Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 am

Post by vollkan »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #8

theopor_COD[3](Oman, vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](ac1983fan, Trojan Horse)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[5](pwayne66, Flameaxe, Rump-Wat, theopor_COD, curiouskarmadog)

Sorry; I just cross-posted.

[quote"Tyhess"]
Yeah I can see how that would look. That's just my style of play, changing quickly with what I feel is right, but I can see how that looks scummy.
[/quote]

Well, I said you were being overly defensive and then you go and make that rather calm post as I was typing.

I'd still like to know why you over-reacted regarding the editing thing.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:03 am

Post by tyhess »

Sometimes I Just act weird like that. I didn't look at it like overreacting; I wasn't mad or anything, I was just throwing that out there because people kept saying it, and I wanted to use CAPS. I looked at it like having a good time writing a post. That's probably not a good idea in this game, but whatever.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:10 am

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess wrote: Sometimes I Just act weird like that. I didn't look at it like overreacting; I wasn't mad or anything, I was just throwing that out there because people kept saying it, and I wanted to use CAPS. I looked at it like having a good time writing a post. That's probably not a good idea in this game, but whatever.
That's all well and good, but you said:
Tyhess wrote: TRYING TO EDIT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO DELETE A POST. Just so everyone know that and stops saying I'm scum for trying to edit my post.
The only reference I can find to the edit is:
Trojan wrote: Combine that with the fuss over not being able to edit his posts (which we aren't allowed to do), and tyhess has been acting like a major newb so far.
Trojan only says you are being newbish (as I have already pointed out). He doesn't say you are scum for that alone.

Admittedly, Trojan does vote you seemingly on the basis of:
1) your wagoning
2) Your newbishness
But certainly, he did not call you scum specifically for the edit, and he is the only person that even has expressed any thoughts on it.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 am

Post by tyhess »

Ok I see how that would be seen as overdrive.....I thought that that was one of the main reasons that he was voting for me.

I remember someone else mentioning that against me at one point, but now I can't seem to find it?????/
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:26 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I can see the vote hoping thing, but this changing your post thing and the defensive "responses" following seem to be irrelevant. I think the fact that he wanted to delete his double post indicates very little and the fact that it has been brought up (in any context) multiple times would annoy me as well.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:28 am

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess wrote: I remember someone else mentioning that against me at one point, but now I can't seem to find it?????/
Theo wrote: Tyhess votes Dr calls him weird and then he wants to edit posts.
Theo only mentioned it in a summary overview of the game; there was no judgment at all, not even one of newb.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:38 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...I can't seem to find another mention of it either... I thought that there was one.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:42 am

Post by vollkan »

Pwayne wrote: ...I can't seem to find another mention of it either... I thought that there was one.
There were also a few mentions of the edit sig.

The fact is that there was never any accusation of scumminess about it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Oman »

I thought there was more mention of it myself...oh well.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

theopor has seemed genuine to me so far, and his posting has been full of content. Besides accusations of lurking early on, he has been contributing since then.

Flameaxe also seems genuine. He's smart enough to not mess up this early as town, and I think that a lot of his "vote-hopping" was just randomness. When he did extra "vote-hopping", it was because he was done being random and wanted to make a serious vote that just happened to not be on the person he was voting before. In addition, I don't think there is anything inherently scummy about vote-hopping, as long as you have a reason that you can give to back up your votes.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 am

Post by Oman »

MoS wrote:He's smart enough to not mess up this early as town,
WIFOM. What do you think of his strange work on Blackstrike?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:57 am

Not really WIFOM, Oman. Coming from him, yes, it might be WIFOM. However, there is no incentive to make huge moves as scum early in D1, because it only gets people to suspect you, and it ultimately reduces your chances of living to endgame, because they'll always remember how scummy you were on D1, if nothing else.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:11 am

Post by pwayne66 »

There is no incentive to get yourself lynched D1 as a townie either. I mean, if we are to assume that as scum, he would be smart enough to avoid a scummy situation, what causes him to be less smart as a townie.

Either way, he made himself look scummy. Very likely it was accidental. Both scum and townies have accidents.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:20 am

Actually, there is not much incentive for townies to do anything other than what they feel like doing. They don't have a reason to control and edit what they say, because they are protown. They don't need to reword their posts to put the best light on it, and they don't need to watch what they say to avoid stepping on toes. Protown players have a lot more freedom to do things that could be considered "scummy", because they know ultimately that they *are* protown. I almost never try to avoid being scummy by sacrificing saying my opinion.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:36 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Actually, there is not much incentive for townies to do anything other than what they feel like doing. They don't have a reason to control and edit what they say, because they are protown. They don't need to reword their posts to put the best light on it, and they don't need to watch what they say to avoid stepping on toes. Protown players have a lot more freedom to do things that could be considered "scummy", because they know ultimately that they *are* protown. I almost never try to avoid being scummy by sacrificing saying my opinion.
that being said, how do you play when you are scum? I assume the same way right? Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 am

When I'm scum, I attempt to make it look like I'm playing the same way I always do, but I also tend to edit my posts and look them over to see if I've said something that will draw undue attention to myself. I don't ever like getting attacked for random crap that doesn't actually mean much as a scumtell, but I hate it even more as scum, because in that case, they lynch me for a crap reason and actually get it right on accident.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I really want to hear from ac1983 at this stage.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Oman »

CKD wrote:Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
This is perhaps the best line of the game.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: that being said, how do you play when you are scum? I assume the same way right? Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
Agreed. Earlier I said:
Vollkan wrote: Also, MoS, do you have anything to say at all about this game (in which quite a lot is happening) other than one line remarks about the number of people here?
Now MoS has just moved into theory stuff, other than one post saying Flame and Theo seem "genuine".
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Oman »

The follow up post ot that hardly has me thinking that either MoS has a developed plan on theo and Flame or that theo and flame really are genuine.

Unvote Vote MoS
This is rediculous.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: The follow up post ot that hardly has me thinking that either MoS has a developed plan on theo and Flame or that theo and flame really are genuine.

Unvote Vote MoS This is rediculous.
Can you explain this a bit more? I don't get what you mean, though you clearly think you have a point.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Oman wrote:
CKD wrote:Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
This is perhaps the best line of the game.
and hear I thought my humor was lost.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Oman »

After MoS' one post saying "Theo good, Flameaxe good" I asked him for more and he said:
MoS wrote:theopor has seemed genuine to me so far, and his posting has been full of content. Besides accusations of lurking early on, he has been contributing since then.

Flameaxe also seems genuine. He's smart enough to not mess up this early as town, and I think that a lot of his "vote-hopping" was just randomness. When he did extra "vote-hopping", it was because he was done being random and wanted to make a serious vote that just happened to not be on the person he was voting before. In addition, I don't think there is anything inherently scummy about vote-hopping, as long as you have a reason that you can give to back up your votes.
He completly brushes over the fact that flameaxe came under the microscope not for vote hopping, but for his poor case on Blackstrike.

His analysis of theo is in my mind incorrect, as even scum can have content, and that doesn't mean they're pro-town.

Basically his reluctance to jump on either of the major wagons for reasons I don't like make me think he's scummy.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Wait. I have a "developed plan" on theo and flameaxe? Does this mean they're town and I'm scum, and you think I'm playing them, trying to gain their trust?

I have more questions, but I want this answered first. No way I'm going to let you backtrack out of this one.
Permanent V/LA.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

MoS wrote: Wait. I have a "developed plan" on theo and flameaxe? Does this mean they're town and I'm scum, and you think I'm playing them, trying to gain their trust?

I have more questions, but I want this answered first. No way I'm going to let you backtrack out of this one.
It's interesting that Oman states pretty clearly that he thinks that you have a "developed plan", so much that he says it is "rediculous" [sic]. However, in his next post, which was in response to me probing him to explain what he meant, he says:
Oman wrote: He completly brushes over the fact that flameaxe came under the microscope not for vote hopping, but for his poor case on Blackstrike.

His analysis of theo is in my mind incorrect, as even scum can have content, and that doesn't mean they're pro-town.

Basically his reluctance to jump on either of the major wagons for reasons I don't like make me think he's scummy.
Oman has a point in that MoS did ignore the main reasons for the flame wagon and that Theo having content doesn't make him pro-town, however two points also emerge:
1) Oman fails to make any further mention of this "plan"; and
2) He says you are scummy for NOT jumping on a wagon because your reasons for thinking Theo and Flame are pro-town are not good. Oman is basically saying that you should have joined the wagons unless you can articulate a good reason why not to, and he thinks you are scummy for that.

FoS: Oman
. This will upgrade if your explanation doesn't satisfy me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”