Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #7

theopor_COD[3](Oman, vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](curiouskarmadog, ac1983fan)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[5](pwayne66, Flameaxe, Rump-Wat, Trojan Horse, theopor_COD)

It's true. I meant 6, not 5. Oman would obviously count himself :P That's where the 8 came from, anyways. :P
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:56 am

I mean...>_>

*runs*
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:15 am

Post by theopor_COD »

First off can everyone attempt when quoting other players to leave the person's name in the quote, it's hard for me to decipher who's speaking and also try not to mess the quote tags up, that messes with my head aswell. Preview works well. Thx.

Pwayne - it seems your a more defensive player than most, I wasn't attempting to misrepresent you but I felt whilst reading chronologically that you wanted to dissuade us from using pressure votes and applying usual tactics. I think it's more of a mis-understanding. I will say I've got myself into a slight pickle because of it, at least it generated discussion.

I've no real opinion on Tyhess' vote, it just strikes me as an easy place to lay his hat, not neccessarily scummy. I find ac1983's vote more scummy - yep he's defending me, but I feel in a way the wagon is valid, so I'm surprised ac1983 thinks its crap. Obviously I know it's crap but other players don't so it's a surprising comment, one that makes me think he's trying to buddy up to me and appear good if/when I die.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess wrote: FOS:Oman for started the theo case
(which is crap)
and this:
Three words in brackets is hardly an argument. Could you elaborate on what you think is "crap" about suspicion of Theo?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:18 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm pretty sure ac1983 posted that not Tyhess.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 am

Post by vollkan »

Oops...You're right.
Attention:
The Tyhess quote in the above is by ac1983, not Tyhess.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by tyhess »

Volkawagon your putting word in my mouth your scum too jsut like the people that can't count!!!!!!!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Oman »

tyhess wrote:I would think that the cultist would rather be looking for vanilla townies as much as he's looking for the scum.
Vanillia townies don't really need to be rooted out, they can be found through playstyle 90% of the time.
CKD wrote:I do agree that the cult leader is most likely acting townish (or lurkish) Day 1.
Exactly, rather like a powerrole was my point. And I don't want to do anything that will get a potential powerrole lynched D1.
ac1983fan wrote:FOS:Oman for started the theo case (which is crap) and this:
Tell me why its crap, I voted theo for starting a crap case, and now I'm being fosed for that being a crap case. Tell me, who is scummier than theo right now?
ac1983fan wrote:Don't try to differentiate from scum and cult. It's pointless, at least at this point.
Thats rediculous! They would have different playstyles, we'd just discussed this! You're nuts if you think scum and cult have the same playstyle D1.
MoS wrote:nope, you didn't miss anything. Of course there's only
6 people in a 12-person game! Everyone knows that. No worries.
Well, thats just silly, I'm not going to catergorise people I can't read. Hell I had to put CKD in two of them (though they were town/cult who we've just discussed have similar...blah blah blah)
Theo wrote:I find ac1983's vote
more
scummy - yep he's defending me, but I feel in a way the wagon is valid, so I'm surprised ac1983 thinks its crap.
Removal mine
I agree with this entirely. ac1983 has found a wagon that was buiilding to develop pressure and simply went against it with no reasoning. I'd love to follow through with theo right now, but atm, ac1983fan is my next target.

I want to know whats wrong with this theo case?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Hai2u, I'm checking in cause I haven't been able to post for a while. Gonna re-read a bit later. Expect some postishness in the near future.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Oman »

[baited breath] I await [/baited breath]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess wrote: Volkawagon your putting word in my mouth your scum too jsut like the people that can't count!!!!!!!
I really hope you aren't being serious...
Oman wrote: Tell me why its crap, I voted theo for starting a crap case, and now I'm being fosed for that being a crap case. Tell me, who is scummier than theo right now?
If he thinks the Theo case is crap, then he doesn't need to point to somebody more suspicious, he just needs to argue that the case itself is flawed.

Also, MoS, do you have anything to say at all about this game (in which quite a lot is happening) other than one line remarks about the number of people here?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Oman »

No to me he needs to point to someone more suspicious. What he's basically saying is that this bandwagon is invalid. If this one is invalid, then he needs to propose a better one lest the town stalls.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: No to me he needs to point to someone more suspicious. What he's basically saying is that this bandwagon is invalid. If this one is invalid, then he needs to propose a better one lest the town stalls.
No he doesn't. If I were to vote X on the basis of me not liking his avatar and you were to, rightly, call me out for that being a stupid vote reason there would be no onus on you to prove someone else was scummier than X.

It is more helpful to give an alternative, but it is not necessary.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Some quick thoughts, while I (surprisingly) have a few minutes to spare:

1. So far, tyhess has been on all of the major bandwagons except his own. Combine that with the fuss over not being able to edit his posts (which we aren't allowed to do), and tyhess has been acting like a major newb so far. Is that enough evidence, though, to lynch him? Unsure, but I know I'd really be kicking myself if I let him go and he turns out to be scum.

2. From what I gather, the earlier bandwagon on Dr. Blackstrike was simply due to his bad comment about strategy, and he hasn't done anything since to warrant an attack. As for Flameaxe, I still don't think there was much of a case against him either (don't repeat the arguments, vollkan; I read them already).

ac1983fan wrote:
vote:tyhess

He was acting scummy a few pages back, then he comes in and slaps a badwagon vote on theo, which is a crap wagon.
FOS:Oman
for started the theo case (which is crap) and this:
Scum-looking list includes: Flameaxe and Theo

Cult-looking list includes: CKD and tyhess (of course, it can only be one).
Don't try to differentiate from scum and cult. It's pointless, at least at this point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a scumtell to vote one person and simultaneously FOS another? 'Cause it could be a setup for two wrong lynches in a row? :)

RRR. I gotta go with my gut at this point.
Vote: tyhess

If there's anything else you want me to respond to, let me know. For now, it's back to the grindstone...
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Re - ac1983fan. Put simply he needs to explain why he thinks the case on me is crap. I'd guess by the fact he's voting Tyhess he finds him scummier, hence he just needs to explain his thoughts on the Theo wagon.

My first thoughts as I stated before was that he's possibly scum buddying up to a townie under some scrutiny/votes. I obviously know I'm town but he cannot (no cop investigation what not) . . . so yeh he needs to share why the case is crap and why he feels the need to defend me so vigourously. After all I'm bigger enough and ugly to defend myself.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Oman »

Vollkan wrote:If I were to vote X on the basis of me not liking his avatar and you were to, rightly, call me out for that being a stupid vote reason there would be no onus on you to prove someone else was scummier than X.
A good point, though would you relaly feel the wagon is valid based on avatar?
Trojan wrote:'Cause it could be a setup for two wrong lynches in a row
Its more a setup if the FoS is their scumbuddy and the Vote is a townie. Thats not applicable here btw.

I would like to know your stance on theo trojan. I happy to wait while you formulate it, but eventually i'd like to hear it. Thanks.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Took another look at theo's posts. I still don't like his case (and subsequent vote) against pwayne in that one long post. Thing is, the rest of his arguments seem reasonable. If he had ranked pwayne a little lower, I probably wouldn't have thought theo was scummy at all. But that one faulty argument caught my attention.

Basically, theo is in the "slightly scummy" camp, as far as I'm concerned. Not scummy enough for a vote yet.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by tyhess »

TRYING TO EDIT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO DELETE A POST. Just so everyone know that and stops saying I'm scum for trying to edit my post.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by vollkan »

tyhess wrote: TRYING TO EDIT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO DELETE A POST. Just so everyone know that and stops saying I'm scum for trying to edit my post.
Over-reaction much? I don't think anyone has said you are scum for wanting to edit.
Trojan wrote: Combine that with the fuss over not being able to edit his posts (which we aren't allowed to do), and tyhess has been acting like a
major newb
so far
Newb..not scum.

Guilty conscience perhaps?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Oman »

A few people have referenced the edit fiasco, which I would not be able to differentiate between town and scum for that.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:06 pm

theopor and flameaxe seem protown. We should place pressure on CKD.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by Oman »

MoS, can you explain why you think EITHER to be protown. I feel that Both Flameaxe and Theo are anti-town. I feel CKD to be protown.

Please explain.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vollkan wrote:
Trojan wrote: Combine that with the fuss over not being able to edit his posts (which we aren't allowed to do), and tyhess has been acting like a
major newb
so far
Newb..not scum.

I am beginning to see your point. However, newbies can always be newbie scum. Going to down grade however,

Unvote tyhess
FoS tyhess.

He could be a newbie...
Tyhess, can you see how you look slightly guilty jumping on the bandwagon of the hour?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:theopor and flameaxe seem protown. We should place pressure on CKD.
well, maybe you should start, please provide more than just a line of “content”. I know I am provoking you to “pressure” me but if it gets you talking it will be helpful for everyone. I have seen you provide great break downs, analysis, and insight why are you not doing so now?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 am

Post by tyhess »

Yeah I can see how that would look. That's just my style of play, changing quickly with what I feel is right, but I can see how that looks scummy.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote:
Vollkan wrote:
major newb
so far
I am beginning to see your point. However, newbies can always be newbie scum. Going to down grade however,
I didn't mean that newbies can't be scum. My point was that Trojan said that tyhess was acting like a "major newb" as though that was a factor legitimately warranting suspicion.

I agree that Tyhess is looking rather like newb scum: bandwagoning opportunistically and showing extreme defensiveness; but I think I want to see a bit more before making a firmer judgment.
FoS: Tyhess
I am interested to see how his reactions change with more slightly more pressure.

Also, I just noticed I had the "guily conscience" thing in the wrong place, if that wasn't obvious. It was meant to be below the Tyhess quote. Not that it is a major point or anything; but it doesn't really make sense where it is now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”