Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Kerplunk »

d3sisted wrote:I think I'd actually support a
replacement
for pooky, with Jimmy at a close second.
If the players are still on this site and reading this game there is no need for a replacement. If you don't like the way they are playing, that doesn't mean they should be replaced.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Atticus »

ryan wrote:
Atticus wrote:Killing is what Max suggested...
I understand but repeating it doesn't make it any better, just makes you two look in cahoots with eachother. My Pooky pressure vote got nowhere, so for now

Unvote:

d3sisted and Max are the two I've got my eye on currently but not enough to place a vote.
Not to kick a dead horse, but I said the opposite, yes? Max suggest Nightkilling pooky mainly becauyse pooky isn't productive. I suggest replacement as a better alternative.

Unless you're suggesting that I am in cahoots with... Pooky?
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:09 am

Post by ryan »

d3sisted wrote:Above post was about Pooky.

As for Jimmy: Friday. It is now Tuesday.
Oh I understand that, I'm just saying Pooky has been alot more inactive than Jimmy has been.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:09 am

Post by distad »

d3sisted wrote:Not to mention his two most recent posts are votes without evidence. <--- Pooky

As for Jimmy: Friday. It is now Tuesday.

Yeah... stateside it was a long weekend, and I have a feeling that Monday was a bank holiday in UK, as well. I'm not worried about him not being here over a long weekend in a game where he has been otherwise somewhat active.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:12 am

Post by d3sisted »

OOH, yeah, forgot about the long weekend. Labour day for us Canadians.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:14 am

Post by ryan »

Kerplunk wrote:
replacement
If the players are still on this site and reading this game there is no need for a replacement. If you don't like the way they are playing, that doesn't mean they should be replaced.
Reading the game and participating are two completely different things
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:14 am

Post by distad »

Kerplunk wrote:
replacement
QFT
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:24 am

Post by distad »

Yes... and if they are lurking, it is their choice. Just because we don't enjoy their gameplay doesn't mean we can replace them.

We might want to use that as a reason to lynch (or determine as jester) but that should be the extent of it.
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

PookyTheMagicalBear has been prodded.

Vote Count

d3sisted (5): Kerplunk, Numenorean7, Atticus, distad, Jimmy R
Atticus (2): somestrangeflea, PookyTheMagicalBear
ryan (1): JDodge
JDodge (1): Jex
Max (1): d3sisted

Not Voting: Max, ryan
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Post by Jimmy R »

So I don't post for 3 days and you want a replacement? Nothing to do with you squirming and the fact my vote is on you of course.

Don't have much to say that hasn't already been brought up at the moment so rather than rehash old arguments I'm just sitting tight. Happy with where my vote is.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Atticus »

Actually, you can replace people for lurking. The point mafia is communication. If you cut yourself off, you cut off the only fair resource the town has. Sure, it could be a good scum tactic, but it's, in a sense, cheating. Which is why people should be replaced for it.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Atticus »

The point
of the game
mafia
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Jimmy R »

After 3 days over a weekend? It's hardly lurking.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:52 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

somestrangeflea wrote:
d3sisted wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:Wo-uh... I mean, Egads! Numen's PBPA analysis on d3sisted was, in my opinion, fantastic.
Excuse me? I've managed to respond to each of those points individually in my defense, effectively reducing his analysis to ashes. There's no base in it any more, there's nothing "fantastic" about it.
And, in turn, he responded to each of those points in a way which, IMO, more convincing. You made no response to that post though...
The fact that you have still refused to respond to either this or Numen's post I refer to prompts me to
FoS: d3sisted

I'm not putting you within hammering (or self-hammering, as the case may be) distance yet...
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Kerplunk »

My last post about metagaming.
Atticus wrote:Actually, you can replace people for lurking. The point mafia is communication. If you cut yourself off, you cut off the only fair resource the town has. Sure, it could be a good scum tactic, but it's, in a sense, cheating. Which is why people should be replaced for it.
I disagree with you here. If the mod prods a player and that player is saying that he is following the game but chooses not to post, that is his good right. Maybe the guy lurking wants to see who first notices it and thinks this is a scumtell (or not).

The point of mafia is not communication, but the point is to win. I agree with you that if you are a townie, it's in your best interests if you post sufficiently to get the discussion going. If you are pro-town and you lurk it is *probably* bad play.

But bad play doesn't mean you should replace someone. It is also bad play to hammer someone at page one. But should that player be replaced? Only if a player *wants* screw everyone else, he should be replaced. But if everyone plays to win, no-one should be replaced.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I am sorry, I also mean the point of
the game
mafia.

To add: if you believe someone is purposefully cutting himself off to evade suspiciousness, use your vote to get him to post.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:57 am

Post by ryan »

Kerplunk wrote:I am sorry, I also mean the point of
the game
mafia.

To add: if you believe someone is purposefully cutting himself off to evade suspiciousness, use your vote to get him to post
That isn't always true. I placed a vote on Pooky to get him posting and you saw where that got......nowhere. People who sign up for a game and only participate when they are given a prod irritate me.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Atticus »

Jimmy R wrote:After 3 days over a weekend? It's hardly lurking.
Not everything is about you, I was talking about Pooky.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 am

Post by distad »

d3 called him out, Atticus...
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Atticus »

Heh, well, perhaps I misunderstand the situation.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Atticus »

Or, at least, I figured he was talking to me, since I was the last one to post before his post. While in truth, I had posted just after Jimmy R, even though I was addressing distad.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:
Kerplunk wrote:I am sorry, I also mean the point of
the game
mafia.

To add: if you believe someone is purposefully cutting himself off to evade suspiciousness, use your vote to get him to post.
That isn't always true. I placed a vote on Pooky to get him posting and you saw where that got......nowhere. People who sign up for a game and only participate when they are given a prod irritate me.
I can understand that they are irritating, but it is no reason to replace them. It would also irritate me if you vote for me. :)

It is his right not to post, but if he really doesn't post than I will also be inclined to vote for him. But I think d3sisted is more suspicious for now. And why? Mostly gut

Most (experienced) players who are quiet at the first days will post more on later days. I am willing to give Pooky the benefit of the doubt for now.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:02 am

Post by ryan »

That doesn't give them an excuse just because they are exprienced. I hate the fact that players who "play that way" are given a free pass to Day 2. That's just a joke if you ask me. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent in mafiascum.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by d3sisted »

somestrangeflea wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
d3sisted wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:Wo-uh... I mean, Egads! Numen's PBPA analysis on d3sisted was, in my opinion, fantastic.
Excuse me? I've managed to respond to each of those points individually in my defense, effectively reducing his analysis to ashes. There's no base in it any more, there's nothing "fantastic" about it.
And, in turn, he responded to each of those points in a way which, IMO, more convincing. You made no response to that post though...
The fact that you have still refused to respond to either this or Numen's post I refer to prompts me to
FoS: d3sisted

I'm not putting you within hammering (or self-hammering, as the case may be) distance yet...
I don't see why I should respond to it when my original case sufficiently answers everything there. But if you really insist, I guess I could do up the response later tonight.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Max »

we need to move onto a night here the first day lynch is always vital and normally the first day is over by now admittedly theres a jester but it can't rule the game for all we know it could be me it could be ryan, d3sisted anyone but the only players that are near hammer is d3sisted I think he is mafia but with that comes a risk of ending the game prematurely
HoS: d3sisted

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”