'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ninth Vote Count of Day Two:

GodOfWine - 6 (-TinVision-, Ectomancer, Battle Mage, Sudo_Nym, HackerHuck, Mastermind of Sin)

Sudo_Nym - 3 (Crub, The Central Scrutinizer, VitaminR)
Sir.Laggalot - 2 (Yosarian2, GodOfWine)
dybeck - 1 (Mariyta)
Battle Mage - 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
HackerHuck - 1 (dybeck)

Not voting - 4 (AniX, Sir.Laggalot,
Amb
cicero, Arafax)

With eighteen present, ten votes will lynch.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:59 am

Post by VitaminR »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Unvote, vote: GodofWine

I agree wholeheartedly with HackerHuck. Those quotes deserve explaining. GoW completely contradicts himself, and one of the two posts were complete bullshit (how were the other people more likely scum than The Fonz at that point, who was one of the main villains from the movie?). I will attempt to remember this case :P
I do agree with this and I don't mind a GodofWine lynch, but he's not my first choice at this point.

Welcome to the game, cicero. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

just posting to say that i still need a reread, but suffice to say, i'm happy to go with a GoW lynch atm.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

I changed my mind about the Fonz. I found other people scummier (Amb and TCS) but seeing that their causes were going nowhere I put my vote where it had a little meat on its bones. People get persecuted for this all the time, and I'm sure I will even more so because I also changed my stance about said player entirely. What are people's real problems with me? Is the only thing that people have against me the fact that I changed my mind on the Fonz and hammered, or is there more? Maybe something I could actually defend.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Arafax »

I totally agree w/HH's post on GoW....I don't think that you simply changed your mind though...
FOS GodOfWine
...I just think that we need a little more discussion on this before lynching.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm here, and I am absolutely not going to be on the GOW wagon because half the players on the wagon are on my scumlist.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

GoW, Tinvision had a number of points in his comments in italics in his pbp in post #728. Your response in #732 was less than adequate by choosing to also focus then on The Fonz vote. Of course the Fonz vote is easily defensible and I wouldn't be voting you over it alone. TinVision described a pattern of behavior in your actions om that post and I think you failed to address that at all. I also questioned the motivation for your overly negatively weighted description of HackerHuck's stated reasoning for one of his suspicions in your post #725. It looked to have motivations other than scum hunting.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

@TCS, do you think GoW is town?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hey guys. Just letting you know I'm still here. Just don't have anything new to say right at the mo'.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@TCS, do you think GoW is town?
I think he's pretty scummy, to be honest. But I'm not comfortable voting him for the reasons already stated: I think Ecto, Sudo, and MoS are all equally scummy.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Also the case for GodofWine seems to be based primarily on "The Case for GodofWine," if you get my meaning.
possibly
comment."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

No, I really don't. What does "The Case for GodofWine" mean?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I think TCS is trying to say that a lot of people are jumping on what I said and saying "I agree that God of Wine is scummy!" While it does seem like that's the case, only MoS actually added a vote and he specifically stated that he would like some response to the quotes I referenced.

I think that since Cicero has just replaced in, it would be helpful if God of Wine could outline his case on why Amb (now cicero) is scum.

MoS = you also think that Amb is scum. Do you think God of Wine is bussing or is it a one or the other situation?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Not sure. Most of my suspicion of Amb was because he was being stubborn and doing a lot of IS-moves. I have since then reevaluated whether or not that was just playstyle, since I've had more time to look at this game. I don't think I was more an indication of scum than it was an indication of Amb playing the role.
Permanent V/LA.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by dybeck »

Things with which I agree:

1) Almost everything GodofWine has said all game.

2) This:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I'm here, and I am absolutely not going to be on the GOW wagon because half the players on the wagon are on my scumlist.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:38 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

hmm. dybeck agrees with everything GoW has said? Maybe we should lynch him for inconsistency and crap logic instead...
Permanent V/LA.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yeah, still comfortable with my vote (and I know, I didn't add any content, but dybeck is doing all my work for me. I don't have to elaborate :P )
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:hmm. dybeck agrees with everything GoW has said? Maybe we should lynch him for inconsistency and crap logic instead...
Don't acknowledge reading what he said. It just encourages him to say something else ill advised.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:09 am

Post by cicero »

I just want to let everyone know that I'm still here. I started two thirty page plus replacement games at once in the middle of a work week. I'm trying to digest everything fairly before I post. Could I get some shortcut info? What have people figured out about the rules of the game so far? I see that the Fonz was David and that he comes up as a townie (citizen) but how on earth is this a Lost Boys theme if that's the case? Will we even know if we catch a scum?? Could he have some magical "godfather" power that makes him appear to be a citizen?

Sorry for the tangent please feel free to direct me to any clarifying posts, tell me some thoughts, or tell me to sod off altogether. I'll try to post something substantive as soon as I can - hopefully before someone decides to lynch anybody but it will still probably be a couple of days.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

cicero wrote:I just want to let everyone know that I'm still here. I started two thirty page plus replacement games at once in the middle of a work week. I'm trying to digest everything fairly before I post. Could I get some shortcut info? What have people figured out about the rules of the game so far? I see that the Fonz was David and that he comes up as a townie (citizen) but how on earth is this a Lost Boys theme if that's the case? Will we even know if we catch a scum?? Could he have some magical "godfather" power that makes him appear to be a citizen?
It's highly unlikely that he was actually a scum. Death scenes are almost always accurate and honest.

Note that he said while his character was a vampire in the movie, his role was not that of a vampire in this game. Some have speculated that this might mean there's some kind of cult, that he and people with roles like him could be "recruited" and turned into vampire scum. Or it's just as likely that it's simply a matter of the mod designing the game to be mass-claim-proof by giving some townies rolenames like that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yossie the Second wrote: Or it's just as likely that it's simply a matter of the mod designing the game to be mass-claim-proof by giving some townies rolenames like that.
I can't believe I never thought of that myself. That's actually a really good point, but it doesn't particularly alter who I see as suspicious. Chalk up a new learnin' experience for the still-relatively-new player.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:03 am

Sudo_Nym wrote:
Yossie the Second wrote: Or it's just as likely that it's simply a matter of the mod designing the game to be mass-claim-proof by giving some townies rolenames like that.
I can't believe I never thought of that myself. That's actually a really good point, but it doesn't particularly alter who I see as suspicious. Chalk up a new learnin' experience for the still-relatively-new player.
People playing the newbie card on page 33 deserve to be lynch. Call it a metagame.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:03 am

EBWOP: "deserve to be lynched." English no work today.
possibly
comment."
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:08 am

Post by VitaminR »

Meh, I don't particularly buy that, TCS.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah...he's not saying "hay, don't lynch me because I'm just a silly newbie", he was just mentioning that a point I brought up hadn't occured to him. I hardly see how that's "playing the newbie card" in any scummy sense of the term.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”