Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1544, smiffle wrote:So basically I'm Toon-Link, a modified triggerable bomb that blows up if I receive two hit stuns in the same night, instantly killing whoever targeted me with the hitstun.

All Alone is next.

UNVOTE:

Smiffle, why didn't you indicate to people not to hit stun you? If you did do that please point it out.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Cool so AA is confirmed town via the best friend thing.

I say lynch smiffle, RB Lickety and there's no way we can lose.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:46 am

In post 1551, GuiltyLion wrote:Cool so AA is confirmed town via the best friend thing.

I say lynch smiffle, RB Lickety and there's no way we can lose.

Why RB me? I mean I wouldn't care really if it puts peoples minds at ease, but I have no abilities left so it would be wasted.

I will say one of the Links is Scum and that means we are in Lylo... I think. I am afraid of both the Toon Link claim because that would mess with the triforce thing and I am also Sus of the kirby with weapon and the, what looks like, quoting the role PM image.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

No that image was not in the role PM. I just did it for kicks. That's a ridiculous reason to suspect someone.

RB you because I feel ika is obvtown, AA is conftown. so if smiffle flips green, RBing you either prevents the kill in which case we know you're scum, or does not prevent the kill in which case you all would know I'm scum.

But I'm pretty sure lynching smiffle is gg, given his interactions with Davsto and his claim which is terribly anti-town and something he should have said D1.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Seriously though how could that image be in my role PM when I hadn't absorbed Tails at the time of receiving my role
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:28 am

In post 1553, GuiltyLion wrote:No that image was not in the role PM. I just did it for kicks. That's a ridiculous reason to suspect someone.

RB you because I feel ika is obvtown, AA is conftown. so if smiffle flips green, RBing you either prevents the kill in which case we know you're scum, or does not prevent the kill in which case you all would know I'm scum.

But I'm pretty sure lynching smiffle is gg, given his interactions with Davsto and his claim which is terribly anti-town and something he should have said D1.

The only problem I see is that we would then have what? Like tails, yourself, Ika and AA all as hitstun (tell me if there is more)? IIRC there should be some NA going on besides just a NK by Mafia.

So we have GL, Ika and AA that all have hitstun currently.

We have a Ganadorf (3p) shiek (mafia) zelda ((could be in the game)?) Toon Link (?) Link Hero (?)

Given the HEAVY RB potential in this game I am assuming Mafia have some pretty good NA for their arsenal.

AA is clear. I'd be willing to Sheep AA.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:28 am

In post 1554, GuiltyLion wrote:Seriously though how could that image be in my role PM when I hadn't absorbed Tails at the time of receiving my role

I just didn't think it through.

All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:42 am

Post by All Alone »

I think scum knew that there was a roleblock in play since both me and GL hitstunned davsto on N5, so it makes sense for scum-smiffle to claim psuedo-unblockable to avoid the roleblock. Plus everyone else has either flipped or claimed at least two abilities, but he's only claimed the one ability, which makes me think it was a fake claim.

I also think davsto's proves that scum had worked out that I was partners with Tails, since "Fox-hunting" wouldn't make sense from scum's perspective unless they knew what a best friend is. Best friends are mentioned on the wiki page for Mason so it makes sense that scum could work that out. I'm too lazy to look them up rn but there were definitely some posts from smiffle that indicated he knew my role (and also some from both GL and LQ that indicate they didn't) which makes me think smiffle is Davsto's partner.

Lynch smiffle and if he doesn't end the game roleblock Lickety works for me, but I think it'll just end the game most likely.

VOTE: smiffle
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:50 am

VOTE: Smiffle You played very well smiffle. A lot of effort from you in this game. One of the reasons I was so hesitant to scum read you was because you were active and scum hunting. Well played.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I wrote up a big case on why I think smiffle is scum with Davsto in , and the commute slips are pretty damning as well IMO.

Intent to hammer. Mostly not hammering yet out of politeness in case ika/smiffle want some words. I never know how to handle intent in these possible-endgame scenarios, seems rude to hammer before they say anything in case they're town but seems rude to not hammer when you don't intend to change your mind. I'll def hammer by EOD and before then if smiffle makes a post.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:13 am

Post by ika »

VOTE: smiffle

At work but hammer inbound
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

Post by smiffle »

Good game everyone, I enjoyed it immensely. Hats–off to Von for modding a very enjoyable game.. Tbh I wasn't really expecting any other outcome today. I knew from the start of today I was through, I just didn't want to spoil anyone's fun by scum claiming.
Most, if not all, will be explained shortly after the flip when Von posts the roles.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

gg smiffle, you played really well and weren't even on my radar until I was sure that Davsto was scum and went partner-hunting. It's impressive to survive this long with that many RBs/PRs flying around.

I think Lickety dayvigging the SK on D1 was a huge setback for the scumteam as well. That was a pro shot LQ.

Thanks vonflare for modding! This was excellent flavor and a lot of fun roles/events! I really enjoyed the game from start to finish.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by vonflare »

end game mod scene incoming
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by vonflare »

A great struggle.

The denizens of Smashville were forced to oust the villains that live among them.

A great tragedy.

The last words from the Creators rang out. “Thank you for playing!”

As the town brings themselves together, and discusses. Plans. Coordinates. One by one, citizens are killed. Some by vote, questionably legally. Others in the dark of night, undoubtedly illegally. But in the end, evil is defeated, and the denizens of Smashville can rejoice.

Smiffle, who was
Zelda
, Mafia roleblock-resistant
, Was lynched!

The
Town
, as well as Ika, who was a
Lyncher
, win!

Dead thread: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63589

Mafia Topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7314234
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by smiffle »

What twist! kudos to ika, I never expected that he was a lyncher, but now it all makes sense.

Welp, I have to say, I went into this game with my doubts for winning, and I wasn’t disappointed. I’ll finish off my thoughts with a recap after I re-read a bit of the game, as well as a short player commentary. Although, I will say I’m surprised that I lasted this long. Congrats to town, and Ika. Thanks again for modding Von!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Davsto »

Whee! Well played everybody (especially ika) and of course a special thanks to smiffle for putting up with the incompetent me as a scum partner and doing well despite it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

Role PM incoming.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

Welcome, Davsto! You are
Sheik

(Mafia ninja 2-shot day-commuter-night-communter-self-watcher)

You may only use one ability per phase.

You are a member of the
Mafia
with your partner, Smiffle, who is
Zelda
. You do not have a factional kill.

Day abilities:
Vanish
: (2-shot). During the day you may PM me saying you wish to vanish. You are removed from the game for the rest of that day phase and the following night phase. You will be informed who, if anyone, tries to target you during that night phase.

Night abilities:
Needles
: You may select a player to inflict % on. If someone with % gains % they die.

Passives:
Zelda's Disguise
: Any abilities that specifically affect Zelda affect you in the same way. You are considered to have a Triforce. This passive cannot be deactivated.
Sneaky
: You are a ninja. To investigative roles, you will appear to target no one, even if you target someone.

Kill flavor:
Sliced

You win with the
mafia

Game thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7320679
You may communicate with your scumbuddy at night here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63784
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1566, Davsto wrote:Whee! Well played everybody (especially ika) and of course a special thanks to smiffle for putting up with the incompetent me as a scum partner and doing well despite it.

Don't be so hard on yourself Dav! We did ok considering we were a two-man team in a really swingy game filled with lots of third-parties. It was fun to work with you as a team.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Davsto »

Setup-wise, my only issue was the whole % thing; since it required both members of the scumteam to hit the same player, it made if extremely difficult to consistently pull off kills, what with all of the roleblockers in the setup, my commute lasting through the night meaning I can't take action then, there being a revivor or two, and meaning that once I died my partner could only make one kill every other night if he was lucky.

However, that's my only issue, as the rest of the setup was nicely designed with some interesting roles.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by smiffle »

Yeah, Dav, I just wanted to note that the split kill system was ultimately devastating to us. It might’ve worked if we had one more member on our scum team, but even then… I think the intention of this mechanic was to allow the mafia to disperse their kills throughout the game, and possibly have some leeway when it comes to end game if one of the scum was RB’d during a NK or etc, but this could’ve been achieved better if we had only one more scum member. The bastardness of the mechanic was to be expected though, I mean, it was a bastard game after all.

Killing all the third party early was sub-optimal for us. They were clearly the counter-weight for our small team, and having a large third-party counter-weight rarely works in the mafia’s favor. It’s like being between a rock and a hard place, where you know you’ll do worse with them dead, but you can’t let them live either, (cuz, ya know, minimal town-cred for lynching third parties and policy lynches yay!) And Guilty’s absolutely correct when he says that the early SK kill is what really set us behind from the get-go.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by ika »

fun fact: i was also loved so if we mislycnehd then and you killed i had a guaranteed win cus to lynch em it would require all 3 ppl.

I omited that cus after mafia attempted a kill on me iw anted them dead

@dave, the reason i knoew you weere scum was based on role alone it was used in a large
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by smiffle »

Hey, I reminded myself of this in the scum PT.
Post-game, I kind of wanted a reveal from Nana, but I know she has to do it on her own accord because site-rules and stuff.
Just a note.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

What do you mean a reveal from Nana? Look at the role list in the dead/mod PT. I was right - both were controlled by Firebringer's slot.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”