Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 am

Post by VitaminR »

I had two theories last Friday. They were:

1) Fuldu as scum roleblocker
2) Thesp failing his post restriction triggering a mass block (but not his own death)

This is 1):
VitaminR, Fir Aug 03 wrote:Alternatively, one of Fuldu/Fritz is a scum roleblocker lying about their result to cover themselves and spread confusion, but that doesn't seem all that likely.
This is 2):
VitaminR, on Fri Aug 03 wrote:Well, we seem to be dealing with a role that blocks all night actions. I thought Thesp's role may have been a trigger for that or something. In retrospect, that doesn't really make sense, because it help scum.
VitaminR, on Fri Aug 03 wrote:Kind of a bad town role to have, though. A post restriction and a mass block. Perhaps he broke his post restriction the day before.

Actually, that works. Thesp posted something in caps every day except Day 4.
I suppose my use of the word "mass block" is what is causing confusion here. I was referring to a block of all pro-town night actions, since it hadn't occurred to me that Thesp's death could have been self-inflicted.

Both situations complicate a Fulduscum scenario. I was specifically thinking of the first one earlier, since I'd already dismissed the second one.

The third scenario (Thesp triggering his own death and blocking all actions, not just blocking Fuldu & Fritzler) is what occurred to me later.
Seol wrote:
Seol wrote:Do you believe it is plausible it was an ability used by town, or caused by a town role, but unknowingly?
Yes, as I've said before, I think Thesp's role may have caused a mass block.
Without him knowing about it?
Yes, though he may have known. I don't think he planned to fail his restriction yesterday.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 pm

Post by Seol »

Firstly re: "No, that's a lie. It's occurred to you before", the distinction between what you claim to have originally been thinking:
2) Thesp failing his post restriction triggering a mass block (but not his own death)
I suppose my use of the word "mass block" is what is causing confusion here. I was referring to a block of all pro-town night actions, since it hadn't occurred to me that Thesp's death could have been self-inflicted.
And what you proposed when queried:
3) Thesp had a martyr-type role. Failing his post restriction meant dying the next night, but also blocking all night actions.
Is that:

a) it did not occur to you originally that Thesp's failing to satisfy his restriction would result in his death,
b) given that in this situation Thesp's death is unexplained your natural conclusion was that his role was limited to blocking pro-town roles only, and
c) you consider the two situations to be substantially different explanations for the results we got this morning?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Also, where are Fuldu, Fritzler and JDodge?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Seol »

Hello?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Yes, Seol, that is what I meant.

I don't entirely see the significance of it, though.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm back from complicated real world difficulties, hopefully for some time.

Seol, I'm sorry you're displeased with the quality of my role flavor, but that's something you'll have to take up with the mod. As to the ambiguity, though, I don't think the role has been in any way ambiguous. My result on Foolster was unequivocally "not human." Foolster wasn't certain what he should claim, but that's a lack of clarity unrelated to my role results. I was told that any character that is not explicitly human would come out not human and that has been the case. I'm not even sure who the other ambiguous character you're thinking of is.

Also, I think something that's missing in the discussion of whether I am a scum-roleblocker who saved his block in order to further my lies. If it weren't for Thesp as an alternate explanation, such a lie would have no reasonable cover to hide in. And the notion that as scum I'd save a roleblock for later use in the hopes that something unexpected would happen the night I decide to use it that people might think was the cause of the roleblock is just silly.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Seol wrote:Also, where are Fuldu, Fritzler and JDodge?
holler

im watching this play out
Surfs up dude.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 am

Post by Seol »

fuldu first.
Fuldu wrote:I'm back from complicated real world difficulties, hopefully for some time.
good to have you back!
Fuldu wrote:As to the ambiguity, though, I don't think the role has been in any way ambiguous. My result on Foolster was unequivocally "not human." Foolster wasn't certain what he should claim, but that's a lack of clarity unrelated to my role results. I was told that any character that is not explicitly human would come out not human and that has been the case. I'm not even sure who the other ambiguous character you're thinking of is.
chicken boo was the other ambiguous one. yes technically it is unambiguously nonhuman but the whole point of the character is that it looks like a human, it's not unreasonable to think he might
investigate as
human.

i'm not saying you get wishy-washy results back, just that there are two roles where, for a pretty black-and-white result, it's arguably not clear to the claimant what would be returned.
Fuldu wrote:Also, I think something that's missing in the discussion of whether I am a scum-roleblocker who saved his block in order to further my lies.
oh, the point of the discussion with vitaminr (from my perspective) is not to establish what happened last night, but what happened in vitaminr's head.
Fuldu wrote:If it weren't for Thesp as an alternate explanation, such a lie would have no reasonable cover to hide in. And the notion that as scum I'd save a roleblock for later use in the hopes that something unexpected would happen the night I decide to use it that people might think was the cause of the roleblock is just silly.
i don't know what happened last night. i'm not really buying the thesp explanation - it seems pretty out-there - but i don't have any alternative theories that aren't equally out-there. but just to throw out a couple of possibles: you have a one-shot roleblock that can be used as well as your kill, you had a one-shot mass block that can be used as well as your kill, or you had noticed that thesp had a post restriction which he failed to maintain and thus was going to die and decided to block instead of kill to try and frame vitaminr as a godfather (yes, i know that would be instead of putting us in lol).

none of these are particularly good theories, i will give you that. but then neither is the thesp one, and as i don't think we're dealing with a simple straightforward situation i don't like drawing conclusions off wild-assed guesses.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 am

Post by JDodge »

Seol wrote:Also, where are Fuldu, Fritzler and JDodge?
I've been sick.

That being said I'm watching how this exchange sorts itself out.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:37 am

Post by VitaminR »

Seol, I don't think one-shot blocking powers make much sense. There's no reason to have waited this late with using them.

A scum roleblocker could work. It may explain the discrepancies in Foolster's claim.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Seol, what are your conclusions concerning me?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Hello?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Fritzler »

bump for s to the eozzle
Surfs up dude.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR wrote:Seol, what are your conclusions concerning me?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:40 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

They're Ani-mani,
Totally insane-y,
Here's the Flame-y:
ANIMANIACS!

These are the Facts:

Fuldu – 1 – Seol

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 4 – Fritzler, Fuldu, JDodge, VitaminR

All players who have not posted in the last week {Fuldu, JDodge, Seol} are being prodded. Why gee, that's over half the players! Sounds like you all would like to go to night, if there is nothing to say. Deadline is being set for September 11, 11:59 pm PST.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Seol »

re VitaminR: I started on the line of enquiry when you were throwing out what looked like very bizarre theories, which made me think perhaps you had more information about what happened last night than we did.

Conclusion: I don't buy it. There's no cast-iron contradictions but a lot of the explanations for apparent contradictions are semantic, and the thought process doesn't really make sense to me at all. Things like the "Thesp died as part of the mass block" being an afterthought after you cite the reason it occurred to you that night events were triggered by missing a post restriction were based on a game where failing post restrictions killed you don't gel - I can understand thinking it and dismissing it, but not that it didn't occur to you. I don't believe the thought process you've described is the one you actually had.

So I find different things scummy about two different people - VitR and Fuldu, who are two of the only three people who could be scum here (assuming it's Yakko) - not exactly a massively adventurous conclusion. My feeling is the case on Fuldu is stronger so my vote will remain there.

Sorry that took so long. :D
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by VitaminR »

Seol wrote:Things like the "Thesp died as part of the mass block" being an afterthought after you cite the reason it occurred to you that night events were triggered by missing a post restriction
were based on a game where failing post restrictions killed you don't gel
- I can understand thinking it and dismissing it, but not that it didn't occur to you.
I never said this. I only thought of that role in Verbose Mafia and how it was similar later.
Seol wrote:I don't believe the thought process you've described is the one you actually had.
Thought processes are always going to sound somewhat contrived if you spend so much time rooting through someone's impression of their own thinking.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Fritzler »

i fully support a semi-random lynch at this point
Surfs up dude.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:36 am

Post by VitaminR »

I have to admit I'm somewhat clueless too at the moment...

I think it's either of Fuldu and JDodge. If pressed, I'd probably go for JDodge at this point.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am

Post by JDodge »

I'd prefer Fuldu, then VitR. Enough that I am willing to
Vote: Fuldu
at the moment.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

so hard not to hammer...
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Fritzler »

oh gently caress it

following seol is never wrong

vote: fuldu

hammah
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

They're Ani-mani,
Totally insane-y,
Ehh...
ANIMANIACS!

Which this network jacks.

Fuldu – 3 – Seol, JDodge, Fritzler

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 2 – Fuldu, VitaminR

Fuldu has been lynched. Lynch scene coming right up.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Wheel of Mortality, turn turn turn...
Tell us the info that we should learn:

*DING!*

Wheel of Mortality wrote:
1.) Fuldu has received
of
votes necessary to lynch.
2.) Fuldu has therefore been lynched.
3.) Did you know the capital of Assyria is Ninevah?
4.) A Møøse once bit my sister...
5.) The average wingspeed vel-
C
R
A
S
H
!

We apologize for the fault in the Wheel of Mortality. It appears to have exploded. Those who are responsible have been sacked.

Fuldu suddenly pulls a baton from his belt. "Now I dunno what you critters want..." he says slowly, pointing at those voting for him, "but I gotta watch to make sure those lousy Warner Siblings don't get out of the Water Tower. Cuz, I uh-"... suddenly an almanac falls from his pants. "Because I fear they already are" he says quickly, turning foot while the rest of false guard clothes fall to the ground.

The town chases him to the water tower, where he stops and turns around very, very slowly. Yakko has a positively
evil
grin spreading across his face. "You've been trying to lock me and my siblings in this tower for years... but we could not allow that to happen any longer." He pulls a box from behind his back. "Constantly bickering with that dumb guard, Ralph. Constantly being 'treated' by that fool Scratchansniff. I've had quite enough." Upon turning the box, a handle is visibly protruding from the top of it. "It ends now. You may have beaten us, but none of
you
will be getting out of
this

He pushes the handle, and there is yet another:
  • C
  • R
  • A
  • S
  • H