Micro 545 | Slavic Music Mafia | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 am

Post by notscience »

WAGON HO
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.05 Little Big - Everyday I'm drinking

Our country in deep shit yo
But i love, but i love you!
No future, no rich
This is Russia bitch!

Everyday I'm drinking
Everyday I'm drinking
Everyday I'm drinking
I'm drinking everyday.Hey

lynching
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!:
Espeonage
(L-3): Bins, notscience
Bins
(L-4): Espeonage
Apricity
(L-4): herrcombs
The_Jester
(L-4):
wgeurts
, Postie
Postie
(L-4): wgeurts

Not Voting
(3): Apricity, Tere, The_Jester

get a room
It takes 3 votes to get a room.

:!:
Bins and Espeonage
(R-2): Postie

Not Voting
(8): Apricity, Bins, herrcombs, wgeurts, notscience, The_Jester, Espeonage, Tere

Post restrictions
Spoiler: 1 current post restriction(s): (may not talk to or about each other in public, may vote and unvote normally)
notscience and The_Jester (expired on 2015-11-01 15:45:00)

Spoiler: Infractions
Bins [1/3]

Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-11 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have music genre requests (rap, pop, ballads, folk, sad, happy, angry, gay, purple, a specific country, etc. I've got about 77 bands lined up to choose from!)

Mod notes: I’m using dice tags to pick which song so don’t read anything into it.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Postie »

BTW, are we planning to stack rooms again?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 am

Post by notscience »

All of these vanity wagons should stop being vain and form central wagons.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Tere »

I think we should spend today in room creation, I'm not pro a quick lynch - let's get the rooms sorted out. We have time.

Notty, I'm about to head into V/LA for the weekend, but you want a room?

I am happy to expedite roominess for whoever wants!

Plot, V/LA till Monday morning, on husband duty xx

Noted. I'll list you as such in the vote counts. In my ruleset, weekends count as 24 hours for activity purposes. A person who posts on Friday evening will not be due for a prod until Monday evening. --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Tere »

Today = ToDay, obvs.
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Tere »

In post 121, Bins wrote:oh yeah notscience is very town to me right now

Can you elaborate on why you think this? Now you are both free I am assuming there is past "I can read you" meta that caused notty to pounce so quickly?
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Tere »

In post 124, notscience wrote:town-
Postie
Bins
Jester

who are these people
everyone else

Scummy-
Espe

OK, cool, can you walk us through your town and scum reads, please? :)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 am

Post by notscience »

Sure.

Postie is town based off of some of the ways she interacted with me in the PT, namely based off of a slipup I made (I had talked to jester pregame and I had brought up something we had talked about in that pt without mentioning that I had talked to him pregame) and that paranoia and keying inon that shows the deeper level of thinking indictive of town.

Jester I get awkward newbtown vibes from.

And the loser is town, her interactions with me in the PT seemed genuine especially her response to why she was being serious regarding the mechanics.

And Espe originally started as a misunderstanding where I thought I posted something and then didn't but overall he's the person who's actually been talking to me a fair amount that I'm not getting townvibes off of? Someone mentioned that centering the game around the rooms could be a way to try and starve the game of information but his excuse is that it makes it easier on emotional readers and I didn't think to ask but then my big question is who in this game would that even apply to?

Overall it's not a take to the bank scumread but it's the best I hve atm
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Postie »

In post 133, notscience wrote:And Espe originally started as a misunderstanding where I thought I posted something and then didn't but overall he's the person who's actually been talking to me a fair amount that I'm not getting townvibes off of?

Shouldn't that make him null? Why does no townvibes = scummy?

Someone mentioned that centering the game around the rooms could be a way to try and starve the game of information but his excuse is that it makes it easier on emotional readers and I didn't think to ask but then my big question is who in this game would that even apply to?

I can't speak for Espe, but from what I've seen of his meta, getting emotional reactions from people is a thing he's been eager to try out recently, so I don't think this is something he pulled out of nowhere to justify using the mechanic in a scummy way.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 am

Post by Tere »

I don't have time to organise this till Monday, but I think it would be a great idea for everyone to be in at least a couple of rooms. Gives scum much less places to hide.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Tere »

In post 134, Postie wrote:
In post 133, notscience wrote:And Espe originally started as a misunderstanding where I thought I posted something and then didn't but overall he's the person who's actually been talking to me a fair amount that I'm not getting townvibes off of?

Shouldn't that make him null? Why does no townvibes = scummy?

Someone mentioned that centering the game around the rooms could be a way to try and starve the game of information but his excuse is that it makes it easier on emotional readers and I didn't think to ask but then my big question is who in this game would that even apply to?

I can't speak for Espe, but from what I've seen of his meta, getting emotional reactions from people is a thing he's been eager to try out recently, so I don't think this is something he pulled out of nowhere to justify using the mechanic in a scummy way.

That's implying more experience with MS than an August join date - I don't mind if you are an alt and I don't want to descend into alt fishing wankiness, but I am wondering if that's something I should be considering?
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Tere »

Has anyone played with Apricity before? Would anyone like to get in a room with them based on their single solitary post? :)
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Tere »

@ Apricity, can you link us to any completed town and scum games, since I see from your ISO you have played forum mafia elsewhere just not on MS before your join date? Ta :)
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Postie »

In post 136, Tere wrote:That's implying more experience with MS than an August join date - I don't mind if you are an alt and I don't want to descend into alt fishing wankiness, but I am wondering if that's something I should be considering?

Nah. I just spectated a game Espe was in where he said that's what he was doing.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:10 am

Post by notscience »

I guess.

I'm approaching it with gamblers fallacy I guess, of the people I have a read on they make up half the playerlist so one must be scum?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Tere »

In post 139, Postie wrote:
In post 136, Tere wrote:That's implying more experience with MS than an August join date - I don't mind if you are an alt and I don't want to descend into alt fishing wankiness, but I am wondering if that's something I should be considering?

Nah. I just spectated a game Espe was in where he said that's what he was doing.

Post 243 and 399 in that game, right? I'll have a look after the weekend. My casserole is done and smells yummy! :)
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Postie »

In post 141, Tere wrote:Post 243 and 399 in that game, right?

Yup.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 119, wgeurts wrote:
In post 49, Postie wrote:
In post 42, The_Jester wrote:I don't think claims have too much effect in the setup but whatever. I'm a town Bodyguard.

If you know claims are basically useless in this setup then why did you feel the need to claim?

VOTE: The_Jester
So before I disappeared due to IRL reasons I made a short point about this point. We are all bodyguards and it's obvious the Jester knew this (who in turn reacted too seriously to my joke). Postie not realising that it's of no importance for our claims could be a possible scum-slip as they don't have the bodyguard role. It's a weak tell, but something we should store as possible evidence later.

Oh right yeah before I forget - I do know Jester's claim doesn't matter and that's why I was quizzing him about it; saying he knew claims didn't really matter and then claiming anyway felt like he was really self-conscious, as if he didn't want to look scummy for being hesitant to claim if you were actually serious. Could just be nervous newbtown but I thought it was worth drilling into.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Apricity »

In post 138, Tere wrote:@ Apricity, can you link us to any completed town and scum games, since I see from your ISO you have played forum mafia elsewhere just not on MS before your join date? Ta :)

My only game on MS was Newbie 1652 modded by Zar. It was the first game with Daytalk, but it didn't really matter for me since my partner was mostly inactive/lurky. I think that was definitely one of my better games. If you want games from elsewhere I can link them once I find them.

Haven't had much time to read this thread until now, so I'm catching up. This mechanic also has me kinda lost. Is everyone just posting in PTs right now or something? Normally I'm used to going through RVS and getting reads that way, but it seems that discussion is mostly happening outside of this thread, and I haven't got a room, so yeah.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Apricity »

I'm at the top of page 4. Liking notscience, Postie, and Espe. Not really liking Jester for the same reason that I think Postie stated--he clearly knows the setup and says mass claiming wouldn't be of much use, but he does it anyway. Not sure what to think about Herr's entry post. A bit of fluff and a random vote, then leaves without further comment.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 144, Apricity wrote:Haven't had much time to read this thread until now, so I'm catching up. This mechanic also has me kinda lost. Is everyone just posting in PTs right now or something? Normally I'm used to going through RVS and getting reads that way, but it seems that discussion is mostly happening outside of this thread, and I haven't got a room, so yeah.

A lot of posting is happening in PTs, yeah. I think a lot of the town, myself included, needs to remember it's important to post information and reads we get in the main thread, not just in PTs. Otherwise, the town has less information to work with. And scum could use a PT to manipulate someone without anyone calling them out on it.

Actually, on that vein - how would everyone feel about briefly summarising what went on in their PT with notscience? I think it would be a good idea to have that kind of info out in the open, since it would allow us to better asses if there's anything fishy going on.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Apricity »

I don't have a PT with notscience :( Anyone want a room with me? I know like nobody here, lol.

Fully caught up. Bins' back and forth with Espe feels town. I liked Herr's . Mostly null on everyone else, with Tere sitting between null and slight town.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Tere »

You are welcome to room with me Apicity but I am in V/LA and not strongly active till Monday. Wanna risk it? :D

Get a room: Tere and Apricity
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 144, Apricity wrote:
In post 138, Tere wrote:@ Apricity, can you link us to any completed town and scum games, since I see from your ISO you have played forum mafia elsewhere just not on MS before your join date? Ta :)

My only game on MS was Newbie 1652 modded by Zar. It was the first game with Daytalk, but it didn't really matter for me since my partner was mostly inactive/lurky. I think that was definitely one of my better games. If you want games from elsewhere I can link them once I find them.

Haven't had much time to read this thread until now, so I'm catching up. This mechanic also has me kinda lost. Is everyone just posting in PTs right now or something? Normally I'm used to going through RVS and getting reads that way, but it seems that discussion is mostly happening outside of this thread, and I haven't got a room, so yeah.

Please link some threads at least.

the way I see this game is the get a room mechanic is a strong town mechanism to counteract we will have no fucking idea who the night kill was on :) as the game progresses town aligned neighbourhoods are in place. I want to understand you more so I've asked for a room with you. Want one? :D

(I know NK analysis can be balls but this is full erasure.)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”