Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by AlyG »

I agree here. His Contradictory of himself and by his agreeing with other people to get on their good side and by agreeing completely changing his thoughts on the game. His eagerness was worrying to. Then when he said he was "pressured" to vote when no one had even acknowledged him was also weird. As i've already said he is my main suspect because now Vampanezehunter has left. I really think he should be the one we lynch today and Blackstrike can be our target tomorrow, as many people have already said.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ryan, welcome to the game, nice to see someone join who is likely to be a good and consistant contributor.
ryan wrote:
Vote: originality

I still haven't figured out why the early bandwagon on him was allowed to die, I think he's a suitable place for some more pressure as his defense didn't really sit well with me.
I don't think the early bandwagon was justified IMHO. His reasoning was a little odd for p.1, but at the time I really thought this could be explained by non-familiarity with the pace of games on this board (ie much slower than others). But his play has alerted me fairly consistantly over the course of the game, it's just been drowned out by Dr. B's antics and the 4 or more other contenders for scum we've had. If I get time today I'll get in a reread focusing on originality among other candidates.

I have to add I'm a bit discomfitted by two posters in a row stating "let's lynch originality today and string up Dr. B tommorow". Sounds a bit like a scum two-fer to me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:22 am

Post by ryan »

Where did I say I wanted Dr. B lynched?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ryan wrote:the mafia is going to nightkill him now anyway (if he's being honest) and if he's lying and lives we'll take care of him Day 2.
Just a more elegant way of hiding it.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 am

Post by ryan »

I am of the "lynch all liars" way of mafia. If he's lying about his role than he deserves to be taken out on Day 2. If he's being honest I don't anticipate him making it through Night 1 (the scum will see to that) Don't try and twist my words to make my statement a scummy one
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:02 am

Post by dybeck »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:At this point anyone who says I don't look scummy looks scummy.

-Doc "And that is that is all I'm going to say about that" Blackstrike
Huh?
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:05 am

Post by spurgistan »

[quote="ryan"]

I still haven't figured out why the early bandwagon on him was allowed to die, I think he's a suitable place for some more pressure as his defense didn't really sit well with me.

Yeah, we sort of ascribed his early flailing-about to newbie awkwardness and set upon the strange things that happened on his bandwagon. Not that he's been officially recused of anything by any means, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now to go after the more experienced guys who jumped on him.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:06 am

Post by spurgistan »

EBWOP: I'm sorry, that looks like I'm voting for Originality. Even though I still have a vote on Dr. B so I it doesn't count, it's not what I was trying to do. Let me try that again...
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:07 am

Post by spurgistan »

spurgistan wrote:
ryan wrote:

Yeah, we sort of ascribed his early flailing-about to newbie awkwardness and set upon the strange things that happened on his bandwagon. Not that he's been officially recused of anything by any means, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now to go after the more experienced guys who jumped on him.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:08 am

Post by spurgistan »

what the hell? can't quote today. sorry about the mess.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:11 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ryan wrote:I am of the "lynch all liars" way of mafia. If he's lying about his role than he deserves to be taken out on Day 2. If he's being honest I don't anticipate him making it through Night 1 (the scum will see to that) Don't try and twist my words to make my statement a scummy one
I'll admit my bad on this one. I've read back over your and my posts and I am doing some word twisting here. I hate people that do that. I'm still not clearing AlyG though its possible he's setting up a two-fer.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:11 am

Post by dybeck »

I'm not feeling this originality wagon :(
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 am

Post by ryan »

dybeck wrote:I'm not feeling this originality wagon :(
Ok let me respond to this in a two parter

1) Players who defend another player unless they know 100% they are innocent had better be able to deal with the consequences if that said person ends up being scum

2) WHY aren't you feeling it? I do not like defending somebody with ZERO evidence to why

a) it's a bad choice

b) who's a better one

I'll give you a chance to respond to these before I officially put a FoS on you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Oman »

It was my bad on the whole info thing. What I ment was more the...speculation sort of info. Like if we knew there WAS a doc we'd be better off. As the mafia would WIFOM their kill around.

Getting specific is probably where it shifts the balance, knowing WHO the doc is.

so I'm going to say speculation = town and fishing=scum. Of course, this is so broad, generalised, and untested I really don't know how accurate it is.

I'd like to second Ryan's questions on dybeck's post.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ryan, could you make a quick comment on your predecessor's play. I realize there wasn't much of any detail but here's one of his more substantial posts from p.6
VampanezeHunter wrote:Ok I've just read through and I'm finding Oman most suspicious here. This is because he is pretty much defending himself with an attack. That is scummy IMO. Also Orginallity is probably second on my list because at the start he was all over the place. Making scummy moves. Those were contradicting himself, keen to lynch and also he seemed to look quite aggressive. That's not a scum tell but it kind of makes me suspicious. I don't know why. One more thing. Did anyone actually see what the size one writing said? Anyway that seemed scummy for me. Ok I'm done. If that's not enough tell me. Also do I need to roleclaim yet?
And I've read back over the thread again. Not seeing anything substantial in originality's early play this time either. To me his biggest issue was when he posted that he felt pressured into voting for VH. This itself is odd, but what is weird to me is that VH was under attack, had a bandwagon forming, and was contributing hardly anything to the thread. Since the lynching lurker's points had already been made, I'm kind of uneasy about why he'd make the same choice for a vote. Especially one of more weight than his p.1 vote had.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 am

Post by originality »

ryan wrote:

As for the "Good Doc" and his claim, we really have no reason to believe he's lying at this point and whoever pointed out that lynching a power role is a bad idea is VERY SMART. I mean honestly look at it this way, the mafia is going to nightkill him now anyway (if he's being honest) and if he's lying and lives we'll take care of him Day 2. So let's concentrate on finding some scum, not outing anymore power roles, and doing what we came here to do (well some of us) and that's taking out the trash!

Uh, I believe I already explained all my points, but if you have any questions for me I'll be happy to answer. By the way, that very smart guy you talk about is me.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by AlyG »

Yes yu have explained your points but just because you did that doesn't mean everything is cleared up. People still find you scummy and i don't really believe your vote on VampanezeHunter which put him on the most votes has been cleared up yet. You said you did it to tip the balance but what benefit does that have? That's my qusetion.
Show
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by AlyG »

dybeck wrote:I'm not feeling this originality wagon :(
Then who do you feel? Who are you most suspicious of as of now? And why aren't you feeling it? Give everyone some reasons why you think he's innocent then. I'd like to hear them.
Show
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by originality »

AlyG wrote:i don't really believe your vote on VampanezeHunter which put him on the most votes has been cleared up yet. You said you did it to tip the balance but what benefit does that have? That's my qusetion.
I had said I'd vote for him in an earlier post, so it wasn't like out of the blue. Its not a complicated matter here, I found him suspicious and figured he deserved my vote.

What benefit does it have, you ask? Well, I thought it was best for VH to get a majority, instead of Oman at the time, (about who I also had said earlier I didnt get very scummy vibes from) since he was my suspicion.

Or in another vein, SOMEONE had to do it, right? So I picked the one I had reasons against.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:05 am

Post by Oman »

My appologies but: I'm not feeling an originality wagon. ATM I would swing further towards VH/Ryan.

Why am I not feeling originality AlyG might ask. Well, he seems to be a bit wrapped up in the mob mentality, a byproduct of a newbie.

Basically, he's thinking for himself, but not acting on it. I get newbie vibes from him, but no newbiescum slips. It just doesn't work for me. At this point you could probably call it gut.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Lucienne »

First of all:

unvote

Since Dr. B is actually perhaps claiming a power-role, I don't think we should lynch him (although I'm a bit anxious that he says he would claim a power-role anyway, even as a townie). I think those still voting for Dr. B aren't really seeing the potential
loss
of ousting him, if he is a power-role.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:At this point anyone who says I don't look scummy looks scummy.
Care to actually comment on the game while you're here?
ryan wrote:I mean honestly look at it this way, the mafia is going to nightkill him now anyway (if he's being honest) and if he's lying and lives we'll take care of him Day 2.
Whilst I agree with the other things you had to say, I don't think this is right. What if the scum decide not to kill him, and thus frame him? What if he is blocked by a town or scum roleblocker? Too many variables are involved to make this plan work properly.
AlyG wrote:I really think he should be the one we lynch today and Blackstrike can be our target tomorrow, as many people have already said.
Planning things in the future like this is scummy. Scum are most interested in this, because they can set people up so in the future can say "oh yes, we agreed to go for X today, let's do it!"
originality wrote:Or in another vein, SOMEONE had to do it, right? So I picked the one I had reasons against.
But why were you
pressured
into voting. This still makes no sense to me. :?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:01 am

Post by originality »

Lucienne wrote: But why were you
pressured
into voting. This still makes no sense to me. :?

I guess I can attribute that to poor word choice. One word isn't really a good reason for everyone to fret over that post, imho.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:35 am

Post by ryan »

Lucienne wrote:
ryan wrote:I mean honestly look at it this way, the mafia is going to nightkill him now anyway (if he's being honest) and if he's lying and lives we'll take care of him Day 2.
Whilst I agree with the other things you had to say, I don't think this is right. What if the scum decide not to kill him, and thus frame him? What if he is blocked by a town or scum roleblocker? Too many variables are involved to make this plan work properly.
Why would the scum allow the doc to protect a possible townie? You can look at other games and where doc's claim they are usually taken care of that night by either scum or a SK. I'm not sure where you got a possible roleblock but since that is the first it's been brought up I find it interesting. I just don't like the fact that since he claimed people seem to think he doesn't deserve some pressure, I disagree with that 100% Nobody has claimed against him so I'm guessing he's our doc but I'm also not dumb enough to not think he shouldn't explain a few of his actions (especially the comment that his play is scummy a few pages back)
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:40 am

Post by AlyG »

AlyG wrote:I really think he should be the one we lynch today and Blackstrike can be our target tomorrow, as many people have already said.
Lucienne wrote:Planning things in the future like this is scummy. Scum are most interested in this, because they can set people up so in the future can say "oh yes, we agreed to go for X today, let's do it!"
Well Carrotcake said the exact same thing a page ago! Yet you don't seem to be attacking her. Either you overlooked it or you two could be a possible scum partnership.

Here's what Carrotcake said:
Carrotcake wrote:I don't like the idea of lynching a claimed( semi-claimed?)power role today. Very little harm could come from letting him live another night. If he does turn out to be town, we get one night of benefits. There isn't exactly a shortage of suspects anyways. Lets just hang him tomorrow.
See? She's pretty much planning the future right there. Just like you said what i did. What do you think of that post Lucienne?
originality wrote:I guess I can attribute that to poor word choice. One word isn't really a good reason for everyone to fret over that post, imho.
There you go again. Now that you have come under attack for being 'pressured' to vote you now say that it was a poor word choice and you have now completely changed your opinion. Like you were doing before. Your just trying to get on the town's good side by agreeing with them. It's getting really annoying now. What does everyone else think about this post?
Show
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by Oman »

AlyG wrote:What do you think of that post Lucienne?
I'm not Lucienne, but I don't like carrotcake's post either.

Fos: AlyG and Carrotcake

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”