'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

HackerHuck wrote:
dybeck wrote:HackerHuck, you're being uncharacteristically quiet. Would you tell me your thoughts on Sudo_Nym and Mariyta?
That's a very interesting comment. Unfortunately, I would say that I'm being characteristically quiet; which also happens to be my read on Mariyta at the moment. Her contribution seems to be in line with what I have seen with her in the past and doesn't seem to be any indication of alignment. I'll have to reread her posts specifically to see if anything strikes me as particularly scummy. Until I see some better evidence though, I'm not interested in going after her just for lurking.

Sudo-Nym is still a good target in my opinion - and that's still where my vote lies. I really don't like the excessive speculation on the setup. My main concern is that he was using it to appear helpful and keep himself involved, but I don't really see him actively hunting scum. He has made one post since that briefly touched on a few people (dybeck, ecto, BM, Mariyta) but it seems almost like an attempt to be seen as contributing.
I do like his latest post regarding GodofWine, but I'm not sure if it's enough to pull my vote yet. I do like the case on GodofWine, so I could see me switching over that way if I get a better feeling about Sudo.

I also don't want to make too much of what I said about MoS, but I don't really buy the argument that MoS town wouldn't make those comments. Granted, I don't think I've seen him as town, but his scum play definitely doesn't fall into the mainstream. I've just got him jotted down as someone to keep an eye on.
Who are you talking about me to?
Permanent V/LA.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

dybeck wrote:My opinions haven't really changed. I still think Mariyta is the play, for all the same reasons. She's still lurking, and I haven't seen any reasons to change my vote. I'm putting out some feelers to see who her scummates are.

I think Laggalot is innocent because, as I've said before, I think I know what his role is.

No, I'm not going to announce what I think it is, but if you force him to a claim, and I'm right, I'll tell you what I think I know.

When I think I've figured out the other scum, I'll be sure to let you know.
I agree with Ecto that this is incredibly scummy. You've basically put Laggalot out there as scum-bait and it won't prove a darn thing about your alignment. What would you do if he finally got around to claiming his role (or getting NKed, which is now more likely) - jump around saying "I told you so"? I honestly don't see what that would prove - except maybe that you're more concerned with your own survival?

I'm also curious how you're so set in stone that Mariyta is scum. You've mentioned in at least half of your posts that you think she's scum, but this is the extent of your case:
Dybeck wrote:...but vote: Mariyta. For lurking, the -1 vote, and general scumminess
I managed to comment more on her than you did and I wasn't coming off of my initial readthrough of the game.

MoS - both Arafax and BM said that they didn't think you would make that post [about forgetting the case] as scum. I simply don't think that it's a town-tell for you.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Post by dybeck »

How have I put Laggalot out there as scum-bait?
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by Crub »

dybeck wrote:How have I put Laggalot out there as scum-bait?
By suggesting he had a power role?
Moo?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by dybeck »

What is it with this game and people reading things into all my posts that I simply am not saying?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Crub »

Maybe when you learn to play a little better you'll be able to communicate more effectively?
Moo?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:58 am

Post by dybeck »

I'm writing my thoughts.

The fact that people are reading things that aren't anywhere in my posts is nothing to do with my communication skills, honey. :P
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Eighth Vote Count of Day Two:
(same as the last count, actually)

Sudo_Nym - 5 (Crub, The Central Scrutinizer, VitaminR, HackerHuck, Mastermind of Sin)

GodOfWine - 4 (-TinVision-, Ectomancer, Battle Mage, Sudo_Nym)
Mariyta - 2 (Arafax, dybeck)
Sir.Laggalot - 2 (Yosarian2, GodOfWine)
dybeck - 1 (Mariyta)
Battle Mage - 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)

Not voting - 3 (AniX, Sir.Laggalot, Amb)

With eighteen present, ten votes will lynch.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

dybeck wrote:I'm writing my thoughts.

The fact that people are reading things that aren't anywhere in my posts is nothing to do with my communication skills, honey. :P

Right. The communication failure is coming from everyone else. :roll:

Let's see your try at explaining
why
your statement about SirLag
didn't
imply that he has a power role. Clearly the rest of us fail at reading comprehension.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:41 am

Post by dybeck »

If you want me to reveal my thoughts on Laggalot's role, with my reasoning behind it, I will. You should know that it also involves revealing my role.

I don't think it would be smart. If enough people disagree with me, I'll blow the whole thing wide open. Although, as I've stated, I think this whole line of enquiry is Not Helpful.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Mariyta »

dybeck wrote:If you want me to reveal my thoughts on Laggalot's role, with my reasoning behind it, I will. You should know that it also involves revealing my role.

I don't think it would be smart. If enough people disagree with me, I'll blow the whole thing wide open. Although, as I've stated, I think this whole line of enquiry is Not Helpful.
What you should have done... what would have been the smart move, actually, is if you didn't say anything about Lagsy's role at all, unless it was absolutely necessary. You've simply put him in a position where scum, if you're not scum yourself, feel they need to take him out to be safe. You may have cost us someone important, if he does have a power role.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

And now you are claiming a power role....

What is wrong with you?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Arafax »

I agree, no reason to reveal anything that's not needed.

Flay
I would suggest that if we have potential replacements available that we should replace TCS.

Unvote
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I am so confused

Dyb has one vote on him

why is he panicking?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Wow. Dybeck, could you have done something stupider? Actually, probably, since you could've revealed everything you know/think.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

dybeck wrote:If you want me to reveal my thoughts on Laggalot's role, with my reasoning behind it, I will. You should know that it also involves revealing my role.
Mostly I just want you to stop talking about roles altogether at this point. It's not helpful.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I am so confused

Dyb has one vote on him

why is he panicking?
Actually, my hunch is it's more of a "he thinks he figured something out and just can't contain letting everyone else know how clever he is" thing. :roll: But yeah, massibly not a good idea for him to have said any of that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

so do we put a squelch order on him and move on?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Alright, time to backpedal a bit. I've gone back and looked at Sudo and I'm not as sold on him as a committed to. His playstyle almost reminds me of mine in Old Maid mafia where I was so hung up on trying to figure out the mechanics and I also got hammered on for that. Then I spent so much time defending myself that I didn't hunt scum. With all of the loopy stuff that seems to be going on in this game, I think that's a possibility. He's another one that I'll keep my eye on though.

Unvote: Sudo_Nym

I still like the case on God of Wine, especially with these gems...
GodOfWine wrote:I'm sure the day feels like more of a drag to all of you than to me, but I definitely will not be the one to put a hammer vote down. The Fonz is far less suspicious than the other two. And I think Albert and even TCS are more suspicious than the Fonz, as well.
GodOfWine wrote:I think the only way we will ever be able to know how much alignment corresponds from movie to game is to lynch someone who has made a claim that defies 100% correspondence, such as that made by the Fonz. He has said that lynching him and finding out that he is David, Vanilla Townie, could do nothing for the town. I disagree. I think it could finally settle the discrepency that has plagued Day 1.
unvote, Vote: The Fonz

someone had to do it
GodOfWine wrote:HackerHuck, this is why I find Amb so scummy. You should too.
Amb wrote:We got to lynch minus one on the Fonz, and its beginning to fall away. Can we put it back there please, plus one more.
GodOfWine wrote:At this point, the people who are singular votes should consider switching to a more popular vote-getter. PookyTheMagicalBear, Sudo_Nym, The Fonz, TinVision. And the people who have no vote cast right now- whats wrong with you?
He also stirs the pot a bit by pushing the whole recruiter theory even though he hits the nail on the head in saying that knowing the theory won't help us find scum yet. Makes absolutely no case on Amb, even though he votes him immediately after finishing his reread. Just read the two posts right when he replaces in (442 and 453).
Vote: God of Wine

I'm also on board with the idea of a TCS lynch.

I haven't been a big fan of his play this game and I'm disappointed that more people aren't keen on his lynch.
I still think that his opening game play was scummy. It was obviously a discussion starter, but I think it ended up creating a big smoke screen to cast suspicion on the newbs.
Since then, he's been playing like Chamber. I think the only thing remotely resembling a case would be when he simply quoted VitaminR's case on Sudo and verbosely said QFT.
He pushed to lynch one of the two vanilla claimants because - "They claimed vanilla!". He also assigned vanilla claims to AniX and BM, even thought neither claimed vanilla.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by dybeck »

Hacker why is it that every time you post you're putting suspicion on someone new?

And why is it that it always seems to be the player that looks like an easy lynch at that time?

unvote, vote: HackerHuck
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Mariyta »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm also on board with the idea of a TCS lynch.

I haven't been a big fan of his play this game and I'm disappointed that more people aren't keen on his lynch.
I still think that his opening game play was scummy. It was obviously a discussion starter, but I think it ended up creating a big smoke screen to cast suspicion on the newbs.
He's expressed interest in being replaced. At this point, I don't think it's an avenue we should pursue.
HackerHuck wrote:Since then, he's been playing like Chamber.
That's just plain mean. :P

@dybeck: How many people have you gone after so far? Are you going to accuse everyone who changes their mind at any point in the game?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:48 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Where'd GodOfWine go the past few days? Hopefully, he's readying his defense.
lol objective morality
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:54 am

Unvote, vote: GodofWine

I agree wholeheartedly with HackerHuck. Those quotes deserve explaining. GoW completely contradicts himself, and one of the two posts were complete bullshit (how were the other people more likely scum than The Fonz at that point, who was one of the main villains from the movie?). I will attempt to remember this case :P
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

cicero replaces Amb, by request.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:14 am

Post by cicero »

Hey dudes. Thanks for having me. I need to take some time and, ya know, read your whole thing. I'm earning some coin right now but I'll soak up the rays of your discussion and maybe smell out some vampires before too long. (probably this evening).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”