Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:15 am

Post by ChronX »

pickemgenius wrote:
Vote: ChronX
Strong case, there. Do you have a posting restriction?
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:32 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Sir Tornado wrote:I don't like the fact that Albert is being let off due to the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy.
Who's using the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy?
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:04 am

Post by ChronX »

Blue Zebra wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:I don't like the fact that Albert is being let off due to the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy.
Who's using the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy?
At least one place, Patrick in 557 said:
Even if Tornado turns out to be scum, I wouldn't rush to crucify Albert. It would be a very bold scum move to try and create a counterwagon so late in the day to save a scumbuddy, with a high chance of failing, then backfiring and getting Albert into trouble as well.
I think this has been the general theme of the discussion about ABR leading the lynch mob to Adel. To wit: 'Scum wouldn't do that, he just lost his mind'.

vote Albert
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Tornado, stop distancing from me, I am your friend :(

Patrick said that even if Sir T was scum, it didn't mean that I was 100% scum, that's all...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:06 am

Post by kravhen »

d3sisted wrote:Yeah, if Albert is scum, I'm also assuming SirT is scum.

Of course, it's equally likely that they are both town and Albert swapped on a whim.
If Albert or SirT is scum, I'll consider YOU scumbuddy. How's that?
That statement looked like you were trying to protect yourself by redirecting our attention to another specific player if we ended up catching scum.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:36 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Patrick may have used the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy, but he used it incorrectly. The better snippet to apply here would be the"asinie =/= scum" truth.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Can we have a votecount please? Ta muchly.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by ChronX »

nabnab 1 Albert B Rampage (kravhen unvoted)
ChronX 1 pickemgenius (sirT unvoted)
Erotomachia 3 Blue Zebra, kravhen formerly deadscilent and NabNab
Albert d3sisted formerly patrick, sir T and chronX formerly hautboy

not voting 2 theopur formerly camisade and requested the vote count and erotomachia although i might have missed an eroto vote post
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by ChronX »

EBWOP Albert has 3 votes
Effectively done with MS
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm pretty sure I'm voting Kravhen.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by ChronX »

That might grow legs actually. Interesting....
Effectively done with MS
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

ChronX wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Vote: ChronX
Strong case, there. Do you have a posting restriction?
no....

you're probably scum.... i'd like to see you lynched atm.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by ChronX »

Hmm, I may recondsider my vote and post an OMGUS on you, not because you are voting me but because, well....the acronym says it. :)
Effectively done with MS
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

ChronX wrote:Hmm, I may recondsider my vote and post an OMGUS on you, not because you are voting me but because, well....the acronym says it. :)
he he he :D
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Albert, I find your D1 play highly suspicious after I reread. WHY did you lead a counter-wagon against my wagon? And that too against the Doc? You practically seem to be pleading for people to vote Adel hours before the deadline. I see no reason for a townie to have done that on D1. It reeks of scum linking.
I'm back!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:18 am

Post by Atticus »

"Good Time"
Vote Count

NabakovNabakov
(1):
Albert B. Rampage

ChronX
(1):
pickemgenius

Erotomachia
(3):
Blue Zebra, kravhen, NabakovNabakov

kravhen
(1):
theopor_COD

Albert B. Rampage
(3):
Sir Tornado, d3sisted, ChronX

Not Voting (1): Erotomachia
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 am

Post by kravhen »

theopor_COD wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm voting Kravhen.
I understand why one would want to vote me, my predecessor was scummy and hell, even I as Old Kravhen went after her aggressively at some point.

What I'm wondering personally about your vote is, are you voting me genuinely because there is a case strong enough against me to vote me (which means you think I am the scummiest player), or are you voting because, I admit it, I'm an easy target for a mislynch?

I'll keep my eyes open for that. I hadn't seen players' actions this way before. It's worth looking into, if I was scum I would've considered doing the same thing I believe.

Meanwhile, Erotomachia is still silent... And pickemgenius' play is still annoying. His play remind me of JDodge's.... Annoying people, geez, they deserve to be lynch on sight.

=P
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Kravhen: JDodge doesn't annoy as much as PEG does. JD lurks a lot and simply pops up accusing someone of being scum while withholding his reasons and goes back to lurking. That scares the shit out of some people. But, he does that without the use of unnecessary smilies and exclamation marks, so that's not so annoying.
I'm back!
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Erotomachia »

ChronX wrote:That might grow legs actually. Interesting....
You're considering kravhen? Why? On Day 1 everyone was pretty much agreed that deadscilent was the VI, and I don't see what kravhen has done today to base a vote off of.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Funny... I certainly don't remember agreeing that Deadscilent was the VI. I find that the term VI is overused anyway. There are only a few people who are actually VIs. I don't think deadscilent is one of them.

(If you want to know how VIs play, check out a guy named Klopyrev's play in Mini 466. THAT'S a VI)
I'm back!
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:44 am

Post by ChronX »

Erotomachia wrote:
You're considering kravhen? Why? On Day 1 everyone was pretty much agreed that deadscilent was the VI, and I don't see what kravhen has done today to base a vote off of.
I mayself am not considering Kravhen/DS at this time. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it get some momentum. Pickemgenius seems to have no attention span, so would be a good likely candidate to pile on eventually..as an example.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:52 am

Post by kravhen »

Sir Tornado wrote:Funny... I certainly don't remember agreeing that Deadscilent was the VI. I find that the term VI is overused anyway. There are only a few people who are actually VIs. I don't think deadscilent is one of them.

(If you want to know how VIs play, check out a guy named Klopyrev's play in Mini 466. THAT'S a VI)
Well.. She was a VI for somehow looking scummy as hell while being town. She wasted alot of my time and attention on her case and didn't make it better by whining about it and saying things like "Oh boohoo, alright lynch me, but youll see i told you so!"
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

ChronX wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:
I mayself am not considering Kravhen/DS at this time. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it get some momentum. Pickemgenius seems to have no attention span, so would be a good likely candidate to pile on eventually..as an example.
*Raises eyebrows*

To me, this sounds quite like scum speculating in-thread. "Well this wagon looks like it has momentum. On the other hand, this guy could be an excellent candidate for piling on to."

Town motivation for a lynch: "I think this guy is scum. I have made my case or agreed with somebodys else's case."

Scum motivation for a lynch: "I think this guy is probably going to get lynched. The cases on him are pretty convincing. This could 'grow legs.'"

That post falls squarely into category SCUM. Combine that with the third vote on the Albert wagon which seemed to be "growing legs" at the time, and I think there's a pretty solid case in just the past few pages.
Unvote; Vote: ChronX

@Sir T: It was pretty clear to me that Deadscilent was playing a different game than we were. I realize this is a matter of opinion (and as such, you're entitled to yours), but she seemed to have no conception of the basic strategies and subtleties of mafia, and I think it's unwise to put stock in a read from a player like that.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:33 am

Post by kravhen »

Oh Erotomachia showed sign of life again.
Hi!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what I should do with the vote that's on Erotomachia. I'll leave it there. Maybe it'll grow legs. I'll see how things develop and maybe ill vote ChronX to make it grow legs. It's all about growing legs.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:33 am

Post by ChronX »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
ChronX wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:
*Raises eyebrows*

To me, this sounds quite like scum speculating in-thread. "Well this wagon looks like it has momentum. On the other hand, this guy could be an excellent candidate for piling on to."

Town motivation for a lynch: "I think this guy is scum. I have made my case or agreed with somebodys else's case."

Scum motivation for a lynch: "I think this guy is probably going to get lynched. The cases on him are pretty convincing. This could 'grow legs.'"

That post falls squarely into category SCUM. Combine that with the third vote on the Albert wagon which seemed to be "growing legs" at the time, and I think there's a pretty solid case in just the past few pages.
Unvote; Vote: ChronX

@Sir T: It was pretty clear to me that Deadscilent was playing a different game than we were. I realize this is a matter of opinion (and as such, you're entitled to yours), but she seemed to have no conception of the basic strategies and subtleties of mafia, and I think it's unwise to put stock in a read from a player like that.
You're kind of twisting the context of my original post on its ear. Theo had asked for a vote count, I gave one, he posted that he was pretty sure he was voting Kravhen, which
I
misunderstood at the time to mean he was thinking of voting for him (I had missed his post where he already had). I was simply musing aloud that such a vote would probably attract other votes, and thus was interesting. Why interesting? It could be scum, it could be scum bait. Interesting.

Since the vote was ALREADY cast and hasn't attracted a following, I was wrong. My bad.

I stand on my vote of Albert. Nothing scummy about voting to -3 the guy who lynched the doc.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”