Open 615 - Hope Plus One [Game Over: Town wins]

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

UNVOTE:
Because I like where this is going but I'll need to check back to see if I actually agree.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Kop »

In post 524, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
In post 522, Kop wrote:UNVOTE: BBMolla

I think the best course of action regarding him, is that he proves his soft claim over night. If he can't prove anything come day three, then I'd highly consider lynching him then, simply because he lied about what he said, and that there is a higher chance that he might be scum because of that.

How would he do that.

Now @Kop all the reasons you're wrong. I'm aloud to think you're scummy, and think voting you is a good idea while disliking the votes placed on you. As I pointed out, they were bad votes, however I prefer the votes placed on you today. I unvoted this time for a different reason, it has something to do with the fact I like your interaction with BB.

I did have a follow up to vote analysis hence why I went after Rave Bird at the end of day 1.

Now for why I voted you today, and unvoted you. I didn't want to out people, but since the conversation with them is going nowhere, I need to explain myself, and I'm certain one is scum, I have to. Both Skybird and BBMolla soft claimed cop. The reason I think Rave Bird, Kop, and Molla are a scum team is because they were the only people (besides Dictator or SKybird) to comment on the soft claims. Skybird also commented on BB's claim, but called him scum for it, because Skybird had already soft claimed cop, so it's a great reaction, however Kop and Rave seem to disagree and took BB's side. This instant jump to his defence, especially when it didn't make sense, is why I think you're a scum team. Being V/LA right now I still haven't had a chance to ISO, it would help if someone could for me.

So I voted you because you were the first to defend BB and call Skybird's vote scummy. I didn't vote BB because I didn't want to out Skybird, so you were the second best option.

Now I unvoted because you did eventually turn on BB, forcing him to fully claim or back down, this was a move I liked and made it extremely unlikely you are his partner.

So now why didn't you vote me?
VOTE: BBmolla

How he would do that is the fact that tomorrow, if we didn't lynch him, he would have to give us results, and if he isn't nightkilled either the doctor protected him, or he is lying. Now I didn't see Skybird soft claim cop, so I had no knowledge that she did that so I hold my hands up on that mistake.

I still haven't fully given up on BBMollas claim, and I still stand by the fact that he could be lying, and in fact, the more and more I've thought about it, I think he is the best lynch for today, because if he is the cop, then he is defied all logic in the manner has gone about it, but the confidence in me believing he is the cop, isn't high.

The reason I didn't vote for you, I don't actually believe your scum, I was wondering what stance you had in regards to myself, and my wagon. I didn't see any consistencies in how you went about your votes, and how you positioned yourself on my wagon. It seemed that you were committed to my wagon, but you couldn't get into where you wanted to be, personally.

VOTE: BBMolla

I over thought about the idea of letting him prove his claim, isn't the best way to go, simply because if he is scum, we're allowing him an extra night to live.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:52 am

Post by davesaz »

My approach to all softs in this setup is to act on them quietly while not focusing any attention on them. That seems to me to be the best play for town.
Best way to play the cop is to weakly defend innos (soft them only when necessary) and hard claim guilties.

I want to see BBMolla's response.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Looking at how the Kop wagon died, I think that and are decently towny, and I think is also town for some reason.

I still don't think Sky is very towny but I'm willing to give her a chance because there's a pretty good chance that my push on her is playstyle-based

In post 524, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:The reason I think Rave Bird, Kop, and Molla are a scum team is because they were the only people (besides Dictator or SKybird) to comment on the soft claims.

I doubt this

I'm gonna decide on a vote later. UNVOTE:
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Kop »

In post 527, davesaz wrote:My approach to all softs in this setup is to act on them quietly while not focusing any attention on them. That seems to me to be the best play for town.
Best way to play the cop is to weakly defend innos (soft them only when necessary) and hard claim guilties.

This. I've always acted quietly when I've been drawn a cop role, If I find an innocent, I try to get a connection with them to which I can refer back to later on in the game, if and when necessary. And if I find a guilty, I fully claim to get them lynched, if I can get them lynched without myself being outed, then that is much better. That's the best way to play it, BBMolla, just soft claimed when there was no real need too, I looked back and I only saw his name mentioned once, and I don't think it was even a vote, so I'm wondering whether he has taken the stance to soft claim and hope that his name is no longer mentioned, I don't know, all I do know is that, this play of his isn't the way to go about things, which makes me doubt his claim.

And now that TMWSTW mentioned about Skybird also soft claiming it, is BB counter claiming Sky?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Kop »

Nah I've gone through Skybirds ISO, it's not counter claiming.

Lets see what BB has to say.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Skybird »

I can think of no logical reason for BB to soft cop as a town person. I even asked him about it and he didn't respond much at all.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:01 am

Post by davesaz »

Agree, if cop can lynch a guilty without claiming that's even better.

TheMan trying to say that Skybird had softed also pings me. You don't point out things like that when town.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Fostering Rave Bird »

In post 513, Wanderer-nl wrote:@FRB: Ok sure Davsto isn't posting here.. I'm not cool with that but I can't exactly pressure him into posting, especially because you are. Anyway, is there anything you guys have talked about that you can share with us?

Dav has told me he is quite busy with final exams and papers and thats why he isn't as active. I am sure he will be more active soon, until then I will lead this hydra, and probably after because I have a dominant personality :P
Hydra of Davsto and some other guy who's less important.
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:42 am

^ Fire.
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:43 am

In post 526, Kop wrote:

How he would do that is the fact that tomorrow, if we didn't lynch him, he would have to give us results, and if he isn't nightkilled either the doctor protected him, or he is lying. Now I didn't see Skybird soft claim cop, so I had no knowledge that she did that so I hold my hands up on that mistake.

I still haven't fully given up on BBMollas claim, and I still stand by the fact that he could be lying, and in fact, the more and more I've thought about it, I think he is the best lynch for today, because if he is the cop, then he is defied all logic in the manner has gone about it, but the confidence in me believing he is the cop, isn't high.

The reason I didn't vote for you, I don't actually believe your scum, I was wondering what stance you had in regards to myself, and my wagon. I didn't see any consistencies in how you went about your votes, and how you positioned yourself on my wagon. It seemed that you were committed to my wagon, but you couldn't get into where you wanted to be, personally.

VOTE: BBMolla

I over thought about the idea of letting him prove his claim, isn't the best way to go, simply because if he is scum, we're allowing him an extra night to live.

I don't like this post at all. You have been role fishing BBMOlla for days, and BB is one of my strongest town reads.

-Fire
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:44 am

In post 532, davesaz wrote:Agree, if cop can lynch a guilty without claiming that's even better.

TheMan trying to say that Skybird had softed also pings me. You don't point out things like that when town.

Why do you always give me bad vibes Davesaz?

Like serious, every god dam game.

-Fire
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 531, Skybird wrote:I can think of no logical reason for BB to soft cop as a town person. I even asked him about it and he didn't respond much at all.

I find it to be suboptimal strategy for scum to soft cop as well. Really unlikely that bb would do such a thing as scum in my opinion

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

In post 532, davesaz wrote:Agree, if cop can lynch a guilty without claiming that's even better.

Really? Did you not see the part where I didn't have much of a choice? My whole argument against BB basically falls apart without being able to point out the soft claims.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

In post 537, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 531, Skybird wrote:I can think of no logical reason for BB to soft cop as a town person. I even asked him about it and he didn't respond much at all.

I find it to be suboptimal strategy for scum to soft cop as well. Really unlikely that bb would do such a thing as scum in my opinion

It isn't if soft claiming is scummy or not, it's that both Skybird and BB soft claimed the same role, meaning one is scum.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

This is super semantic but the way that you say that TheMan pointing that out "pings you" is odd to me.
Why aren't you more confident in a TheMan read when you say town doesn't point things like that out?

--implosion
provided
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:24 pm

In post 539, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:It isn't if soft claiming is scummy or not, it's that both Skybird and BB soft claimed the same role, meaning one is scum.

Or they both could be town with one player fake softing to direct a nk.

I kinda doubt that, Skybird is most likely scum if one of them is though.

-Fire
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:25 pm

In post 537, Errantparabola wrote:I find it to be suboptimal strategy for scum to soft cop as well. Really unlikely that bb would do such a thing as scum in my opinion

Errant is pinging me as hyper competent and I think thats the scum tell from them.

Not trying to be insulting, but I have seen you play as derpish town, and this doesn't seem like it.

-Fire
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 542, Fostering Rave Bird wrote:
In post 537, Errantparabola wrote:I find it to be suboptimal strategy for scum to soft cop as well. Really unlikely that bb would do such a thing as scum in my opinion

Errant is pinging me as hyper competent and I think thats the scum tell from them.

Not trying to be insulting, but I have seen you play as derpish town, and this doesn't seem like it.

-Fire

Idk if this is talking about ongoing games, but those were different circumstances where I didn't have enough information to go off of.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

And I am consciously trying to improve my town game. If you don't want to believe that, fine by me

--implosion
provided
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:34 pm

I don't take every game as the same, I do try to note differences in style from game to game, and see if theres any reason for it.

I can believe you are trying to improve it, I just find it odd we are aligned in thought.

-Fire

Also I was more talking about the game I hosted, but in that you were also much less active.
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Also can we get a VC? No posts in 2 days, and I think some people might need prods.
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Both Kim and Creative haven't posted in over 48 hours, they both need one.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Skybird »

FRB, why is BB one of your strongest town reads? He's really not done much of anything yet.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 527, davesaz wrote:My approach to all softs in this setup is to act on them quietly while not focusing any attention on them. That seems to me to be the best play for town.

hey look someone who isn't a fucktard
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!

Return to “Completed Open Games”