Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:04 am

Post by tyhess »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #6

theopor_COD[3](Oman, vollkan, tyhess)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
tyhess[1](curiouskarmadog)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[6](ac1983fan, pwayne66, Flameaxe, Rump-Wat, Trojan Horse, theopor_COD)

theopor_COD wrote:. Tyhess votes Dr calls him weird and then he wants to edit posts.
The reason I tried to edit my post was becasue it was all bold and then becasue i double posted. Think about it.

Vollkan wrote: Something else,
Theo wrote:

Mainly because he jumped to the Doctor's defence

and now,
Theo wrote:

I don't like pwayne more for his suggestion to not use pressure votes and bully players etc. Plus his recent list doesn't sit too well with me.

Subtle shift. People criticise you for voting on the basis of Pwayne defending BS, so you shift you main reason to being the opposition to bullying, which was a minor factor from before.

If your going to lie about your postion do not, under any circumstances, change your story, especially when you are righting it down in a game where that type of thing is looked for. I'm all for lying in a game like this when you have to, but do not change your story. Noone can trust you and you look like scum.

For that:

Vote: THEO
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

AGAIN? Tyhess is jumping on the bandwagon of the hour without providing much content at all...
tyhess wrote:
If your going to lie about your postion do not, under any circumstances, change your story, especially when you are righting it down in a game where that type of thing is looked for. I'm all for lying in a game like this when you have to, but do not change your story. Noone can trust you and you look like scum.

For that:

Vote: THEO
Maybe I am slow, but what is your reasoning behind this vote again? Without quoting anyone else, what did Theo “change his story” about?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:51 am

Post by tyhess »

I would have to say that I agree with everything said by pwayne about how believing you have found scum and using bullying tactics........I hadn't seen this yet by my last post or i would posted this on my last post.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Oman »

Tyhess wrote:Noone can trust you and you look like scum.
Is it just me or does this sound rather like "you look like scum, even though you're not".

I dunno, maybe its just an odd word choice. I'd be inclinded to hop off theo and onto Tyhess but i can fully see this as a bus...hmmm
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:53 am

tyhess wrote:I would have to say that I agree with everything said by pwayne about how believing you have found scum and using bullying tactics........I hadn't seen this yet by my last post or i would posted this on my last post.
wait, what?

I am not bullying you...I just want you to back up your vote, just like everyone else..

I am not even sure I understand this post either..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I've got my eye on pwayne because I found him defending Blackstrike more than anyone, asking Curious/Flame in 45 to not bully him, not
use pressure votes to extract information

These characterizations of this comment (bolds by me)
I don't agree with
using pressure to disuade conversation
. This type of game is new to most of us. We ought to encourage all the discussion and sharing of ideas we can prior to the game really starting. If Dr. BS has a point I want to hear it, not discourage him by using bully tactics.
don't sit well with me. One of three things are happening here. 1) You are deliberatly mischaractrizing my position 2) You misread my position or 3) You correctly read my position but believe that I was implying something else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Oman »

CKD looks town/cult to me. I like most if not all of his responses and questions.

My town-looking list includes: Pwayne and CKD for now (I feel like I've forgotten someone).

Scum-looking list includes: Flameaxe and Theo

Cult-looking list includes: CKD and tyhess (of course, it can only be one).

Any objections?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:03 am

pwayne66 wrote:
I've got my eye on pwayne because I found him defending Blackstrike more than anyone, asking Curious/Flame in 45 to not bully him, not
use pressure votes to extract information

These characterizations of this comment (bolds by me)
I don't agree with
using pressure to disuade conversation
. This type of game is new to most of us. We ought to encourage all the discussion and sharing of ideas we can prior to the game really starting. If Dr. BS has a point I want to hear it, not discourage him by using bully tactics.
don't sit well with me. One of three things are happening here. 1) You are deliberatly mischaractrizing my position 2) You misread my position or 3) You correctly read my position but believe that I was implying something else.

Well, I can see how someone can make that jump in logic. This is most likely are misunderstanding. You didnt like my pressure vote because there was a chance it could dissuade conversation. I can see how someone might misread this as you didnt like "bullying" (thus getting more information). I really think this boils down to two different playstyles for Day 1 and a misunderstanding.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 am

Post by tyhess »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
tyhess wrote:I would have to say that I agree with everything said by pwayne about how believing you have found scum and using bullying tactics........I hadn't seen this yet by my last post or i would posted this on my last post.
wait, what?

I am not bullying you...I just want you to back up your vote, just like everyone else..

I am not even sure I understand this post either..[/quote

Woh sorry dude I wasn't talking about you, or anyone in particular. I was just saying I agreed with the post.

And Oman. Everthing That I beleive about Theo was summed up by Vollkwagon.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:12 am

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: My town-looking list includes: Pwayne and CKD for now (I feel like I've forgotten someone).

I'm not on the list; I may be the person you forgot.
Tyhess wrote: And Oman. Everthing That I beleive about Theo was summed up by Vollkwagon.
I am a little put off by Tyhess's voting rationale. I really dislike it when people just vote on the basis of someone else being persuasive. Inevitably, we all form our impressions based off other people's arguments from time to time, but it still frustrates me a bit when Tyhess explains his actions simply by saying that I summed it all up.

I am getting a very newbie read on Tyhess, more than scummy at the moment.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Oman »

Yeah okay, you take my cult piece of cake.

Now why am I voting for the suspected mafia instead of suspected cultist? Because I have limited experience with cults and I'm afraid that a town player would act remarkably like a cultist, especially a powerrole.

I'm gonna stick with scumhunting for now, I'm more confident.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:15 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Well, I can see how someone can make that jump in logic. This is most likely are misunderstanding.
...fair enough.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:29 am

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: Now why am I voting for the suspected mafia instead of suspected cultist? Because I have limited experience with cults and I'm afraid that a town player would act remarkably like a cultist, especially a powerrole.

I have thought about this myself. I think that as long as there is only 1 cult member (right now, the leader) the cult leader has no reason to act any differently from a pro-town player. I mean, if he hunts scum actively then he works against an immediate threat but, unlike townies, the cult leader benefits even if there is what to us is a mislynch. At the moment, he doesn't have any altar-boys to worry about, in contrast to the scum who obviously have their scumbuddies.

As the game progresses and the cult grows, I think we can expect its behaviour to become more "mafia-like". As it grows, it has more members to protect and, thus, there is more likelihood of us being able to sniff out some connections.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 am

Post by tyhess »

Oman wrote:Yeah okay, you take my cult piece of cake.

Now why am I voting for the suspected mafia instead of suspected cultist? Because I have limited experience with cults and I'm afraid that a town player would act remarkably like a cultist, especially a powerrole.

I agree with oman about scumhunting at this point, but the cultists acting like the town at this point?? I would think that the cultist would rather be looking for vanilla townies as much as he's looking for the scum. That's how he's going to win-recruiting townies. If I was a cultist that would be my goal at this point.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:43 am

Post by vollkan »

tyhess wrote: I agree with oman about scumhunting at this point, but the cultists acting like the town at this point?? I would think that the cultist would rather be looking for vanilla townies as much as he's looking for the scum. That's how he's going to win-recruiting townies. If I was a cultist that would be my goal at this point.
Of course, the cult leader will be thinking about recruitment strategies, but that doesn't mean he will ACT any differently. The act is crucial because without behaviour it is impossible to hunt the cult leader. Hence, the cultist has no reason not to act like a town, at least for today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:45 am

vollkan wrote:
Oman wrote: Now why am I voting for the suspected mafia instead of suspected cultist? Because I have limited experience with cults and I'm afraid that a town player would act remarkably like a cultist, especially a powerrole.

I have thought about this myself. I think that as long as there is only 1 cult member (right now, the leader) the cult leader has no reason to act any differently from a pro-town player. I mean, if he hunts scum actively then he works against an immediate threat but, unlike townies, the cult leader benefits even if there is what to us is a mislynch. At the moment, he doesn't have any altar-boys to worry about, in contrast to the scum who obviously have their scumbuddies.

As the game progresses and the cult grows, I think we can expect its behaviour to become more "mafia-like". As it grows, it has more members to protect and, thus, there is more likelihood of us being able to sniff out some connections.
Maybe we should stay away from the "future cult behavior tactics" conversation until the future. No need giving anyone advice how to act (now or) in the future. I do agree that the cult leader is most likely acting townish (or lurkish) Day 1.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:50 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote:
Vollkan wrote: I have thought about this myself. I think that as long as there is only 1 cult member (right now, the leader) the cult leader has no reason to act any differently from a pro-town player. I mean, if he hunts scum actively then he works against an immediate threat but, unlike townies, the cult leader benefits even if there is what to us is a mislynch. At the moment, he doesn't have any altar-boys to worry about, in contrast to the scum who obviously have their scumbuddies.

Maybe we should stay away from the "future cult behavior tactics" conversation until the future. No need giving anyone advice how to act (now or) in the future. I do agree that the cult leader is most likely acting townish (or lurkish) Day 1.
Good point, but I don't think that what I said was a tactic so much as an inevitability.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:57 am

vollkan wrote:
Good point, but I don't think that what I said was a tactic so much as an inevitability.
who knows, I could just see a conversation thread developing.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:00 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Agreed. It is probably better to weed this behaviour out after the fact.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:10 am

Post by tyhess »

I also agree on the part about dealing with future cultist actions later, but my original point was that, if anything, the cultist would be more trying to find out who the most likely is to be a townie, and find ways to force people into spilling their hand on being townies (ie bullying, which like I said earlier I don't agree with to an extent). I get that he's going to try to act like town, but he will have a different outlook because he will not be looking for both the mafia and the cultist like the vanilla townies, he will be looking for scum and vanilla townies instead-the difference would be slight, but there still would be a difference.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:12 am

Post by ac1983fan »

vote:tyhess

He was acting scummy a few pages back, then he comes in and slaps a badwagon vote on theo, which is a crap wagon.
FOS:Oman
for started the theo case (which is crap) and this:

Don't try to differentiate from scum and cult. It's pointless, at least at this point.
Not a dayvig.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Oman wrote:CKD looks town/cult to me. I like most if not all of his responses and questions.

My town-looking list includes: Pwayne and CKD for now (I feel like I've forgotten someone).

Any objections?
nope, you didn't miss anything. Of course there's only 8 people in a 12-person game! Everyone knows that. No worries.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I doubt that I am alone here, but I need more info. What about tyhess was scummy a few pages back? What makes the theo bandwagon a crapwagon?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Make that 5 people in a 12-person game. You listed CKD three times.
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:31 am

Post by tyhess »

You scum because you can't count!!!!!

Kidding

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”