Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Snix »

Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hide: durring the day Dr. Jekyll is a mild mannered scientist working for the good of the town; but if, when day ends, he still has a vote on a living person his rage surges over and he becomes an SK. He doesn't get to chose his target, Mr. Hide has already done that for him. The person his last vote fell on is NK'd and his rage subsides for another night.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Oman »

If investigated during the day or after a good lynch he'd be innocent...other wise GUILTY
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Gorgon »

Snix wrote:Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hide: durring the day Dr. Jekyll is a mild mannered scientist working for the good of the town; but if, when day ends, he still has a vote on a living person his rage surges over and he becomes an SK. He doesn't get to chose his target, Mr. Hide has already done that for him. The person his last vote fell on is NK'd and his rage subsides for another night.
Fuldu actually used Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hide in his Worst Role Ever game. The mechanics were slightly different, though.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

[quote="Dead Rikimaru"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Truthfull Goon - You can't vote for your teammates.[/quote]
Actually, you can't vote AT ALL. Otherwise as soon as you die and your role is revealed everyone you voted is automatically cleared. (or at least do not belong to your faction)[/quote]

Well, yeah, you'd have to make sure that you only vote for people who are going to get lynched that day.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Your role: A Man Destined To Hang... (pro-town)

A long time ago, a gypsy fortune teller told you that you were destined to die by hanging. You've always taken a strange kind of confidence from this; you knew you wouldn't die while skydiving, or mountain climbing, or in any other activity like that, so ever since then you've always been a real risk-taker. Even when the mafia started to take over your town and kill off your neighbors, you weren't afraid. However, when the town decided to start lynching people, you realized you might be in trouble...

You have two-shot protection against nightkills; that is, the first two attempts to nightkill you will fail. However, if you ever, at any point, have 3 or more votes on you, you will be lynched instantly. (Note you can still be lynched normally by 2 voters in a 3 man endgame.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Snix »

Oman wrote:If investigated during the day or after a good lynch he'd be innocent...other wise GUILTY
although, you could do that if a cop decided to investigate while he was on one of his roid rages the cop would die and Hide's real target would live on, just to throw more suspicion his way.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Thok »

Inspired by Yos's role and an episode of the Twilight Zone

A prisoner from Owl Creek: If you are lynched, a new thread will be created. In one game you will be lynched, and the game will go to night. In the other game, your lynch will fail, and the game will go to night. Both of these new threads will continue as normal (and in each game everybody will have the same roles and role powers), however one will be real and one will merely be a hallucination; for win conditions only the real game will count.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:40 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

Thok wrote:Inspired by Yos's role and an episode of the Twilight Zone

A prisoner from Owl Creek: If you are lynched, a new thread will be created. In one game you will be lynched, and the game will go to night. In the other game, your lynch will fail, and the game will go to night. Both of these new threads will continue as normal (and in each game everybody will have the same roles and role powers), however one will be real and one will merely be a hallucination; for win conditions only the real game will count.
I'ld like to see that
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Apologizeing beforehand for any games I may/will be inactive in because of Real Life
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Snix »

Monopoly Joe: You're job is to, on night one, guess day two's lynched (you can not guess yourself) and then convince the rest of the town for that persons lynching. If you succeed you will recieve a Get out of lynching free card and become one of the townies, If you do not you must repeat the process the next night. If you are lynched or Night Killed you're role will be revealed as a Grudge Holder (see below). Investigates Scum until he guesses correctly.

Grudge Holder: You have been randomly assigned X to have a grudge against, you may only vote for X and win only when X is dead. If NK'd or Lynched you're role will be revealed as Grudge Holder. Upon the lynching of X you win but then view your life as worthless and off yourself the following night.

Dice: Each night you perform a six-sided dice roll and send the results to the mod. The number will then perform some action.
1-3: nothing
4: Investigates one scum and sends you the results
5: also nothing
6: Role blocks a pro-town role.

I have too much time on my hands.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Oman »

I like dice.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Post by Seol »

gameshark1313 wrote:

I'ld like to see that
Get yourself lynched day 1. Then, by comparing threads, you can have (effectively)double the cop investigations and lynches. Never lynch the same person in both games unless they're confirmed scum - you get twice the lynch info too. Massive power boost to town, if they use it properly.

However, it's certainly very interesting.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Yamahako »

Cross-eyed cop - each night pick a player, you are given the correct alignment, but not of that player but the next one down/up/other on the list (an identifyable pattern).

Maybe pair it up with "Optomistrist" who can fix him

Person is just told they are a cop
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

What Seol said, 'cept, you can just go hog wild on the lynches in the hallucination thread. Every lynch, you either find a scum (to lynch in the real thread) or confirm a townie. It's a cool concept, but totally game-breaking (so I guess it's right at home here).

Role Idea: "Undercover-Cop"

You are a skilled Undercover-Cop and you are making an attempt at infiltrating the sinister Mafia! Starting N2, the name of a single mafia member will be revealed to you each night. However, if you are ever voting for a mafia member when they are lynched, the Mafia will find out that you're really a snitch, and you will be instantly killed (no Doc-protect, seperate from standard mafia kill)

(Mafia are not aware of this role)

Gives waaaay too much power to the town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Thok »

NabakovNabakov wrote:What Seol said, 'cept, you can just go hog wild on the lynches in the hallucination thread. Every lynch, you either find a scum (to lynch in the real thread) or confirm a townie. It's a cool concept, but totally game-breaking (so I guess it's right at home here).
While I agree with the power of the double lynching/cop investigations (and I suspect that's an important enough factor that you should just make a double game from the start), the fact that you don't know which game is the hallucination means that you can't sacrifice one to save the other.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^ Oh, I see. I thought the new thread (w/ the failed lynch) would automatically be the hallucination, and everybody would know that.

Could more than two threads be spawned if the prisoner is lynched again in the new thread? I think it would be possible for the town to spread out their risk by cranking out threads.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 am

Post by Snix »

The Town Crier: can only post in all caps and, at the beginning of each day must recap all that happened the previous day, in caps, and starting each sentence with here ye, here ye. If lynched, role reveals will not happen. Investigates town. Wins with town.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Primate »

Replacer: Your replace target is XXXX. You win when this player is replaced.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Oman »

Lol primate, thats hilarity fo' sho'!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Gorgon »

Snix wrote:The Town Crier: can only post in all caps and, at the beginning of each day must recap all that happened the previous day, in caps, and starting each sentence with here ye, here ye. If lynched, role reveals will not happen. Investigates town. Wins with town.
Effing rofl.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Primate wrote:Replacer: Your replace target is XXXX. You win when this player is replaced.

I love this role! :lol:
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Primate wrote:Replacer: Your replace target is XXXX. You win when this player is replaced.
That's awesome. The best roles are those you have no control over.

(To be sent as a PM to a random player)
Meta-Replacer: Player X is currently playing in Game Y (but you are not). If you replace into his role, you win that game!

It would definitely bring new life to the replacements thread.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by Primate »

Well, actually, you do have some control. I reckon I could make someone not want to be in a game with me if necessary.

The reason I like it is because it makes all those insults and all that swearing actually part of the game, and helps people realise that in a game, you shouldn't take any of that stuff seriously. The reason I dislike it is the obvious reason.
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Post by Draux »

You are "the unlucky person to have received this role". Should you die in-game, I will track you down and kill you in real life. You don't exactly have a win condition, but you most certainly have a "lose" condition. Have fun!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by Thok »

Primate wrote:Well, actually, you do have some control. I reckon I could make someone not want to be in a game with me if necessary.
It's really, really dependent on who you're stuck forcing to replace. If say, you're forced to get me or Yosarian2 replaced, you're probably completely screwed. At least with a lyncher you could fake a cop claim or something.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Seol »

Fucknuggets wrote:
Primate wrote:Well, actually, you do have some control. I reckon I could make someone not want to be in a game with me if necessary.
It's really, really dependent on who you're stuck forcing to replace. If say, you're forced to get me or Yosarian2 replaced, you're probably completely screwed. At least with a lyncher you could fake a cop claim or something.
What if we made the game unbearable for you? For example, were simply massively offensive in every post? Could we get you to ask to be replaced then?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”