503: Dead People Have Powers - Happiness Or Destruction?

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Spambot »

Is it me, or is this setup completely breakable? I think I'm missing something. If we lynch the cop, then he starts getting investigations, can't we just no lynch until he's investigated everybody?

I also have no idea what that line about choosing who moves on or whatever means. How do people go from dead to completely out of the game?
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Spambot »

I think we need some clarification from the mod here. Clearly, I'm not the only one somewhat confused about the rules.

Also, real early thoughts:

The people that "random" voted and then gave a bad reason are weird. It's not random if you give a reason, no matter how bad the reason is. They could be trying hard too fit in or something. I guess that's more of an issue with logic for me, and not really scummy. Hey, it's early.

I liked the way NL pointed out scum could fake claim, but at the same time it probably was not a good play. Like, if they counterclaim the doc or something, then they're going to get lynched eventually anyway.

If we lynch scum today, do we autolose? This is what I'm not getting. I think it's highly likely the scum have a roleblocker of some sort, otherwise they'd never be able to stop the doc from protecting people. Basically, we need to kill them and then survive for 3 days, right? At that point, it looks like they can be removed from the game or whatever. It's very interesting that they can only kill if one of them is dead.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Spambot »

As long as the channeler remains hidden, I'd be alright with a mass claim. One thing, though.

Right now, we are not playing mafia at all. Suggesting ways to game the setup gives scum the ability to appear to be contributing without actually doing anything that would hurt their chances of winning. The fact that the scum are uncoordianted today is a good plus in our favor, but I think that we should still be scum hunting. Like, we aren't going to lynch scum today, but we should still be looking for scum. That would give us a good means to decide if we believe what the scummy people claim, as well.

At the moment, I'd have to be most suspicious of Qman and Coron. I know I said scum can participate and appear genuine, but that doesn't mean that they would. I recently played in another game with a strange setup that required a lot of strategy, but I was scum and decided to lurk through it, because I didn't want to help the town come up with a good plan. I don't think either of those two have posted in the thread yet, and that's pretty strange.

(this is a pseudo-vote, and I recommend others to do the same for tracking purposes without accidentally lynching somebody we don't want to today)
FOV: Qman
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Spambot »

Y wrote:I did a little check, and it appears that you did post before (This one is the third).

One of the posts has almost no relevant content. It talks about counter-claiming the power roles and criticizes the way people "Random Vote", which is the way they do in all games, so it's pointless.
The other one is the one where you said that the setup can be abused if we do the "Lynch the cop first thing" plan.

So, aren't you contradicting yourself a bit?
Premise: "One of the posts has almost no relevant content. It talks about counter-claiming the power roles and criticizes the way people "Random Vote:, which is the way they do in all game, so it's pointless." (opinion, can not be proven true.)

Premise: "The other is the one where you said that the setup can be abused if we do the "Lynch the cop first thing" plan."

Presumed premise: "You said that people not contributing are scummy."

Conclusion: "Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit?" (Or, as I'm reading it, "don't you fit your own definition of scummy?")

As I noted, the first premise is an opinion, and not something that can be proven or used as logic to support a conclusion. The second is a statement, and doesn't appear to be trying to approve anything at all.

I notice you leave out discussing if the content of my most recent post is any good, which I see as a great oversight when your criticizing my overall participation in the game.

Also, the conclusion is a fallacy. Ad Hominem Tu Quoque ("you too fallacy"), claiming that my argument is wrong by saying "you do it too, so it must be false" without addressing any of the actual points.

That post wasn't perfectly clear, so I'm interpreting it in the best way I can. If I'm accusing you of saying something you didn't, tell me so and I'll reevaluate.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote: So here's an idea. There are only 3 scum + 1 scummy spiritualist.
Wait, what? How do you know that?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote:The Mafia PM from page 1.
Mod wrote:Mafia PM wrote:
You are mafia with X & Y. You can only kill when one of you is dead. During night you may talk among yourselves.
You win when all townies are dead or that is unstopable

Z is also a spiritual channeler if he is alive all dead people can talk and vote during day.
Fair enough, then. That did seem far too easy to be a slip.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Spambot »

Just because we're waiting on replacements doesn't mean we can't talk about stuff.

DG hasn't made a single post since confirming, so my FOS that was on Qman stays.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Spambot »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Wow... Do we REALLLLLY think this is going to work? Mafiosos will really claim mafia? I've seen it happen once in real life mafia and it was a huge mistake... as in, they didn't realize they'd claimed mafia...

But just so we can get on with this....

I claim Vanilla Townie ie, normal regular townsperson who wins with the mafia is dead and the afterlife connections are cut.
So, you wanted to think about the setup before posting, but you didn't want to read the thread?

Also, you say that you think claiming might be a bad idea, but then you go ahead and do it anyway.

I think there's a good chance that you're scum.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Spambot »

EBWOP: My FOS on QMan was kind of random, but it looks like it turned out interestingly. :) [/b]
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Spambot »

I thought about waiting to see what some more people claim, but I don't think it'll make too much of a difference.

I'm the doc.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Spambot »

kabenon007 wrote:and spambot, why would waiting to see what other people claim have any difference on your claim at all? Wouldn't your claim remain the same?
Well, I was thinking that it might be better to force scum into fakeclaiming doctor first, but then I realized that they would probably try to counterclaim me, and that would be awesome because then we would have caught one scum for certain. It was an issue of timing.

Now though, either the scum don't counterclaim and we can lynch me and have a townie deciding that stuff, or we catch one scum for certain. That seems pretty win-win to me, so I decided it didn't matter if I waited.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Spambot »

RandomActs wrote:
Spambot wrote:I thought about waiting to see what some more people claim, but I don't think it'll make too much of a difference.

I'm the doc.
Interesting. My PM says I'm the doc. I advise everyone
not
to lynch Spambot today.
Hahaha, that's awesome. Yeah, don't lynch either of us today. This guy is scum, one of the "cops" is scum, and DG is probably the last.

This post is so hilarious to me. I mean, [with a dignified accent]- "I advise everyone to BOLD NOT /BOLD lynch this imposter!" Like, you have to be wearing a monocle to say stuff like that, right?

Like, you had to do that or you might as well concede the game, but I hope you're happy that I already know who you are. I'll gladly get sent on or whatever to prove it.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Spambot »

Draux wrote:Huh? We found two Scum already? :shock:

I'm not sure what the Mafia were thinking, double-claiming both power roles. They know that neither of those four who have claimed power roles will be Lynched today, so they were probably trying to avoid a power role being Lynched first. The chance that we Lynch a Townie today instead of the one remaining Scum is very high. In my opinion, this was a misplay on the Mafia's part. I think it might pay to try fish out the remaining Scum and interrogate the claimed power roles before we decide on a Lynch. We have yet to hear from Coron/his replacement anyway.
No, dude, they had to do that. If they don't, cop gets lynched and then they lose a huge edge. I disagree with them counterclaiming me, but I'll take it if the scum want to throw themselves into the noose later. In the long run, it doesn't matter which of us is scum because we should kill all of us. As it is right now, I'm not going to be able to protect people and the cop won't get investigations, since we're not going to be lynched yet. They've basically traded themselves for semi-permanent roleblocks. It's certainly arguable whether it was the best play, but they didn't have time to discuss it.

You are either being kind of crafty and telling your buddies in the thread they are playing bad or you are town, judging from this post. I think DG is the most likely last scum, but we should lynch the person we think is likeliest town.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Spambot »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Setael seems to like to convict people of not having read the thread. That's what mafia was. I did read the thread, doesn't mean I completely understand how this game is going to play out. Hell, if you DO completely understand how it's going to play out, that could be considered fishy.

I claimed even when I didn't understand the point because if I don't claim, I look scummy.

death_oman: I am wondering why I didn't show up on your list of claims.... As I did indeed claim.
So, you're admitting that you did something because you didn't want to look scummy? The only people that have the motivation of wanting to not look scummy are scum and terrible townies.

Also, you guys are being silly. It doesn't really matter which of us is lying or not, because we should just kill both of us after today. I'm absolutely ecstatic to trade myself one-for-one with scum. You guys are probably going to argue that the cop shouldn't, but I think that's a fine trade too. The neutrals really have our best interests in mind, and it's not like we want to lynch them. Their only real danger of losing the game is if the mafia kills them. All we have to do today is lynch the towniest person and we probably win. The only thing that's left is finding presumably the last scum.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Spambot »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:
Spambot wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Setael seems to like to convict people of not having read the thread. That's what mafia was. I did read the thread, doesn't mean I completely understand how this game is going to play out. Hell, if you DO completely understand how it's going to play out, that could be considered fishy.

I claimed even when I didn't understand the point because if I don't claim, I look scummy.

death_oman: I am wondering why I didn't show up on your list of claims.... As I did indeed claim.
So, you're admitting that you did something because you didn't want to look scummy? The only people that have the motivation of wanting to not look scummy are scum and terrible townies.
[i/]

Also, you guys are being silly. It doesn't really matter which of us is lying or not, because we should just kill both of us after today. I'm absolutely ecstatic to trade myself one-for-one with scum. You guys are probably going to argue that the cop shouldn't, but I think that's a fine trade too. The neutrals really have our best interests in mind, and it's not like we want to lynch them. Their only real danger of losing the game is if the mafia kills them. All we have to do today is lynch the towniest person and we probably win. The only thing that's left is finding presumably the last scum.
Yeah... SO not true. No one wants to look scummy. Because then they die. And dying: less than fun. Then you don't get to play. Not playing is also less than fun.
Actually, good townie play is to not give a shit how you look and try and catch scum. I can buy that you don't know that, though.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Spambot »

Right now I'm leaning towards thinking that DG is just making silly mistakes and that Y is the actual scum here.

I'd like EVERYONE to list who they think is scummier between the people counterclaiming each other and why. Not doing so would be exceptionally anti-town.

I think that Kabenon is the real cop, based on the way Kilroy acted during the claim, but that's not very strong and I'm still thinking about it.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Spambot »

Y wrote: I also get scummier feeling from Spambot, who was trying to accuse people for dumb reasons in his early posts.
Back that up or stfu.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael, I've played with DG before, and not reading the thread isn't scummy. Scum want to read the thread just as much as anybody else, because posts like the one she made get attacked a lot. It's a lazy tell, but unfortunately townies and scum can be lazy.

I think Y is the last scum. I'm perfectly happy to be lynched tomorrow and then removed from the game (assuming you guys will see alignment then). We don't need a cop, we don't need me. Lynch all four of us, and send all four of us on. Then you guys can lynch Y and win. I think that Setael is town, Night Light is town, and DG is probably just playing like a newbie (which is how she played in the other game). Keep an eye on her, but the last scum is very likely to be Y or a lurker (maybe coron?). If the reading of the scum PM means that there are 4 mafia, then this changes stuff.

Hardly nobody is doing what I asked, choosing who among the counterclaimers is the scum, and you guys suck for that. The point is to get it on record so it's easier to find the last scum, but if the townies aren't going to do it then there's no point.

I say we lynch Setael and then all four of us who have claimed power roles, and just send us all on unless we get lucky and lynch the scum first. We might as well make it random, as clearly people that think I'm scum aren't going to use reason anyway.

Basically, I'm not going to even bother making a case against RA, because it DOESN'T MATTER. If you guys really want to, kill me first and then kill him. DOES. NOT. MATTER. I am perfectly happy to trade myself for scum, because we shouldn't even give the scum a chance to kill anybody. Just send everybody on, screw power roles. If we get lucky, either me or the cop will still be alive after we've killed the two scum here, at which point we just win. If it's me, we've got a 8 to 1 advantage and losing there with no nightkills might as well be impossible. If it's the cop, lynch him and then he can investigate anybody.

Seriously, this game is already over, we just have to lynch a townie today.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Spambot »

Dammit, I misunderstood about getting sent to the afterlife. I thought that was something that happened right away. Alright, I guess it makes sense that the setup isn't as breakable as it seemed.

The reason I think Setael isn't scum is because of his confusion over the number of scum. Saying there was four and then realizing he might have been wrong when somebody pointed it out was a big town tell, I think. I mean, the scum know how many of them there are, and it's usually three in a game of this size. Either he pulled a really tricky gambit or he misread the scum pm posted in the first post. Alternatively, there are four scum and he didn't realize the pm was slightly ambiguous. He might be neutral, but I'm very confident that he isn't the last scum.

I mean, I could say that about 7 out of 8 and people and be right. It's not like we have bad odds of lynching town. I don't know how many neutrals they are, but I don't think there's anything we can do about that (other than them throwing a fit if we try to lynch them).
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Spambot »

I think Draux is probably neutral.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Spambot »

death_omen wrote:
Spambot wrote: Seriously, this game is already over, we just have to lynch a townie today.
Wow thats a nice thought.

1. Calling it over when it has barely started is a really bad thought and does not leave you in my good books.
2. Why just a simple townie lynch the cop?

FOS:Spambot
Haha, what?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Spambot »

Yeah, what Setael said was basically the same conclusion I came to. We seemed in agreement on lynching a townie today, and it seemed like you were trying to divert attention from that pool of players (which included you). The neutrals absolutely don't want to get lynched, so it seemed like a pretty good guess.

Anyway, to me your plan makes some amount of sense, but really all it means is that we aren't completely screwed if we lynch scum today. I don't think it's something to really try for.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Spambot »

Man, now that DG is lurking I'm feeling suspicious of her again. Could you post thoughts on people or who you think we should lynch today?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Spambot »

Yeah, I think that we've talked enough. I would support a lynch on Setael or Night Light, but not necessarily Draux. I wouldn't be completely opposed to it, but I'm more confident about the other two. I really hope I'm not wrong.

Vote: Setael
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Spambot »

Agreed. Kabenon and Kilroy need to make cases against each other and then we should decide which one to lynch.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Spambot »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:I have made a case against Kabenon. I've said what I have to say, and I said I wouldn't argue whether or not I'm the cop
with him
(something he neglected to mention).

Basically, a summation of my points would be his interaction with spambot (who I am also convinced is the scum, though obviously not as assuredly,) his Straw-Man attacks, because he disappeared when the heat was on, and because it says in my PM that I'm the Cop, though really I'm the only one who can validate that one.

Thus, I should be lynched. Or the guy who counter-claimed spambot, though I suppose that's not as pressing, yeah?
What the hell? If you're really the cop, why aren't you willing to argue with him to prove it? Like, you should be trying really hard to convince us, but this is kind of lame. Also, two of your reasons are logical fallacies. The first, that you are calling us scumbuddies, which requires you to make a case against me first. The second, we can't read your PM. Shut up about your stupid PM, that does nothing to convince anybody, and it sounds like you just want to shout "I'm the cop! I'm the cop!" over and over again and hope that's enough. Also, link to these straw man attacks please.

Why are you almost as confident about me lying as you are your own townieness?

As a side note, I find it hilarious that RandomActs has completely vanished. I can't blame him though, I wouldn't want to try and fight with me either.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Spambot »

Draux wrote:The thing is, whichever of the two is the real Cop knows for certain that the other one is Scum. I'm not exactly sure what we're hoping to achieve by getting these two to "make a case" against each other, since it's already clear between themselves which one is Scum. Technically, that's all the proof the real Cop needs to convict the other claimer as Scum. But they can't exactly convince us that the other is Scum by using "I know because I'm the Cop" as a reason. "Making a case" against each other isn't as useful as it sounds, as there may not even be a case at all. Instead of getting them to make back-and-forth accusations against each other, I propose that we use the good old Scumhunting technique on them ourselves. We should pressure Kabenon and Kilroy into answering questions (or something like that), and hope that the Scum cracks along the way. Maybe getting the claimed Docs involved is also a possibility. Good idea?
This post makes me feel pretty good about you, but it's missing the point somewhat. I want the two of them to pressure each other, because scum do scummy stuff. Since one of them knows the other is scum, they should be able to find the scummy posts more easily.

Right now, I'm favoring Kabenon being the real cop. Kabenon hasn't done much to inspire confidence, but Kilroy has been pretty awful. He might really just be awful, though.

I'd be pushing to get myself lynched today, but we don't really need me protecting people unless we have a dead scum. No matter what, I want to be lynched within a day of RandomActs.

Actually, wait a second. Don't we have a 50/50 shot of winning the game right now? If we lynch the cop, then he just investigates until we find all the scum. If we lynch scum-cop, then he can't kill or we'll send him on. He'll be forced to fake results, and then we can send him on and find out if he was telling the truth or not. We can do the same thing even if it's the real cop.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Spambot »

EBWOP: Unless we find out alignment on lynch. I'm still not clear on some of the rules.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Spambot »

MOD:
When you listed Setael as a townie, is it possible you were lying? I base a lot of decisions on assuming the mod never directly lies, and that would be. I believe Setael is townie, but that would be pretty lame if we get lied to.

Kabenon actually tried to make a case against Kilroy, and the latters posts have been rubbing me very wrongly since the beginning of the game. Another part of my reasoning is the way RandomActs has acted towards them, but obviously that isn't going to convince any of you.

It kind of bothers me that they both didn't start the day off by voting for themselves. That's what I would have done as either. Neither of them did, though, so it must not mean anything.

Vote: Kabenon
[/b]
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Spambot »

I'm 95% positive you're town, but saying you are townie in the lynch scene just seems pointless. At that point it'd be better to just not give any alignment.

I've stated over and over again that I'm not clear on most of the rules, and I don't really get the point of some of them or how they work.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Spambot »

I think the last scum is most likely Y. It bothers me that he's voting for Kabenon, but I'm not going to change my mind based on that. Maybe I'm wrong about either one or maybe Y is just trying to look townie so he can stay alive longer. I'm really not sure.

Basically, anybody that shows up as vanilla on the lynch scene should just be sent on, to be safe.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Spambot »

Y wrote:
Spambot wrote:I think the last scum is most likely Y. It bothers me that he's voting for Kabenon, but I'm not going to change my mind based on that. Maybe I'm wrong about either one or maybe Y is just trying to look townie so he can stay alive longer. I'm really not sure.
I can say the exact same thing about you...
So? That doesn't change what I was saying.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Spambot »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Okay then. Good luck, Town. It's almost fun, watching you all condemn yourselves to this fate.
Are you taking your ball and going home?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Spambot »

skitzer wrote:
unvote

rather be safe than sorry!

I believe that we should lynch someone who hasn't been very contributive. That way it is more safe.
No. There is only one scum left among the rest of the players, hunting for them right now would be a waste and is absolutely giving the scum their shot at winning.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Spambot »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Unfortunately for you, I'm not trying to cover anything up. Nor am I "taking my ball and going home". I'm just gonna sit back and watch you lynch the wrong cop, and, if I survive the night, be here in the morning to gloat and/or make fun of you all*.

*All, that is, that are voting for Kabenon.
This is the least town attitude ever. If you're the real cop, CONVINCE US. IF YOU ARE, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE US THE GAME BECAUSE YOU AREN'T EVEN TRYING.

I mean, we don't know which of you is the real cop, and you're acting like a cone. How funny are you actually going to find it if we lynch the wrong one? I don't believe at all that you're the real cop, but you sure as hell aren't giving me a reason to.

Again, if you are, the only person that you should be laughing at is yourself for playing so bad.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Spambot »

We should lynch Kabenon to get him to shut up.... Wait, shit.

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think we should be lynching me today and that the town spiritualist should claim. Now, this is from my perspective, and if you guys don't trust me then it can't possibly seem like a good plan to you guys.

However, if I am a ghost and can protect the spiritualist every night, I don't think the scum can win. It looks like the setup was completely open, so there should be no chance of them being able to interfere, and the only way I see us losing now is if the spiritualist dies and then the neutrals/last scum gain control of the lynch.

I haven't worked out the math, so I don't know if it's necessary to do this now, but we only need to keep one townie alive to win.

I think if anything else we try to lynch another scum today, that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3). That cuts down on their number of shots at townies.

It looks like NightLight was town, and who knows how many we have left alive?

Does anybody disagree with my plan here for a reason other than not trusting me? I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with my logic.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote:
Spambot wrote:Alright, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think we should be lynching me today and that the town spiritualist should claim. Now, this is from my perspective, and if you guys don't trust me then it can't possibly seem like a good plan to you guys.

However, if I am a ghost and can protect the spiritualist every night, I don't think the scum can win. It looks like the setup was completely open, so there should be no chance of them being able to interfere, and the only way I see us losing now is if the spiritualist dies and then the neutrals/last scum gain control of the lynch.

I haven't worked out the math, so I don't know if it's necessary to do this now, but we only need to keep one townie alive to win.

I think if anything else we try to lynch another scum today, that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3). That cuts down on their number of shots at townies.

It looks like NightLight was town, and who knows how many we have left alive?

Does anybody disagree with my plan here for a reason other than not trusting me? I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with my logic.
Spambot has a point. If mafia accidentally or on purpose NK the Town spiritualist tonight then we have a problem. If that were to happen, we would not want to lynch the real cop after all because it would do us no good - all ties to the afterlife would be cut off and he would not be able to make any investigations.

The worst thing that could happen is Spambot comes up vanilla (meaning he is scum) and they are able to make another NK while we are unable to make an investigation. Anyone think this is Spambot's goal? It also seemed like he may have been trying to trick the Town spiritualist into claiming before he is lynched. He should have told the Town spiritualist to NOT claim until after he comes up doc.

@the Town spiritualist: DO NOT CLAIM until after Spambot is lynched and comes up doc. If he comes up vanilla, he is lying to us and you will not want to claim because you will be vulnerable to scum NKs.

I'm torn. I can see scum being more likely to come up with this plan than the real doc, actually, since it prevents us from investigating someone tonight. Also, Spambot's play has been a lot like kabenon's was - very active and helpful and town friendly, and then kabenon came up scum. I need to reread them both, but I'm wondering if RandomActs is the real doc.

I'm also wondering about this:
Spambot wrote:that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3)
Has Max told us this? My understanding was that once one scum dies, they are able to start making NKs and can for the rest of the game. Did anyone else assume it works the way Spambot said, or is it possible Spambot knows this because he is scum?

Mod: Can scum only make NKs if one of them has been lynched, but has not yet moved on to the afterlife? Or now that one has been lynched, are they able to make NKs every night from now on regardless?
I was actually kind of saying that the spiritualist might want to claim today if we lynch me, because otherwise the scum get a free shot at them. I realize this plan requires a ton of faith in you guys believing me, but I KNOW it's the right play. If you need me to try and convince you that RandomActs is lying, then just look at how he's been playing. He's been lurking very hard for the past couple days, and he hasn't even checked in today, I don't think. The way he jumped on Kabenon near the end despite "Spambot voting for him too" stinks as hell now.

Regarding the scum nightkills, that was a flavor assumption on my part. I don't know if I read that anywhere, but I just assumed that if there was no ghost scum, who would be carrying out the kills?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote:
Spambot wrote:I was actually kind of saying that the spiritualist might want to claim today if we lynch me, because otherwise the scum get a free shot at them. I realize this plan requires a ton of faith in you guys believing me, but I KNOW it's the right play. If you need me to try and convince you that RandomActs is lying, then just look at how he's been playing. He's been lurking very hard for the past couple days, and he hasn't even checked in today, I don't think. The way he jumped on Kabenon near the end despite "Spambot voting for him too" stinks as hell now.

Regarding the scum nightkills, that was a flavor assumption on my part. I don't know if I read that anywhere, but I just assumed that if there was no ghost scum, who would be carrying out the kills?
I would like to reiterate to the Town Spiritualist -
DO NOT CLAIM.
This post of Spambot's made me very suspicious that he is the scum. He seems to be trying to get the Town Spiritualist to claim so they can NK him. If he doesn't claim, the odds are very low scum will hit him tonight. However, if he claims and Spambot happens to be scum, the Town Spiritualist gets NK'd and scum then have full control over when ties to the afterlife are cut off because they know who the scum spiritualist is. Spambot's plan seems really scummy. IGMEOY.
It is also a good plan because it means that the scum have zero chance of hitting the spiritualist. Do you really think I'd come up with such a ballsy plan as scum? I mean, I've been saying all along that it's a terrible plan for you guys if you don't feel like you trust that I'm the real doc, and I'm not trying to make anybody follow it. I'm just pointing that the only way we lose is if the spiritualist dies and I don't want that to happen.

I guess a compromise is to lynch me now and then when I come up as the doc they spiritualist can claim tomorrow. It's a small chance that the scum will kill them, but from my point of view it's an unnecessary risk.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Spambot »

You're not even trying to look at this from a townie perspective. I've been here posting and trying all game, and RandomActs has done crap.

Are we agreed that we want to either lynch the doc or scum today? Then take your pick, either way it's win-win from your perspective. Either I'm scum and you got me, or I'm the doc and the spiritualist can claim tomorrow.

Vote: Spambot
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Spambot »

Once again, I'm going to lay this out because people aren't getting it. If the scum kill the spiritualist tonight, then we have tomorrow comprised of the following (assuming we lynch kilroy now).

7 total broke down into
1 scum
Anywhere from 1-3 Neutrals
3-5 Townies left

Actually, now there's a point I'm confused on. To win, do we have to just lynch the scum or do they all have to move on?
Mod?
If we don't have to move them all on first, then this isn't a terrible situation. For some reason I was under the impression that this was the case.

Either way, I think the best play is to lynch either myself or RandomActs.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Spambot »

MOD:
Is this or isn't this game an open setup? There've been a lot of questions that have gone unanswered.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by Spambot »

I wish to be replaced. People decided I was scum based on my good plan and now I don't feel motivated to post in this thread anymore.

Also, in before "lolz he is scumz and just mad his plan dinnit work!" and then me going "no u".

<_<
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Spambot »

Y wrote:What?

"I had a plan, you didn't like it. I don't wanna play with you anymore".
Scum.

I've been looked at as scum too (And probably still). That's the game.
no u :x:

Seriously, I'm not responding to anything else. Two scum outted themselves on day and the last won't be hard to find, this is just going through the motions. It's boring, and you guys outright refused to win the game yesterday. I don't care anymore.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”