The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Yosarian2 wrote:MBL, do you really think that's a likely possibility here? Because I'm wondering if you're just trying to muddy the waters.
I would like to second this notion.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm

I at this point state my willingness to hammah MBL.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:17 pm

vote count, by the by?
possibly
comment."
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Official Day Four Vote Count

MrBuddyLee – 2 – Glork, Kinetic
TCS – 2 – Shteven, MBL
Kinetic – 1 – Jack

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Not Voting – 5 – RougeBen, CrashTextDummie, BillyTwilight, The Central Scrutinizer, Yosarian2
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Shteven »

Not that the whole claiming-cop-will-get-glork-killed thing is
wrong
, it's just not
certain
. Let's look back at our good buddy Guardian, a claimed cop, who was truly a townie, and therefore neither the mafia nor the SK would have known he was lying (other than by reading him) and he survived the night.

So if glork happens to survive this night...is he still confirmed? Do you think he thinks he can make it? Honestly, if I was scum, I wouldn't consider killing glork to be essential.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I don't think I've ever said it's LIKELY that Glork's the SK, I just think it's possible, and a possible explanation for his stubborn retarded insistence that I AM THE SK.

If he hadn't claimed cop already, I think he'd have been the NK target tonight now that the doc is dead. You'd think (and I did start of day) that claiming cop would only make his situation worse, and that's entirely possible. But there's a manner of thinking in which if we knock off the goon today, the "cop" would no longer be a threat and a claimed cop could watch scum and town hunt the SK til the cows come home. Also, if a claimed cop is not going to investigate the goon tonight, then scum could afford to take a shot at a potential SK instead of at the cop, which would make sucking up to a likely goon a decent survival strat.

Mostly, I happen to know that Glork's off his rocker today and I'm:

* frustrated because he's been an errant Don Quixote tilting at my townie windmill before
* curious to know why he's so pigheadedly wrong
* wary that he's a good enough player to pull a gambit like this is he had to in order to survive

And as I've said before:
MrBuddyLee wrote:He's really not the person I want to be focusing on, cause he'd be a silly lynch, but his approach to this game at present irks me to no end.
I do have to defend myself against his utter wrongness, but I'm going to focus more on picking out the three scum so I can cackle and point gleefully when the game's over, win or lose.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

YB:

he and beanbagboy were very obviously friendly start of D1, not sure they'd have done that as scum

seems very relaxed, i've seen him in scumchat as stressed scum, relaxed town

YB's 25th post strikes me as townish. Nuanced, not reading phony.

really hammering on jack. doesnt seem too phony. I'm thinking they're not scumpartners.

he's noticing who's voting for who and asking them about the votes. and at reasonable times

calls out scum (N9V) for lurking

thinks TCS is scum, makes a decent case

does a pbpa on me, doesnt find me scummy at all

shteven, albert, BM next scummiest 3, kind of popular choices but meh

bitter attack on TCS, Oscar if it's distancing, bravo

asks me why i'm voting for scum (N9V). Risky play if YB is scum.

inquisitive towards MoS upon replacement. second instance of going out of his way to associate with known scum. bold? town.

confirms vote on TCS 6 times but goes off to look for more suspects. protown.

points out plessiez as a lurker. Third time associating with scum.

draws attention to replacement of plessiez-scum

replying to MoS, points out sarc's voting for him. so brazen if scum.

pbpa on jack, finds jack very scummy and lurky

asks sarc why the vote on YB, replies to sarc's lame explanation for YB vote, asks if all 4 scum are on his wagon, replies twice more to sarc then to MoS. neither sarc's nor mos's replies look like chatter with a scumpartner

jack says "let's just lynch YB", YB gets pissed

jack demands claim, YB claims vanilla

goes after suspicious voters on his wagon

tells MoS that MoS is scum connected to twilight somehow

D2

"Well, Whatever MBL said to the SK mustve Told him to go after scum."

"Im quite frankly sick and tired of you(Glork) ignoring shtevens questions and acting like a bigshot with false cases. vote: Glork"

first to vote sarc, reason: sarc's OMGUS

glork says YB definitely not SK

YB says tcs, inhim, jack are the three scum

Conclusion: Don't think he's scum at all. Way too bold in his interactions with known scum. If he was SK I'd expect him to lie lower--he's been high visibility and aggressively trying to unravel the puzzle.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Jack:

FOS of weak known scum for inconsistency

"I'm not finding Glork very pro town. Don't agree with many of his posts."

finds BM townish

gets the feeling Glork is faking suspicions, calls glork overdefensive, votes Glork for hypocrisy re: MBL

votes scum, says he was scum with said scum before

finds guardian albert yogurt and shteven scummy

defends TCS for being deliberately scummy. odd if they're scumpartners.

i dont like his read on yogurt (he votes yogurt for the pbpas)

thinks town is lynching the bad townies while scum lurks

"~n9v~ def lurking, I might remember him lurking as town, he needs to post more"

votes me (in agreement with MoS) for finding glork scummy for a "typo". Bold if Jack and MoS are partners.

sees billy as town, follows billy back onto YB

now finds albert, shteven, guardian not so bad

agrees with MoS about guardian being outrageous not scummy

asks glork why shteven instead of YB

D2:

"I think it's a mistake to base our suspicions on what MoS did."

"glork, someone in the general discussion thread said that when you are pro-town you "reek of pro-town". You don't reek of pro-town this game. "

points out a slip by sarcastroscum

shteven, inhim top 2 suspects

saw yb as townish for persistence

fos of glork for saying game going well for scum

"I don't think mbl is scum, he posted enough yesterday."

blatantly pushes both YB and inHim over sarc

side note:

Yogurt Bandit (HackerHuck, ManaSpryte, InHim, BillyTwilight, Jack, TCS)

gotta be scum on that, and two are dead...

D3:

"there being so little case on sarcastro I can't see why scum would vote him over yb. Unless they though they could clear themselves by lynching him."

"I'd bet at least scum is among hh-kinetic-guardian. Quite possibly 2." (oops)

switches to think guardian is scum

knew glork was a cop

follows glork onto MBL, switches to kinetic for fake notes etc

list of suspicions: everyone but glork

checking for advantages to town depending on whether goon, gf or sk is killed first

clearly states he thinks MBL is SK, but isn't voting for him, choosing to go after mafia instead

conclusion: odd that he wouldn't take the easy lynch of scum as opposed to someone he's 50% sure about (kinetic). fairly crappy suspicions over the course of the game unless shteven/inhim/kinetic are scum. My guess--town or SK.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

TCS:

"So are you Mafia or SK? Feel like claiming Vig?"

"Glork, your attitude makes me think that you're overreaching on handing out false town tells."

His 54th post is townish

"I get the feeling I might be suiciding by hopping so much, but whatev."

"Wow, I just realized how incredibly poorly I've been playing this game."

Becomes positive Glork is scum

Picks Albert over YB cause Glork finds Albert innocent and Glork is scum

"I would suggest chainsawing Glork tonight."

D2:

"Question-- does the SK hitting scum increase Glork's odds of being the SK?" votes Glork

"I'm still somewhat suspiscious of Glork, but I'm willing to let that slide since he's Glork, and if he's mafia/SK he's just going to win because no one is going to have the stones to string him up."
(is this frustrated town or frustrated scum wanting to lynch thte SK badly?)

"MBL seems like he wants to suicide though."

"For my money, either Glork or Inhim is the SK."
(why SK and not scum?)

repeats 4 times that Glork is SK

"Here's how this is going to work. unvote, vote: Glork You can all argue amongst yourselves who is the play for today. I'm done posting until tomorrow."

"I have an idea. Let's all do exactly what Glork says. Glork, who am I voting for? Should I FOS someone? Should I post some more? Should I ask for replacement? Should I wipe my ass? Remember to say "Glork says" or it doesn't count."

"I'm keeping my vote on Glork, but at deadline I prefer a Yogurt lynch over a Sarc lynch"
(hunting SK, preferring protection of scumpartner)

D3:

Thinks Billy is scum

"There were no reasons to lynch Sarcastro yesterday. None. I voted for the player who was the most scummy, and we got lucky to deadline-lynch mafia."

billy posts FOSing Glork, TCS thinks BT is now town

D4:

"Ah, so that's why Glork was playing differently. Now I know."
(please forget that I voted glork 60% of the game)

suddenly sheeping behind the player he's loathed all game, votes MBL

"unvote(s MBL) because Kinetic is on this wagon." (odd, why not vote kinetic in the first place or after unvoting)

"it makes much more sense to go after people who are not investigated innocents than those who are. TY" (overly defensive at 2 votes?)

"While I find Kinetic scummy the wagon on him looks like nothing more than bald opportunism."
(so he didnt like my wagon cause Kinetic was on it, and doesnt like Kinetic's wagon cause i'm on it. Curious logic.)

"I at this point state my willingness to hammah MBL."

Summary:
Lousy to zero reasons for voting. Terrible suspicions all game unless Glork is SK. Modest pro-town tone. A few instances of SK hunting. Could be Godfather or SK imo, but the town tone bothers me. Sloppy and lazy, or scummy?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork, you've confirmed Twilight as town, correct? I guess you think he's shoddy town still? What do you think of his opinions? Also, what in Twilight's play is inconsistent with SK?

Are you avoiding analysis on other players so they don't kill you? Your perspective is incredibly narrow this game.

Finally, I thought about why you're not so good at scumhunting in this game, and I believe it's the ego getting in your way--you're too proud in any given moment to remain open to the possibility you're wrong. Have you ever considered losing it for a week or two in the name of science?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:41 am

Finally, I thought about why you're not so good at scumhunting in this game, and I believe it's the ego getting in your way--you're too proud in any given moment to remain open to the possibility you're wrong. Have you ever considered losing it for a week or two in the name of science?
Badlogic. That you resort to this kind of argument is scummy. Can't you see that?
possibly
comment."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Glork »

MBL: I don't think that Billy, as SK, would stick his neck out for
ANYBODY
at that stage, especially Kinetic. Kinetic was a likely lynch candidate, and as SK, I feel that BillySK would have let Kinetic sit there and flounder. Like I indicated earlier, the SK probably has little (if any) concern over whether we lynch town or scum today, so long as he survives. Whatever is lynched, he'll try to kill somebody of the opposite alignment tonight.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork, I really want lengthier explanations from you about why you have players in various buckets. Twilight, Kinetic, likely town, etc. With context from the way they played D1/D2/D3/today. I can't help but feel your play has been incredibly thin--for example, you've focused on like 6 posts of mine out of 200, which is unlike you. I find it difficult to believe you aren't picking up on several things about my play D1/D2 that make me much less likely scum of any flavor. Where are your lengthy notes on TCS, Yos, inHim, Jack? You're slack, and that's wack.

Also, I guess you think I'm a different brand of SK than Billy, cause I've stuck my neck out left and right all game in defense of people who could have just as easily been steamrolled. YB, Guardian, Shteven, etc. Can you explain my play as SK in the wider context of the full game?

TCS, you're still on last week's horse. At least find something new and lame to beat.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:I can't help but feel your play has been incredibly thin--for example, you've focused on like 6 posts of mine out of 200
Overblown hyperbole, much?
First of all, you've barely made 80% of the "200" posts you claim. Apparently we're rounding to the nearest HUNDRED now?
Secondly, I've definitely addressed more than "like 6" of your posts. More to the point, I've addressed your general lack of posts throughout D2. I'm willing to give you a pass on D3, considering you were gone. And I've definitely looked at at least six of your today-posts.

You can seriously quit with the rhetoric. You should know, after FTF, that peppering towns with anti-Glork propaganda doesn't sit well with me, and consequently doesn't do you any good.
MBL wrote:I find it difficult to believe you aren't picking up on several things about my play D1/D2 that make me much less likely scum of any flavor.
/disagree.
I've addressed your D1/D2 play, and I've explained my meta on why your play is consistent with you being an SK, if not possible Mafia.
1) You're bus-happy
2) When you're scum in a game with two known scums, you're prone to going heavily after one group while largely ignoring the other.

MBL wrote:Where are your lengthy notes on TCS, Yos, inHim, Jack? You're slack, and that's wack.
Like I admitted in FTF, I have a tendency to slack with regards to people I think are town. Up until Sarc was lynched, the innocents on TCS/inHim were more than enough reason to shy away from focusing on them. Jack is somebody I've been calling town for most of the game, and a re-assessment of Yos, combined with the innocent on him both lead me to believe that he is very likely town. I realize that I'm not being completely up front, but I see no reason right now to post extensively on these players. If it comes down to it, I'll defend a player as I see fit (as I have with Kinetic).

As for Kinetic, I explained my stance on BM a long, long time ago. That has not changed. I would give at least 75% that Kinetic is town
based on Battle Mage's play alone
. I have also already shared my toughts on the earlier wagon on Kinetic and on his "bumbling town" behavior. I'm not sure what more you want, but you seem to be ignoring what I
have
said and claiming that I'm not saying anything.

MBL wrote:Also, I guess you think I'm a different brand of SK than Billy, cause I've stuck my neck out left and right all game in defense of people who could have just as easily been steamrolled.
I've just looked over your posts, and I challenge you to find three examples of where you defended people who could "easily [be] steamrolled." The only things I've been able to find is you assessing AE as "townish," but she never picked up suspicion from anybody, and "mildly townish" from Jack, who also had garnered virtually zero suspicion early in the game. You call HJ/AE town in your long analysis, but again, neither of them were in any danger at the time.

I definitely call foul on this one.

As far as your "defenses" of Guardian: As far as I can tell, your only "Guardian is town" posts came after his Doc-Claim and before his Townie-Reclaim, when hardly anybody was voicing suspicion of him at all. You then came into the thread afterwards berating players for lynching Guardian and blahblah, none of which is the least bit provable and none of which means a shred of anything to anybody.
MBL wrote:Can you explain my play as SK in the wider context of the full game?
Sure. Try this post. [/lazy]
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Glork »

I should also point out that your response to "I'd like to hear MBL's thoughts on yesterday" echoed about what I'd expect from him as scum. "You people are impatient morons and I'm right and intelligent!" He tried to use the "I was right about CDB/CES" argument as scum in FTF, clearly has resorted to rhetoric ad-hom attacks ("Glork is posting under the influence"), and seems to be trying to fling as much mud as he possibly can. He's dripping it into his posts. If you look at, say, his spat with me in Kingmaker 2, there was relatively little of that. Much more hyperconcentrated here.

I could point out the further "Burden of Proficiency" statements, but that'd probably be beating a dead horse.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:06 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:I've addressed your D1/D2 play, and I've explained my meta on why your play is consistent with you being an SK, if not possible Mafia.
1) You're bus-happy
Yay, thank you for the easy one to shoot down. My votes D1/D2:
Guardian (1st on "wagon")
N9V (1st on wagon)
Albert (4th on wagon)
Glork (1st on wagon)
Albert (3rd on wagon)
Glork (3rd on wagon)
Sarc (3rd on wagon)
You call this "bus-happy"? First on scum, third on scum, first on you and on an early meaningless G-wagon, third on you and on a terrible townie, 4th on that same terrible townie. Please clarify your statement that I've been bus happy.
Glork wrote:2) When you're scum in a game with two known scums, you're prone to going heavily after one group while largely ignoring the other.
As I've stated clearly several times, it's nearly impossible to distinguish a townie from an SK D1/D2, so I went after scum. Side benefit: crosskills D1/D2. I tried spotting SK with Guardian and was totally wrong. So I went after scum D1/D2, the players who were drawing associations with one another. The SK was probably hunting scum with us, so tough to pick out that early. But anyhow, your comparison to Moses is kind of silly, because in this game the 2nd faction is untraceable early, in the other game, the second faction was my own faction and according to your crappy metagame I'm prone to bus them, not ignore them. So you'd be looking for me to... bus... myself today if I'm the second mafia faction?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:08 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:I challenge you to find three examples of where you defended people who could "easily [be] steamrolled."
Here are my posts D1/D2 defending players who were essentially the leading wagons:
MBL, D1/D2 wrote:I don't like to lynch solid players D1 if possible.
Guardian
shows potential to be useful if he's town.

Off the top of my head,
YB
is not playing unsubtly sneaky like he does as scum.

Shteven
is combative and has done some things I found sketchy but his earnestness makes me think he may be town.

Shteven's
so argumentative and contentious he looks protown to me.

I don't think
Yogurt
has the panache to post this as scum:

I need to read his posts again to be sure, but my gut tells me
Shteven
is town.

I'm not thrilled with
Shteven, YB, Guardian, inhim
lynches based on what I last read.

InHim's
posts read genuine. I'll be impressed if he's scum.

I've gotten a lot of pro-town vibes from
Shteven
. His posts are also laden with the effort of frustrated/antagonistic town on the defensive.

Guardian
is off the table for me.

Yogurt
doesn't come across as particularly scummy to me.
The only one of the bunch I never defended is Albert, who in retrospect, was primarily responsible for the muddy D1.
Glork wrote:Overblown hyperbole, much? First of all, you've barely made 80% of the "200" posts you claim. Apparently we're rounding to the nearest HUNDRED now?
200 was a guess. I've made like 165. Nitpick much?
Glork wrote:I should also point out that your response to "I'd like to hear MBL's thoughts on yesterday" echoed about what I'd expect from him as scum. "You people are impatient morons and I'm right and intelligent!"
Guardian as scum could have stuck with the doc claim for another day. The fact that he corrected his bogus claim made him MORE townish in my opinion, and you guys just kind of clobbered him without waiting to get everyone's opinion on the situation. Meaning some of you don't particularly care to draw a full set of connections. Yes, I would have defended him, and no, you don't know jack about me if you don't realize that.

Question re: this:
Glork wrote:Yos, rationalize for me why it's a good idea for Guardian to fakeclaim Doc as mafia and then hammer his scumbuddy Sarcastro.
So Guardian's vote for Sarc made him townish in your eyes but my vote on Sarc, which you admit is the pivotal vote, makes me scummy. Nice logic. Oh, I forgot your amazing metagame where any time MBL is pivotal on scum he's busing.

And here's the legendary confidence at work two days in a row as Glork is "POSITIVE" he has the SK dead to rights:
Glork wrote:Personally, I am seeing Guardian as a very likely SK candidate right now.

I think that HH is very likely Mafia (prolly the last Goon), and that Guardian is the SK. I'm not sure who the Godfather is yet, but after those two are out of the way, we can figure that out.
GG, scums. You've been paragon'd.

(Guardian,) Your behavior has convinced me that you are very likely the SK. Period.
Glork wrote:(MBL,) You are the SK and I want you dead today. End of story.
Glork wrote:
MBL wrote:Why would you eliminate Billy as SK?
Mostly cause you're the SK.
:roll:
Two consecutive days of SK hunting instead of scumhunting. Curious.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

And the capper: this flip-flop from the Glorkster:
Glork wrote:As both inHim and I previously have pointed out why the SK would (or, in inHim's case, "should") target Guardian,
does anybody else find it odd that the SK went after AE?
Given his self-survival play, the somewhat odd kill choice (which, I think, was a
weak attempt to frame MBL as an SK
)
Glork wrote:
The N3 death on AE is interesting.
AE was definitely pointing at MBL as an SK, and then she got Chainsawed. He also openly tried to convince us not to take her word for things and describes getting a bad vibe on her, all in this post. Again, if he really thought AE was scum,
her death would not only fit in with his "SK should be hunting scum" ideology, but would also serve to silence one of his harshest critics
Seriously, why do any of you bother following this guy? He's tossing darts blindfolded, and can't hit a double to save his life.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Glork wrote:I've addressed your D1/D2 play, and I've explained my meta on why your play is consistent with you being an SK, if not possible Mafia.
1) You're bus-happy
Yay, thank you for the easy one to shoot down. My votes D1/D2:
Guardian (1st on "wagon")
N9V (1st on wagon)
Albert (4th on wagon)
Glork (1st on wagon)
Albert (3rd on wagon)
Glork (3rd on wagon)
Sarc (3rd on wagon)
You call this "bus-happy"? First on scum, third on scum, first on you and on an early meaningless G-wagon, third on you and on a terrible townie, 4th on that same terrible townie. Please clarify your statement that I've been bus happy.
Two things here.
First, I'm going to point out the hypocrisy of your "Shouldn't Glrok be doing better?" claims when your own defense on this point is that you've gone mainly after townies. You're at least as talented a player as I am, MBL, and if you're going to even attempt use burden of proficiency, it would go both ways.
Second, this particular remark refers almost exclusively to your behavior towards Sarcastro and your "you idiots went after Guardian" comments. You like to highlight whatever good things you've done while completely ignoring anything that wouldn't appear to be stellar protown play. In FTF, you went on and on about how you tried to draw attention from me, how you claimed to be pivotal in lynching CDB, etc etc... but as I repeatedly pointed out there, you actually
defended
CDB until his lynch seemed inevitable, then you tried to bus him as hard as you possibly could. I've yet to see a distinct parallel here, but A) I'd expect you to evolve your play and not be so obvious next time; and B) I've come to the conclusion that you're likely an SK, which means I should focus less on this point and more on.......
Glork wrote:2) When you're scum in a game with two known scums, you're prone to going heavily after one group while largely ignoring the other.
As I've stated clearly several times, it's nearly impossible to distinguish a townie from an SK D1/D2, so I went after scum. Side benefit: crosskills D1/D2. I tried spotting SK with Guardian and was totally wrong. So I went after scum D1/D2, the players who were drawing associations with one another. The SK was probably hunting scum with us, so tough to pick out that early. But anyhow, your comparison to Moses is kind of silly, because in this game the 2nd faction is untraceable early, in the other game, the second faction was my own faction and according to your crappy metagame I'm prone to bus them, not ignore them. So you'd be looking for me to... bus... myself today if I'm the second mafia faction?[/quote].....this one.
The second faction is certainly NOT untraceable that early. There are tells,
such as the "separation from the SK" tell
, that I have already pointed out:
You "distanced" yourself from the SV kill by calling it "odd."
You "instructed the SK" on how to go about killing.
You then
CONGRATULATED
the SK on the MoS kill,
UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT HE HAD TAKEN
*YOUR*
ADVICE TO GO AFTER SCUM AND HAD KILLED MOS BECAUSE HE THOUGHT MOS WAS SCUM

Explain to me
EXACTLY
how you came to that conclusion? What inspired you to say:
MBL wrote:I am SO proud of the SK
at the start of Day Two?

I think you made a slip-up that was fairly subtle, but unmistakable when noticed. And though I pointed it out earlier, I don't feel that you ever adequately replied to it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:And the capper: this flip-flop from the Glorkster:
Glork wrote:As both inHim and I previously have pointed out why the SK would (or, in inHim's case, "should") target Guardian,
does anybody else find it odd that the SK went after AE?
Given his self-survival play, the somewhat odd kill choice (which, I think, was a
weak attempt to frame MBL as an SK
)
Glork wrote:
The N3 death on AE is interesting.
AE was definitely pointing at MBL as an SK, and then she got Chainsawed. He also openly tried to convince us not to take her word for things and describes getting a bad vibe on her, all in this post. Again, if he really thought AE was scum,
her death would not only fit in with his "SK should be hunting scum" ideology, but would also serve to silence one of his harshest critics
Seriously, why do any of you bother following this guy? He's tossing darts blindfolded, and can't hit a double to save his life.
Opinions are wont to change... what can I say? If they weren't, I'd have had BM lynched Day One.

Plus, I would argue that the second observation is more appropriate, because it falls within the context of an entire analysis of your play throughout the game. It is not a stale, isolated observation, but one that fits in with a much broader gameview... exactly the gameview that you just accused me of not having when I came to the conclusion that you are the SK.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Glork »

MBL wrote:I don't like to lynch solid players D1 if possible. Guardian shows potential to be useful if he's town.
Statement of utility is not defense of alignment. 'Nuff said.
MBL wrote:Off the top of my head, YB is not playing unsubtly sneaky like he does as scum.
That's one.
Shteven wrote:Shteven is combative and has done some things I found sketchy but his earnestness makes me think he may be town.

Shteven's so argumentative and contentious he looks protown to me.
Shteven was not a prime suspect during D1. In fact, he had garnered little attention from anybody who wasn't me, I believe.
MBL wrote:I don't think Yogurt has the panache to post this as scum:
That's two.
MBL wrote:I'm not thrilled with Shteven, YB, Guardian, inhim lynches based on what I last read.
Guardian, InHim, and Shteven weren't viable lynch candidates at this point.
MBL wrote:InHim's posts read genuine. I'll be impressed if he's scum.
Again, inHim was basically off the board by then. This is from the same post as the next quote, so see the note/ensuing-VC below.
MBL wrote:I've gotten a lot of pro-town vibes from Shteven. His posts are also laden with the effort of frustrated/antagonistic town on the defensive.
Again, Shteven wans't a viable lynch candidate. Look at Guardian's unofficial VC from just a few posts later:
Guardian wrote:5 votes for Yogurt Bandit (HackerHuck, ManaSpryte, InHim, BillyTwilight, Jack)
5 votes for Sarcastro (AutumnEvenings, Shteven, YB, MBL, Glork)
1 votes for Glork (TCS)
1 votes for InHim (Yosarian2)
1 vote for Guardian (BattleMage)
1 votes for Shteven (Sarcastro)
inHim, one vote. Guardian, one vote. Hardly defense of players who were being "steamrolled" as you had claimed.

The last YB one would be legit, except you ended up voting for the other leading man, Sarc. I'll give you a half-point for YB and put you at 2.5.

Close... very close. But not quite.

Context ftw. It's easy to pick out a bunch of quotes, but I doubt that you bothered to look at the context of any of them. When you made your initial claim, it regarded players who were on the verge of being run up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Why'd I praise the SK for spotting my cool posts about MoS? Cause I was being funny and cocky-retarded, plus I was one of the only people on to MoS D1, so I was half-serious. YB agreed:
YogurtBandit wrote:Hmm. Well, Whatever MBL said to the SK mustve Told him to go after scum.
I imagine a few others agree as well. Do you see a lot of other public explanation for why MoS was ganked?

By the way, other than my initial vote, I was only on the two scum, you and Albert D1/D2. I'd hardly criticize my own play there, as the only townies I voted for played like donkeys, and I hit both scum.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Everyone is so mad. :(
possibly
comment."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

More adamant than mad. I'm not about to let someone who's either scum or way off his game lose this game for town by lynching innocent ole me. I'm also going to remind him and everyone else that his "metagame" on me is insulting and retarded every time he brings it up. And he'll ignore the feedback, and we'll move on.

TCS, what will you do if by some miracle you guys manage to lynch me? I'll come up town, what will your next move be?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 pm

Probably Kinetic.
possibly