California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by IH »

Adele wrote:Please pay close attention to the wording here - this is a subtle point, a freudian slip. "If I mention a second family, this implies that there is a first" - as if he's talking not about how things might be, but how they are.
Except that was a smart ass comment. (Good job! If I mention a second one, I'm betting theres a first)

FAIL
Gaspar wrote:In t'middle o' t' readthrough now. Finish it tomorrow n' post notes.
Who is this posting?

BM why did you answer when Thesp said he wanted to hear Adele's thoughts for himself?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Ok, Glork is on page 3 and will start posting some assorted thoughts as he goes along. I generally find that the best way to do things when I replace into a game. (Note that this is different from my "Big Game Analysis" posts, a la Kingmaker 1 and Face-To-Face. The purpose is not to bust all of the scums or anything... I'm just pointing out whatever sticks out and sending out some feeler questions. I won't even promise to have a vote by the end of all of this, because I will naturally want to see responses to my post. But, as I am never one to shy away from diving right into a replacement gig, I'm just going to churn through as much of this as my brain will allow tonight.) Also, apologies if I re-hash points that have already been said. I'm literally writing paragraphs as I read, so if I say/ask something that has already been said/asked, I'll tell you all to disregard it.

I definitely advocate the use of the Concordet voting method right from the get-go. Somebody (Skruffs, I believe) mentioned how, like any regular votes, they're free to be changed at will.

By the end of page 3, though, he seems particularly obssessed with the wagon against him. As far as I can tell, the earliest votes (aside from Oman's) were more or less random/jokey. Zindaras' tone in particular should make it obvious that he is goofing around. I am not a big fan of Skruffs' OMGUS, but I find those jumping on him (particularly VitaminR, who struck a chord with me in Post 74) to be far more suspect.
FoS: VitR

Pooky's Post 77 made me laugh, but I sortof see where he's coming from. Skruffs' logic often comes across as being odd in others' eyes. (Sidenote: I think, though, it has more to do with the presentation than the logic itself sometimes, though. But that is neither here nor there.) In fact, I was just thinking of asking VitR if he had taken Skruffs' C&H play into account when launching his Post 74 offensive. VitR? What is your meta on Skruffs, and how does that affect your opinion of him?

My predecessor's first posts are, in my opinion, uninspiring. As I said before, I *like* using the Concordet method, and I definitely see myself having multiple suspicions D1 (I usually do have at least two leads going on at once). Obvious difference in personal playstyle/philosophy.

LmL's Post 86 pinged me. Do the words "bus" or "distance" mean anything to you? Is it really unreasonable to suspect two people on opposite sides of an argument?
FoS: LmL

I'm going to ask Pooky approximately the same question I asked VitR earlier. In Post 98, you explain your stance on MoS. However, taking into account his often-flippant playstyle in the early parts of games, what distinguishing factors make you think that MoS is actually worth running up?

Oh, Logic's post 105 brings up something that I meant to address at the start of my post but forgot to do so. I'm surprised that Foolinc's post got virtually no reaction. I somewhat expected a few players to jump on it for setup/rolename speculation, but there wasn't much talk about it. For the record, I find foolinc's post to be misguided, but well-meaning. Plus points to fool.

In the meantime, Logic's "VitR gives me good protown vibes" post baffles me to no end.

Parts of DP's post 111 surprise me.
  • I disagree with his take on Jeep. Though Jeep hasn't posted the volume that others have, I think that his votes give a pretty good indication of where he stands. (Note: This is another reason that using the Concordet method from the get-go is a Good Thing.)
  • I also disagree with his take on MoS -- anybody who has played more than a couple of games with MoS knows that he
    ALWAYS
    starts his games out with a random vote
    using the Dice function
    . Since he couldn't do that, he did the next best thing. I cannot, at this time, think of a non-dice method to "prove" randomness, so I think it's entirely reasonable to take MoS's word for it that he simply made an entire list of random votes. And furthermore, as I indicated in my criticism of Pooky's stance, I don't see why it should be that big of a deal. I think that MoS's series of random-votes has generated at least as much fruitful discussion as "Hay guyz, LmL is scum cuz he talks a lot and annoys me lolololol" or a long-winded but clearly unfounded "case" against somebody as laid out by Zindaras against Skruffs.
  • VitR -- mentioned that already, though I suppose I could be arsed into explaining what I didn't like about VitR's post. Long story short, I found it opportunistic and a little overdone for Page 3 (Page 2, really, if you don't count the confirms) of the game.
  • Zindaras' play makes sense to me as somebody who made a whole lot of noise to kick off the game and then made his first observations/analyses based on that. i think that his play makes a lot of sense here, though I understand where you're coming from with the IGMEOY.
I will note that I did, however, agree with the neutral/no-read level comments, as several players have not contributed (much) up to this point. That said,
Minor FoS: DP
for his "I agree with VitR" stance. I feel like this could be a setup to go after VitR later if Skruffs turns up town (which, at this point, I find somewhat likely to be the case).
Jeep wrote:Why don't you agree? I don't understand why any pro-town role would not use a list.
Hi, QFT, kthxbai.

LmL's Post 120 reminds me of something I should've caught the first time around.
FoS: Adele
, similar to the one I levied on DP just a second ago. Pooky's stance towards MoS is bad enough. Those falling in line with that stance are worse.

DP: Could you
PLEASE
explain Post 122? Do you think there is an advantage to
NOT
using Concordet voting? Do you think that scum are more likely to use (and/or advocate the use of) Concordet voting (and if so, why)?
I am simply not seing your stanc here at all. I agree completely with Jeep's take, and I'd really like you to explain why protown players should find not-using-Concordet preferrable to using-Concordet.
Logicticus wrote:Jeep, does that mean in a regular game that all pro town roles should always be voting?
YES! Absolutely yes! The vote is the protown player's best weapon. It should virtually
always
be used unless a player has a very distinct reason for not using (such as at/near endgame or wanting to prove a point by withholding it).

To expand on Jeep's point (just read Post 137), a vote (or series of votes, such as the case may be) is an official advocation for a lynch on the subject(s). If you're protown, it is assumed that you are voting your top suspect(s). If you are protown, you should have a vested interest inseeing your top suspect(s) lynched. Thus, it is always advantageous to list a preference of players as accurately as possible, because under the Concordet system, that gives the best chances of having somebody at/near the top of your suspect list lynched. That is why, in general, it is useful to use Concordet voting.

The reason it is useful in early-game (some people have said "I'll do it later, but it's pointless now) is because it gives a quick sum-up of your current suspicions. This is important for numerous reasons:
  • People can see the progression of your suspicions. If you're town, you've got nothing to hide, so you should be able to respond to any inquiries as to why your suspicions have shifted or adjusted.
  • An extension of the above point, forcing scum to constantly list all of their top suspects in order limits their ability to suddenly or strategically launch a new attack on a different player. While it does not completely eliminate this possibility ("I just did a re-read on Adele's posts, and I find her to be scummy for these reasons...."), it forces scums to keep up some similar threads of thought/suspicion
    from the very start of the day
    . It's *MUCH* easier to catch flip-flops and inconsistencies if we have repeated detailed lists of suspects.
Mgm wrote:If you use a list, you should do the legwork and explain why every single individual is on it and why each of them is in the position they're in. Otherwise, we're still clueless on voting reasons if it comes to a deadline lynch.
If you want somebody to explain their list, ask them exactly why they have voted the way they have, in that order. Sometimes a player will not have the time to adequately explain his thoughts.
As a reference, see this post and the following excerpt from this post:
Glork, C&H Mafia wrote:So... it seems that that Thok and I are literally the only players in the game who were absent throughout this entire thing. Truth be told, I don't remember what I was doing around that time, or what my activity level was on the rest of the site. I honestly have virtually no recollection of what happened. I can say that I would've jumped on Emp had I been paying more attention to the game at that point, but that's a claim that can't be validated in the least. What I *do* remember, however, is seeing a sudden burst of "OMG EMP IS SCUM!" And a series of votes and confirm votes. Having not properly grasped the situation, I believe (though I cannot say for certain) that my "MM, VitR, SV?" post was my reaction to thinking that Emp had been quick-wagoned due to the deadline, and that his lynch was probably a mislynch.
In that game, I felt it was important to post my gut thoughts/reaction to a situation, even though I didn't have the time to properly analyze the situation at the time. Still, I wanted to note my reactions so that I could refer to it later. Players did ask me about that post and my thoughts/actions (at least half a dozen times *rolls eyes*), and I explained them.

Basically, the philosophy is that anything is better than nothing. A protown player should have little problem expressing his weighted suspicions. He should also have relatively little trouble expanding upon those suspicions when asked to. Mgm, DP:
NOTHING
is stopping you from asking Jeep to explain his lists. Yet instead of doing that, you have both chosen to simply attack him for his chosen play.
Major FoS: DP, Mgm

CES wrote:Adding players to a list won't magically tell the town what people are thinking, Oman. If you want to know who someone suspects, just ask them, which is true of every game.
Failure. Adding players to the list
will
tell you what you're thinking. It just won't tell people
why
you're thinking it. However, in a game like this, stating your conclusion generally invites questions as to reasons and motives. I find this post particularly uninspiring. In light of CES's prior lack of content, I think it's enough for a
FoS: CES

There is obvious a growing rift here, as VitR has jumped in to the Jeep-camp and ZZ/CES believe that DP's behavior is in the right. I'm actually really liking this conflict now, for all of the info it will provide later.
I would strongly suggest that, later in the game, players come back and revisit this entire debate.
Obviously, I don't yet know what it'll lead to, but I can pretty much guarantee that it will have some Good Information when all is said and done. I'm not sure whether that information will come out until we've seen some bodies, but this is the sort of stuff that people should absolutely pay attention to when looking back on Day One.

Post 158 by foolinc makes me cringe. Brief thoughts on anybody, but the only one he definitely describes as scummy are Skruffs and Jeep.
FoS: foolinc
for what looks like a suspicion-sheep post if ever I saw one.

<--- I am at Post 160, and my eyes are finally starting to glaze over --->

I think I've done more than enough for one night. I want to see the fallout of my grand entrance, as I'm sure there will be a great deal to respond to. In the meantime...

Vote: Dragon Phoenix
, Mgm, foolinc, Adele, CES, Xyzzy, LoudmouthLee
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Oh, I should probably ask about any relevant claims... I didn't realize we were close to deadline.

Could somebody link me to all relevant claims/information that has been made thus far?

Thankee. <3
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Also, a brief addendum to my votes, as I somehow missed including VitR:
Unvote
Vote: Dragon Phoenix
, Mgm, foolinc, Adele, CES, VitaminR, Xyzzy, LoudmouthLee
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

I think this whole logic of "if Skruffs turns out to be innocent than it means Cubs is scum" is a great big pile of crap logic. As town I think part of my duty is to not only ensure that scum is lynched but work towards that in part by ensuring people that I think are town are not lynched. I do not think it is scummy to defend somebody that you think is town. It's something that could be scummy but to use that alone was somehow evidence that I am ultra-scum does not work.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by foolinc »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:I think this whole logic of "if Skruffs turns out to be innocent than it means Cubs is scum" is a great big pile of crap logic. As town I think part of my duty is to not only ensure that scum is lynched but work towards that in part by ensuring people that I think are town are not lynched. I do not think it is scummy to defend somebody that you think is town. It's something that could be scummy but to use that alone was somehow evidence that I am ultra-scum does not work.
You defending Skruffs isn't good enough alone, however the fact you've been pretty inactive AND in the few posts you have made have done almost nothing besides defend Skruffs.

Your posts

0: confirm post
1: Defense of Skruffs
2: Defense of Skruffs
3: Defense of Skruffs; compares to LML
4: Attacks LML; defense of skruffs
5: Votes for LML citing odd behavior
6: Defense of self
7: Defense of self

So not only our you defending Skruffs, but you are voting for LML for doing the same thing Skruffs is, being himself.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

Cubs: Defending someone isn't scummy in itself, but defending someone THAT early, when I don't see how you could have a definite feeling about their innocence does ring alarm bells. Plus it was only 4 votes, with many more needed to lynch. What were you worried about?
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by foolinc »

My apologizes for the grammar errors with my post. I'm pretty tired and hit submit when I wanted to hit preview. Here's want I wanted to say:

Defending Skruffs isn't a good enough reason for lynching you. However, the facts that you have been pretty inactive and in the few posts you have made, they've almost all been about defending Skruffs.

Your posts

0: confirm post
1: Defense of Skruffs
2: Defense of Skruffs
3: Defense of Skruffs; compares to LML
4: Attacks LML; defense of skruffs
5: Votes for LML citing odd behavior
6: Defense of self about not lurking
7: Defense of self in general

After looking at your posts again, you look even scummier since you defend Skruffs for being Skruffs, but attacking LML because he was beening his overagressive self.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

Cubsfan4ever: 4 (Battle Mage/jeep, foolinc, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
LoudmouthLee: 4 (Cubsfan4ever, IH/Oman, Skruffs, Thesp)
Battle Mage/jeep: 3 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Dragon Phoenix, Mgm)
Dragon Phoenix: 2 (Adele, Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels)
Skruffs: 2 (LoudmouthLee, VitaminR)
foolinc: 1 (Tamuz/Thestatusquo)
IH/Oman: 1 (logicticus)
Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels: 1 (xyzzy)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: Battle Mage/jeep, LoudmouthLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Skruffs wrote:VitaminR:
I understand now. Some of my behavior is cool, but some of it you don't like. You didn't say that at first, of course, which is why you were misunderstood, but now I understand. You think that some of my behavior (like being defensive when people are calling me stupid and wagoning me for no apparent reason) is BAD, and some it is
I did say that at first. Pointless discussion, though.
Skruffs wrote:Huh. That's interesting, because it's already been discussed that your initial posts in the wagon to get Skruffs lynched were mostly just baiting me. So to vote me for taking bait that YOU set, that's odd. But allright. This is a 'type
Regardless of what you may think, it wasn't baiting you.
Skruffs wrote:Which is okay... if LML does it, right? Because that's how LML is.
I don't think LML did that.
Skruffs wrote:The LML vote came right after I realized the deadline was getting close, after a week of him being obnoxious with ill-founded accusations and overly absolute statements about various players in the game. I was at five votes, he was at four. He was also voting me with no intentions to change. I voted him. Call that opportunistic, if you want..
That's fair enough.
Skruffs wrote:You can just keep your vote on me for misusing the word "misrepresentation" and being defensive, VitR. After all,
You don't want me to claim, you just want me to die.
The reason I don't want you to claim is because I don't think there are enough people on your wagon to warrant it.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by Mgm »

Talitha wrote:Cubs: Defending someone isn't scummy in itself, but defending someone THAT early, when I don't see how you could have a definite feeling about their innocence does ring alarm bells. Plus it was only 4 votes, with many more needed to lynch. What were you worried about?
Perhaps he was worried about someone pushing a faulty case too far? I don't think the attacks on DP have merit, so I defend him. There is a chance I change my opinion later, but someone who is getting attacked with what you perceive to be craplogic (or one of its cousins) is enough reason to save them from a day one lynch.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Gaspar wrote:Pooky's Post 77 made me laugh, but I sortof see where he's coming from. Skruffs' logic often comes across as being odd in others' eyes. (Sidenote: I think, though, it has more to do with the presentation than the logic itself sometimes, though. But that is neither here nor there.) In fact, I was just thinking of asking VitR if he had taken Skruffs' C&H play into account when launching his Post 74 offensive. VitR? What is your meta on Skruffs, and how does that affect your opinion of him?
Except for certain moments in C&H, Skruffs has seemed quite reasonable to me in the games I've played with him. To me, when he starts shouting more than he is thinking is when something is off (I got this feeling towards the end of Mostly Mute). Mostly, though, I suppose I don't have that much experience with Skruffsscum.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by Mgm »

Skruffs wrote:MGM - Could you explain why you want BM to die so much? And can you explain why you do not want DP to be lynched, considering he tried to get me lynched earlier in the day for doing the same thing with you?
You kind of haven't talked much about DP at all - so it's kind of weird (to me, which usually means nothing) that you would not only ignore possible scum tells found against him, but then actually defend the person who made them, and question the people who noticed them. I got bumped up in your condorcet for pointing out that DP seems to think there are two mafia families, and you seem to be putting the burden of proof on us
to prove there's not
, whereas I would expect someone with an *ambivalent* viewpoint to be more curious as to why DP went so far as to say that not only
were
there two, but that he even knew two people from each one. You do not seem to have an ambivalent viewpoint, though. Cool.
Considering the speculation/suggestion there might be two families scummy, is something I wouldn't agree with, but I would understand. Saying he DP claims there ARE two families is twisting his words.

As for Jeep/BM (all numbers apply to his filtered posts). I want him lynched for what Jeep said early in the game:

(6): "The only reason I can see for NOT using a list in your vote is if you are scum and haven't yet figured out how you plan to make your list so that it reduces your risk while not tipping your hand."

(7): "The only reason for not using a list is because you are scum and haven't had time to work out with your scum buddies what is the right way to use it to your advantage."

(8): "There is just no reason not to unless you are scum."

(9): In response to my comment: "I don't particularly like using Concordet voting this early in the game when everything is still too hazy" Jeep says: "But anyone discouraging the use of a list is scummy, IMO."

(11): "I think they only need to be justified if you want people to follow you. Even then, you don't always need to justify them."

In short:
a. He starts out by saying that there's no reason not to use the list unless you're scum who hasn't discussed it with his buddies, or not figured a way to use it to your advantage, but later changes it to saying that by saying that "I don't like using Condorcet voting" discourages other people from doing so - which isn't true and is change to what he first said. (aka backpeddeling)
b. Jeep claimed that votes only need to be justified if people want to follow you. Complete and utter bullocks. Votes need to be justified so you can use someone's vote to deduce their intentions.

Inadvertent smilie disabled. - Mod
Show
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:I think this whole logic of "if Skruffs turns out to be innocent than it means Cubs is scum" is a great big pile of crap logic. As town I think part of my duty is to not only ensure that scum is lynched but work towards that in part by ensuring people that I think are town are not lynched. I do not think it is scummy to defend somebody that you think is town. It's something that could be scummy but to use that alone was somehow evidence that I am ultra-scum does not work.
This is actually a good post. I believe i said the exact same thing in another game quite recently, and i can actually relate to what you are saying. Unfortunately, i dont think your behaviour can be completely forgiven, but i'm willing to give you a little respite.

Unvote
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Mgm »

Thanks for fixing that smiley situation, mod.
Show
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Talitha »

BattleMage:
the mod wrote:deadline is September 10th, 9:30 GMT
Respite is not helpful right now, neither is unvoting. We need to get more bloodthirsty otherwise we'll end up with the situation that I sneered at and said would bever happen! (Condorcet lynch).
BM,even scum can make up nice-sounding posts. Your 'I'll give you a break for now but reserve my right to jump back on the bandwagon' post is making me start to look at you with more interest.
Mgm wrote:Perhaps he was worried about someone pushing a faulty case too far? I don't think the attacks on DP have merit, so I defend him. There is a chance I change my opinion later, but someone who is getting attacked with what you perceive to be craplogic (or one of its cousins) is enough reason to save them from a day one lynch.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but this doesn't apply here as Skruffs was nowhere near in any danger of being lynched at that time. There
was
no case for the Skruff's lynch at that point, but I would expect people with true town intentions to be interestly weighing up the evidence that the bandwagon was generating. The only reason i can see for opposing that bandwagon at that point is a scum who is trying to appear nice and benign and town-ish. I don't believe Cubs would have had enough of a conviction that Skruffs is innocent to act the way he did that early on, if he were a clueless townie.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

I meant
never
, and
interestedly
. Sorry, I will preview from now on.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

@Talitha-what you say is true, but i dont want to intentionally mislynch here. Atm my vote is most likely to go to DP, though if necessary i will go back to Cubs in order to assure a lynch.
Dont worry-i'm as bloodthirsty as they come. I just try and employ a little logic first.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK, just as long as you are aware that somebody gotta be strung up, and soon :D
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

I could be wrong but I think Primate was talking with an OUTRAGEOUS accent on AIM yesterday, if he transfers that typing style on here it would help differentiate the two.

I feel bad for that growing pile of [b]s and :)s that the mod is accumulating. Where do inadvertent smilies go, anyways?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

The problem isn't in assuming there are two families, but DP, at that point, was answering a question I had asked about me vs cubs. He wanted me lynched - and if I turned up innocent, he wanted cubs lynched. I accused him of trying to cover his bases, and asked why he didn't factor in what would happen if I came up scum (the obv answer is because he didn't originally think I would come up scum), etc, etc, and him implying that cubs may be in a second family was his answer.

WHere's Pooky? I asked him some questions he didn't answer.
Thanks Tamuz, btw.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

Gaspar wrote:An extension of the above point, forcing scum to constantly list all of their top suspects in order limits their ability to suddenly or strategically launch a new attack on a different player. While it does not completely eliminate this possibility ("I just did a re-read on Adele's posts, and I find her to be scummy for these reasons...."), it forces scums to keep up some similar threads of thought/suspicion from the very start of the day. It's *MUCH* easier to catch flip-flops and inconsistencies if we have repeated detailed lists of suspects.
I wanted to lift this out of Glork's analysis because I pretty much one hundred percent agree with it. I am very much enjoying the Condorcet voting in this game, and it gives us a lot more easy discussion topics that help with catching scum.
ZZ
Who's ZZ?

Eh, there's a lot of theory discussion in Glork's post, but then again he hasn't gotten through all of the game yet.
Zindaras wrote:I'd also like more people to provide input on xyzzy.
I am going to quote this in every subsequent post I make until people actually start responding to it.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Thesp »

foolinc wrote:So not only our you defending Skruffs, but you are voting for LML for doing the same thing Skruffs is, being himself.
foolinc wrote:After looking at your posts again, you look even scummier since you defend Skruffs for being Skruffs, but attacking LML because he was beening his overagressive self.
To suggest that LoudmouthLee is being voted for "being himself" is a gross oversimplification.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:23 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

To suggest that LoudmouthLee is being voted for "being himself" is a gross oversimplification.

No. It's not. There still hasn't even been a remotely decent case on me. So far, you're voting me because:

-You dont agree with the scumtell I cited (and, while I'm at it, Thesp, do you think Zin's playing a pro-town game?)

-You think that my anger at Scruffs is manufactured.

-You think I'm being too aggressive.

(nods) You have one kickass case.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Thesp »

LoudmouthLee wrote:

No. It's not. There still hasn't even been a remotely decent case on me. So far, you're voting me because:

-You dont agree with the scumtell I cited (and, while I'm at it, Thesp, do you think Zin's playing a pro-town game?)

-You think that my anger at Scruffs is manufactured.

-You think I'm being too aggressive.

(nods) You have one kickass case.
I suspect we've entered the slapfight phase of the argument, where we go, "Yes it is"/"No it isn't"/"Yes it is"/"No it isn't". I'm a little uncertain as to where to go after that.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”