Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by Aimee »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Twomz wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to say that para... there is such a thing as "bussing" or "distancing." If it would help give a mafiaso an almost clear ride to the endgame... why not sacrifice one of your buddies? And if the lynch doesn't go through, and somehow the person who was attacked on Day 1 gets NKed and is shown as scum, the scum buddies would have a very nice "I told you so" to sit back on to help them stay off others scumdars.
But it's not likely.
Why not? Are you suggesting scum want to join every single thing they think could be a bandwagon? If so, that's a horribly stupid tactic for them.

I do agree that pdcakes' change of opinion about Adam is incredibly suspect, as is his now OMGUS suspicion of Twomz.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Adam The Amazing wrote:Actually, pdcakes, I would have to say that you're at the top of my personal scumlist. I say this because you kept the note suggestion around long after it had been dropped by everyone else, and I got the same feeling as Twomz about your shifting position. Even in context it seems like you're flip-flopping. I just can't shake the feeling that you're not telling the truth in your posts. I could be wrong, but that's what I get from it.
The "if" thing, if nothing else, seems to show that you're being overly cautious about what you say and how you say it... possibly a cautious mafia, as was stated earlier.
Unvote: Thin_Man, FOS: pdcakes
. Not the fourth. Not yet.
sort of contradicting yourself here...you think that pdcakes is being a cautious mafia, however, you also claim that he hung to an idea long after everyone else dropped it...does that sound like a cautious mafia to you?..seems to me, a cautious mafia might try to blend...might even join a bandwagon without actually placing a vote...that seems pretty cautious to me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Touché. I actually thought about posting something to that effect, that right after I talked about a cautious mafia I was cautious in not placing my fourth vote. I decided against it because I thought it kind of obvious; I'm really liking the pace of discussion going on, I'm liking the amount of content, and I'm just not ready to get there (L-3) quite yet. I felt like my talking about purposely not placing the vote was me putting myself clearly on the bandwagon, without ambiguity.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Aimee wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
Twomz wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to say that para... there is such a thing as "bussing" or "distancing." If it would help give a mafiaso an almost clear ride to the endgame... why not sacrifice one of your buddies? And if the lynch doesn't go through, and somehow the person who was attacked on Day 1 gets NKed and is shown as scum, the scum buddies would have a very nice "I told you so" to sit back on to help them stay off others scumdars.
But it's not likely.
Why not? Are you suggesting scum want to join every single thing they think could be a bandwagon? If so, that's a horribly stupid tactic for them.
When I'm scum I usually make some kind of effort to bandwagon other people more than my scumbuddies. I don't think that's so stupid and I think scum's relationship with their buddies is a more reliable tell than someone just changing their mind. Rant time.
Paradoxombie wrote: I do agree that pdcakes' change of opinion about Adam is incredibly suspect, as is his now OMGUS suspicion of Twomz.
Do you really think people changing their mind is automatically scummy? It happens. And you don't even have an explanation for why it would benefit scum to have the stance pd changed to, that is, you don't know if adam is actually town. Aditionally you guys make a big deal about OMGUS but, seriously, haven't you ever noticed that when someone is attacking you it looks alot worse to you than to everyone else. It practically always looks like their twisting words or warping what you said. Explanation: You know what you thought, but the person only knows what you wrote. And you guys attack him for bring it up for so long when he was jsut trying to explain himself to people who were directly questioning him. So there, I think your suspcion has an even worse foundation than mine, but because mine requires thought and explanation you guys dismiss it(*cough*SirWario*cough*).

Twomz himself advocated thinking outside the box and but because my idea requires seeing what didn't happen instead of what did you guys think it's somehow worse than common tells. Your argument against mine is that scum and this game in general are so unpredictable and yet you rely on %100 tired predictability to find scum. If anything is going to lose us the game, it's sticking to convention. Even if this was the scum's first game as scum they still know exactly what to do from playing as town. Seriously I'm not trying to run a crusade against Twomz here, but everyone suddenly wants to explain away my suspicion with alternate possiblities, well now I've done it for yours as well, does that make it a Null Tell? If you haven't noticed we don't have much to go on, atm. In conclusion,
Fos: Twomz and Pdcakes
if only because there's nothing else happening.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:20 am

Post by SirWario »

Ha, it looked like you were admonishing yourself by attributing Aimee's quote to yourself.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:39 am

Post by GodOfWine »

SirWario is making me a little suspicious, with the way that he posts relatively frequently but so far has not actually offered an opinion about any players besides attributing pdcakes impatience to newbiness rather than scumminess. He tends more to talk about game theory questions inseatd of events that are specific to this game. I'm pretty sure he is still voting for curiouskarmadog, who coincidentally has posted opinions (ex: about the no-lynch) that are very similar to SirWario's. I think it's just a leftover from the random voting phase, but if it's not I would like some substance. Anyway, SirWario, consider this a warning that your ambiguity will no longer go unnoticed.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Not much has changed vote-count

pdcakes 3 - GodofWine, Twomz, Paradoxombie
ryan 1 - Adele
Kabenon 1 - Aimee
Sir Wario 1 - Thin_Man
Paradoxombie 1 - pdcakes
Twomz 1 - Ryan
Curiouskarmadog 1 - Sir Wario

Not voting - Kabenon, AdamtheAmazing, Curiouskarmadog

I'll check activity aswell, although all seems pretty darn hot so far. So cheers guys and girls.
Last edited by theopor_COD on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Yeah my bad about that bottom quote, but it doesn't really matter that it's from Aimee because I'm mostly responding to the general opinion which several players have.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by Aimee »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Aimee wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
But it's not likely.
When I'm scum I usually make some kind of effort to bandwagon other people more than my scumbuddies. I don't think that's so stupid and I think scum's relationship with their buddies is a more reliable tell than someone just changing their mind.
Nope.

Scum don't all play the same as you. To say, "oh I play scum like this, therefore the scum will be playing like this," is flawed. As for bandwagoning scumbuddies, they can do it for distancing, or to fit in, in case their scumbuddy is certain to be lynched.

(Also, we have no real way of telling if they were bussing or bandwagoning on Day 1, since no alignments or roles have been revealed.)
Paradoxombie wrote:
Aimee wrote: I do agree that pdcakes' change of opinion about Adam is incredibly suspect, as is his now OMGUS suspicion of Twomz.
Do you really think people changing their mind is automatically scummy? It happens. And you don't even have an explanation for why it would benefit scum to have the stance pd changed to, that is, you don't know if adam is actually town. Aditionally you guys make a big deal about OMGUS but, seriously, haven't you ever noticed that when someone is attacking you it looks alot worse to you than to everyone else. It practically always looks like their twisting words or warping what you said. Explanation: You know what you thought, but the person only knows what you wrote. And you guys attack him for bring it up for so long when he was jsut trying to explain himself to people who were directly questioning him. So there, I think your suspcion has an even worse foundation than mine, but because mine requires thought and explanation you guys dismiss it(*cough*SirWario*cough*).
It's not changing your mind. It's a bit stronger than that. His
entire
position changed from "we shouldn't use the note" to "if we're going to random lynch someone it should be Adam."

Changing stance is scummy, because in more seriously cases, they could flip flop in their lynch targets to save their scumbuddy from lynching. According to you, they would be able to use the "I was just changing my mind!" defense which is flawed.
Paradoxombie wrote:In conclusion,
:shock:

Didn't you just spend an entire paragraph defending pdcakes' behaviour? Why are you therefore FoSing him?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Aimee wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:In conclusion,
:shock:

Didn't you just spend an entire paragraph defending pdcakes' behaviour? Why are you therefore FoSing him?
I was just trying make a point by showing how every suspicion is really circumstancial. Just because a tell has alternate explanation doesn't mean that you have to dismiss it entirely.
-George Washington

So it goes.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:32 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount updated. Everyone's checked in since last votecount on Monday - mind Thin_Man hasn't posted since Monday so he gets a prod tomorrow if he doesn't check in. If anyone else deserves prodding lemme know.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:44 am

Post by Twomz »

Sporadic access this weekend.

Nothing really new to add anyway, need to reread the last 2 pages, they're running together in my head.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

ah, I totally forgot I'm still voting pdcakes at random!
Unvote
-George Washington

So it goes.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by SirWario »

I really haven't seen anything too supicious yet. I'm not really seeing pdcakes as scum right now. Everyone is using his remark "I would choose Adam to lynch to find out if the note was true." To me, it appeared he suggesting an alternative to random lynching with the idea that random lynching consists of choosing someone haphazardly with no evidence at all(this is where I saw his newbiness come into play). He didn't seem to grasp the concept of discussion and using it to find the most supect. He thought if we're going to lynch someone random, then why not choose adam and find out if the not is true.

GOW, nearly everyone still has their random vote on. The only real votes are yours and twomz on pdcakes.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:08 am

Post by GodOfWine »

My mistake, GodWario.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Did you just try to take his last name?

... And here I thought the wedding season was winding down.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 am

Post by GodOfWine »

There's always time for one last hurrah.

I just don't know too many prefixes that are loftier than "sir". KingWario?
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:43 am

Post by SirWario »

God and king both describe me quite well. Either's fine. Perhaps MaestroWario?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:31 pm

ryan, why arent you out there stirring up conversation? The last game we played together you were out there mixing it up at all costs..because "that was your play style"..why so quiet now?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Sending various prods later - get on with things or a deadline will be installed. I like deadlines.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:15 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ryan, why arent you out there stirring up conversation? The last game we played together you were out there mixing it up at all costs..because "that was your play style"..why so quiet now?
I haven't seen anything that I can jump on yet.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:20 am

Post by GodOfWine »

Okay ryan here's something to jump on.

People from Iowa are usually scum. It's science.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:52 am

ryan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:ryan, why arent you out there stirring up conversation? The last game we played together you were out there mixing it up at all costs..because "that was your play style"..why so quiet now?
I haven't seen anything that I can jump on yet.
hmm, well there is three votes on pdcakes, Adam's contradiction, the fact we are on page 6 and still in the random vote stage...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:14 am

Post by GodOfWine »

curiouskarmadog wrote:hmm, well there is three votes on pdcakes,
Adam's contradiction,
the fact we are on page 6 and still in the random vote stage...
Is this just him saying that the note is false, or did he contradict himself somewhere and I missed it?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:15 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I don't think we as a group are in the random vote stage. There are a few people who are still stuck in that stage, though I don't really know why. I'm kinda leaning toward Zombie. I really don't have proof, need to re-read. But it's a hunch
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”