Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #3

Flameaxe[4](Rump-Wat, Dr. Blackstrike, Oman, vollkan)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](tyhess)

Not Voting[7](Mastermind of Sin, ac1983fan, theopor_COD, pwayne66, curiouskarmadog, Trojan Horse, Flameaxe)

---

Mastermind of Sin and ac1983fan have been prodded.

Maybe my logic is off, but this is the way I think. Oh well. Plus, I feel that I've explained my vote before well enough in my opinion, but I'm gonna unvote: Dr. Blackstrike for now, at least until I hear some thoughts from him.
My main thought is that we've wasted valuble time talking about me. That, and I think you're scum looking for an easy lynch, but I doubt you wanted to hear that.
Secondly I need to read, but why have several ppl attacked MoS for not appearing and not say Rump-Wat or myself. Seems kinda odd.
I think it was because MoS what posting elsewhere.
These 3 faction games are interesting as the scum should go after the cult, as they will grow, making it hard if not impossible to get the 50% endgame, while town goes down/stays stable.
However, we have to garrentee that the mafia will specifcally go after the cult. Now if we could arange for some more incentive for them to help us...
I think that we shouldn't force townies to claim, but lynching them isn't too bad an idea.
This brings uo an interesting point: will the mafia kill a claimed townie, trying to hurt the cult?

Meh, I need to think more.

-Doc "Whew, for a minute I thought I would be lynched in two games at once" Blackstrike
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:13 am

Post by pwayne66 »

There is one way around all the controversy: Nobody claim vanilla townie until the recruiter is dead. I think that is at the root of everything. If nobody claims, nobody gets lynched and nobody appears scummy for going after townies.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:50 am

Post by vollkan »

Pwayne wrote: There is one way around all the controversy: Nobody claim vanilla townie until the recruiter is dead. I think that is at the root of everything. If nobody claims, nobody gets lynched and nobody appears scummy for going after townies.
Well, there are two circumstances where people might claim:
1) My randomly mentioning it in discussion (I have seen this in other games, people just saying "I'm vanilla")
or;
2) At L-1 if they are forced to claim

1) is always a bad idea even in a regular game and here it provides a good case for being lynched.

2) is slightly more complicated. If a vanilla is at L-1 and is asked to claim, they basically have 3 choices:
a) Claim vanilla = Lynched
b) Don't claim anything = By not claiming they are indicating they are vanilla (or potentially scum/cult leader who does not want to risk claiming a power role). Hence, they are effectively doing the same thing as a).
c) Claim a power role. This gives rise to another 3:
i) They claim a role which nobody else has. No counter-claim & probably NKed
ii) They get counter-claimed. They will be lynched and counter-claimer gets NKed. Not good, obviously.
iii) They claim a role someone else has, but that person does not counter-claim. This should cause the power-claiming vanilla to be NKed. If not, then things get confusing.

All in all, things are messy...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

bold is me.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Maybe my logic is off, but this is the way I think. Oh well. Plus, I feel that I've explained my vote before well enough in my opinion, but I'm gonna unvote: Dr. Blackstrike for now, at least until I hear some thoughts from him.
My main thought is that we've wasted valuble time talking about me. That, and I think you're scum looking for an easy lynch, but I doubt you wanted to hear that.

Well, I do not think anything is being wasted talking about you and your ideas. Your crazy theory has gotten the town moving and in Day 1 that is very important. So no, I do not think anything is wasted talking about you
Secondly I need to read, but why have several ppl attacked MoS for not appearing and not say Rump-Wat or myself. Seems kinda odd.
I think it was because MoS what posting elsewhere.

I voted MoS to start pressuring the lurkers, his name was the first on the list.

These 3 faction games are interesting as the scum should go after the cult, as they will grow, making it hard if not impossible to get the 50% endgame, while town goes down/stays stable.
However, we have to garrentee that the mafia will specifcally go after the cult. Now if we could arange for some more incentive for them to help us...

uhhh, like what? Again, this statement doesnt sound like it is coming from a town perspective. Maybe there is a reason you are "almost" getting lynched in every game (even though you werent close here)

Vollkan brings up some good points, mostly I think Dr. BS's idea was radical for the game, but I can see where he is coming from( I think with some help from Pwayne). I do not agree with his initial idea and plan of action, but I can see where he is coming from (or at least where he was going). What concerns me is that it is obvious that his comments are not coming from a vanilla town prespective. Which means he is either scum or a power role. That being said, I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD CLAIM Day 1. There has been a lot of talk about claiming or when to claim, but I do not think it is a good idea. I also do not think Dr. BS is a good lynch for Day 1. I think our lurkers need to comment as well.

MOD please prod ac1983fan and Mastermind of Sin
Theo you left ac1983fan off your list, but I dont find that "kinda odd" (smirk)...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:54 am

Post by vollkan »

Cross-posted.
CKD wrote: That being said, I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD CLAIM Day 1. There has been a lot of talk about claiming or when to claim, but I do not think it is a good idea.
See my post above for how messy the claiming thing is. The only circumstance where claiming today will be pro-town is if you are a power role at L-1, other than that a claim will likely be of no help.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:59 am

right right, I agree that L-1 it is important to claim if you are a power role, just so the town doesnt lynch you, but the mafia will get you the following night...pretty screwed either way..but claiming at L-1 does help the town in the short run.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Meh CKD I didn't even look at the list of entrants lol.

I'll get round to this later with some luck.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (9) = 9
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:03 am

Vote: Dr. Blackstrike
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 am

Why is everyone voting Flameaxe? I'm with Theopor that it's odd that I was mentioned for having not posted (I didn't know the game had started and I was watching for it in Theme Park), but everyone else is ignored. I know for a fact that Theopor was posting, because he and I just finished a game together where he was nightkilled right before the game ended.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:40 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why is everyone voting Flameaxe? I'm with Theopor that it's odd that I was mentioned for having not posted (I didn't know the game had started and I was watching for it in Theme Park), but everyone else is ignored. I know for a fact that Theopor was posting, because he and I just finished a game together where he was nightkilled right before the game ended.

first off all, not everyone was "attacking" you..it was just me, I have played with you before and know you tend to type a lot and was concerned about your lack of typing here. I started with you because you were the first lurker on the list...and had my vote on you for about 3 seconds once the Dr. BS's post came out. I figured you didnt know about the game (that is why I asked for a prod)...

we still have not heard from acfan, chances are he doesnt know the game has started, as well??
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:10 am

I never said I was "attacked". You're putting words in my mouth.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:36 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I never said I was "attacked". You're putting words in my mouth.
right, think Theo used the word attacked
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Flameaxe »

That time was not wasted. It got discussion about you -and- me. I never pushed a quicklynch on you, I pushed my opinions on my actions.

Also, regarding those just recently joining...it's only page 4, maybe they really didn't see that the game was up yet, not a huge issue here.
Dr. BS wrote:This brings uo an interesting point: will the mafia kill a claimed townie, trying to hurt the cult?
There is no way to tell, but if any mafia wish to come out and state their opinion on the issue, please do.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Good morning. Checking in, reading over the recent posts...

My apologies, MoS, on focusing on your lack of posting in this game. I guess it was more noticeable than the absence of acfan or theopor, since you're more well-known on this site (IMO). But anyway...

I am now realizing what I always realize when I play in the scumchat room; my scumdar is broken. I don't know about this bandwagon on Flameaxe; to me, he hasn't acted any scummier than anyone else. Then again, I don't know who else to go after.

*gives scumdar a good swift kick*

Maybe that will work...
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am

Post by ac1983fan »

sorry, forgot to put this on my watchlist.
readthrough and thoughts soon.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:06 am

Post by ac1983fan »

As of page 2, my only thoughts are that DRB is protown but flawed.
more tomorrow
Not a dayvig.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Oman »

I agree with Volkan, and it seems the best thing to do is not counterclaim anypowerrole claims, leading to lynch and NK...unless...oh I don't know. But Volkan did a great bit there.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Rump-Wat
Rump-Wat
Townie
Rump-Wat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Rump-Wat »

Just for the record, my vote on Flameaxe was and is totally random.
expensive + pointless = stupid
pearls = expensive + pointless
oysters = pearls
oysters = stupid
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by vollkan »

Just for the record, my vote on Flameaxe was and is totally random.
Then unvote.
MoS wrote: Why is everyone voting Flameaxe?
Trojan wrote: I don't know about this bandwagon on Flameaxe; to me, he hasn't acted any scummier than anyone else.
I'll give my reasons:
1) Making a serious vote for BS on the basis of BS being 'culty'. A nonsensical justification (and possibly a freudian one)
2) Justifying the vote on the basis of pressure and discussion. BS was already talking and discussion was already happening
3) Misrepresenting the case for lynching claimed vanillas, presumably to legitimise his vote on BS
Rump-Wat
Rump-Wat
Townie
Rump-Wat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Rump-Wat »

Well, I didn't unvote because he
did
seem kind of suspicious. But, he doesn't seem so suspicious now.

Unvote: Flameaxe
expensive + pointless = stupid
pearls = expensive + pointless
oysters = pearls
oysters = stupid
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 am

Post by pwayne66 »

The world according to pwayne:

Mastermind of Sin- I'm not thrilled about his random vote in the middle of page 4 or his lack of an apology for his absence. It's not that I need an apology, or that accidents don't happen, It would just show some sort of interest in helping the town.

Oman- Can't get a good feel on him. Has posted calm and reasonable insight. Has his sights on Flameaxe and I don't know that I blame him.

ac1983fan- I can't anything here.

vollkan- seems legit. suspicions of flameaxe might be a little aggressive.

Dr. Blackstrike- early questions cast suspicions about his loyalty. I have no particular reason to believe him town but don't think that his question betray his allegiance.

curiouskarmadog- first to jump on Dr. BS and his questions were legit. May have stayed on the "Dr. BS bandwagon" too long though.

tyhess- continues to vote Dr. BS b/c he is "weird". This seems, well... weird.

Trojan Horse- seems intent on contributing to the discussion

Flameaxe- Seems a tad defensive. that's not scumtell but it should be noted. Like CKD, I can appreciate a little pressure on the doc intially, but he seems to try too hard too build a case that isn't there.

Rump-Wat- His "Flameaxe was suspicious and now isn't but initially it was a random vote" stance is bothersome. I would like to know specifically what was suspicious about flameaxe and what happened to stop the suspicion.

theopor_COD- was absent for quite a while and as far as I am concerned is still. Can't list any real pros or cons.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:19 am

pwayne, if you do some research, I always random vote when I enter a game. I've done it on later pages than page 4 before.
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Just wanted to give you all fair warning; my posting will be somewhat limited the next several days. (As if it wasn't already...) I just found out that I need to make the final formatting changes to my Ph.D. thesis within the next week. Otherwise, I will have to register for a class to continue, and I can't afford to pay for another class. (I'm not in serious trouble. I'll still be able to post once or twice a day, but that's it.)

Anyway, MoS is right about his random vote. I wouldn't consider that a mark against him.

My eye right now is on tyhess. I agree with pwayne, he has been acting "weird". Thing is, he just joined the forums, and he's been acting like the typical newbie so far. So is he just a newbie town, or a newbie scum? RRR... if he'd been here for a few weeks already, I'd probably be voting for him now. Not sure I can attack him for newbness though.

More thoughts later, if I have time.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Oman »

I'm going to have to give Pwayne townie-brownies for what I feel to be geunuine anaylisis of each player.

Thats going on my list.

Rump, please explain what part of the wagon on flameaxe (read volkan's post if you want a condensed version) you disagree with?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”