ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie: Are you saying you won't list your suspects than?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Thin_Man »

hi
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Twomz »

......Very in depth post there Thin_Man... will there be a follow up?

I do not think we should force people to make a list, but if para is not going to do his, he should at least name another player.

PS: I am also thinking that he might have just not noticed that he was next in line.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Aimee »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Aimee wrote:In the other game I am in with him, his last post was yesterday. :?
are you sure, according to his profile he posted on the 7th.
You're right.

(This is a confession that I'm a bit dim).
Twomz wrote:Aimee - Argued against Paradox's attack on me as bad logic. Has been contributing but has not moved from her random vote.
Oops.

unvote

I thought I'd done that earlier, but I've checked and obviously not.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Twomz »

<3 Always happy to help.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Thin_Man »

GoW wrote:There is also a possibility that a mafioso wrote the note, and is accusing town. Doesn't that have an equal possibility? It's simple, but hey, Occam's Razor.
isn't occams razor either way. And there's no reason to assume anything until we know a great deal more than we do now.
Pdcake wrote:the way i see it it provides a little more information then just a straight up random vote. but thats only if the other option is to pick a random player
Do you consider random lynch a viable option at all?
Para wrote:I do not actually buy this.
Quite rightly.
para wrote:I see some significance to the fact that Twomz was not bandwagoned for suggesting a No-Lynch. I'd think any decent scum would jump on that instantly. Although I suppose the fact that there wasn't much of a bandwagon to jump on might've contributed to scum's decision not to go for it, it is also possible that it's because Twomz is scum himself. He's said it himself that he's been lynched in other games for his pro-no-lynch stance where he was townie, what makes this game different? I think overall it's a pretty solid tell.
I think I'll upgrade my FoS, but I don't plan to vote on just this.
Not a fan of both the meandering suspicion and the lameness of the point.

FYI, Twomz gets suspicion for stuff like this pretty much every game I've seen with him in
except
the ones where he's scum, so excuse me for being a little incredulous.
adele wrote:Or the scum decided not to jump on him so that he'd appear scummy for the reasons covered. If you follow. My point is that the whole thing's vulnerable to wifom
You think that likely? I think that requires a bit too much thought for most people in this game. Counterintuitive thoughts have always been fairly uncommon from most newbs I've seen.
adele wrote:I think that arguments flawed but not ridiculous, so it itself is also a null tell.
Genuine question: do you always err on the side of people being town mid-day 1? (obvobv depends on the game, but in general)
para wrote:Well I'm not sure of the odds, but every single time I've seen someone suggest a No-Lynch(and that's not too many time of course) there was a significantly bigger deal of it made than this.
I know you said it's not many, but where have you seen it before?
para wrote:Based on previous experience I don't think scum could orchestrate somthin like this unless I was scum because I don't think they could expect some random townie to bring it up.
Yep.
SirWario wrote:I really haven't seen anything too supicious yet. I'm not really seeing pdcakes as scum right now. Everyone is using his remark "I would choose Adam to lynch to find out if the note was true." To me, it appeared he suggesting an alternative to random lynching with the idea that random lynching consists of choosing someone haphazardly with no evidence at all(this is where I saw his newbiness come into play). He didn't seem to grasp the concept of discussion and using it to find the most supect. He thought if we're going to lynch someone random, then why not choose adam and find out if the not is true
Yep. If he was a scum, I would expect him to be more annoyed about the fact he was being bandwagonned for something he didn't think was scummy (which I think would have been the case).
Adele wrote:That's jump-worthy. You can't wait for stuff to happen, you have to help make it happen! Why, when I was a bit younger, I challenged a player to an accusation-off just to get things going because there really was nothing going on. If you're gonna lurk, lurk, but don't pretend it's because this game's a swamp of nothingness, because it patently ain't.
Rather hypocritical, no, considering you've been useless pretty much all game?
Ryan wrote:I'm not lurking. I haven't seen a subject that I feel strongly about to comment on. I believe the note on Adam is worthy of discussion but since we have 50% of the people on both sides of the fence with it, I'm comfortable looking for other possible lynches here in Day 1. You can rip me for not steering conversation but saying I'm lurking is completely stupid. I didn't realize that I was voted the leader of the town. I'll try and keep up my end than.
Whining about your inability to do anything isn't going to win you many friends
Kbamf wrote:I didn't like the way pdcakes switched his perspective on adam so quickly, and I know we've been over this before, but it just stuck out in my mind, and at the moment you are the most scummy person on my list.
Do you have anything else against him bar his position change?

I don't think PDcakes really had a position change, by the by. He never suggested we should be lynching adam because he's scummy, so him thinking he's pro-town is only really a slight deviation, not a retcon of an earlier opinion.
Ryan wrote:Most Suspicious
pdcakes
Adam the Amazing
Aimee

Least Suspicious
Adele
GodofWine
kabenon007
^^^ this is a godawful list.
adele wrote:It also seems like a helpful thing to do for the scum; they can figure out who suspects them against who has influence and build a (sufficiently wifomy, obv) strategy from there...
Pretty sure it's just as helpful for townies to organise their thoughts and get away from their crusades as it is for scum to help realise who's suspicious of them. And you've really mastered this art of only commenting on things tangential to the game.
CKD wrote:I am usually not for lynch the lurker, I always insisit they are replaced, but if he has contacted the mod by PM by still refuses to post, that is different story
*snip*
So he has been checking in to the site (got the PM) but he is in no other game and he is not posting here
I'm in the little italy game pick your poison also. And I wasn't actively not posting, but you can feel free no to believe that.
Twomz wrote:Thin_Man - Started off ok, made kinda a big deal about the no lynch, but was not the only person. Has not posted since the 3rd although he is posting elsewhere and picked up the prod.
I was not posting anywhere else, and I couldn't post yesterday.

This was done as I read through, so I apologise if some quotes are attributed to the wrong person. I have absolutely no problem at all with posting a list of suspicions, so call me when you want me. I'll also keep my vote to on SW at the minute, though I don't especially believe he's scum in comparison to some others. I want to see some people post their scumlists before I move it, and dislike being without a vote.

fyi, the reason I've been away is partially just business, but partially other, less plannable, things. It really shouldn't happen again. If it does, I'll probly request replacement, for the games sake.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Adam has requested replacement. I'm working on it.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

And Simenon replaces Adam the Amazing - effective of now. Welcome him to the game.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Simenon »

I will read over the weekend, aiming for saturday.

HI AIMEE <3
SEND THE VECTOIDS
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

unvote...
still rather snarky...but it was a post with content.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by Twomz »

Welcome to the game Simenon!
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

welcomes all around!
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:Paradoxombie: Are you saying you won't list your suspects than?
Not really, I just don't have any new supicions to list.
Twomz wrote:I do not think we should force people to make a list, but if para is not going to do his, he should at least name another player.
Why should I feel motivated to pass this burdenless burden if I think it's a bad idea?
Thin_Man wrote:
para wrote:Well I'm not sure of the odds, but every single time I've seen someone suggest a No-Lynch(and that's not too many time of course) there was a significantly bigger deal of it made than this.
I know you said it's not many, but where have you seen it before?
Well I don't remember the specific games anymore, but I think I've seen somthing happen along the lines I described at least 2 or 3 times out of the dozen or so games I've been in. I considered this game this exception. Why? Do you think the opposite?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Twomz »

I suppose pdcakes can go then, because adam was just replaced and thin_man just made a big post after being absent for a while.

Me and your mother are VERY disappointed in you Para.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by pdcakes »

huh? what did you mean by pdcakes can go?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 pm

Post by Aimee »

Simenon wrote:I will read over the weekend, aiming for saturday.

HI AIMEE <3
HI SIMENON!

<3

Also, Paradox, I don't see a major
disadvantage
in giving a scum-list. I mean, what is the problem with doing it. :?
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

Para wrote:Well I don't remember the specific games anymore, but I think I've seen somthing happen along the lines I described at least 2 or 3 times out of the dozen or so games I've been in. I considered this game this exception. Why? Do you think the opposite?
Not really. It's just fairly easy to say you've seen something before as a justification for something, if you get me. People rarely get called on that type of thing. I personally think it's quite likely that someone suggesting no-lynch early game would have at least a little suspicion put against them. Don't necessarily reckon a bandwagon, though. So I don't so much think the opposite as think you're either exaggerating it (likely unintentionally) or you've just seen a couple of odd examples.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:25 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

theopor_COD wrote:And Simenon replaces Adam the Amazing - effective of now. Welcome him to the game.
welcome....by the way, you have a huge target on your chest..comments?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Twomz »

Come one guys, post something geez >.<
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

Simenon wrote:I will read over the weekend, aiming for saturday.

HI AIMEE <3
PROTIP: i recommend devoting some of your reading time to how utterly useless adele has been all game.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by SirWario »

To all games:

Due to extending circumstances, I will be unable to post in all of my games from saturday until tuesday evening. I promise to catch up promptly upon my return and post something substantial.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Aimee wrote: Also, Paradox, I don't see a major
disadvantage
Well I assume the advantage is that we can catch scum in changing their suspicions, which is unhelpful since scum never really need to change their suspicions, while town do. Then it also helps scum choose their nightkill, find powerroles, and form effective bandwagons and mislynches.

I think it's better than the game stagnating, but not by much.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:21 am

Post by pdcakes »

twomz you never responded to my question about what you meant when you said pdcakes can go
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Twomz »

As in since Para is against posting a Top 3 Scum list, you can instead. Then after you do, you get to pick someone.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Thin_Man »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Aimee wrote: Also, Paradox, I don't see a major
disadvantage
Well I assume the advantage is that we can catch scum in changing their suspicions, which is unhelpful since scum never really need to change their suspicions, while town do. Then it also helps scum choose their nightkill, find powerroles, and form effective bandwagons and mislynches.

I think it's better than the game stagnating, but not by much.
The main thing I like about it is the fact that it flat out forces every player to sit down and seriously question their thoughts about each player in the game. Maybe it's just me seeing myself in others, but I reckon people will err on the side of not doing something if they believe they are already doing enough (despite the fact the thing they
are
doing is the wrong thing), if you're with me. Being forced by a model like this to organize your thoughts and back up your opinions in a way you really feel like you can stand behind is a good thing, I think.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”