Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Well when I mod, usually I just copy the same win condition for everyone.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Skruffs wrote:
Jordan wrote:(that is assuming that you've got a protown win condition, which I don't)
I was originally going to say that you yourself do not have a protown win condition, by your own admission, but then I realized that you COULD just be saying that you don't assume I have a protown win condition. But you have REALLY got to learn to phrase yourself better.
Yeah, sorry.
Skruffs wrote:I think I caught scum with my second post - why all the hostility?
What makes you say this? I say again, I didn't post my win condition word for word because otherwise I'd be modkilled.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Dusk
Dusk
Goon
Dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Dusk »

Address my post 703 please, Jordan.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by Aimee »

I notice Dusk was suggesting that the cop (if there was one) should maybe claim.

I was pondering this earlier, and wasn't 100% sure. If there was a cop, they are likely to have 2 investigation results now, either clearing two people, or having a guilty or two. This could be very useful, but at the same time, it could be too early for the cop.

I'd like other people's opinions of this, since I think this could be an important issue.

Similarly, I was thinking about it, and I think that there are more disadvantages with Lowell claiming than advantages.

Also, Skruffs, your post to me implies that you are a Maximal.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Well when I mod, usually I just copy the same win condition for everyone.
If everyone has teh same win condition, they win at the start of day one. Different groups have different win conditions.

Yaymee.
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 am

Post by =Confused= »

Aimee wrote:I notice Dusk was suggesting that the cop (if there was one) should maybe claim.

I was pondering this earlier, and wasn't 100% sure. If there was a cop, they are likely to have 2 investigation results now, either clearing two people, or having a guilty or two. This could be very useful, but at the same time, it could be too early for the cop.

I'd like other people's opinions of this, since I think this could be an important issue.

Similarly, I was thinking about it, and I think that there are more disadvantages with Lowell claiming than advantages.

If the cop had two guilty's I would expect them out already as I think we only have two guilty people left, I don't understand how this could be "too early"

Lowell's claim was pretty obvious and narrows down potential scum hiding places. Looking at it now, I can only see it making things difficult for the scum because of this. What disadvantages do you see with it Aimee?

Skruffs: So Jordan is your number one suspect because of his win condition? What are your thoughts on the rest of the players?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:56 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Dusk wrote:
FoS: Jordan

You just didn't RB anyone? With a Doc gone, what were you afraid of? You also didn't RB who you said you would the night previously if I remember correctly. I'll have to do a thorough read through later.
I did roleblock someone, TG (now Skruffs).

Night 1, I chose to roleblock STD rather than Lowell because I thought that since the scum would know there is a potential that the person they send to kill someone would be roleblocked, so they wouldn't have sent Lowell because I've been after him all game, and they'd have thought I'd roleblock him, so I went for someone I suspected of being his buddy (STD).

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Aimee »

=Confused= wrote:
Aimee wrote:I notice Dusk was suggesting that the cop (if there was one) should maybe claim.

If the cop had two guilty's I would expect them out already as I think we only have two guilty people left, I don't understand how this could be "too early"

Lowell's claim was pretty obvious and narrows down potential scum hiding places. Looking at it now, I can only see it making things difficult for the scum because of this. What disadvantages do you see with it Aimee?

Skruffs: So Jordan is your number one suspect because of his win condition? What are your thoughts on the rest of the players?
And if the cop had 2 innocents? Remember, the second killing party (most likely to be an SK), could have investigation immunity.

I was referring to Lowell name claiming being a bad idea.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:05 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Also, on the Cop claim issue (presuming we have a cop), if they have a guilty on anyone, claim now please. If they have two innocents, don't claim yet.

In fact, the cop shouldn't claim unless they have a guilty, since they could well be naive if he keeps getting innocents.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

You are assuming there is a cop.

=confused= - You don't seem to particularly care that his win condition is different than the Maximals. Interesting. Presumably, now, there are three types of win conditions in play. That of Mafia (one left, or maybe 0), town (Maximal) and the third kill group, presumably an SK since nobody has claimed it as vig. I did some matha nd decided that there probably are not four win conditions. If power roles have a different win condition than vanilla townies, I would prefer neither power roles or vanilla townies to explicitly point out how they might differ, because he has claimed a power role. So that is his only out.

Jordan is my top suspect, at this moment, but it's not worth voting him yet. The other person who claimed predacon was scum. Is there any others in the game? More than one would be enough for me to take his claim at face value..
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:52 am

Post by =Confused= »

Skruffs wrote:=confused= - You don't seem to particularly care that his win condition is different than the Maximals. Interesting.
Who said I wasn't interested?

That said I think we're treading close to out guessing the mod if you want to lynch Jordan solely on his win condition and how he worded it in his claim. Aren't you going to analyze his game play? If you think you have found scum it shouldn't be too much to actually look and lay some proof out on the table to back up the win condition point. That's what I want to see, the fact that you seem to think just putting the wording out there is enough, is very weak to me.
Aimee wrote:And if the cop had 2 innocents? Remember, the second killing party (most likely to be an SK), could have investigation immunity.
Two innocents the cop should stay hidden unless we start to string one of those innocents up.
Aimee wrote:I was referring to Lowell name claiming being a bad idea.
Ah okay.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Confused, i am basing m opinion of him on how he's'playing. I think he fudged up a fake claim. I have no way of knowing wether he is a roleblocker or not, either because i have no night action, i did not use my night action, or my night action does not provide me with results that would refute that.
i doubt that a mini would have a godfather *and* a roleblocker, not without three or four power roles, so i suppose that if jordan can prove he is one, everything is copescetic.since he cant, i will have to look at if there was some reason to think TG was scum or if he is claiming to have targetted people that he were likely not power roles. I need to read the game, obviously, and am working on that.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Aimee »

And your thoughts on the other players, Skruffs?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:03 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Some actual evidence against me would also be nice.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Lowell »

Aimee, worry not, I won't name claim.

Which will be easy, because I have absolutely no recollection of what it is.

All I know is that STD was my BOY, and now he's gone. So very very sad.
Dusk
Dusk
Goon
Dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Dusk »

Lowell wrote:Aimee, worry not, I won't name claim.

Which will be easy, because I have absolutely no recollection of what it is.

All I know is that STD was my BOY, and now he's gone. So very very sad.
Oh so does this mean you're claiming to be the mason, Lowell? Are you going to give us a CC with your RC?
Dusk
Dusk
Goon
Dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Dusk »

Also, I feel analysis slow down the game, and if Skruff just wants to go off of what he sees immediatly then let him. I it comes back to bit e him in the ass it's ironic because of his avatar, but it's also just as well. He has given reasons.

Furthermore, we can't decide if the Cop is trustworthy until he or she comes out. Yes he or she could be naive, but when exactly are we going to be the judge of that? Once they're offed in the Night in a one out of six shot in the dark. It could happen. But it's still up to the player and it's risk we don't
have
to take. Just a suggestion
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Actually, okay, Megatron was a Predacon. So that's cool.

Jordan claimed one win condition and then stated that he didn't actually state his real win condition. That, to me, says something. I'm not sure why I should be looking at other players, until this gets resolved? Not that I am lazy or anything, but, if the nail has been hit on the head once, why tap all the other nails a bit, too?

Dusk, I'm confused. What's going to bite me on the ass? And what does that have to do with my avatar? :sulk: I like cookies.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:18 pm

I think TG was the most scummy and we should lynch Skruffs. My vote is already on him, and honestly, after re-reading on the fly, I really encourage everyone to vote for Skruffs because I'm pretty sure.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:58 pm

Post by Aimee »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think TG was the most scummy and we should lynch Skruffs. My vote is already on him, and honestly, after re-reading on the fly, I really encourage everyone to vote for Skruffs because I'm pretty sure.
A case would be nice. I'm having trouble knowing why I should vote for him with someone merely shouting "TG IS SCUM!"
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:51 am

I think we gathered all we needed to on day 2.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Lowell »

I haven't been paying attention, really.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't vote for Dusk.
Dusk
Dusk
Goon
Dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Dusk »

Skruffs wrote:Dusk, I'm confused. What's going to bite me on the ass? And what does that have to do with my avatar? :sulk: I like cookies.
The jitterbug is going to bite you on the ass. jk. You avatar is a dog. Dogs can bite on the ass. *rimshot*. Alright. moving on...
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:10 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Skruffs wrote:Jordan claimed one win condition and then stated that he didn't actually state his real win condition. That, to me, says something.
OMG!!! *bangs head on keyboard repeatedly* :shock: :shock: :shock:

JordanA24 wrote:
What makes you say this? I say again, I didn't post my win condition word for word because otherwise I'd be modkilled.
I couldn't make it bloody plainer.

=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:18 am

Post by =Confused= »

Aimee wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think TG was the most scummy and we should lynch Skruffs. My vote is already on him, and honestly, after re-reading on the fly, I really encourage everyone to vote for Skruffs because I'm pretty sure.
A case would be nice. I'm having trouble knowing why I should vote for him with someone merely shouting "TG IS SCUM!"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=559
This is my case back when I first replaced in and really nothing has changed my mind about TG and now Skruffs.
Skruffs wrote: Jordan claimed one win condition and then stated that he didn't actually state his real win condition. That, to me, says something. I'm not sure why I should be looking at other players, until this gets resolved? Not that I am lazy or anything, but, if the nail has been hit on the head once, why tap all the other nails a bit, too?
It says to me that he didn't want to be mod killed. However if you could point to parts in the game outside his claim that make him look scummy, his wording might have more weight. You're really beating a dead horse unless you can do this. At least to me.
Skruffs wrote:Confused, i am basing m opinion of him on how he's'playing. I think he fudged up a fake claim. I have no way of knowing wether he is a roleblocker or not, either because i have no night action, i did not use my night action, or my night action does not provide me with results that would refute that.
i doubt that a mini would have a godfather *and* a roleblocker, not without three or four power roles, so i suppose that if jordan can prove he is one, everything is copescetic.since he cant, i will have to look at if there was some reason to think TG was scum or if he is claiming to have targetted people that he were likely not power roles. I need to read the game, obviously, and am working on that.
I would suggest that you actually finish reading the game then you might see why Jordan chose TG to block last night.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”