh, WIFOM!
In general, scum will kill the claimed Doc. This is more of a realistic thought (and it should actually have been on my list of thoughts, since it crossed my mind a bit) than killing for suspicions. Why? Because it's not pure WIFOM. WIFOM implies an equal choice: the glasses of wine are exactly the same. Not killing a claimed Doc isn't true WIFOM anymore.
True to an extent. The point I was getting at is there are a multiple of ways one could look at any given situation. The most obvious choice generally is the correct choice, hence the same with the Pug situation, which is why I always take a gander at who was killed and the possible reasons behind it. I don't always formulate suspicions and opinions based on it but it's where I generally start my investigation. I won't change my playstyle because it's a meta-tell. It is what it is.
Zindaras wrote: Avoiding the lynch is a scumtell. Scum don't like to responsible for someone's death. They don't want to be the ones casting deciding votes, they don't want to be the ones in the spotlight.

Town always want to cast votes.
Completely understandable, but this generally applies to going to night. I had voted originally and I was more than fine lynching someone. Actually I had voted for a long time. On top of that, I made the case against Pug and when he claimed healer, I unvoted. The fact I didn't revote was mainly because of the reasons I had already stated. But there is also the idea that no one was really pushing another lynch so there wasn't a quick way to go about it. I didn't agree with the inHim lynch and I didn't know what the Goldfish lynch was based on. So in the limited time I was affording this game, I didn't know what to do, which is as I believe it, what I stated.

I appreciate you posting what you thought because some of those things crossed my mind too. The point I'm trying to make though, is they don't cross everyone's and putting them out there truly doesn't hurt the town. It gives people something to think about and depending on how their brain works, it might prove to be beneficial.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Replacing. I had this reaaaalllly long PBP analysis on EVERYONE!

But I won't do it now as I realised that it would be too long and somethings seem really off now that I reread it.

So yeah, I'm replacing ATA, Scum list is def fucked up in my mind atm, though I'm seeing Goldfish as town (gut feelin mostly)
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Mexal »

FaerieLord wrote:Replacing. I had this reaaaalllly long PBP analysis on EVERYONE!

But I won't do it now as I realised that it would be too long and somethings seem really off now that I reread it.

So yeah, I'm replacing ATA, Scum list is def fucked up in my mind atm, though I'm seeing Goldfish as town (gut feelin mostly)
I'm confused. You wrote up a PBP of everyone then you deleted it and decided not to post?

I, for one, like long posts so feel free to post it for my benefit :)
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'd prefer it if you did post it, Faerie. It can only help us, really. At least post a short summary of your thoughts regarding all the other players.

As far as Mexal goes, I can't really continue arguing with someone who seems to want to agree with me. But I've got my eye on you, Mexy.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Mexal »

Zindaras wrote:I'd prefer it if you did post it, Faerie. It can only help us, really. At least post a short summary of your thoughts regarding all the other players.

As far as Mexal goes, I can't really continue arguing with someone who seems to want to agree with me. But I've got my eye on you, Mexy.
Good stuff :)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: Zindaras

Thirty bucks says he's scum. Any takers?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Vote: Pug89

I do not believe his doctor claim right now.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Oman »

faerie wrote:though I'm seeing Goldfish as town (gut feelin mostly)
I really wanna hear this.

Mexal: I'm Incredibly shocked that your first post was what it was. My list of first posts is severly different to yours. In fact my first thoughts were a modified Zindaras':
Oman's list wrote: -Aww, bugger, I had no real scummy vibes from her
-Hmm, interesting, we seem to not have a role-reveal.
-We only had one kill. Less likely we have an SK with that, or our doc protected right.
-I like kittens. (I left this one)
-Some anti-MoS statement
Now. About the SK. I can clearly see one here. And pugdoc blocked it.

So my question to the claimed doc is: Who did you protect?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Mexal »

Oman wrote: Mexal: I'm Incredibly shocked that your first post was what it was. My list of first posts is severly different to yours. In fact my first thoughts were a modified Zindaras':

Now. About the SK. I can clearly see one here. And pugdoc blocked it.

So my question to the claimed doc is: Who did you protect?
That's completely fine with me. I'm always thinking, what would scum do, how does this benefit scum, ect. That's how my mind works. I've been told before that I overanalyze things and I know that's true. But it's really hard to turn it off sometimes. So as a result, you get things like my first post. Expect it because it'll come often. You guys have never played with me before so you don't know what I'll do, but soon you will :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”