Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

you call that helping..? jesus, why is this like, the latest cool thing to do on the site nowadays? I freakin hate it.
I play the games rul gud.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am

Post by originality »

Wow. Instead of getting better arguments he went ahead and killed himself. I didn't mean for you to take my advice literally.

I guess now hes pretty much a confirmed townie, right? Well... shit. But you cant blame me for faulty logic, he played pretty scummy. Though he should have waited to see if the wagon would follow up, and we could see who hammered etc.

Oh, and does this mean we are in twilight?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:28 am

Post by originality »

originality wrote:

Oh, and does this mean we are in twilight?
if not, then should we be not talking? Or is it just when the mod says so?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ryan wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Are you freaking retarded? You had at most 4 votes on yourself, one of which is the threads accepted crazy guy, and now your getting yourself modkilled?

Thanks for helping so much.
No problem at all :wink:
No reason to put up a defense against craplogic.
Feel free to look very closely at the idiots who put their best foot forward though. :lol: Good luck town, you'll need it.
No reason to kill yourself over craplogic either. You may think you've outed scum, but generally the beginings of the bandwagon are primarily townies. Thus, we're not likely getting any useful information out of you suicide "I told you so" tantrum. You were effectively arguing with
people in the town and decided to kill yourself becuase they wouldn't play nice nice, when you were the one that started with the hostile tone.

This is just freaking ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't know how modkills work very well. Does this mean that a lynch has not happened, and the only consequence on today's activities is that only 6 votes are now needed to lynch or does the modkill substitute for a lynch in which case it is now twilight and we shan't be posting?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 am

Post by ryan »

Keep trying to unbury yourself orginiality, because if this game has half a brain you are the #1 suspect on Day 2. I'm pretty much confirmed? I damn well just quoted my PM, I'm 100% a townie scum man.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:44 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Wait I got a great idea. originality can kill himself too to prove to you that he's a townie and your stupid pissing match will be over and the town can be down two players. [/sarcasm]

This is a team game. You don't win when you were 'right' on one single point. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
ryan wrote:
Please remove your head from your ass before you kill yourself
There fixed that for you.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

Post by spurgistan »

Well, great, so you are (sorry,
were
, it's past tense) a townie. Now you
a) put the town down one without a lynch
b) gave info to the scum without a lynch
c) were an idiot without much chance of being lynched
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Oman »

AlyG wrote:@Oman: Just because originality hasn't been scummy recently doesn't mean all scummy acts in the past go down the drain. My vote stands because of what he's done earlier. And about Ryan, his blatant misinterpretation is worrying and his rolefishing earlier was also bad.
This response is heartily pro-town. Whether AlyG is or not is uncertain, but many townie-brownies in AlyG's bank for this comment

Oh and ryan just made this game a whole lot harder for us, killing on four votes. Its quite possible any number of scum is on that lynch, including 0, 1, or 2. G'damn it!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:33 am

Post by dybeck »

Terrific... not only are we down one townie, but we end up with almost no info tomorrow. Even if you'd gotten lynched we would have gotten info from seeing who jumped on your bandwagon.

It's morons like you that make this game so frustrating.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Votecount at the time of modkill:

ryan (4) - Oman, dybeck, Dr. Blackstrike, originality
originality (2) - AlyG, ryan
Dr. Blackstrike (1) - spurgistan
Oman (1) - Elias_the_thief
spurgistan (1) - thesleepless
dybeck (1) - shaft.ed
AlyG (1) - CarrotCake

Not voting: Lucienne

Shortly after a new guy named
ryan
had popped out from the passenger seats, the tensions rose. There were shouts, screams, and accusations flying everywhere!
Just as the tension in the air seemed the thickest, more and more people were pointing their fingers at poor
ryan
. The innocent man didn't know what to do, and in a last-ditch effort to escape, strapped on a parachute and jumped off the plane. Unfortunately, he actually only strapped on a regular backpack.

SPLAT!

ryan
Vanilla Townie
, has been
MODKILLED
for posting his Role PM.

Day 1 is now over. Night will last 4 days maximum. If I do not get your night choices by the end of the 4 days, I will assume you do not wish to perform your action.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Streeflo »

vollkan
replaces
thesleepless
effective immediately.
Last edited by Streeflo on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Streeflo »

The lights flicker on.. Day 2 starts

and everyone looks around them. Uh-oh. Looks like not everyone has survived the sudden blackout. Someone counts heads... "9 alive."

What? Two people died? Who were they?

Everyone gathers around a seat in the front. spurgistanlays motionless. Someone taps him. "Hey, hey. Wake up dude, the lights went back on."

The body turns over, and the bruise on the back of his head becomes apparent. A quick search of his pockets reveals his true identity as
spurgistan,
Vanilla Townie

"What, then where is the other person."

"Back here!" yells a voice from the back. Underneath a chair lies the body of
CarrotCake,
Vanilla Townie
. There are finger marks along his neck, and he appears to have been strangled.

There are still mafia alive, and the plane is not yet safe. Go mob mentality!

With
alive it takes
to throw someone off the plane
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Wow this is great, first we get a shortened D1, now it looks like there's probably a SK in the game.

Probably won't get time for a decent post today, and I'm LA over the weekends. I should get something meaningful up by Monday at the latest.

btw I believe it's spelled vollkan
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by AlyG »

Oh Snap...Blackstrike wasn't NKed, we ate up his claim, he hasn't helped us at all and now i believe his claim was a lie. He is probably scum.
FOS: Dr. Blackstrike
I've got to re-read the thread now to try and get an understanding of who may have wanted the NK Carrotcake or Spurgistan.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by AlyG »

AlyG wrote:Oh Snap...Blackstrike wasn't NKed, we ate up his claim, he hasn't helped us at all and now i believe his claim was a lie. He is probably scum.
I've got to re-read the thread now to try and get an understanding of who may have wanted the NK Carrotcake or Spurgistan.
Un FOS: Dr. Blackstrike
He never claimed Doctor...I was thinking like Ryan for a second there, That was an honest mistake guys...
Show
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Well AlyG, Carrotcake was most adamant in going after you. I'm surprised you wouldn't remember that.

FoS AlyG

Carrotcake post 202 wrote:On AlyG --- after a short read of posts

- Very aggressive against originality, he attacks "lets lynch the lurkers" over a series of posts. AlyG then attacks originality after listening to general reasoning, and changing his mind. Not really scummy, but it seems to be bloodthirsty. This worries me as it seems like bullying an easy target. Getting an easy lynch.

- "And originality, if you don't come up with a good defence i'll be voting for you which means you'll already at 4 votes. Not good. " - AlyG
"you shouldn't be so eager to put votes on people. He was already on 3 votes and getting to 4 on the 2nd page is going a bit to far. " -AlyG to Oman
You yourself threatened to cast the fourth vote, but you attack Oman for doing it instead of you. You seem to care too much about the placement of your own votes, as if you are avoiding something.
- Voted for vamp, on the grounds of lurking.
- "Guys please don't lynch Vampeneze hunter until he's given an explanation." Even while you still have a vote on him. Afraid to look wishy washy if you keep voting unvoting? Or would you like to use this as water to wash your hands clean if he did come up as town?
- " And Dr. Blackstrike who's role claiming is really destroying our chances of winning. " Is really destroying seems to be an exaggeration. Invoking hate against Blackstrike.

- You do not switch your votes around. You already know about being wishy washy, so you might be working to avoid vote switching. You do however call out plenty of suspects while seemingly relying on what other people to dig deeper. Planning to cause confusion? You do explain your reasons, but it hardly feels like your own.

- Hey wait a moment, I think im seeing the same post twice :shock: , oh well I have written quite a bit already so I might as well just post it

Vote: AlyG

for spreading confusion and hate

I have to intense studying to in to, this is my last long post for a while (even if the quality is quite low). I can still post small snippets though!
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Elias_the_Thief
will be gone for the weekend.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

AlyG wrote:Oh Snap...Blackstrike wasn't NKed, we ate up his claim, he hasn't helped us at all and now i believe his claim was a lie. He is probably scum.
I also like the way you are priming everyone for the "LOOK EVERYONE DR. B'S STILL ALIVE!!" I'm not saying I believe Dr. Blackstrike, I'm just saying if he is town, that's exactly what scum would want to start the day with.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by AlyG »

shaft.ed wrote:Well AlyG, Carrotcake was most adamant in going after you. I'm surprised you wouldn't remember that.

FoS AlyG

Carrotcake post 202 wrote:On AlyG --- after a short read of posts

- Very aggressive against originality, he attacks "lets lynch the lurkers" over a series of posts. AlyG then attacks originality after listening to general reasoning, and changing his mind. Not really scummy, but it seems to be bloodthirsty. This worries me as it seems like bullying an easy target. Getting an easy lynch.

- "And originality, if you don't come up with a good defence i'll be voting for you which means you'll already at 4 votes. Not good. " - AlyG
"you shouldn't be so eager to put votes on people. He was already on 3 votes and getting to 4 on the 2nd page is going a bit to far. " -AlyG to Oman
You yourself threatened to cast the fourth vote, but you attack Oman for doing it instead of you. You seem to care too much about the placement of your own votes, as if you are avoiding something.
- Voted for vamp, on the grounds of lurking.
- "Guys please don't lynch Vampeneze hunter until he's given an explanation." Even while you still have a vote on him. Afraid to look wishy washy if you keep voting unvoting? Or would you like to use this as water to wash your hands clean if he did come up as town?
- " And Dr. Blackstrike who's role claiming is really destroying our chances of winning. " Is really destroying seems to be an exaggeration. Invoking hate against Blackstrike.

- You do not switch your votes around. You already know about being wishy washy, so you might be working to avoid vote switching. You do however call out plenty of suspects while seemingly relying on what other people to dig deeper. Planning to cause confusion? You do explain your reasons, but it hardly feels like your own.

- Hey wait a moment, I think im seeing the same post twice :shock: , oh well I have written quite a bit already so I might as well just post it

for spreading confusion and hate

I have to intense studying to in to, this is my last long post for a while (even if the quality is quite low). I can still post small snippets though!
So you FOS'd me because you think that the person most likely to kill Carrot Cake was me because she had suspicion of me? If i was mafia which i'm not, why of all people to kill would i pick CarrotCake? the only person who had suspicions of me, wouldn't that look to obvious?
Show
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by originality »

Uh... This is weird, because carrotcake was pretty quiet imo. I guess ima go with shaft.ed here, in that carrotcake must have scared someone enough into killing him... So AlyG would be a suspect, but i dont know if hes the only one carrotcake was after, so i will that, post in a min.

Oh, same thing for spurgistan, but it would be harder to find someone against him I think, because he was actaully a pretty decent townie, went after most people who looked suspicious at the time, and unlike carrotcake he posted quite a bit.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by originality »

Alright, I didnt find anyone besides AlyG who carrotcake seemed to threaten (besides me at the beginning, but that was the beginning ((and he defended me later btw))). However, alyg would have to be stupid indeed to kill the only person against him, way too obvious. Im not ruling out that he did, but maybe something else? I dont know, i dont see it. Other people's thoughts?

Oh, and looking over spurgistan didnt post as much as it seemed.. but still, his posts were mostly of pretty good content.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by spurgistan »

Damn, I hate being dead. Well, yay town, boo whoever killed my ass.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by originality »

Alright guys, last post for today, promise. I just saw that carrotcake was one of the early supporters of not lynching Dr. B on day 1, and i think his arguments were probably why he wasnt. So theres that. I think that and his post against AlyG were pretty much the only strong opinions he voiced. And spurgistan, he seemed pretty set on Dr. B... In fact, he was the only one who kept his vote for him till the death(literally).

This Dr appears to be appearing in a lot of sketchy situations... Talk, Dr. I think its time you gave a better explanation.
vote dr. blackstrike
. On the cons, I guess someone could be setting him up. The more I think about it the more it seems that it would be a pretty good set up. (not kill the possible powerrole on night 1, making him suspicious, but instead killing the one persuing him.) Still, I think Dr. B is one of the best suspects now. This vote of mine isnt set in stone, like most of you I just want to hear his defense.

In AlyG's case it would be pretty retarded for him to kill off his only persecutor, so as I said there is a possibility of incrimination going on there, like with Dr.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

AlyG wrote: So you FOS'd me because you think that the person most likely to kill Carrot Cake was me because she had suspicion of me? If i was mafia which i'm not, why of all people to kill would i pick CarrotCake? the only person who had suspicions of me, wouldn't that look to obvious?
I FoS'd you because you were saying "Oh golly Gee, I wonder who CarrotCake was connected to?" You were the only person she ever had strong opinions on. If you didn't say anything I wouldn't have bothered connecting her death to you because of the endless WIFOM that goes on in such a situation. But your quick post wondering what may have happened to her, when you should remember those who vote for you, raised my eyebrows.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hello everybody! First thoughts: Stupid, stupid Ryan and yuck! an SK.

Time for the reread post (written as I read through):
Page 1:

Originality gets an
FoS
for his weird lynching thing, though maybe Elias is a bit strong, thinking it is L-3 on the first page.

Page 2:

Similar possible opportunism from Oman who votes Orig; he explains his vote even less.
FoS: Oman
Lucienne gets some points from me for saying she agrees on Orig but for also rightly questioning Oman’s vote. Same with BS. Same with Vamp. Same with shaft.ed. I don’t like Orig in #44. Oman has presented a trap; I have encountered this before and it was by a vanilla. Elias votes Oman for being opportunistic; a little hypocrisy methinks.

Page 3:

FoS: Aly
His argument against Orig seems very contrived to me. Lucienne mixes up Oman for Spurg as a vote reason; I don’t like. Shaft.ed points this out.

Page 4:

Discussion about Vamp’s lurking. *yawns*

Page 5:

In #105 Aly prods Vamp for opinions, specifically on Oman and BS, which strikes me as odd. BS claims “something” non-vanilla. Don’t like Aly hopping on Vamp’s wagon.
More FoS: AlyG

Page 6:

Oooh…
FoS: Orig
I do not like his Vamp vote, since he says Vamp is suspicious when Vamp is just being accused of lurkiness. I also do not like AlyG then posting a “Don’t lynch Vamp yet, but I will be fine with it in the next weeks”; I thought this was about lurking not suspicion.

Page 7:

Vamp is AlyG’s main suspect…why? The vote was pressure for lurking.

Page 8:

AlyG swaps back to Originality after Lucinne votes Orig. Oman queries why AlyG is vote hopping and his answer doesn’t explain much.

Page 9:

Carrot votes AlyG!! Finally someone notices AlyG’s scumminess. Lucienne says Carrot’s post is “interesting” and then votes BS for non-content; Lucienne makes no real comment on AlyG. Shaft and Oman get townie points for attacking Orig’s fishing. Post #219 by AlyG is gold:
[quote=“AlyG”] i've already explained why i kept my vote on Vampeaneze. Please re-read my posts. It was so he would remain pressured and be more inclined to defend himself.” [/quote]
Then WHY did you accept Vamp’s lynch? Then AlyG deflects onto Oman.
BS looks very newbie to me (partially influenced by my views of BS meta). I don’t like the shift to BS

Page 10:

I don’t like the vote by Oman. Shafted and Orig get “townie brownies” for going against the lynch of BS.

Page 11:

AlyG supports getting rid of Orig today and BS tomorrow; a bit of a two-for-one….as Shaft.ed then points out. #267 AlyG really goes Inquisition on dybeck for not joining the Orig wagon.

Page 12:

Carrot rightly points out AlyG’s “well s/he did it too”. Good grief, AlyG then tries to deflect suspicion onto Carrot as Luci’s scumbuddy. I don’t like really think Oman’s vote for Ryan is persuasive.

Page 13:

Don’t like Dybeck’s vote either.
for a contrived case against Ryan. Orig and BS switch to Ryan. AlyG places a HoS.

Page 14:

Orig immediately jumps to defending himself.
HoS: Orig
Oman gives AlyG townie brownies…kind of like giving Hitler the Nobel Peace Prize.

AlyG’s first post looks to me like she is scum and didn’t NK BS in the hopes that we will lynch BS today. I know how WIFOM this is from me, but her faux exasperation about it and the fact she immediately suggests we “ate his claim” does this to me. She takes it back, realising he never claimed; doesn’t change her immediate response though. Shaft rightly FoSes AlyG on the basis of Carrot’s NK. AlyG’s #343 is so damned WIFOM. Orig’s voting logic is messed up and defensive of AlyG.

Now, all in all,
Elias_the_thief: Has done nothing to arouse my suspicion, but I may do a reread on him just to be sure.
Oman: Started off well but became increasingly contrived and is now defending AlyG. From the above, I gave
HoS: Oman

AlyG: Scum. Plain and simple. I have already voted but I will put it down here again for mod’s convenience and because I want to vote him again.

Dr. Blackstrike: Newbish. I don’t think is scum.
Lucienne: Not particularly notable but a potential scumbuddy with AlyG based on earlier stuff.
originality: On one hand, AlyG has been rabidly against Orig. On the other, Orig’s latest play is defending himself and AlyG.
FoS: originality

shaft.ed: Town.
dybeck: Similar to Elias.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”